• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Next Level Lan 07/09/11 Orlando, Fl

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
Sax vs Kyon-Metaknight. A realistic choice for a counter to wario. Nothing wrong there
peach is a counter to wario? are you insane? regardless wario sucks ****

good to see xyz and gindler workin teams

side-note: sex puma from tally went to this? that's a shame he didn't place at least top 8. must be slackin

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
peach is a counter to wario? are you insane? regardless wario sucks ****

good to see xyz and gindler workin teams

side-note: sex puma from tally went to this? that's a shame he didn't place at least top 8. must be slackin
...can someone handle this for me?

and it wasn't sex puma. It was a different puma.

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
i wrote the book on that fat ****. kyon is great, but no way has the metagame shifted since i quit to where peach vs wario is fundamentally difficult for wario

ah, makes sense then for puma to have lost then

gallax, pppppsh.. you guys are expected to win. why would you need props?

Cassio

Smash Master
I just don't think he believes Pika is as good as he says he is.
Just let people have their opinions, you can't have the right answer when it comes to ideas :embarrass:. Using your logic I could say you underrate pika because you use him and dont do as well as youd want to. Its not fair to make those kinds of judgements.

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
this kuro guy tellin all kinds of lies :( :( :( :( poor sexpuma

gallax, lol........ :\

btw you came up in conversation today (someone from your highschool who goes to UNF)

real-life superstar over here (ego ego ego)

Exdeath

Smash Master
I've recorded all of the videos from my Wii, P.I.E.'s Wii, and Kyon's Wii. I still need Gallax', GDX', etc.

gallax

Smash Hero

btw you came up in conversation today (someone from your highschool who goes to UNF)

And who was that might i ask?

I've recorded all of the videos from my Wii, P.I.E.'s Wii, and Kyon's Wii. I still need Gallax', GDX', etc.
I didnt bring mah wii.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
i wrote the book on that fat ****. kyon is great, but no way has the metagame shifted since i quit to where peach vs wario is fundamentally difficult for wario

ah, makes sense then for puma to have lost then

gallax, pppppsh.. you guys are expected to win. why would you need props?
You can ask plenty of warios. I've heard them all call it difficult. Wether it's soft counter or a larger counter many easily find it an annoying matchup. Enough so that i find it justified to want to use mk.Get off my jock brah.
Yes it was.

Don't be rude dude.
Oh really? My bad. Someone told me it was someone else at the tourney.

My bad~
It was sex puma kuro

:phone:
My bad~

I didnt bring mah wii.
Who's wii/sd card was on the main t.v.?
And was GDX's the very first table as you enter?

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
EVERYONE

Gary, GDX, PIE

Anything with Ganon on it, please send it to Exdeath or 2Link (if he's okay with it)

i REEEEALLY want more of my ganons up there to be critiqued :)

OverLade

Smash Hero
Cool tourney. I'd do shoutouts if I wasn't posting from my Wii with a keyboard rofl.

Since no one mentioned it, I went all Snake/Falco until Grand Finals where I beat Hrnut's Snake and Marth in 2 sets. I used MK to win the tourney but I dont think he should be my first character listed (not that it really matters, but if I had lost GF he wouldn't even be listed).

Lots of great matches were saved from this. Really excited to see the replays.

Gindler

Smash Champion
Neither me nor hrnut gets props for teams. Shame.
You guys didn't carry us that hard :awesome:

I like to think I got carried a lil less though :cool:

Mild shoutouts, since I had to sleep after doubles as usual

1: RedHalberd ($191.10) :metaknight: :falco: :snake: Congrats on another first, didn't really talk to ya outside of saying GGs and a handshake. The norm really
2: HrNut ($54.60) :snake: Nick being a beast as usual. Good job on "second" and making Grand Finals fun even when Gallax and I didn't want to play anymore
3: Gallax ($27.30) :snake: :metaknight: :pikachu2: :marth: Another full right through losers, we should try that more often. Sorry about that grand finals, ha. Heard about the unfortunate falco shinanigan's (shame), and the almost beating Nick yet again (one day :smile:)

Brinstar's Acid: Thanks for saving Gallax from certain death :p

4: MamPam :diddy: :snake: Always a pleasure
5: Kyon :peach: barely saw you after I first came in
5: Gdx :diddy: :wario: Wally wally wally wally wally wally world
7: Sax :metaknight: :wario: you=first round loss=me sad face
7: Kuro :snake: Congrats on the placing
9: 2dJeff :popo: Cmahhhh brahhhh
9: Otori :dedede: Sorry I couldn't come beat you MK again :troll:
9: oLJo :snake: Sorry for the double teaming for a whole set.
9: Mink :zerosuitsamus: :jigglypuff: Puff? you didn't go puff...then again I was restin myself
13: Wonderbread :metaknight: Haven't seen you since like 08
13: Sensei :mario2: Still reppin the mario. noice
17: Puma Good/won't die D3. keep it up

JS: for payouts someone did the math wrong. Shoulda been 104-52-26 doubs. 136-78-39-18.5 singles. Just going off the original post...but meh

Edit: Hope to see some good vids from this too

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
Kim

You can ask plenty of warios. I've heard them all call it difficult. Wether it's soft counter or a larger counter many easily find it an annoying matchup. Enough so that i find it justified to want to use mk.Get off my jock brah.
lol what warios are left in the south that can actually talk about any matchup at a high level? me/reflex/masky/afro(for the short time he did play wario) all quit. if warios today are complainin about peach than there is no hope for another reflex/gmoney/etc.

OverLade

Smash Hero
LOOOOL Jay with the mad cute avatar and signiture. Good stuff my bro it was fun teaming with ya and watching your matches.

And Jeffmoney Im not even hatin, I'm just keepin it real when I say that Lies, Sax and Solo are all at least at the same level if not better than you were back when you played. Wario just isn't a good character anymore because everyone who plays against him stays on the ground and camps. Peach beats Wario because Usmash kills at 100 from a grab release and she zones you with Uairs (These days peach players float cancel super close to the ground, so they'll frame trap you even if you airdodge the Uair, and none of Warios moves outrange peaches Uair). Its a pretty big disadvantage just psychologically...

Ok first and foremost: this tourney was real fun to play in and i'm def happy i got to get out there. it was only my second and a huge shoutout to renki who hit the deku nut vanish after we teamed in doubles. I'm pretty salty about 2 things: Nobody recorded me getting the double 9 hit with GAW, and I had to play against people i've heard only the nastiest things about(HRNut and Gallax). No johns, and good shhh on getting first and second. I'm happy i got to play a few friendlies with HR, GDX, XYZ and a few others. It was also pretty cool to see people like Mink, 2dJeff, Exdeath and the rest of people i've seen at my other outings. I'm gonna try and be present a bit more if work johns don't get in the way.

BTW: they let you make names this long? :laugh:

gallax

Smash Hero
Hey i know Kim. Kimberly olson!!! She was a nice person. Probably still is. Next time you see her tell her i said hey.

Oh and pimpin, you can come over and play wth me whenever ma. Just hit me up 772-579-3046. I can teach you the tricks and trades of the game.

Gindler

Smash Champion
Having trouble thinking of a matchup I'd rather go Wario in than Yoshi. Hmmm, I think it's just pit and maybe Lucario...Dang poor wario

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
And Jeffmoney Im not even hatin, I'm just keepin it real when I say that Lies, Sax and Solo are all at least at the same level if not better than you were back when you played. Wario just isn't a good character anymore because everyone who plays against him stays on the ground and camps. Peach beats Wario because Usmash kills at 100 from a grab release and she zones you with Uairs (These days peach players float cancel super close to the ground, so they'll frame trap you even if you airdodge the Uair, and none of Warios moves outrange peaches Uair). Its a pretty big disadvantage just psychologically...
it's "Geoff," Lade.... boy oh boy

first, that's so incredibly doubtful when none of these guys win or place over anyone of importance (or even come close); don't hide behind this "keeping it real." and there's 0 possibility for any of these guys to be better than masky is currently. You are showing your bias. Since sax is moving up here to UNF, I'd very much like for him to be better than me, but i've seen vids and (here's a page out of your book) i'm not impressed, but obviously there is potential. You crushed Sax. Against me you had to grab the edge 90+ times to win a few bucks

Wario was NEVER a fundamentally great character. He's just a fat, heavy **** with some tricks. Warios primarily won games because they were either leagues better than their opponent or their opponent ****ed up (which is never how one should play). Played close to perfect, wario shouldn't ever win against a lot of often-played characters (MK, Marth, Snake, D3)

I know what peaches do and i know the matchup. I wish i lived near orlando so my rusty *** could play kyon right now. Mainly to prove my point that the matchup is not that difficult and also because kyon is mad chill

a psychological disadvantage is not a true disadvantage.

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
Hey i know Kim. Kimberly olson!!! She was a nice person. Probably still is. Next time you see her tell her i said hey.
will do. she's still chill, and she's getting married btw

just found out

SAX

Smash Ace

first, that's so incredibly doubtful when none of these guys win or place over anyone of importance (or even come close); don't hide behind this "keeping it real." and there's 0 possibility for any of these guys to be better than masky is currently. You are showing your bias. Since sax is moving up here to UNF, I'd very much like for him to be better than me, but i've seen vids and (here's a page out of your book) i'm not impressed, but obviously there is potential. You crushed Sax. Against me you had to grab the edge 90+ times to win a few bucks

Wario was NEVER a fundamentally great character. He's just a fat, heavy **** with some tricks. Warios primarily won games because they were either leagues better than their opponent or their opponent ****ed up (which is never how one should play). Played close to perfect, wario shouldn't ever win against a lot of often-played characters (MK, Marth, Snake, D3)

I know what peaches do and i know the matchup. I wish i lived near orlando so my rusty *** could play kyon right now. Mainly to prove my point that the matchup is not that difficult and also because kyon is mad chill

Yeah, I play a lot more mk now anyways. I kinda gave up on wario haha. But you have to realize how much better redhalberd has gotten throughout the years. But I understand you have good reason to believe what you believe.

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
This seemed fun. I would have loved to see the people that came, even though there weren't a whole lot. Melbourne would rocked tha boatttttttttt. Florida's awesome.

Stop letting RedHalberd win people.

2-DJeff

Smash Master

you dont know what your talking about. solo dosnt enter as much as the other warios. You dont know **** about the other wario plays so keep them out of this. Because you dont know. and FYI wario vs marth is in marth favor but its not by much. Wario vs d3 is a 45-55 mu and wario vs snake is slightly in warios favor. MK idk we cant really say for sure yet becuase solo ushally ****s on mks but he loses to halberd so it may be a super bad mu but if anything mk is warios worse fight. Dont talk like you know these wario players because im pretty sure they play some of the hardest players in the U.S. and fairs pretty well.
your living in 08 still buddy

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
I know what i see and i know results that are posted. You don't understand the concept of marginal advantage and what that means when playing at near perfect levels (specifically in bo5 or bo7's).

Hardest? maybe difficult, but certainly not the hardest. redhalberd and hrnut are very good players but there's more than enough proof in placement that FL (esp. central...) is not at the top

I'm living in 08 and know nothing about matchups? yea... pretty sure the last tourney i went to i coached masky to 4th by beating chaz and hrnut (who only lost b/c he ****ed up... snake vs wario is not a wario favored matchup; not horrible for wario, but certainly given equal skill and a longer set the snake is gonna win far more often). and he only lost to d3... which is the most boring matchup in the game. you basically wanna kill yourself after having to play that gay to win... and if you lose... you still wanna kill yourself

Your game sense is wack. You can't know the MK vs wario matchup for sure? are you that ridiculous? whoever solo is "****s" on MKs a lot because most MKs are garbage and play him because it gives them a slightly better change to get wins they don't deserve.

don't hype people that don't place in the $

2-DJeff

Smash Master
how long ago was this coaching? was it in 2011? i said idk the mk vs wario mu so i cant speak for mk in genral.
Who did i hype up? i just said dont bash FL warios. Are you stupid?
What state or region you from coach carter?

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
lol you say i'm living in 08.... and now you don't know who i am? that's cute

you can't speak about MK, yet "solo ushally ****s on mks but he loses to halberd so it may be a super bad mu but if anything mk is warios worse fight" -- yea, that's a ****ing intelligent argument. don't worry about individual skill. that is unimportant.... wait, nvm... the reality is that Lade is just a much, much better player than solo.

you said i don't know **** about the FL warios. which is bull. i am one, i know quite a bit and i still watch vids/check results of every FL player. i may not have given 2 ****s about competing in this game since the end of 09, but you're a fool if you think much has shifted in the metagame.

now, i know you must think this game still has a lot of depth (and it's okay to be wrong -- surely you must get enjoyment out of never winning anything of importance with a character that can infinite the entire cast), but it just doesn't.

what i said is accurate. i did not say they're **** (Wario is a **** char. in comparison to his peers at the game's current level of refinement) i did say they can't talk about the game/matchups at a high-level and that warios can only really win when they're just much, much better at the game fundamentally than their opponents (edit: which no wario that is active in FL is.. all active warios do not place among the important -- it's a very simple concept). it is easier for other char's to get wins they don't necessarily deserve (esp. when against wario). Peach is not one of those char's tho. which was my starting point.

2-DJeff

Smash Master
if you dont give 2 ****s why are you even talking? or even on these results looking at them? im just saying by looking at a certain player playing them mk mu from time to time the matchup can be hard and easy. so like i say agian idk the mu mk vs wario.
Like i said myself idc what your talking about. dont bad mouth players you dont even know. If a wario lose to a peach so what? who cares? idk why you do since you dont give 2 ****s about the game. and even if you did. you come here and show us the mu without timing someone out. these warios dont play like masky and run away. they like to have fun and fight. If masky has fun running away thats him. Its not likly to find a person like that though. Just shut up and ethier play the peaches aka (kyon) here and win without time out or shut up because i dont thing ppl care about what you might think the matchup is. Also the peach that beats these warios aka the only peach that beats these warios practice with them alot. but wait you obviously already knew that to. No one cares bro just stfu lmao :laugh: since you dont give 2 ****s
and yes the metagame has shifted since 09

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
i don't care about competing. Reading comprehension, bro

if you don't care what i'm talking about then why did you try and slight me in the first place?

it's not about losing to a peach as a wario or having personal troubles with certain matchups. It's about taking those personal troubles and saying that the matchup is, at it's core, overtly difficult when that's just not the case. It's lying to yourself. It's lying to others. And it further stagnates the level of play we see.

Your lack of knowledge about Masky's playstyle alarms me. He started off very campy sure, but it's very obvious that he embraced aggression when it was safe. That's the important thing. Safety. Having a safe style is intelligent. It's sad that you bad mouth a guy whose success you or your buddies will very likely never achieve. and masky wasn't even at the top of the top

Your slander against me for having a campy style or that I may have timed people out is laughable. Mother****ers time me out. I don't time out mother****ers. Learn some history.

I think your criticism of masky's or my style is funny tho. You do realize you play a char. that can easily infinite the entire cast and you have still lost against anyone of moderate importance. You think there is more fun in that? Why can't you be cool/intelligent like galuda or x-factor?

you "don't thing [sic] people care about what i might (no... i do) think the matchup is"? that's fine. if people don't want to listen and lie to themselves that they can't beat kyon or any other peach because the matchup is "hard." It can't possibly because kyon is just an incredibly smart/solid player. I'd still call that ****ter mentality out like i did regardless.

again, shifted? sure. much shifted? no. the game has been very stagnate at a high-level for some time (esp. when you compare it to other games)

kirbydabest

Smash Journeyman
shout out time just wanna say i had a great time at this tourney always nice to get out and brawl at nll planning on going to alot of tournies this summer i want to make my kirby as good as possible and if anyone reading this played my kirby i would really appreciate it if u gave me some critiques so i can make it the best kirby possible XD now for shoutouts

RedHalberd- didnt get to play u but learned alot just from hearing u speak about the game lol i really want to play u though

2: HrNut- didnt get play u but saw ur tourney matches good ****

3: Gallax- I'm so unlucky having to play u in first round but it was still a good learning experience but i prolly shouldnt have went falco in the first game

4: MamPam - i agree kirby is da best:awesome:

5: Kyon- wanted to play u but forgot lol

7: Kuro- i think u were the wolf i played i cant remember DX

9: oLJo-played u in tourney great matches and a very nice snake i really need to learn that mu better its just so hard for kirby to overcome:urg:

9: Mink-Awesome meeting u man MLP and rainbow dash all day and thanks for the advice i will stay true to my main cus i mean cmon u have it harder than me maining jiggs when ur now below link i would seem like a straight ***** if i switched plus i wouldnt have as much fun playing another character but anyway thank u without u i would never have known the awesomeness of ponies!

13: Sensei- as always repping that mario happy that payne got play u man he friggin idolizes u lol

13: KDB- well i must say he had a legit hat:awesome: but anyway ur getting there man goal for next tourney break 9th

13: Pie- surprisingly there was like a million ness's at this tourney lol

payne: getting better man repping that mario like sensei youll get there dont worry just gotta study ur match ups and youll be fine but man u gotta put the time in and learn ur mu's its important u dont wanna be taken by surprise by a mu u dont know

OverLade

Smash Hero

Okay now you're talking with some sense for sure. You know that Wario isn't good at least.

But what if I argued that Kyon isn't good at the matchup and therefore isn't representative of what the matchup is actually like? (I love you Gary, I'm just saying)

Kyon is really bad vs MK compared to 2link or Illmatic (Namesearch monsters) so I wouldn't be surprised if I could beat him with Wario just by playing a similar style. It woudln't be evidence that Wario doesn't have it bad in the matchup, the same way me ****** Solo or Sax isn't representative or Reflex doing well vs M2K isn't representative.

I agree with your agruement completely but I think the same bias that you're using to support one side is still applicable to the players on the other side. And LOL @ you bringing up Mid 2009 me vs you and comparing that to me vs Wario now, that's a whole nother arguement...

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
kyon being bad at the matchup is of course a possibility. i don't know if he is. if he is as you say, then it's even more laughable for a wario to be specifically scared over that. again, it's ultimately about just not lying to yourself. That's what concerns/annoys me. Be worried or switch char's over the right reasons (and win for it).

we will see if you're right about sax at least this fall. I have literally only played brawl in the last year as part of a charity event and to beat BAD (your brother should know him from sante fe) repeatedly until he leaves the UNF gameroom (cause that's how much everyone hates that guy). I can't really express how disappointed i will be if i have no trouble.

edit: hi d-torr! yea... idk hmmph........... how's life been? (btw deleted my damn facebook again; goin off the grid awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww eyaaaa... j/k j/k)

Top Bottom