• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Newbie 13: Organization XIII Mafia ~Town Wins!~

SangfroidWarrior

Smash Journeyman
Well, then, good luck with that. You do realize Batman was not technically a good person. Sure, he acted for the good of Gotham, but he worked in the night, which is what the mafia do, and was not witheld from the rules of regular society. He was called the Dark Knight. Lol, I'm just joking with ya. Do watevs.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Zen .

Version 1
1 Mafia Goon
1 Mafia Roleblocker
1 Cop or Nurse
1 Doctor or Deputy
5 Townies

Version 2
1 Mafia Goon
1 Mafia Roleblocker
1 Cop or Deputy
1 Doctor or Nurse
5 Townies

Version 3
1 Mafia Goon
1 Mafia Roleblocker
1 Cop or Doctor
1 Deputy or Nurse
5 Townies

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
SW said:
So, Panta, Kuzi, what are your reasonings for voting these people besides the one-liners, if any at all?
Did you read what I said about RVS? However, my vote is just a hunch I'm going off. I'll see where it leads me.

Question is, why aren't you voting someone yet ;)

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
1.) Shadow Moth ()
2.) SangfroidWarrior ()
3.) Panta ()
4.) pheonix561 ()
5.) gargaglione ()
6.) Budget Player Cadet_ (1) Kuz
7.) Werekill ()
8.) Zen (1) Panta
9.) th3kuzinator ()
Not voting - SM, SW, phoenix, gargaglione, BPC, Werekill, Zen

With 9 playing, it takes 5 to lynch!

Deadline is July 24th at 11:59 PM EST (GMT-5).

SangfroidWarrior

Smash Journeyman
Did you read what I said about RVS? However, my vote is just a hunch I'm going off. I'll see where it leads me.

Question is, why aren't you voting someone yet ;)
I did. I was just wondering if there was anything other than a hunch. But, I don't want to vote yet because I want to kill a fellow member of my town without any idea of whether or not they are scum. True, it is day one, but the only way for me and my town mates to win is if we kill all of the scum. If we kill a town member, well... then we have less of a chance of winning.

With that being said, why shouldn't I think YOU are scum, hmm?

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
@Zen: I'm trying to tell you something in code.

@SW: Do you honestly expect me to come up with evidence to prove to you that I'm town in the first 20 posts of the game? Can you say for certain that you think any of the other players on the list are town? If not, why grill me specifically?

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Also, your reluctance to place votes probably stems from playing IRL mafia where votes can rack up quickly. In a forum setting placing your vote isn't usually a problem unless you're worried about scum alpha-striking, which would not happen on D1.

Note: Since there are 9 players alive toDay, it takes 5 votes to lynch someone. Do not put a player at 4 votes (L-1) until you think they are your definite scumspect because this action usually warrants a roleclaim from the person being put at L-1. Do no place the hammer vote (the 5th vote with toDay's numbers) unless you are absolutely certain enough discussion has taken place, as doing so will start the Night phase. In this game I would prefer that anyone get permission from one of the ICs before hammering, as any premature mixup is usually thought to be scummy (but in this game could be easily confused as a newbie mistake).

SangfroidWarrior

Smash Journeyman
Do you honestly expect me to come up with evidence to prove to you that I'm town in the first 20 posts of the game? Can you say for certain that you think any of the other players on the list are town? If not, why grill me specifically?
Not really, and I'm not grilling you. I'm just questioning you at the moment, as I will with every other person. You just happen to be the first that I'm trying to get a guage on.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Well then if you didn't expect to get any reasonable information out of your question, why ask it at all?

Keeping what I said in 135 in mind, if you had to place your vote on someone this instant, who would it be and why? It can be actual reasoning or it can be something random, however I do want a vote from you.

SangfroidWarrior

Smash Journeyman
Alright. I think, atm, I'd vote for Gargagloine because he seemed bent on being batman and as soon as I pointed out something amusing about it, he just decided to vote for me. Probably for no reason, so I don't really mind, but that's just my view at the moment.

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
@kuz
Well, sangfroid's being a tad bit too defensive and well, questioning the Batman

SangfroidWarrior

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, basically. I was being defensive? When? And, truthfully, Garg, I was just joking with you about the Batman thing. Just trying to get some response, so I can't really blame you but nothing was intended by it other than getting conversation started.

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
@SW
the whole Batman thing's clearly a joke, i was simply adding to the joke by being "offended" that you "questioned" my Batman-ness. On the other hand, you're just being defensive in general.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
With #135 (this means post number by the way, we refer to posts by number not by page because players might have a different posts per page #) in mind, is your suspicions of Garg enough to warrant your vote on him?

And don't ask me about Garg's response. Question him yourself.

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
btw this whole game's pretty frustrating and silly with only 3 people actually participating...

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Why is it frustrating?

And it comes with the game. Don't expect to get everything done in one sitting as expecting all 9 players to be here at the same time is implausible. They will give their thoughts when they get here. In the meantime, use this time to try and get reads on the players that are posting.

SangfroidWarrior

Smash Journeyman
@garg That's just how I always play. With no idea of who mafia are, the only way I can play is defensively until I know whom I can attack without actually killing a mafia.

SangfroidWarrior

Smash Journeyman
@Kuzi I was, actually. Guess I should have done this before-hand. But, no, it's not enough to vote for him, seeing as I haven't yet, but I have suspissions.

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
Well, sorry, not used to such a slow pace...
and @SW why would you want to know whom you can attack WITHOUT wanting to kill a mafia? you wouldn't attack anybody with no motive of killing them would you?

SangfroidWarrior

Smash Journeyman
Exactly. That's why I'm not voting yet. I don't want to kill a townie. Even though that usually happens on D1, I want to prevent it.

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
@SW
what I mean is, if your role wasn't mafia, you would probably want to stop the mafia, which you apparently do not want to do

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Exactly. That's why I'm not voting yet. I don't want to kill a townie. Even though that usually happens on D1, I want to prevent it.
You speak like the act of you voting someone is equivalent to killing a townie. It's far from it, actually.

@Garg: Yeah the pace is something you'll get used to. I had to get used to it to when I first started, nothing to apologize about.

SangfroidWarrior

Smash Journeyman
@Garg. I guess I didn't get my point across correctly. I do want to kill the mafia. In fact, I want to eliminate them with a vengence. But, in order to do that, we have to refrain from killing town so we have more numbers and we don't dwindle down to only one or two town with one or two mafia.

@Kuzi. Well, to me, it is. In all of my previous games, a vote was final and you could not really change it, and sometimes we killed innocents for that reason. I guess my unwillingness to vote stems from that.

SangfroidWarrior

Smash Journeyman
And, again, my point was going across wrong. I am unwilling to vote because I have no real leads on who is mafia or not, and I don't want to place any blame until I have some reasoning from myself. It's not that voting now would kill an innocent, it's that I have no real leads on who or not could be mafia.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Well I'm telling you as an IC to a player that a reluctance to vote will hinder your scumhunting abilities.

Votes are not permanent and can be switched at any time. If you make your intentions known with a vote, not only are you giving town a clear suspicion path to follow if you were to ever die and flip town, putting pressure on said player with votes will sometimes make them act different, which sometimes can help you further your read on the person due to pressure.

Since you've said that your suspicions of Garg still don't warrant a vote, however, then feel free not to place it. But just know that in the future, a lack of a vote will sometimes be interpreted as a lack of hard stances which another player could use to form an attack on you.

Top Bottom