• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nightmare Before Christmas Mafia! This is Halloween! Town Wins!!!!!!

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
It's okay. don't have to tell the name I guess.

I just hope you have a good explanation coming the next day

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC

*Throws hand at Zen.* You can keep your stupid hand. The fact you still thought I was scum in All Stars shows how completely stupid you are. I was not only cleared by my actions, I was also cleared by my partners dying (who flipped as town) and the cop's investigation. How about instead of depending on Pichu's judgment of me, you do some real scumhunting or actually man up and vote me?
No need to call me stupid, y u mad? And I meant early on.

What do you think I'm doing?

... Do you mean vote you for real? I can't. I don't get why you said this knowing I can't actually vote you.

X1 originally suggested it. I thought "Heck, I can be a team player" and offered. Why don't you ask Joey the same thing since he offered too? I'm sure you remember all the flack he got for it.
What? I did ask him about it. I was the one giving him the flack... and what would you accomplish from it? how would it benefit town???? Like I just don't see the point of it at all!

I also recall Pichu saying they were testing me with that accusation. Would I react as they expected as scum or would I react as they expected from town?
Hm ok I think I see where you're coming from here.

At this time I think Joey is town. If I see something that convinces me otherwise or if he's the obvious lynch of the day with time running out, I'll vote for him.
What about the points I made on him?

My intent was not to clear myself as town either, at least not completely. Anyone who has seen me play with Swiss knows I tunnel him with a mad vengence. I've had the philosophy "Lynching Swiss is always protown". Now I haven't looked at him once and quite frankly I would think that's weird. So I brought up the meta for that reason. And I didn't want to give my whole town list, for reasons I shouldn't have to explain to you.
At the beginning of your post, you say you don't want to give your list. At the end of your post, you say you don't have any reads on anyone else (but Swiss). Explain.
Seph is my scum choice at this time. Why are you so convinced he is town? His posts have been a lot more silly and useless.
I've been in multiple games with Seph, and this is how he acts in general. I haven't seen his scum side from the town perspective as you guys did in villains, but I have seen it from the scum perspective as well as his play as town from both scum and town perspectives. I just don't think he has posted enough to determine that he is scum, because the way he plays is just always scummy to people.

Skim much? I said that I have a weakness of obsessing about flavor I know. I also said I hoped if we get his memory back we could then manipulate the wheel.

Look at TNBC cast. You have Jack, Sally, Dr Finkelstein, the Mayor, Zero, Santa, Oogie Boogie, Lock, Shock, and Barrel as named characters. The rest are town's folk who I assumed would be VTs. And the reason I brought it up was because someone mentioned this isn't going to be like another mod's game where everyone should have a power role.
I know you said it's your weakness, but if you know that, then stop doing it?! I just find it contradictory that you were doing no scumhunting and only flavor/set-up talk, and then go on about how we need to scumhunt.

kk at the second part.

OMG. Let me say that again. OH MY GOD. Honey, first off I don't bus. I especially don't bring attention to scummates unless I've been pushed to so it doesn't look suspicious.
Self Meta aint defense. Showing evidence for why it wouldn't be bussing is.

It looks to me that you're parroting everything that has been mentioned against me. None of these comments are even anything new. It's the same old, same old.

"She likes flavor. She must be rolefishing hur durr durr." Meanwhile everyone forgets Tiger volunteered this information himself.

"Pichu thinks she's scum after modding a game where she was scum, she must be scum herp derp derp." Forgetting that Pichu said my response was more a town response they expected.

"She said something about Joey. She must be scum, duh uh uh uh." Because either I'm saying Joey is town or some crazy way I'm bussing my scummate.
Flavor thing has been mentioned, yes. I went more into it.

Pichu thing hasn't been mentioned, and the point wasn;t that Pichu thought you were scum. It was how you were saying that he thought you were scum because he knows your scum meta which wouldn't make sense if you were town.

Joey thing wasn't mentioned.

So no, I wasn't parroting.

M.K

Level 55
I've been in multiple games with Seph, and this is how he acts in general. I haven't seen his scum side from the town perspective as you guys did in villains, but I have seen it from the scum perspective as well as his play as town from both scum and town perspectives. I just don't think he has posted enough to determine that he is scum, because the way he plays is just always scummy to people.
Problem is, this is exactly the same behavior that I think SephMasa shows as scum. Especially in games like Newb 10 and FF6, it's all about "give as little info as possible and coast" throughout the days as scum (Strago/whatever his replacement in Newb 10 flipped). Also, even though it was a long time ago, SephMasa was more active in Code Geass mafia as a townie (iirc, gonna look back on this one).

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Rockin said:
Why do I still want seph alive? I need him so as to try and test Tiger's ability.
If this was truly the case, why did you suggest that Tiger use his ability on me?

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
So, your position is, let's leave Seph alive so I can test someone else's ability in some way that doesn't make sense (after all, being unable to post would sensibly extend to QTs), and you're fine with not even "testing" that ability at all by virtue of me being the target?

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
@Mod: Are the following questions acceptable for SephMasa to answer?

@SephMasa: Before Rockin confirmed, did you both speak to each other? Was it right before Rockin confirmed? If not, about how long did he take to confirm after he stopped talking to you?

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Zen said:
-Gord why did you switch to Seph and then continue to disagree with the wagon over Joey.
I'm kinda confused by the question, but if I don't answer it right, you can just restate it right :p?

I DO agree with the Seph wagon, but would prefer Joey's lynch.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
So, your position is, let's leave Seph alive so I can test someone else's ability in some way that doesn't make sense (after all, being unable to post would sensibly extend to QTs), and you're fine with not even "testing" that ability at all by virtue of me being the target?
Testing the ability wasn't my main objective. It was more of me just being a willing person, as well as having this mason like ability, I'd probably be the the least bit affected/slowed down by this ability. Also, in case something really crazy happens, everyone would at least have a good idea who it could be. I'd be fine without testing it.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
@Rockin: You wanted to lynch Spear Pillar for inactivity. Why did you only today turn against UTDZac? Given his complete and utter lack of...anything, why was Spear Pillar a better choice for an inactiscum lynch than UTDZac at the time that you suggested him?

@UTDZac: When you asked Tiger why he claimed his ability, he never responded. Why didn't you pursue it? You told Rockin that you wanted to pursue me/Gord due to our argument, but didn't feel it would be...what? You said "reasonable", but what did you mean by that? Correct? Fair? Go ahead and try. Explain how that makes us scum. Something is better than the nothing you've given so far.

@All: Can we assume that Tiger is town now please? I mean, if he self-targeted going into lylo, he'd have a 20% chance to simply win because town couldn't lynch him. That's not reasonable. That, and I think we can all agree that Tiger didn't make his ability up on the spot the way he did, along with the fact that he VOLUNTEERED the information that HE was responsible for Mentos's disappearance. That, and the scum faction having a random ability is pretty whack. Town, sure. Scum, no.

Did I say "the scum faction"? On that note, why are we assuming that there is only one? I'm beginning to think that two factions is more likely.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Your questions break no rules Cello_Marl.

I do not hold judgement to what questions are acceptable for a player to respond to.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
@Mod: You might have misunderstood what I was asking. Is it ok for SephMasa to answer them, not is it ok for me to ask them.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
@Rockin: You wanted to lynch Spear Pillar for inactivity. Why did you only today turn against UTDZac? Given his complete and utter lack of...anything, why was Spear Pillar a better choice for an inactiscum lynch than UTDZac at the time that you suggested him?
Spear Pillar has posted one or two post. Zac was about maybe 4 or 5 (I can't remember, but I do remember he was slightly active). Spear Pillar hardly made any post and the inactivity was irritating me, so I wanted him gone. He's being active now, but I'm still not seeing much townie worth to me (all he's been saying is about how beneficial posting a list of town/scum as well as a few other stuff that has been mentioned already). I'm willing to give him a chance for the next day.

Now with Zac, he's been inactive for a good while. I remember before in sonic mafia, he was fairly active (and he was town) as well as able to contribute. Not seeing that thing here is...odd.

I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt by giving him more time on D2, but Gova? Not so much

unvote Vote Gova

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Rockin said:
I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt by giving him more time on D2, but Gova? Not so much
Why and why? More interested in the first why.

Also, don't lie. Pillar had 5, Zac had 8. Explain how Zac's RVS against you makes him more "active" than Pillar.

Also, what took you so long to speak with your supposed only partner?

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
@SephMasa: If you want to get an answer, I'd suggest you at the very least not form your request in such a way that might be construed as quoting a mod pm.

@TigerWoods: What does it matter? Is he on the right track or not? It can't hurt to say, "Something like that". In context, SephMasa will understand what you mean.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Why and why? More interested in the first why.

Also, don't lie. Pillar had 5, Zac had 8. Explain how Zac's RVS against you makes him more "active" than Pillar.

Also, what took you so long to speak with your supposed only partner?
3 of those 5 posts were posts BEFORE the game started. Those 2 were actual posts within the game. Anything posted before the game starts I'm not going to count. If you was look at the 4th and 5th post, there's a huge gap between them. I didn't like that.

Like I said about Zac, I played with him before in sonic Mafia cause he was fairly active in that game.

Gova however hasn't been contributing much and he suddenly jumps on the seph wagon without giving much of a reason. It looks really scummy, especially since he hasn't commented on how he feels about other people or what's been going on with the game.

Seph had christmas johns, so I didn't really pester him much. Not to mention we didn't have much to really talk about, especially since he was being a bit inactive himself.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Seph, quit trying to grasp anymore from Tiger's role. I already got on Tandora about this. Why are you doing the same?

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Because of this.

TigerWoods and his mistress Claim

Tiger's claim is highly interesting. I myself have never seen this movie, and I'm not particularly putting emphasis on flavor. However, I'm highly more interested in those adamantly demanding Tiger use his ability on himself. However, these same individuals are also not tackling him as so scummy, as I saw the majority of the pressure BEFORE the...claim, albeit a premature claim.
I'm not one for assumptions, but if you're adamantly demanding that he use his present on himself, then not attack him as a scum member, then you're obviously contradicting the nature of the player vs. the nature of the present.

Let's think for a second here and anaylze a few key ....scenarios:
Tiger is scum, his presents are in scum's favor:
-Using the present on himself gives him more powers
-Using the present on others = ??????

Tiger is town, his present's are in town's favor:
-Using the presents on himself gives him ...? More powers? We're not sure here.
-Using the presents on others gives the possibility of giving scum an advatnage.

Tiger's Alignment not Factored in, Present's are favorable to those who receive them.
-Using the present on himself is a canceling-out null tell.
-Using the present on others is a risk. As scum, he'd never do this. As town, it'd be a risky chance trying to select town from scum

Tiger's aligment not factored in, present's may be favorable or detrimental to those who receive them:
-Using the present on himself = Tiger's chance of being inhibited.
-Using the present on others = Tiger's chance of inhibiting others

I believe I've tackled most scenarios. I don't see town doing this, but I'd like you to evaluate from all possible scenarios BEFORE making assumptions that presents are inherently detrimental/beneficial.

Now what can we take from this? Ugh, you know, all this work and I'm still at a crosswords. What I do notice, however, is that the chance of Tiger hurting himself/helping himself and hurting others/helping others is....even, or for the information we have, points to being even.
Tiger.....should use a present. It's more important to see what these presents may DO then to take the chance and lynch a helpful-looking-ish townie. It also doesn't hurt that I get a general townie vibe from him. Kinda...like...purehearted. I dunno how to describe it.
Using it on himself? Basically a self-guinea pig, I presume. Well, that's a chance he'd have to take on his own. IMO, there should be more information that he's withholding...but I'm not inclined to pressure him at the moment for that information and to distract town from scumhunting with hypothetical situations.
That's weird, I don't recall ANYONE mentioning that Tiger's actions involved presents. Nice scum slip.

I would like everyone to lynch Tiger today, and if he flips scum, lynch MK and if he doesn't consider MK a Null read.

Reason why we should lynch Tiger before MK: because Tiger has unknown capabilities, his abilities could strengthen scum or harm town. If Tiger does flip scum, that doesn't discount Macman either, for all we know they could have tired to give Macman an ability.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
The Mod said:
The dull sun rose into the air where people began to wake. People came from all ends of the town where they all began to be ready for their Christmas preparations. However one townsmember woke up to quite the frightening sight. MentosMan8 walked out of his door this very fine morning to find a Present on his doorstep. The box had nice and unique wrapping paper like the ones they had decided to use last year and what they planned on using this year. He bent over to pick it up and open it when suddenly….!
This was where "present" was said.

However, I like where your brain is at. You should vote for Rockin.

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
I did mean Mentos, (Sometimes I mix those two up.)

And why Rokin? I'm knida masoned with him.

Btw, thanks for outing the only possible thing MK could have gone through. Traps are meant for those directed to.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
You aren't masoned with him, you're in a neighborhood. At any rate, if you have any powers (I don't care what you claimed), then don't talk to Rockin about them any more than you already have. Use them according to your will. Also, ask Rockin privately what took him so long to confirm, if you would. He's your enemy.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
@SephMasa: Here's an example:

Rockin said:
Seph, quit trying to grasp anymore from Tiger's role. I already got on Tandora about this. Why are you doing the same?
Why did he choose to bring this up in-thread, instead of talking to you about it in your QT? It makes you look bad in front of the rest of us. Compare to how he is likely speaking to you in your QT; I'd bet that he's buttering you up, saying that he has a gut feeling or something that you're town.

Top Bottom