• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Man... I feeling like it's too late to join the discussion. XP

I posted a thread about this at Nsider2, but I think the story for SSB4 needs to revive the concepts started in SSB64. But given the hundreds of thousands of posts, I'm sure somebody else has expressed this sentiment already.
Welcome to Smashboards! Glad to have a productive member here. Looking forward from hearing from you more.

:phone:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
If it is the same person, he made Kirby hats of a lot of really popular characters, here's one of them:

[COLLAPSE="Here's most, if not all of his hats"]
[/COLLAPSE]

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
Mind expessing the idea in details? I would like to critique on it.

Also, welcome to Smashboards. :)

Well.... I can direct you to the thread I posted, rather than copy/pasting. It's a long post. XP

In fact, I plan on reposting it here as a blog entry, ilke, as soon as possible, so perhaps when I get that to work, I'll link to that instead, so you can reply there. For some reason, I'm having trouble with the blog features... I posted a thread in support, but no response yet.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Well.... I can direct you to the thread I posted, rather than copy/pasting. It's a long post. XP

In fact, I plan on reposting it here as a blog entry, ilke, as soon as possible, so perhaps when I get that to work, I'll link to that instead, so you can reply there. For some reason, I'm having trouble with the blog features... I posted a thread in support, but no response yet.

Hey, that's fine, I would mind going to GameFaqs anyhow.

Also, did you create those Kirby Hats?

Hoots

Can Be Combative

ZOMG it's THE hex! I was a big Nsider guy before it got shut down. PLEASE make a Layton Kirby! I'll be your best friend!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
What he should make is a creeper Kirby, now THAT would be awesome

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
Hey, that's fine, I would mind going to GameFaqs anyhow.

Also, did you create those Kirby Hats?

I did indeed. ^^;;

Didn't know whether or not they had spread this far into the community. They were pretty popular at Nsider and Nsider2, and when I started posting at IGN's Zelda Board I learned that they reached IGN's Smash Board as well... And of course there's YouTube...

I guess I should've known. =P

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
LOL..why did NSiders get shut down in the first place? :laugh:

It became a terrible place where spam was rampant. Well, that's what I assumed. But hey, I was like 13. So I probably don't know the whole story.

Most people from the Pre-Brawl days know about your hats. You're pretty famous.

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
It became a terrible place where spam was rampant. Well, that's what I assumed. But hey, I was like 13. So I probably don't know the whole story.
It got closed because they were refitting the servers for Club Nintendo.

...man this place moves fast. I forgot what it's like to post at a super active forum. ^^;; It was like this at Nsider during the wait for Brawl as well... but things died at Nsider2 after it released. I started posting there again last week, but it's slow. I kinda like it that way, as I'm active at IGN already, and keeping up with 3 forums is tough. XP

That's why I wanna start blogging here. I feel that's more manageable.

Barbasol

Smash Ace
I did indeed. ^^;;

Didn't know whether or not they had spread this far into the community. They were pretty popular at Nsider and Nsider2, and when I started posting at IGN's Zelda Board I learned that they reached IGN's Smash Board as well... And of course there's YouTube...

Ahaha, so once again he emerges. I remember you back on... I think original Nsider. Small world. Well, big world, small communities of Smash speculators.

... !

Uh, if you'd be interested in making a Black Knight Kirby I'd love to use it on the
Project Begnion page. Just sayin. :)

OmegaXXII

Uh, if you'd be interested in making a Black Knight Kirby I'd love to use it on the
Project Begnion page. Just sayin. :)
Dammit, you beat me to it!!

@Hex: Irealky wouldn't mind if you did one, if you can that would be nice.

Also, link please! ^_^

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
I'll be honest........ I might do more Kirby Hats when we start getting official art for SSB4. But until then, sorry guys. =/ I'm pretty busy in the art department, as I now work for an indie game developer as an artist, and I also do graphic design work for a marketing company.

OmegaXXII

Whoa! A graphic designer? Why aren't you with Nintendo yet?!

And that's fine, I can wait for e3, there's going to be a massive hype anyhow.

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
I would love to work for Nintendo, but living in America, I don't see that happening. I'd prolly have to move to Japan permanently. =P

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
We always have Berserker's Ridley hat to tie us over

TL OWNS U

Smash Apprentice
I would love to work for Nintendo, but living in America, I don't see that happening. I'd prolly have to move to Japan permanently. =P
If you keep positive, you will most likely work for Nintendo one day. I mean I know a guy who always wanted to work for Sony, and now he does (sort of).

Barbasol

Smash Ace
I'll be honest........ I might do more Kirby Hats when we start getting official art for SSB4. But until then, sorry guys. =/ I'm pretty busy in the art department, as I now work for an indie game developer as an artist, and I also do graphic design work for a marketing company.
No worries, it was presumptuous of us to ask. :)

Who do you work with? Any little games we may have heard of?

--

Also, I missed discussing Paper Mario, but I thought: Why do we need to limit ourselves by actually having Paper Mario? Could we not have an in-universe character represent the series better than having another mario?

Say...
Rawk Hawk- Who'd fight like a WWE wrestler
Doopliss- Copy abilities, ghosty

I'd say those two could have their quirks AND use Paper Mario styled abilities to make a very interesting character. Eh?

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
C'mon guys, let's not begin inundating Hex with requests. We don't need to scare him off this early.

OmegaXXII

Haha!! Star is always right!!

Hex should stay, seems like he could offer alot of meaningful discussion, looking forward to his blog and such. :)

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
It's a startup company, and we haven't completed development of our first game yet. So there's nothing much that I can show you, as it's still a bit under wraps. But it's an iOS game that we'll hopefully be able to release on Steam as well.

It's a learning experience, and we're starting to grow, but it'll be a while before our name is recognizable or anything. =P

Barbasol

Smash Ace
It's a startup company, and we haven't completed development of our first game yet. So there's nothing much that I can show you, as it's still a bit under wraps. But it's an iOS game that we'll hopefully be able to release on Steam as well.

It's a learning experience, and we're starting to grow, but it'll be a while before our name is recognizable or anything. =P
Well that's still really cool, it's a good time for Indie game companies right now. I'm actually heading off to a game design course in two-three weeks. I'm stoked. :D

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
That being said... anybody else do any blogging here? Maybe I could ask for some assistance on PM or something. Support hasn't responded.

TL OWNS U

Smash Apprentice
I agree. With indie games being more popular than ever, now is a good time to start. I think we can thank Minecraft a bit for that.

OmegaXXII

That being said... anybody else do any blogging here? Maybe I could ask for some assistance on PM or something. Support hasn't responded.
I hear SSBFan also has an account on GameFaqs, perhaps Starphoenix could help you out, he does have a Stage Concept blog, which I recommend you take a look at, it's amazing to say the least.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Super Smash Bros. Gentlemanly Engagement. Feat. Professor Layton.

Just saying, but if Professor Layton somehow makes it to the next Smash as a playable character, I would make him my secondary at least. To hell with top tiers, fave characters all the way man.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
Premium
NNID
7066-9708-9591
Lol..somebody mentioned that Toad seems very unliky because he's a Neutral B move, he seemed very grumpy as well.

*He doesn't like Ness*

@Opelucid: How about adding Mad King Ashnard and Dr. Robotnik to that list as well, they would both make very good SSE bosses.

don't anyone else see it a little disurbing that peach uses her suboridance as a weapion, seems like she is not that good of a princess as ppl think lol

anyway what about super smash bros ridley? :p

ssbf: did you see my reply post, intresting in seeing if I convinced you any?

star: when u get time is there anyway you can do a ridley sig and maybe a robotnic graphic?

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
I hear SSBFan also has an account on GameFaqs, perhaps Starphoenix could help you out, he does have a Stage Concept blog, which I recommend you take a look at, it's amazing to say the least.

Well I was thinking more specifically of the blog feature here at Smashboards. It does have a blog feature, right? Or maybe I'm just misunderstanding the point of the user blogs forum.

OmegaXXII

Just saying, but if Professor Layton somehow makes it to the next Smash as a playable character, I would make him my secondary at least. To hell with top tiers, fave characters all the way man.
Have you read this?

http://gonintendo.com/?p=103521

According to that, Level-5 shows interest and would probably love to see Professor Layton in Smash, I would be very hopeful if I were you.

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
Have you read this?

According to that Level-5 would love to see Professor Layton in Smash, I would be very hopeful if I were you.

I'd be down for it if Layton gets a rapier or a sabre. He can swordfight. =D Though it'd be interesting to see how Sakurai would implement a character from that genre of games. I believe anything is possible in Smash, knowing that Fox and C. Falcon have a moveset. =P

OmegaXXII

Well I was thinking more specifically of the blog feature here at Smashboards. It does have a blog feature, right? Or maybe I'm just misunderstanding the point of the user blogs forum.
Yes, the Blogs here on SWF can indeed be posted under the User Blog section, Starphoenix and SSBF have already done so.

TL OWNS U

Smash Apprentice
Have you read this?

According to that, Level-5 shows interest and would probably love to see Professor Layton in Smash, I would be very hopeful if I were you.

I'm just wondering how Layton would work in Smash Bros. I bet his final smash would involve a Puzzel that the other smashers must try to solve and if they are wrong/take too long, it's an automatic KO.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Super Smash Bros Fan has an ongoing blog here, so if you need some tips, you can always ask him.

Now that Hex is all integrated into our little group, I'll get back what I was going to say when I first got logged on. Okay, so randomly as I was waking up today, I got this vision of Geno being announced as a character at the end of the first SSB4 trailer. So, how would you all feel about that? He was looking about as epic, or even more epic than Snake.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom