• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
ok lets just say theres at least 50 characters in this new smash, every character should have their own home stage. like kirby has dream land remake, mario has the mushroomy kingdom, link has termnia bay, and pikachu has saffron city remake. each character deserves a home stage, whether they are remakes from the preceding smash bros series or they are completely new. so many possibilities.
I hope you mean respective game and not individual character. That'd be kind of a pain in the *** to sift through all those stages, unless the SSS is customizable =D

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I also have a new boss idea:

Giga Charizard - brings back some of what we loved about Giga Bowser as an NPC from Melee. It would be a darker, more powerful version of Charizard.
Awesome idea, charizard having a bigger, badder, darker version of him would definetly work.

Paper Mario is a cool character, but the Mario series simply does not need another character aside from these:

Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Yoshi

seperate series related:

Donkey Kong/Diddy Kong
Wario

I love paper Mario as a character, but it would be so much better to include some more unique such as Toad or Wart instead.

Rosalina and Daisy are to close looking to Peach, and Waluigi is an exclusive spin-off with no significant role in a major series.

:phone:

reserk

Smash Cadet
At LEAST 50? That's a little generous, doncha think? xD
dont want to go over that, unless DLC become available.

I hope you mean respective game and not individual character. That'd be kind of a pain in the *** to sift through all those stages, unless the SSS is customizable =D
um actually individual characters. would be a pain in the butt but still would be really diverse.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Don't forget the possibility of DLC...could raise that number even higher...
Well, fine. Assuming DLC happens and gives us more characters over an extended period of time. Then 55, tops. TOPS. I stick to that. And even I think that's stretching it. (Between both versions.)

But anyway. We need to be able to put in out own music, for sure, and each character SHOULD have their own stage like in old All-Star Mode. I miss that. :3 Not all made sense, but it was cool.

Davidreamcatcha

Smash Ace
Have a monster for breakfast today!

MR. KRABS

SHIZUNE AND MISHA
[/CENTER]

ED, EDD AND EDDY

PLANKTON

Benson

Statistics[/center]

Traction - 7
Weight - 7
Ground Movement - 6
Size - 5
Fall Speed - [COLOR=""#062501]6[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE="4"]Aerial Movement - 5

Jumps - 4

Specials[/center]

Neutral Special - One Weakness

Size - 5

THE WIZARD

STATISTICS

Down Special - Piercing Gaze

The Wizard gains a mad look in his eye, as he leers forward and assumes the same pose made in the header pic, red eyes and all. While in this stance, a random camera zone will take up the upper half of the Wizard's screen. The currently viewed camera zone can be through by pressing the input again, and the Wizard can exit this stance by shielding. The Wizard is able to attack while he has a view of a camera zone, and can activate this in the middle of any attack. No lag exists for when you get in/out of this stance.

Side Special - From the Shadows

Neutral Special - Egg Toss

Up Special - Invisible Man

Jab - Forebrooding Wind

The Wizard points in front of himself, as a wind hitbox appears at the spot he points out. This wind hitbox can be angled as the Wizard points, but will always remain the length of a battlefield platform. The Wizard has no limit to how many of these he can place. Surprisingly, the hitbox doesn't have any effect on foes, and lasts for an infinite amount of time. In fact, foes can't even see this hitbox...

By holding the input, the Wizard makes a harsh sweeping motion, causing all of his wind hitboxes to activate! Once activated, all of your wind starts blowing for about 5 seconds. Anyone within 1 Battlefield Platform of the wind is pushed along the path at their normal dashing speed. In fact, they actually dash to the end of the path, jumping to correspond with an aerial path. This motion is lagless, making it an excellent way to catch foes offguard. The wind bares no sound or visual indication as it is blowing.

The fact that their allies assume their normal moving poses while being blown about can be quite confusing for their allies, especially if they start leaving that sheltered little defensive nest they have set up. In fact, they may just assume they've been possessed by your side special and attempt to damage their own allies. Of course, you could always -actually possess them- and pretend to be blown about by a wind hitbox, blending in and fooling them all...

While your strategies here might seem limited to mindgames, the Wizard's wind hitboxes have a secondary purpose as well: they can change the course of your egg projectiles, even your big egg.

CTF BOSS MODE

CTF BOSS PLAYSTYLE

PF9

Smash Lord
Awesome idea, charizard having a bigger, badder, darker version of him would definetly work.
Nidoking and Nidoqueen could also work as bosses in the story mode, being fought at the same time of course. They, and especially Nidoking, look like they could kill someone easily.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Why doubt? Guys, Nintendo already does DLC. o_O They just need to do it for Smash in particular. And I'm only worried about the console version.

reserk

Smash Cadet
lets just hope they improvise on it for the wiiu. i mean a next gen system. its about time nintendo started getting its act together.

Gamingboy

Smash Lord
Wait, what DLC is there for actual games, again? I mean, there is the DLC of Virtual Console, DSWARE and the trailers, but has Nintendo ever done DLCs for actual games like we're talking about?

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
lets just hope they improvise on it for the wiiu. i mean a next gen system. its about time nintendo started getting its act together.
I wouldnt want too many DLC characters... maybe 2 or 3. It'd feel like you have to have those characters in order for it to be complete if it were like 10 characters. I personally wish for alternate costume DLC 8D

majora_787

Smash Hero
Wait, what DLC is there for actual games, again? I mean, there is the DLC of Virtual Console, DSWARE and the trailers, but has Nintendo ever done DLCs for actual games like we're talking about?
For a full game, Nintendo has supported DLC on their 3DS. They themselves did not provide the DLC.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Rougeport/The Thousand Year Door's altar, Toad Town, Flipside, and Count Bleck's Castle come to mind.

Rychu

Thane of Smashville
3DS FC
1908-0105-4965
Either the stage from the first two or an early level from the third

OmegaXXII

Alternate costume DLC would be quite boss indeed. :]
Indeed it would, this along with the option to have customized music options would certaintly would make smash 4 awesome.

Megaman's or Ryu definetly have to have their own stage, I can imagine one for Ryu, but what about Megaman?

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Indeed it would, this along with the option to have customized music options would certaintly would make smash 4 awesome.

Megaman's or Ryu definetly have to have their own stage, I can imagine one for Ryu, but what about Megaman?

Wily Tower, Dr. Lights Lab, Robot Master Museum.

reserk

Smash Cadet
if we're talking that each character has its own stage, then what would paper Mario's stage be
the stage that paper mario enters everytime he fights someone in the paper mario series. the audience would throw helpful items at players or random hazards will fall from the top of the stage. it would be really funny really.

OmegaXXII

Wily Tower, Dr. Lights Lab, Robot Master Museum.
Yea a Dr. Wily hazard would make things a bit interesting, kinda like Shadow Mosese did.

As for a Paper Mario stage, an "audience" based stage would definetly make it unique it it's own way, falling hazards, audience interaction are some nice ideas.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
I want DLC for stage builder items. If they improve on that couldn't you imagine the possibilities of levels you could make.

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer

Maybe a side scroller like the Super Mario bros level. That'd be quite interesting

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Why doubt? Guys, Nintendo already does DLC. o_O They just need to do it for Smash in particular. And I'm only worried about the console version.
The Wii U has "flash memory" that can be expanded via SD cards and flash drives. Know what that is marketing speak for? "The harddrive is tiny again but w/e".

This tells us that Nintendo's online plan is still complete crap (surprise surprise!) because how much DLC can you grab before the tiny HDD fills up? In a game that has entire 3D sprites at high resolution with a hundred+ voice files, how big do you think the download will be? Note that no other fighter (that I can recall) has had entire characters downloaded off the internet as there is always some base form that they leave on the disc so all they have to do is release a patch to "finish" the character. If Smash uses that strategy-which is the only chance of SSB4 having DLC-then it would be limited to DLC for characters that are already on the disc, meaning that there would be a finite number of characters added to the game.

Smash would easily make millions more for Nintendo if they had a decent DLC system like the PSN or XBLA. Unfortunately, Nintendo has no idea that we're in the year 2011, and they think that being "unique" is an excuse to not include aspects of console gaming that have become industry staples.

D

Deleted member

Before I go to sleep, what do you guys think of this roster? It's not a prediction, but rather an idea of how a roster should be. It's influenced by the idea of having good exclusive characters on both sides in which you can transfer 3DS characters to the Wii-U.

I'll catch up tomorrow or Wednesday.

Segastorm

Smash Apprentice
Before I go to sleep, what do you guys think of this roster? It's not a prediction, but rather an idea of how a roster should be. It's influenced by the idea of having good exclusive characters on both sides in which you can transfer 3DS characters to the Wii-U.

I don't like how Lucas isn't in the Wii-u list

reserk

Smash Cadet
thats it, im gonna give my roster soon. seriously, i dont like seeing toad or bowser jr. on there. paper mario deserves it more.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
The Wii U has "flash memory" that can be expanded via SD cards and flash drives. Know what that is marketing speak for? "The harddrive is tiny again but w/e".

This tells us that Nintendo's online plan is still complete crap (surprise surprise!) because how much DLC can you grab before the tiny HDD fills up? In a game that has entire 3D sprites at high resolution with a hundred+ voice files, how big do you think the download will be? Note that no other fighter (that I can recall) has had entire characters downloaded off the internet as there is always some base form that they leave on the disc so all they have to do is release a patch to "finish" the character. If Smash uses that strategy-which is the only chance of SSB4 having DLC-then it would be limited to DLC for characters that are already on the disc, meaning that there would be a finite number of characters added to the game.

Smash would easily make millions more for Nintendo if they had a decent DLC system like the PSN or XBLA. Unfortunately, Nintendo has no idea that we're in the year 2011, and they think that being "unique" is an excuse to not include aspects of console gaming that have become industry staples.
I don't get it. If it has an SD it should be fine and dandy right?

OmegaXXII

I like the roster, except instead of Falco why not include Wolf instead, he's an antagonist and has a possibility too be much more diverse than Falco could ever be.

Like it's been stated, Falco's impression is that he trained in the same academy as Fox, therefore play similar, Wolf on the other hand is different and has the potential to be unique in his own way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom