• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Airship stage should be a sort of retro one, taking design elements from Super Mario Bros 3. Could be Kingdom III. :V

Galaxy's stage on the other hand should be Spaceship Mario, while NSMBWii should be Bowser's Castle.

mariorocks64

Smash Journeyman
I;m part of the fan wave too. Your going to be in a world of hurt for neglecting toad.

But for Adventure mode, what would be a better storyline if the game was to have one in adventure mode?

Starship Mario? I was thinking about Comet Observatory
I;m part of the fan wave too. Your going to be in a world of hurt for neglecting toad.

But for Adventure mode, what would be a better storyline if the game was to have one in adventure mode?
He'll just do the same thing he did to the Ridley supporters -_-

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Okaaaayy.... So there's one Ridley non-supporter. What's the big deal? No need to stop talking about the game to focus on him. :p

(We need a ssb4 forum... now).

Toad is generic and lacks personality. However, I do see now Ridley's personality but I don't think Ridley is suiting for Smash.
Toad's generic?

There's nothing generic about him. No one thought of a mushroom man. If it's cause of the colors, tell that to Yoshi.

He lacks personality? What are you talking about? Play the games then you'll find out he's full of emotions and traits. He can be happy, sad, scared or what so ever. It's not interesting (If that's your opinion) but you have to accept he has a personality.

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
Toad's generic?

There's nothing generic about him. No one thought of a mushroom man. If it's cause of the colors, tell that to Yoshi.

He lacks personality? What are you talking about? Play the games then you'll find out he's full of emotions and traits. He can be happy, sad, scared or what so ever. It's not interesting (If that's your opinion) but you have to accept he has a personality.
He doesn't even have more than 2 games in which he's playable. He makes countless cameo's yes, but that's all he'll ever be in Smash. A cameo. Also he sounds like a chicken :B

Moving on... Stage speculations please.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
And Ridley is just a mute character. His personality is that he is cruel and vindictive. His moves would display this. I honestly don't see what your problem is.
Each character has a personality. It's just hard to figure it out for some.

Ridley is obviously a ruthless and sadistic space monster who shows no regards to who he murders.

Bowser also doesn't show much remorse when he tries to conquer the Mushroom Kingdom, though unlike Ridley, he does have a rarely known soft spot, especially with Bowser Jr..

Ganondorf is obviously the number one villain when it comes to being ruthless, sadistic, and a manipulator, as he'll go so far as to murder his own followers, just to get what he desires. When it comes to being cruel, Ganondorf puts most other villains to shame.

Uhh... Wario Woods, Super Mario Bros. 2. Enough?

Never mind don't reply. I'd rather not stick with the topic.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I'd rather hold off for now. If GameFAQs is any indication, it will be crazy to mod. Plus I like the community atmosphere here.
Add the fact that we don't have enough information about the game to create a new board. I know that discussions can get cramped like this, but it's better than having a bunch of Smash 4 threads in a board that they don't belong in.

That's what I'm saying. He's only been playable in like, 2 games. The rest are cameos. Mario Party doesnt count D8<
Uhh... You know what, lets get away from this topic and talk about stages.

This wouldn't go anywhere since you believe in your opinions no matter how much sense we make.

D

Deleted member

That's what I'm saying. He's only been playable in like, 2 games. The rest are cameos. Mario Party doesnt count D8<
Just for your info, he did appear as a playable character in New Super Mario Bros. Wii. I'm neutral on the subject of Toad, but just FYI.

mariorocks64

Smash Journeyman
support toad!

Toad is generic and lacks personality.
If a generic species stops people from getting into smash, expect these cuts

Yoshi
all pokemon (and you can forget Zoroark)
R.O.B
Kirby

Sooner or later, Link is going to become a generic species! Think about it!

OOT Link
Young Link
WW Link
SS Link
Goron Link
Red Link
Blue Link
Peurple Link
Dark Link
FD Link
Zora Link
That migdet link from Majora's mask that lppks like a leaf
wolf Link

We can't count Mario's transformations since he's usually the same character (Except for paper mario, baby mario, and mini-mario)
The link argument won't work though. but I found the list interestingly long.

No personality? Your a blind man. Toad shows off his personality in recent games: the scared fellow who is lazy and not so good at defense.

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
Each character has a personality. It's just hard to figure it out for some.

Ridley is obviously a ruthless and sadistic space monster who shows no regards to who he murders.

Bowser also doesn't show much remorse when he tries to conquer the Mushroom Kingdom, though unlike Ridley, he does have a rarely known soft spot, especially with Bowser Jr..

Ganondorf is obviously the number one villain when it comes to being ruthless, sadistic, and a manipulator, as he'll go so far as to murder his own followers, just to get what he desires. When it comes to being cruel, Ganondorf puts most other villains to shame.
Well I think Ridley thinks about it...but then just does it anyway. Like when Samus tried to befriend him on K-2L and Ridley was like "lol imma murder you instead" but then her mom took the fall and now they hate each other ^_^

Just gonna say this about Ridley, but it doesn't have to be the Ridley from the Metroid games (like the primary Ridley that Samus fights in all the games besides Fusion and Other M and Super Metroid [depending on who you talk to, though it could be the same Ridley from Metroid and the Prime games]). Considering we now know Ridley has been cloned and seems to be its own species rather than just an anomaly, it could be a Ridley that's just another specimen from the species and, to work with size issues, it could be a younger Ridley that hasn't fully matured yet.

And to go to stage discussion, just thinking of some stages that would be cool to show up or be put back in from previous games:

-Termina (Melee)
-Saffron City (SSB64)
-Corneria (SSB64...I always liked it being bigger, never really liked the Melee one)
-Peach's Castle (SSB64, whatever it's called)
-Hyrule Castle (SSB64)

And some new additions...

-Chozo Temple (Metroid Prime)
-Norion (Metroid Prime 3: Corruption)
-Alinos Gateway (Metroid Prime Hunters)
-GFMC Task Force Herakles Crash Zone (Metroid Prime 2: Echoes)
(there's actually a lot of awesome spots from the Prime series that could work as a stage)
-Jolly Roger Bay (Super Mario 64)
-Dire Dire Docks (Super Mario 64)
-Final Boss Battle Area (Yoshi's Island)
-King Kut Out Boss Battle Area (Donkey Kong 64)
-Facility (Goldeneye 007)
-WarioWare x2 (A follow-up stage to the first WarioWare stage)
-Pokemon Stadium 3 (You know there's going to be one)

So many more awesome locales in Nintendo games, almost too many to actually think of.
-

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Just gonna say this about Ridley, but it doesn't have to be the Ridley from the Metroid games (like the primary Ridley that Samus fights in all the games besides Fusion and Other M and Super Metroid [depending on who you talk to, though it could be the same Ridley from Metroid and the Prime games]). Considering we now know Ridley has been cloned and seems to be its own species rather than just an anomaly, it could be a Ridley that's just another specimen from the species and, to work with size issues, it could be a younger Ridley that hasn't fully matured yet.
That's a rather convoluted way of trying to work around the size "issue," when "This is Ridley. We re-sized him like Bowser and Olimar." would work fine, lol.

...I should really get around to doodling out my Mystery of Murasame Castle stage idea. :V

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
That's a rather convoluted way of trying to work around the size "issue," when "This is Ridley. We re-sized him like Bowser and Olimar." would work fine, lol.

...I should really get around to doodling out my Mystery of Murasame Castle stage idea. :V
I know, but I'm saying it's another option. Either works, to be honest.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

I know, but I'm saying it's another option. Either works, to be honest.
The cloning thing does sound interesting. But like Bowser, Ridley too had his size adjusted from time to time, even if his appearances aren't Metroid canon.

mariorocks64

Smash Journeyman
He doesn't even have more than 2 games in which he's playable. He makes countless cameo's yes, but that's all he'll ever be in Smash. A cameo. Also he sounds like a chicken :B
QUOTE]

Super mario bros. 2
Wario's woods
New super mario bros. Wii

Anyway, You don't need to be playable in a game just to be considered. If we went by your logic, think about these cuts

Peach
Bowser
Zelda/Shiek
Ganondorf
King Dedede
Metaknight
Wolf

If you call any of these close to playable, then your supporting toad.

Yes, Toad can act like a chicken, but I would too if I was being cooked in KFC. Look up PETA to see what I mean.

Jaklub

Smash Journeyman
Peach had her own entire game (Super Princess Peach).

Zelda too, but Nintendo wouldn't like to remember that.

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
QUOTE]

Super mario bros. 2
Wario's woods
New super mario bros. Wii

Anyway, You don't need to be playable in a game just to be considered. If we went by your logic, think about these cuts

Peach
Bowser
Zelda/Shiek
Ganondorf
King Dedede
Metaknight
Wolf

If you call any of these close to playable, then your supporting toad.
I'm not sure what your argument is here, but King Dedede, Metaknight, Bowser and Peach are playable characters in non-Smash games:

-Peach (Paper Mario: TTYD, Super Paper Mario, Super Princess Peach)
-Bowser (Paper Mario: TTYD, Super Paper Mario, Bowser's Inside Story)
-King Dedede and Metaknight (Kirby Wii)

Stage ideas:
Comet Observatory
Starship Mario
Airship
Geothermal Power Plant (Base it on Star's idea)
Bowser's castle (New Super Mario Bros. Wii)
Skyloft
A Megaman stage

Retro stages:
Mushroom Kingdom 64
Hyrule Castle
Saffron city
Fountain of Dreams
Termina

mariorocks64

Smash Journeyman
Peach had her own entire game (Super Princess Peach).

Zelda too, but Nintendo wouldn't like to remember that.
Didn't Super princess peach come out after Melee? and besides, Toad was the Protagonist of Wario's woods even though Toad's name wasn't on the title. But thats okay. Link doesn't need his name either.

Didn't Super princess peach come out after Melee? and besides, Toad was the Protagonist of Wario's woods even though Toad's name wasn't on the title. But thats okay. Link doesn't need his name either.
He's offline.

No need to continue the Toad topic.

I wonder how rapture was when he saw Lateralus' sig
I'm not sure what your argument is here, but King Dedede, Metaknight, Bowser and Peach are playable characters in non-Smash games:

-Peach (Paper Mario: TTYD, Super Paper Mario, Super Princess Peach)
-Bowser (Paper Mario: TTYD, Super Paper Mario, Bowser's Inside Story)
-King Dedede and Metaknight (Kirby Wii)
You forgot MK was playable in SSU

Gamingboy

Smash Lord
I think there are approximately 10 different incarnations of Link (if you count the 4Swords Links as one), not counting CD-I, TV and comic books.

The one in SSB64 and SSBM was the Hero of Time, the ones in SSBB were the Hero of Twilight and the Hero of Winds. Looking at the pattern, the one in SSB4 will almost certainly be the SS Link. But it hardly matters, as all the Links in SSB have been essentially amalgamations of all the Links. For example, all of the Links have had some fighting moves only used by the "Hero of Hyrule" in Zelda II: Link's Adventure, the only sidescroller in the series.

mariorocks64

Smash Journeyman
Please no, not a great idea of an addition.
I know it sounds crazy. But think about it. He's a long running pokemon like Charizard. Snrlax could atbest be part of pokemon trainer.

Then comes my idea for a pokeball pokemon to use dig

And I want Pikachu to be able to use electro ball as Neutral B. an uncharged attack would be the thunde4r jolt, but a fullly charged attack would be the electro ball.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I know it sounds crazy. But think about it. He's a long running pokemon like Charizard. Snrlax could atbest be part of pokemon trainer.

Then comes my idea for a pokeball pokemon to use dig

And I want Pikachu to be able to use electro ball as Neutral B. an uncharged attack would be the thunde4r jolt, but a fullly charged attack would be the electro ball.

Just thinking about it makes me laugh, causing earthquake stomps and such....

Snorlax would definetly be a WTF character but c'mon Snorlax definetly has a slim chance and by that I mean really slim.

And if Pikachu had that Neutral B he would be like Meta-Knight, it's just to powerful as a regular move, thunderbolt would be a much more suiting move.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom