• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
Why Thank You.

My avi is a Little Mac contender. It's Mike Tyson.

I just finished my Little Mac Character design. I think it's a little dry in some areas but I like it.

http://www.smashboards.com/news/blogs/165266/4522/little-mac-for-ssb4-character-concept
Is "that design for "Giga Mac" made up or derived from a game?

I cant help but think there's a way to create a final Smash for him that doesn't copy the concept for Giga Bowser.

But I think the concept is good in general. I won't criticize specifics, because obviously the specifics wouldn't be used in the game. But as a general concept, I think it's strong.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
Is "that design for "Giga Mac" made up or derived from a game?

I cant help but think there's a way to create a final Smash for him that doesn't copy the concept for Giga Bowser.

But I think the concept is good in general. I won't criticize specifics, because obviously the specifics wouldn't be used in the game. But as a general concept, I think it's strong.
That's pretty much how he is in Punch Out Wii. Actually his final Smash would be more like Wario's but instead of making him faster it would make him stronger. And I wouldn't mind some work on some areas. His Foreward B especially.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
When you get the chance Hex I have a question to ask about your Kirby hats. No it isn't a request. lol

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I have a chance. =P
Well for starters how did it feel having accurately predicted so many Kirby Hats?

Secondly, I always wondered. Did you create the "hats" from scratch or did you trace them (enlarging artwork) and then shade them?

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
Well for starters how did it feel having accurately predicted so many Kirby Hats?

Secondly, I always wondered. Did you create the "hats" from scratch or did you trace them (enlarging artwork) and then shade them?
Uh... I guess it feels good? =P It isn't hard really, as my work is essentially cut out for me... only some of them require any amount of reinterpretation.

For some, I made everything from scratch (Ike, Pit, Lucas, Sakurai, Skull Kid, etc). For others, I had to take a small image and make a larger version from scratch (Ray MK, Rayman, etc.) (resizing would lead to pixelization or interpolation, which simply isn't acceptable). And for a few, I was able to just grab a hat and stick Kirby's head under it (Wario, for instance, and Meta Knight, who was the joke that lead to the project).

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Ridley has almost no possible moveset. Would he be heavy and strong or heavy and fast or what? Seriously, he's huge, comparable to Giga Bowser. I just don't see it happening.
While I won't have any part in it, but as a warning, you are more than likely about to be flammed.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
How so? Just because he has long hair doesn't mean a thing, if anybody is "gay" it's Tingle, even though I don't think he should be called that way.

:phone:
Actually Tingle isn't gay. In his game he gets a girl name Pinkle. It doesn't make much sense to me either.

[collapse=Pinkle]
[/collapse]

Now Zelda is my absolute favorite series but I really don't see any characters really worth putting into Smash. Tingle has merit as he appeared in many games and had his own spin-off and my only problem with him is....well it's Tingle.

Impa would also work since she has been around since the first Zelda game but she's only Smash material in OOT and she would be pretty much Shiek. They could replace Shiek with some other form and then put in Impa to replace Shiek.

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
Ridley has almost no possible moveset. Would he be heavy and strong or heavy and fast or what? Seriously, he's huge, comparable to Giga Bowser. I just don't see it happening.
Yeah, that's why I'm on the fence about him. In many ways, I see him the same way I see Kraid. He's a gigantic boss.

People often bring up Bowser, but Bowser, canonically, is only slightly larger than Mario, with very few instances of being gigantic. Bowser's official height is what he is in Smash Bros. That, and Bowser regularly interacts at a level equal to that of humans.

Ridley, in all instances, is just plain huge. Yes, they could shrink him, just like they enlarge Olimar, but I'm still wary of Sakurai doing that, simply because of how he has already interpreted him as a boss.

Anyway, if Sakurai wants it, he can make it happen, and I would be on board. I just don't think he wants it. Ridley is a monster. Bowser is a teddy bear.

However, the notion that he would have no moveset is completely invalid. Look at Fox, R.O.B., Falcon, Ice Climbers, etc.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Actually Tingle isn't gay. In his game he gets a girl name Pinkle. It doesn't make much sense to me either.

[collapse=Pinkle]
[/collapse]

Now Zelda is my absolute favorite series but I really don't see any characters really worth putting into Smash. Tingle has merit as he appeared in many games and had his own spin-off and my only problem with him is....well it's Tingle.

Impa would also work since she has been around since the first Zelda game but she's only Smash material in OOT and she would be pretty much Shiek. They could replace Shiek with some other form and then put in Impa to replace Shiek.
Wow, I never knew Tingle was a pimp. lol

My respect for him has gone up but my disgust at him has gone up even more.

No Impa, she should just have a Trophy.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter

[collapse=Pinkle]
[/collapse]

Dang son! O_O

That's quite girl he has there.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Uh... I guess it feels good? =P It isn't hard really, as my work is essentially cut out for me... only some of them require any amount of reinterpretation.

For some, I made everything from scratch (Ike, Pit, Lucas, Sakurai, Skull Kid, etc). For others, I had to take a small image and make a larger version from scratch (Ray MK, Rayman, etc.) (resizing would lead to pixelization or interpolation, which simply isn't acceptable). And for a few, I was able to just grab a hat and stick Kirby's head under it (Wario, for instance, and Meta Knight, who was the joke that lead to the project).
I want to do a Kirby for my group, so I was just curious how you processed some of them. Hmm... Guess I'll have a use for Inkscape after all.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Yeah, that's why I'm on the fence about him. In many ways, I see him the same way I see Kraid. He's a gigantic boss.

People often bring up Bowser, but Bowser, canonically, is only slightly larger than Mario, with very few instances of being gigantic. Bowser's official height is what he is in Smash Bros. That, and Bowser regularly interacts at a level equal to that of humans.

Ridley, in all instances, is just plain huge. Yes, they could shrink him, just like they enlarge Olimar, but I'm still wary of Sakurai doing that, simply because of how he has already interpreted him as a boss.

Anyway, if Sakurai wants it, he can make it happen, and I would be on board. I just don't think he wants it. Ridley is a monster. Bowser is a teddy bear.

However, the notion that he would have no moveset is completely invalid. Look at Fox, R.O.B., Falcon, Ice Climbers, etc.
Yeah but then there's always Olimar, who's meant to be less that like a cm high.

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
and exactly what would his moveset be?
Why ask me? Me making up a moveset (I am fully capable of doing so) would be pointless.

But people simply HAVE to stop saying that a character has no moveset potential. Because every character has moveset potential. Otherwise, Ice Climbers, Fox, Falcon, R.O.B., Zelda, etc would have no moveset.

I think I oughtta write a blog post specifically on movesets... My latest blog post touches on it, but apparently that's not enough for some people.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Making up a moveset isn't entirely pointless, it just gives people an idea of how their playstyle might be, even if it doesn't turn out like that.

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
I didn't say I was in favor of the cloning. In my mind they just seem alike if Ridley were ever to have a moveset.
Why? Because they're both dragons?

Link and Marth are both swordsmen. That doesn't warrant one being a clone of another.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom