• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Which is a shame because going by this idea that Cell Junior proposed, there is a very slight chance that we could see over 60 characters on both platforms and would make over 50 characters that much more likely (Including transformations).

Personally, the lowest I am willing to go is 44 and I think it's possible that we could see 50. I think 46-48 is the most likely IMO (Not including transformations. Transformation would be 48-54).
I love that idea proposed, but I'm not going there. I absolutely REFUSE to expect more than the bare minimum.

User33

Smash Journeyman
I guessed 38-42 for Brawl as well (including transformations)

For SSBWiiU I'm guessing 44-48 (including transformations).

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
@ Guy about Mewtwo

http://www.ssbwiki.com/Mewtwo

"citation needed citation needed citation needed citation needed citation needed citation needed citation needed citation needed citation needed "
Well I heard this information from hackers sifting through the game's data back in the day. There isn't much of a "place" I can send you other than people who mentioned it at the time who are relatively reputable.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
We can just ask hackers.

There are at least 4 hacking sub forums under General Brawl Discussion. Damn this is stupid lol, I'll just ask them.

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
We can just ask hackers.

There are at least 4 hacking sub forums under General Brawl Discussion. Damn this is stupid lol, I'll just ask them.
Screenshots would be nice as well. Just making a point, don't go about saying things are fact without citing a source, or providing a link to a reputable source.

Impmacaque

Smash Journeyman
46-48ish characters seems fine for me. Honestly, I hope they spend more time on balancing each individual member of the roster than they do adding a bunch of new guys. While it's nice to have a huge variety, I would be happiest with a very finely tuned game that has no obviously atrocious/unplayable characters (Ganon, I'm looking at you).

I am a tad bit worried of the game being rushed. Iwata announced it at E3, yet we already know development hasn't even started since Sakurai has been busy with Kid Icarus and (probably) does not even have a team ready to work on Smash. Such an early announcement leads me to think they want to capitalize on this game being a system seller and rush it to the market to ensure the WiiU/3DS are successful (developing two games simultaneously also means they have even more work cut out for them...). We'll have to wait to see what the timetable is for release, but I suspect we'll be seeing (at the very least) a trailer for the new SSB by next E3.

Fingers crossed, fellas.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Screenshots would be nice as well. Just making a point, don't go about saying things are fact without citing a source, or providing a link to a reputable source.
Screenshots of what? It's data. It's not like he's a barely functional character.

And again, hopefully you read this, reputable is completely in the eye of the beholder, and changes depending on how badly you want to be right.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
I'm not apart of the argument but it sure is dumb to watch it go around in circles. So I'm going to finish it.

I made a thread concerning the questioned info. We will have our answer shortly.

Also you can't go back around in circles with this answer. If you don't believe the answer they give me, that's a personal problem, go do it yourself.

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
Screenshots of what? It's data. It's not like he's a barely functional character.

And again, hopefully you read this, reputable is completely in the eye of the beholder, and changes depending on how badly you want to be right.
Screenshots of data, yes. And try writing your spiel on reputability on a highschool english research paper.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I just had this crazy idea for a stage. I know it is highly unlikely but I was just thinking about how cool it would be to have a stage where we fight on a plane. No, no, not Arwings or anything like that. I mean a regular plane from the 1920's, what's it they are called? Oh, yes, a biplane!

Anyway, this biplane is the main stage and it is pretty much made up of one long and flat platform on the top and two short but flat platforms under. The biplane's body would serve as an impassible wall between the two short platforms.

After a while, the biplane starts to move out from the screen in one side as another biplane appears from the other side. The characters must then jump on to the other biplane. Throughout the match, we jump back and forth between the two biplanes. Both biplanes can be perfectly horizontal but sometimes they tilt back and forth... so some items might roll off them and it might be a bit difficult to walk on them.

The biplane is flying around a huge Medieval castle surrounded by green hills and it is overrun with gorillas who are throwing balls at the biplanes. Inside and outside the castle, you can see playing card soldiers/frogs/rabbits, jesters, kings, and queens jumping up and down. The name of the stage would be called "Wonder Kingdom" because it is the setting of an obscure Nintendo arcade game from 1981, Sky Skipper.

[COLLAPSE="Sky Skipper"]
[/COLLAPSE]

Here's a gameplay video of Sky Skipper.

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
I just had this crazy idea for a stage. I know it is highly unlikely but I was just thinking about how cool it would be to have a stage where we fight on a plane. No, no, not Arwings or anything like that. I mean a regular plane from the 1920's, what's it they are called? Oh, yes, a biplane!

Anyway, this biplane is the main stage and it is pretty much made up of one long and flat platform on the top and two short but flat platforms under. The biplane's body would serve as an impassible wall between the two short platforms.

After a while, the biplane starts to move out from the screen in one side as another biplane appears from the other side. The characters must then jump on to the other biplane. Throughout the match, we jump back and forth between the two biplanes. Both biplanes can be perfectly horizontal but sometimes they tilt back and forth... so some items might roll off them and it might be a bit difficult to walk on them.

The biplane is flying around a huge Medieval castle surrounded by green hills and it is overrun with gorillas who are throwing balls at the biplanes. Inside and outside the castle, you can see playing card soldiers/frogs/rabbits, jesters, kings, and queens jumping up and down. The name of the stage would be called "Wonder Kingdom" because it is the setting of an obscure Nintendo arcade game from 1981, Sky Skipper.

[COLLAPSE="Sky Skipper"]
[/COLLAPSE]

That wouldn't be a bad stage at all, I think it's pretty cool. Surprised no one has done this in Brawl yet... or have they?

majora_787

Smash Hero
Screenshots of data, yes. And try writing your spiel on reputability on a highschool english research paper.
r_r Wow, you REALLY want to be right then.

Anyway, now that they've gone into the 'highschool' nature of arguments...

I remember my roommate thought Brawl was gonna have like 60 characters. -_-" He didn't believe the full roster until he played through the game and beat the SSE himself. <_<" He was really, reeeaaaally stubborn about it. I don't even wanna know what he'll be like for this...

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I can see it now. That would be amazing. Maybe Megaman walking into the boss room, and in the boss room Bowser is there with Ganondorf, Wario, King DeDeDe, and all the other villains. Megaman's reaction? "WTF" Then all the good guys jump in behind him, Mario leading the charge. Then epic battle scene!!! Hahaha. That would be so awesome... Someone needs to make this come true. :D
If they did this it would sort of remind mr of the scene where snake was inside the box and then BAM, shocked both Mario and Link.

I honestly can easily see another Kid Icarus rep, it's definetly not going to be out of the question.

More customized music options are a must, that feature alone would have me sold for this game.

:phone:

majora_787

Smash Hero
If they did this it would sort of remind mr of the scene where snake was inside the box and then BAM, shocked both Mario and Link.

I honestly can easily see another Kid Icarus rep, it's definetly not going to be out of the question.

More customized music options are a must, that feature alone would have me sold for this game.

:phone:
A series revival totally merits a second character. :3

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471

[COLLAPSE="Sky Skipper"]
[/COLLAPSE]

Sounds like a mix of Venom, Lylat Cruise, and Alice Wonder (due to the soldiers and animals). Only thing original I read out of that was 2 biplanes.

D

Deleted member

@Arcadenik: I really, really like this idea. It would give stages more of a variety and looks like a lot of fun to play. Great "WTF" stage.

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord
@ Guy about Mewtwo

http://www.ssbwiki.com/Mewtwo

"citation needed citation needed citation needed citation needed citation needed citation needed citation needed citation needed citation needed "
"Hacking has revealed Mewtwo to have been partially programmed, possessing its own character model and victory tune.(citation needed) It is possible that this data simply existed for referential purposes by the programmers, or that data was imported from Melee for some reason. Further hacking has revealed that Mewtwo's sound when selected on the character selection screen is also intact, supporting the theory it was planned for Brawl but was scrapped in development.(citation needed) Other sounds have reportedly been found such as Shadow Ball, Teleport, and a loud yelling noise with Mewtwo's voice, possibly suggesting he even had a Final Smash programmed.(citation needed) This is possible proof that Mewtwo was left out due to time constraints. After this, The Smash Back Room played a mass joke on Smashboards, even making a character discussion thread about Mewtwo and posting about how overpowered he supposedly was.(citation needed)"

But what? How? I'm Amazed!

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
r_r Wow, you REALLY want to be right then.

Anyway, now that they've gone into the 'highschool' nature of arguments...

I remember my roommate thought Brawl was gonna have like 60 characters. -_-" He didn't believe the full roster until he played through the game and beat the SSE himself. <_<" He was really, reeeaaaally stubborn about it. I don't even wanna know what he'll be like for this...
It's not that I want to be correct, I just don't feel it's logical to go blurting out information, and marking it as fact, without a proper source. Unless a source is by word of mouth, reliability is not relative. If what you're saying is true, it wouldn't be so hard to simply post a link providing a proper source, cited and all.

@Sonic Poke: That article may or may not be true. There is no source on all of the information provided and needs citation, therefore, the information could be completely made up. I'm not buying it.

majora_787

Smash Hero
It's not that I want to be correct, I just don't feel it's logical to go blurting out information, and marking it as fact, without a proper source. Unless a source is by word of mouth, reliability is not relative. If what you're saying is true, it wouldn't be so hard to simply post a link providing a proper source, cited and all.

@Sonic Poke: That article may or may not be true. There is no source on all of the information provided and needs citation, therefore, the information could be completely made up. I'm not buying it.
=\ Where's your citation for reliability not being relative? I'd love to see it.

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
=\ Where's your citation for reliability not being relative? I'd love to see it.
Go sit through any highschool or college English class and write a research paper and argue that, see how that goes for your grade. I'm still awaiting your proof of your claims. Reality isn't subjective.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-wii-u/59436439

I am still dumbfounded how people RAGE over the possibility of version exclusive characters when the alternative means a much smaller roster for both versions. We could even be looking at only 40 characters total (transformations included) for Smash 4 if people want both versions to have the same roster.

There is an old saying, be careful what you wish for....

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace

I am still dumbfounded how people RAGE over the possibility of version exclusive characters when the alternative means a much smaller roster for both versions. We could even be looking at only 40 characters total (transformations included) for Smash 4 if people want both versions to have the same roster.

Personally, I feel that they should both be the same aside from one or two exclusive character to each, that when you connect the 3DS to the WiiU, you get both characters on both systems.

D

Deleted member

Totally this. I (Limelight788 on that site) was influenced enough to where I plan on doing the exactly same thing for revising my roster. I want to see at least 44 characters in, I would love a 50+ character roster, and I certainly DO NOT want only 40 characters for the next Smash.

I have a feeling that Sakurai and his crew actually read these stuff. If the people who want no exclusives get their demands; the fanbase is up for a rude awakening. This will result in a ton of upset people.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Go sit through any highschool or college English class and write a research paper and argue that, see how that goes for your grade. I'm still awaiting your proof of your claims. Reality isn't subjective.
-____- who brought up reality?

Here let me copy your argument.

Go sit through any highschool or college English class and write a research paper for reality and argue that, see how that goes for your grade. I'm still awaiting your proof of your claims.

Do you even know what you typed because it didn't even make sense when I reworded it?

Gamingboy

Smash Lord
Of course, this all assumes Nintendo is actually listening as far as 3DS/WIIU. And when it comes to things like this, I'm guessing.... not.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Personally, I feel that they should both be the same aside from one or two exclusive character to each, that when you connect the 3DS to the WiiU, you get both characters on both systems.
The problem is that Sakurai has said that the 3DS version will face handicaps for things we typically enjoy Smash Bros. for. Some things of which Sakurai pondered about what would be sacrificed in regards to the 3DS version would be a 50 character roster and "double the amount of stages".

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Thanks guys, I am glad you guys liked the idea of a Sky Skipper stage with the biplanes... that would be a good WTF stage... kinda like how Hanenbow (the Electroplankton stage) was in Brawl. :p

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
-____- who brought up reality?

Here let me copy your argument.

Go sit through any highschool or college English class and write a research paper for reality and argue that, see how that goes for your grade. I'm still awaiting your proof of your claims.

Do you even know what you typed because it didn't even make sense when I reworded it?
It made sense to me. Try to turn in a paper with the argument "reliability is subjective" and cite unreliable sources and see how your grade turns out. I'm still waiting for his proof of the so-called "facts" that he claimed. It shouldn't be hard because reality isn't subjective.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Nintendo as a whole has seemingly been listening to their fans a lot lately, lets see if this translates over to smash.

With that "Strife" picture still on the loose and not "de-confirmed" as legitmate. Let's hope for the best and that picture really shows a "Hey, this is smash bros, we're hardcore. Don't **** with me MvC3 fans.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
I'm pretty sure I did something like that when we were going over Thoreau in American Lit last year. I made a 97%

Do you have proof of your claims hemight?

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
- There's a lot of implied differences between the 3DS and WiiU versions. The issue of limitations (or lack thereof) come up ("I could make 50 characters, or double the stages, or make everything prettier (graphically), but with the WiiU I don't have to choose just one of those options"), while he runs into that problem with the 3DS, "maybe something fun like the original smash bros." adding something about a handicap.

With this here it shows that the 3DS version will be stripped down compared to the Wii U version. If Sakurai decides for characters to be one of the few things not to be compromised, we could end up having a roster That only goes to 40-44 for both versions.

I can only imagine how much more vicious the character speculation will get when there are only eight slots for newcomers to get in....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom