• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Eh, I'd rather have it with the Wii Remote. I'm not a fan of twitch-based mini-games. While they are fun for some, they generally don't translate well 100% of the time.

wildvine47

Smash Ace

Updated with more alternate costumes. I need help with the remaining ones, so if anyone has any ideas, let me know.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
You still lack a 3rd Gen in there, Wildvine. Likewise, replace TP Ganondorf with Toon Ganondorf's costume. He was ten times more interesting than TP Ganondorf(who was flat as hell) ever was. And he has yet to get repped.

wildvine47

Smash Ace
You still lack a 3rd Gen in there, Wildvine. Likewise, replace TP Ganondorf with Toon Ganondorf's costume. He was ten times more interesting than TP Ganondorf(who was flat as hell) ever was. And he has yet to get repped.
I explained as to why I'm not including a 3rd gen in there earlier, and the TP Ganondorf is there because he's already been in Smash before. And besides, WW Ganon's robey outfit wouldn't really work as well with his current moveset.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I'm surprised HyperFalcon didn't criticize your lack of all the Fire Emblem lords. I mean, it's only LOGICAL to include them ALL to please EVERYONE.

Or at least ones from each continent or whatever.

That's just the HyperWay.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Marth can have Leaf
Krom can have Ike
Roy can have Eliwood
Lucas can have Claus
Ness can have Ninten
Zelda and Impa can have TP Zelda and OoT Shiek
Isaac can have Matthew
Saki can have Isa Jo
Falcon can have Blood Falcon
Goroh can have Pico/Shadow
Change Prince Fluff to Yarn Kirby?
Solid Snake can have Naked Snake?... or whatever his name is
Also, Leaf over Gary, come now.

wildvine47

Smash Ace
Marth can have Leaf
Krom can have Ike
Roy can have Eliwood
Lucas can have Claus
Ness can have Ninten
Zelda and Impa can have TP Zelda and OoT Shiek
Isaac can have Matthew
Saki can have Isa Jo
Falcon can have Blood Falcon
Goroh can have Pico/Shadow
Change Prince Fluff to Yarn Kirby?
Solid Snake can have Naked Snake?... or whatever his name is
Also, Leaf over Gary, come now.
Ike is separate from Chrome, they're both on the roster, TP Zelda/Sheik is already on there as well, and it's not Gary, it's Blue. I thought about using Female PT, but I decided to really harken back to the old old RBY days with Blue. Pretty much everything else is a good idea though, thanks!

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I explained as to why I'm not including a 3rd gen in there earlier, and the TP Ganondorf is there because he's already been in Smash before. And besides, WW Ganon's robey outfit wouldn't really work as well with his current moveset.
If you mean the crappy cloned moveset, that should be changed first. Defending TP Ganondorf for being a clone... come on, man, that's a bad reason.

You repped every other series more than enough. You have three 4th Gen, two 2nd Gen, 1 5th Gen, and seven 1st Gen. You have more than enough room to spare. Atleast make Mewtwo's other costume Deoxys or something. 6 slots, and almost all of them are dedicated to the 1st Gen. That's just not acceptable, man. You didn't even give a good reason, not if you're going to do tons of costumes. You have almost 12 playable Pokemon. Or 14 if you include both Trainers. You have more than enough room. You also have 6 areas that you could try. Also, Gary, no. Replace with Leaf. She's atleast female, something we need more of as is.

Dan_X

Smash Lord
Omg wall of text inc.!

You know, as much as I'd like to be excited about a Smash 4, I simply have no hope for it. I honestly wish they would never make another smash game again. It's not that I don't welcome new content such as characters, and maps, it's just, I don't like the mantra Nintendo (and Sakurai) has taken over the past couple of years. They cater only to the casual audience these days, and Brawl is a perfect example of that. Just to spit in the face the Smash's biggest die hard fans (us), Sakurai included (or allowed the inclusion of) random tripping among other things in Brawl. Random tripping in a fighting game is a mechanic so asinine I can't even believe it exists.

To that end, I think it's utterly ridiculous that the devs waste precious time making "every aspect of the game, even the menues, a [game]." I mean, the extra junk that they included in Brawl is absolutely laughable. Why would we want a coin launching mini game when we could have.. more characters and levels? Speaking of levels, yeah Brawl had some nice ones, but why so many levels with unbelievable spam and otherwise "party-game" mechanics? Look at the level of hacking that has gone into many of Brawl's mods just to make more of the maps playable, or enjoyable? Stickers? Did anyone ACTUALLY use them? None of the collectible junk actually matters. Heck, we don't need a robust single player experience, that is, they shouldn't be spilling money into a portion of the game that few actually care about. The majority of their money and efforts should surround multiplayer aspects of the game, whether that's buying the rights to more 3rd party characters, or balancing the game better. Heck, why can't they communicate with the competitive community and have us personally play test it, and help balance it, like other games do? This may happen to an extent in street fighter, but I KNOW it happens with various RTS games, and MMOs, especially Red Alert 3, The Old Republic, etc.

Much of what they added to Brawl felt rushed, and there's really no reason for it. Want to save replays? Sure. But you had best beat your opponent in UNDER 3 MINUTES-- that might not have been a problem if the game wasn't so darned floaty, defensive, and slow. Oh wait, so you like to make levels? Oops, sorry, the map making options are so painfully limited, even the most basic of maps can't be made for even tournament use. Hey, what about online play? Two words: friend codes. I mean, come on? Beyond the friend codes, the button delay for online play is unbelievable. This delay is not present in other games on other consoles (even other fighting games). In the new Soul Caliber, for example, the models are far more detailed, the game is far more technically demanding, and the gameplay is just as responsive online as it would be against a friend sitting next to you. Yet here we have smash brawl, a far less demanding game and we have button lag? These are three MAJOR additions to Smash, additions that should have made Brawl an iconic entry in the series, all of which failed miserably.

I trust our own community with the future of Smash far more than I do the actual devs, because honestly... we know more about smash then they do. Perhaps that sounds ridiculous, but it's honestly true. Look at the guys behind Project Melee, many of them are far more in-tuned with what makes a good fighting game, down to the gritty details of hit boxes, hurt boxes, frame advantage, cancels, lag reduction, character gravity, momentum, frame data, etc. We know how characters are used in a competitive setting, a setting Nintendo and Sakurai often choose to snub, so why would anyone ever expect anything great after what they last gave us: Brawl.

I just can't wait for the day when Project Melee is done- thank God with have some of the most talented/active hackers of any gaming community.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Actually, single player was fine, it was the SSE that made everything else suffer. 70% of the time was done towards it.

Which meant a very linear Classic, linear All-Star, less characters, less possible stages(let's be honest, the gimmicks were meh), a very crappy Stage Builder, by far the worst installment of Target Tests, and the lack of any decent mini-games as is. Coin Launcher was okay, but it wasn't that great. The multiplayer wasn't bad, but I would've their to be actual balance in the game, of which it severely lacked. Likewise, less repeated music(why did we need more than 20 remixes of the main theme? Just give like 3. Battlefield, Adventure Mode, Final Destination. Or atleast put music from other series in)

And that's not counting horrible nerfs on some characters, repeats of stickers that are actually worse, unneeded Trophies, and let's be honest, did we REALLY need the same song, but with different lyrics? The masterpieces were jank as well. Very little was put into the gameplay, the key crux of the game. It had tons of content, but not enough of the quality to go with it.

Dan_X

Smash Lord
Actually, single player was fine, it was the SSE that made everything else suffer. 70% of the time was done towards it.

Which meant a very linear Classic, linear All-Star, less characters, less possible stages(let's be honest, the gimmicks were meh), a very crappy Stage Builder, by far the worst installment of Target Tests, and the lack of any decent mini-games as is. Coin Launcher was okay, but it wasn't that great. The multiplayer wasn't bad, but I would've their to be actual balance in the game, of which it severely lacked. Likewise, less repeated music(why did we need more than 20 remixes of the main theme? Just give like 3. Battlefield, Adventure Mode, Final Destination. Or atleast put music from other series in)

And that's not counting horrible nerfs on some characters, repeats of stickers that are actually worse, unneeded Trophies, and let's be honest, did we REALLY need the same song, but with different lyrics? The masterpieces were jank as well. Very little was put into the gameplay, the key crux of the game. It had tons of content, but not enough of the quality to go with it.
Yup, I concur.

Thankfully the hacking scene DID rectify many of these short comings: balance, levels, replays, even textures and music-- we're pretty lucky for those breakthroughs tbh.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Yup, I concur.

Thankfully the hacking scene DID rectify many of these short comings: balance, levels, replays, even textures and music-- we're pretty lucky for those breakthroughs tbh.
Sadly, thanks to the Nintendo EULA, we can't do much competitive-wise without having it shut down. It's actually illegal due to their wording, or it's very questionable in the legal department.

I love the job they did though. I really need to finish setting up some hacks. :grin:

wildvine47

Smash Ace
You repped every other series more than enough. You have three 4th Gen, two 2nd Gen, 1 5th Gen, and seven 1st Gen. You have more than enough room to spare. Atleast make Mewtwo's other costume Deoxys or something. 6 slots, and almost all of them are dedicated to the 1st Gen. That's just not acceptable, man. You didn't even give a good reason, not if you're going to do tons of costumes. You have almost 12 playable Pokemon. Or 14 if you include both Trainers. You have more than enough room. You also have 6 areas that you could try. Also, Gary, no. Replace with Leaf. She's atleast female, something we need more of as is.
I've said this before, I love Deoxys. Favorite Pokemon. But none of the Pokemon present outside of MAYBE Mewtwo could he work on. And Mewtwo already has a much much better and more appropriate alt costume.

Secondly, there's only 6 Pokemon reps here, 8 if you want to count PT's Pokemon as separate, not 12. They're just alternate COSTUMES, not characters. Jigglypuff plays the exact same way as Igglybuff, no changes. Same with Pikachu/Pichu, and all the other alt costumes.

Thirdly, like I said, BLUE (Not Gary for the second time) is the alt costume in order to harken back to the original RBY and to FRLG, where he was your rival the whole time. I know that in FRLG, Leaf was playable, but she hasn't had anywhere near the amount of popularity, nor series importance to be the alt over Blue. Red and Blue both have appeared in multiple games, while Leaf has only had the one.

And as to more females, my roster has 4 all new female characters, plus a bunch of female alternate costumes. Having one less female won't hurt it in the slightest.

I'm not purposefully trying to exclude Deoxys or Leaf, but I'm just going with what is more fitting and/or likely.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I've said this before, I love Deoxys. Favorite Pokemon. But none of the Pokemon present outside of MAYBE Mewtwo could he work on. And Mewtwo already has a much much better and more appropriate alt costume.
You have Darkrai as playable over Zoruark. If that's the case, he should be Zorua then. Mewtwo doesn't need his extra costume. In fact, everybody else had a completely different character to play as. And yes, those are characters. You're either play as Riolu or Lucario. Every alt costume is their own character, except clearly Mewtwo... No Double Standards here. Either that should be Mew, or it should be Deoxys.

Secondly, there's only 6 Pokemon reps here, 8 if you want to count PT's Pokemon as separate, not 12. They're just alternate COSTUMES, not characters. Jigglypuff plays the exact same way as Igglybuff, no changes. Same with Pikachu/Pichu, and all the other alt costumes.
Those are characters. Mario and Dr. Mario are characters. You are repping characters with those alternate costumes. Next you're going to tell me because someone shares a slot, there's only one character there. It doesn't work that way. Your'e applying a Double Standard here. Mr. L is does not even naturally fight the same way as Luigi. Obviously they would here, but yeah.

Thirdly, like I said, BLUE (Not Gary for the second time) is the alt costume in order to harken back to the original RBY and to FRLG, where he was your rival the whole time. I know that in FRLG, Leaf was playable, but she hasn't had anywhere near the amount of popularity, nor series importance to be the alt over Blue. Red and Blue both have appeared in multiple games, while Leaf has only had the one.
Nobody gives a crap about that. Blue was not that popular over Red, and Leaf is more interesting and another good female rep. You can't even play as Blue in FR/LG, only Leaf. There's a reason for that. Let's note that Blue isn't just a carbon copy of Red in the opposing game. It wasn't till G/S/C that they were unique. Leaf's just a plain out better choice.

And as to more females, my roster has 4 all new female characters, plus a bunch of female alternate costumes. Having one less female won't hurt it in the slightest.
No, it actually does a lot. There's still way too many males over females. If there's a legit chance to add a female, it should be done.

I'm not purposefully trying to exclude Deoxys or Leaf, but I'm just going with what is more fitting and/or likely.
Blue is not more fitting than Leaf at all. First, the alt costumes are not likely whatsoever. Second, 6 Pokemon slots are not even that likely. Third, what's only likely is 4 slots, with Pikachu, Jigglypuff, New 1st Gen(Meowth, let's say), and New 5th Gen(many choices appear). If there's enough space, then, and only then, would we get back any returners. Every game has exactly two New Pokemon. That's not really going to change.

Likewise, if you don't believe the Alt Costumes represent the characters, then you're only adding 1 new Pokemon, which is a series full of over 600 options. It can definitely have more than ONE new guy. Your statements do not add up. You cannot say it's likely without adding atleast two new Pokemon unless you count all the Alt Costumes as new characters. But then you have well over 6 1st Gens, and completely lack only one Generation that should be repped if you're going overboard on this. If you use likely, your roster is not realistic. If you don't use likely, then I could get that.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Ike is separate from Chrome, they're both on the roster, TP Zelda/Sheik is already on there as well, and it's not Gary, it's Blue. I thought about using Female PT, but I decided to really harken back to the old old RBY days with Blue. Pretty much everything else is a good idea though, thanks!
I thought that you had Hector on there, not Ike. But, Female PT is actually playable, so I would reconsider Leaf again. Blue is NPC. Plus, ladies are nice.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
So, if the rumors are true, Street Fighter x Tekken is gonna have "pay to unlock" DLC...

I really hope Smash 4 doesn't follow that model if it gets DLC

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Isn't it kind of IRONIC that the SSE was developed with competitive players in mind? Y'know, the lonely types who might get more out of a single-player oriented game since they don't have a lot of friends? Really unfortunate that they were so displeased by it.

I do wonder if Sakurai will actually DIVIDE UP the experience? We kind of know he wants the 3DS version to be more single-player oriented (just by the nature of handhelds), and the Wii U to be more multi-player oriented. Maybe the Wii U version will forgo a story mode altogether.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Out of the selection of "surprise" series below select one you would enjoy the most.

Chibi-Robo
For the Frogs The Bells Toll
Muddy Mole
Magical Starsign
Tomato Adventure
Startropics
These two. Just, these two. (-UU-)

Also, if Impa gets comfirmed, I'll just... feel like slapping Diddy for creating so much trouble for us, but then give him a huge bro-hug for struggling the times and believing against the odds (even if... too much)

And if Sheik's gone, I won't mind, actually. (Toon Sheik is dead~)

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Some alt. costume ideas:

Mewtwo: Mecha-Mewtwo Armor
Lucario= Sir Aaron
Young Link= Original Link
Mario= Dr. Mario
Bowser= Dry Bowser/Dark Bowser

So, on custom characters, someone said disbalance, like MK + Snake, would be possible. Well, what if the moves you learned can't be with certain moves, to avoid possibilities like such? Also, here's a moveset custom from my Manga character, Bryan Retetre (Ree-tee-trai)

(B): Accuracy Blade: (A mix of Captain Falcon's (B) move and Charizard's (B) move)
His hand turns into a blade of light, and then he punches forward. After punching forward, a gust of light flare (White and Orange Fire) comes from the tip. When he hits someone with the jab, they don't knockback, but they get stuck in the light flare. The white flare does some damage, and then knockbacks the opponent. The knockback varies by percentage. This move has a little bit of a long recovery afterwards.

(B)>: Light Flare Dash: (A mix of Zelda's (B)> and Fox's (B)>)
He puts out his hand, and a light flare orb is shot. Control the orb much like you do as Zelda, but it's faster, and has more upwards control. After the Orb is at max distance, or you press (B), Bryan will chase the Light Flare Orb by following the line made by it. Anyone hit will recieve damage like Fox's (B)>, but when Bryan grabs the Light Flare Orb, otherwise known as the sweet spot, the opponent will take more damage, and have more knockback, like Wolf's sweet spot on (B)>.

(B)v: Side-Step Revolver: (A mix of Lucario's (B)v and Bowser's (B)>)
He side-steps, and if anyone attacks him when he doesn, he'll disappear, go right behind the opponent, grab them, then jump up, and then pile-drive them into the ground. This move always pits the opponent.

(B)^: Light Foot Tactic:
He jumps a third time. With the third jump, he falls slower, but when he presses (A), he'll dart straight down. If he hits someone, he'll jump off them, and be able to use (B)^ again. If he doesn't hit anyone, he actionless-falls, like Yoshi and Bowser's (B)v.

Final Smash: Triple Accuracy Slash
If he's near someone, he'll grab them, and then Bryan laughs, and says, "Nuh-Uh!" or "Ha! Gotcha now!". He then throws them upwards, and then Bryan, with both hands covered in Light Flare, or Accuracy Blade-style, he dashes upwards, and slashes through the enemy three times, saying, "Finish" after every slash. On the third slash, he says "Finish" with more enthusiasm, and slashes straight down. The move makes the opponent bounce off the ground and rocket straight upwards. This move is a OHKO. He can only hit one person.

Maybe you can't add vocals to your custom character, but still, I wanna make a moveset like this, and a custom character that looks the way I imagine him to; like in my comic series.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Sheik isn't going to be gone, for the thousandth time
You aren't as convinced as you say :smirk:

Creating a character would be stupid really, the moves of the Smash characters are SIGNATURE (most of the time) to the character, and then just some... person comes in, and can suddenly do every move of all those characters? I really don't wanna see something like that.

If I want to see customization, I want it for the characters we have.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
You aren't as convinced as you say :smirk:

Creating a character would be stupid really, the moves of the Smash characters are SIGNATURE (most of the time) to the character, and then just some... person comes in, and can suddenly do every move of all those characters? I really don't wanna see something like that.

If I want to see customization, I want it for the characters we have.
See, I don't understand that. Does no one here want to play with their own imaginated characters? Ok, so how about moves that only the custom character can learn? None that copy off the others. That, alone, would make an original character to play as.

This is a no-Spongebob terriotory, apparently...

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
You will never imagine anything as great as the characters in Smash Bros.

Especially if Mach Rider gets in.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
You will never imagine anything as great as the characters in Smash Bros.

Especially if Mach Rider gets in.
I'm not saying that. I'm saying that custom characters would make the game more creative. It would also draw in newcoming fans. If you disagree, you're an idiot :laugh:

Oh, I forgot to mention. My Facebook for Victini is up. If anyone want's to join it, click the Facebook Victini button in my signature.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
"LOOK AT MY OC HES LIKE SONIC BUT BLACK AND HE CAN FALCON PUNCH HES SO AWESOME."

Careful what you wish for, Asage.

Awwwh yeah. Just finished listening to Mach Rider's theme extended to 15 minutes. Just what I need before hitting the road.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Some alt. costume ideas:

Mewtwo: Mecha-Mewtwo Armor
Lucario= Sir Aaron
Young Link= Original Link
Mario= Dr. Mario
Bowser= Dry Bowser/Dark Bowser

So, on custom characters, someone said disbalance, like MK + Snake, would be possible. Well, what if the moves you learned can't be with certain moves, to avoid possibilities like such? Also, here's a moveset custom from my Manga character, Bryan Retetre (Ree-tee-trai)

(B): Accuracy Blade: (A mix of Captain Falcon's (B) move and Charizard's (B) move)
His hand turns into a blade of light, and then he punches forward. After punching forward, a gust of light flare (White and Orange Fire) comes from the tip. When he hits someone with the jab, they don't knockback, but they get stuck in the light flare. The white flare does some damage, and then knockbacks the opponent. The knockback varies by percentage. This move has a little bit of a long recovery afterwards.

(B)>: Light Flare Dash: (A mix of Zelda's (B)> and Fox's (B)>)
He puts out his hand, and a light flare orb is shot. Control the orb much like you do as Zelda, but it's faster, and has more upwards control. After the Orb is at max distance, or you press (B), Bryan will chase the Light Flare Orb by following the line made by it. Anyone hit will recieve damage like Fox's (B)>, but when Bryan grabs the Light Flare Orb, otherwise known as the sweet spot, the opponent will take more damage, and have more knockback, like Wolf's sweet spot on (B)>.

(B)v: Side-Step Revolver: (A mix of Lucario's (B)v and Bowser's (B)>)
He side-steps, and if anyone attacks him when he doesn, he'll disappear, go right behind the opponent, grab them, then jump up, and then pile-drive them into the ground. This move always pits the opponent.

(B)^: Light Foot Tactic:
He jumps a third time. With the third jump, he falls slower, but when he presses (A), he'll dart straight down. If he hits someone, he'll jump off them, and be able to use (B)^ again. If he doesn't hit anyone, he actionless-falls, like Yoshi and Bowser's (B)v.

Final Smash: Triple Accuracy Slash
If he's near someone, he'll grab them, and then Bryan laughs, and says, "Nuh-Uh!" or "Ha! Gotcha now!". He then throws them upwards, and then Bryan, with both hands covered in Light Flare, or Accuracy Blade-style, he dashes upwards, and slashes through the enemy three times, saying, "Finish" after every slash. On the third slash, he says "Finish" with more enthusiasm, and slashes straight down. The move makes the opponent bounce off the ground and rocket straight upwards. This move is a OHKO. He can only hit one person.

Maybe you can't add vocals to your custom character, but still, I wanna make a moveset like this, and a custom character that looks the way I imagine him to; like in my comic series.
Sorry but that OC has no place in Smash. OC's would severely take the focus away from Nintendo characters... and Smash isn't about OC's, Smash is about Nintendo characters. Want custom characters? Use Mii. At least the Mii is an actual Nintendo character.

:phone:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom