• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Haha, good times, did you used to roam around here during the brawl hype? I did, trollin and flaming noobs was alot of fun.

:phone:

MechaWave

Smash Champion
Or maybe not. Who knows... It's not like we know what he's thinking right now.....

*imagines*

Sakurai browses all topics about smash 4

Sakurai sees all their predictions

Sakurai: *Laugh*
He reads the Japanese community's thoughts more than ours.

I cant wait to be trolled daily by the Dojo like back in 2007, I swear that was the best part
Lol. I didn't care back then but now I'll be trolled by the new Dojo he'll make in 1-2 years. Sadly I wasn't aware of this website then so I couldn't see all the crazy shenanigans and the focus on Melee.

MechaWave

Smash Champion
You guys expecting..... 50 characters or more cause I am. I'm positive about this game. Well, that's not the only thing I'm positive about anyway

Too bad Sakurai can't speak English well.
I'm expecting 60 is an even balance.

Thino

Smash Master
I'm expecting a roster so big , you have to get your eyes off the TV and look on the WiiU controller screen around the house to see all the characters

edit : there will be characters downstairs too

OmegaXXII

Actually, there is a video about Master Chief playing brawl : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbbRpN2FNmw

You guys expecting..... 50 characters or more cause I am. I'm positive about this game. Well, that's not the only thing I'm positive about anyway

Too bad Sakurai can't speak English well.

OH ****, that is too cool.

Honestly I'm not expecting much maybe around 47/48 with transformations included, I'm simply not going to be all the optimistic about it simply because Innever want to face or know dissapointment from Sakurai, EVER!!

There was a link to it.

And Omega, I hope it exceeds 45 characters. I'd be fine with a roster of well.... Depends. I don't care if a goomba is part of it.

Thino

Smash Master
I honestly dont care about the size I want some kind of gimmick with the WiiU controller , like normal characters on TV screen , Evil side/clones/transformations on WiiU controller screen

make it happen Sak !

MechaWave

Smash Champion
Breaking news. I decided to check something out.

According to Project Sora's employment page, both games will begin development in October 2011. Some already know this.

The length of development is scheduled to be approximately 2-3 years (it does not say "minimum" or "maximum".) This means you could expect both Smash Bros. in 2014 as it seems reasonable.

The production of both games is 7 hours and 45 minutes everyday. Break times and holidays are included.

They're currently looking for 1 programmer, 2 programming planners, 3-7 designers, and 8 sound workers. Sound workers will begin their production in August 2011.

OmegaXXII

Yea, I believe the Wii-U for Smash will utilize the built in camera it has, in such a way that you control what you can see on stage, pretty interesting indeed.

Thino

Smash Master
Breaking news. I decided to check something out.

According to Project Sora's employment page, both games will begin development in October 2011. Some already know this.

The length of development is scheduled to be approximately 2-3 years (it does not say "minimum" or "maximum".) This means you could expect both Smash Bros. in 2014 as it seems reasonable.

The production of both games is 7 hours and 45 minutes everyday. Break times and holidays are included.

They're currently looking for 1 programmer, 2 programming planners, 3-7 designers, and 8 sound workers. Sound workers will begin their production in August 2011.
are they getting 30%/20% of their pay cut like Nintendo employees because of the 3DS fail sales?

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord
55?!! I wish that were to happen, you should make an updated roster of what characters you think will be in.

Ok, I speculate this number according to increase to 64 characters in Melee, Melee to Brawl:

12 N64
26 NGC
38 NWii

N64 - NGC = 14 characters
NGC - NWii = 12 characters
NWii - NWiiU = 17 characters

No significant changes.

OmegaXXII

Ok, I speculate this number according to increase to 64 characters in Melee, Melee to Brawl:

12 N64
NGC 26
38 NWii

N64 - NGC = 14 characters
NGC - NWii = 12 characters
NWii - NWiiU = 17 characters

No significant changes.
if the pattern is true the I hope to at least see 47 characters, if not dissapointment.

Sakurai does tend to change opinions, hopefully he'll keep his word, he's so unpredictable! :/

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord
if the pattern is true the I hope to at least see 47 characters, if not dissapointment.

Sakurai does tend to change opinions, hopefully he'll keep his word, he's so unpredictable! :/

According to the pattern, we see at least 50! Do not worry, Sakurai is unpredictable, but he is wise!

MechaWave

Smash Champion
The 3D graphics SSB4 is going to use is with the Maya programming language. The images for the UI is made with PhotoShop. Sequences are made using Adobe Flash, that includes some 3D. The sound workers use a DAW (digital audio workstation.)

Sakurai also wants a unique approach towards the new UI and effects the game uses.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Sound effects better get improved- Melee had more fighting style-ones and many sounds fitted well (like Kirby's own vacuum inhale sound), but in Brawl, it sounds like some sort of casual fighting game wierdness. (-l-L-)

MechaWave

Smash Champion
That's all the information I can get right now. You'll just have to wait till next year's E3 to see if there's any information.

But at least you know Sakurai isn't planning on take 6 years like with Brawl. This means a Dojo could come quicker. The Dojo started in May 2007. The new one will probably come sooner in release because Sakurai will have to post more to compensate with all the new features and characters. I'm expecting one in 2013.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom