• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
- There's a lot of implied differences between the 3DS and WiiU versions. The issue of limitations (or lack thereof) come up ("I could make 50 characters, or double the stages, or make everything prettier (graphically), but with the WiiU I don't have to choose just one of those options"), while he runs into that problem with the 3DS, "maybe something fun like the original smash bros." adding something about a handicap.

With this here it shows that the 3DS version will be stripped down compared to the Wii U version. If Sakurai decides for characters to be one of the few things not to be compromised, we could end up having a roster That only goes to 40-44 for both versions.

I can only imagine how much more vicious the character speculation will get when there are only eight slots for newcomers to get in....
What are you getting at chrono?

As far as I can tell this quote just proves that SSbWiiU will very different from SSB3DS.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Totally this. I (Limelight788 on that site) was influenced enough to where I plan on doing the exactly same thing for revising my roster. I want to see at least 44 characters in, I would love a 50+ character roster, and I certainly DO NOT want only 40 characters for the next Smash.
I totally agree with the 50+ character thing being awesome, but you have to ask yourself, will the game be balanced enough with a character roster over 50 characters?

The idea sounds good, but I honestly have doubts whether Sora will be able to pull this properly enough, if you ask me Id rather have 43,44 at most including transformations, if would definetly ease the chances ofhaving
clone/luigified/broken characters.

:phone:

Rosalina suporter

Smash Ace
Who think's Luigi’s Mansion level will be in ssmb4?

I'd like to see it come back my self!

I was all so looking at the dojo page and i was looking at all the new comer's, and there's 11 new comer's for brawl,13 vet's,and 12 secret player's you had to unlock.

Know i was thinking this just hit me lol..how many vets do you all think will make a come back in ssmb4?

How many new comer's could there be?

How many secret unlockable character's could there be?

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
I'm actually somewhat excited for a portable Smash just because of the uniqueness of finally have Smash available to me on the go.

But then that means I'm really hoping for a full-on explosion of awesomeness from SSBU. And after playing Melee again for a bit, MEWTWO MUST RETURN!

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Beginning 12 is basically set in stone, even though some people want Jigglypuff gone. Even if Jigglypuff did leave I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.

hmm I've never actually though of a roster myself but I'm thinking about 15 newcomers.

Luigi's Mansion is in Brawl so I believe an updated version will come.

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
Beginning 12 is basically set in stone, even though some people want Jigglypuff gone. Even if Jigglypuff did leave I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.

hmm I've never actually though of a roster myself but I'm thinking about 15 newcomers.

Luigi's Mansion is in Brawl so I believe an updated version will come.
I agree about Jigglypuff, but I don't feel she should leave, and I don't think she will. I'm feeling 10-15 newcomers myself, totaling to a 40-45 character roster.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I think there just might be less multi-player modes on the 3DS such as CO-op All Start/Multi-man/etc. Stadium modes.
Those are SINGLE-player modes. Not multiplayer. Sakurai said that the 3DS version would be more individual orientated.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Basically don't expect some comprehensive online system with the 3DS installment, expect more of a Subspace Emissary type experience.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Those are SINGLE-player modes. Not multiplayer. Sakurai said that the 3DS version would be more individual orientated.
Yeah I know that LOL. In Brawl they have Co-op ability though. So thanks for agreeing with me. I said basically the co-op part will be cut in SSB3DS :awesome:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Basically don't expect some comprehensive online system with the 3DS installment, expect more of a Subspace Emissary type experience.
I'm not so much worried about the modes with this 3DS Smash. I'm more interested in how the character line-up is going to go. Is there any info about whether or not we will see roster size differences? If WiiUSmash is aimed towards balancing the roster, then I could see reason for a Small line-up. But if it can somehow play more competitive, with a larger line-up then I see no reason to keep the Rosters the same size.

reserk

Smash Cadet
I'm not so much worried about the modes with this 3DS Smash. I'm more interested in how the character line-up is going to go. Is there any info about whether or not we will see roster size differences? If WiiUSmash is aimed towards balancing the roster, then I could see reason for a Small line-up. But if it can somehow play more competitive, with a larger line-up then I see no reason to keep the Rosters the same size.
unless nintendo decides to do DLCs and online patches to balance the game. it may take a while, but it should work out in the long run.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Yeah Nintendo would work wonders and win others over with DLC
MAYBE the DLC could be something you get for the 3DS version, and possibly DLC stuff that you can send to the Wii U version? Unless, you know, the Wii U can do DLC.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Good point. Hopefully Wii U is compatible with DLC. It's supposed to be next gen right?

IF NOT, I can see Nintendo with :troll: faces on, basically making people buy 3DSs and SBB3DS just to use DLC.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Good point. Hopefully Wii U is compatible with DLC. It's supposed to be next gen right?
Yeah. I don't see why not. It'd probably need an SD card like the 3DS, but that's okay...

ACTUALLY. I just thought of this, a little off topic-- Is it possible to copy DLC from SD card to SD card via a computer? I'm curious.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Idk that's something I'd have to look into.

Since I keep hearing about more than 4 player matches from different post on here, what does everyone think about how many players can play at once?

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Thanks guys, I am glad you guys liked the idea of a Sky Skipper stage with the biplanes... that would be a good WTF stage... kinda like how Hanenbow (the Electroplankton stage) was in Brawl. :p
It would definetly play like PokeFloats in a way, jumping back and forth, all while avoiding falling of screen.

:phone:

D

Deleted member

Idk that's something I'd have to look into.

Since I keep hearing about more than 4 player matches from different post on here, what does everyone think about how many players can play at once?
Four is certain, but I'm really hoping that it's five this time and that we can do more when connecting it to the 3DS.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Melee was supposed to have 6 players but the Gamecube ended up having only 4 controller slots, and then they stuck with that trend in Brawl and the wii.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Have you guys thought that maybe there won't be DLC... at least not the way you think?

Maybe the 3DS exclusive characters are the DLC for the Wii U version... and the Wii U exclusive characters are the DLC for the 3DS version?

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
Have you guys thought that maybe there won't be DLC... at least not the way you think?

Maybe the 3DS exclusive characters are the DLC for the Wii U version... and the Wii U exclusive characters are the DLC for the 3DS version?
Thats what I expect, either that or simple alternate costumes downloadable. Definitely balance patches though.

majora_787

Smash Hero

Well, I figured there'd be DLC for the 3DS, and that content being on the 3DS would act as DLC for your WIIU version. Either or.

But I do believe having both versions will let you download version exclusives from the other version. SORT OF like Pokemon; if I have Black version AND White version, I can have version exclusives on either game if I feel like it, simply because I connected the two together.

EDIT: Maybe 3DS will have 6 players? :3 That'd be interesting.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Rosalina. Even at E3 they said expect the Wii U by march of next year, why are you so surprised by that article?

Also I will be buying it when it comes out, I already have the money for it saved.

Majora: I think the Wii U would have more players before the 3DS basing off of what Sakurai intentions, also they already have a 5 player Wii U game, Chase Mii, so I think the Wii U is more likely.

reserk

Smash Cadet

IF NOT, I can see Nintendo with :troll: faces on, basically making people buy 3DSs and SBB3DS just to use DLC.
if they dont then they already messed up with this new system. the current concoles of sony and microsoft can do DLCs and looks wheres its gotten. if nintendo wants to step up to the plate, they need to work on their online and allow voice chat. its the norm of video games nowadays.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
if they dont then they already messed up with this new system. the current concoles of sony and microsoft can do DLCs and looks wheres its gotten. if nintendo want s to step up to the plate, they need to work on their online and allow voice chat. its the norm of video games nowadays.
This is soo true.

You can't be next gen if you fail where the last gen excelled or at least keep up with them.

Rosalina suporter

Smash Ace
Rosalina. Even at E3 they said expect the Wii U by march of next year, why are you so surprised by that article?

Also I will be buying it when it comes out, I already have the money for it saved.
I'm in shock just a little cose lol it's going by so fast i did wach E3 but now there talking about how soon it will be done.Next they will start talking about smash bros and giveing us up dat's evey day or week and month.

I all ready have the money i plan to pre-order fom game stop as soon as they have pre-order's

reserk

Smash Cadet
Well, I figured there'd be DLC for the 3DS, and that content being on the 3DS would act as DLC for your WIIU version. Either or.

But I do believe having both versions will let you download version exclusives from the other version. SORT OF like Pokemon; if I have Black version AND White version, I can have version exclusives on either game if I feel like it, simply because I connected the two together.

EDIT: Maybe 3DS will have 6 players? :3 That'd be interesting.

Majora: I think the Wii U would have more players before the 3DS basing off of what Sakurai intentions, also they already have a 5 player Wii U game, Chase Mii, so I think the Wii U is more likely.
6 players? lol, i would so want to see that. just like pokemon have triple battles now, it would be very amusing to see 3 on 3 battles in this smash. :laugh:

majora_787

Smash Hero
Well, of course we aren't getting SSB4 as a launch title. They're not entering development until October or so. They'd have worked on the game for five months, TOPS.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
I'll be the first to advocate 3v3s in tournies, or if we get the 8 player thing I see some people speculate about, I'll also advocate 4v4s.

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
I was just thinking, there will probably be characters exclusive to the 3DS version who are mostly known for appearing in DS/3DS games, and characters exclusive to the Wii U version who are mostly known for appearing in Wii/Wii U games. For example, the 3DS version could have characters like Starfy, while the Wii U version would have characters like Travis Touchdown.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom