• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo 3DS

theeboredone

Smash Legend
DS lite is now $99.99 at your local game store. Just Sayin'
What does that have anything to do with what I said? I'm just saying, people need to just stay chill about whether or not a new rendition of the 3DS will come out. It's only been a few months after all, where it took 2 years for the DS Lite to come out after the original DS.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Just need a super mario sunshine 2
Personally, I think that a Super Mario Sunshine sequel would be a great game to release on the Wii U. One of the quality of the original, of course. That means less linearity then in the Super Mario Galaxy games and stuff like that. And imagine, Isle Delfino (or another island, whatever) in High Definition. I remember liking the graphics back then, they would be so awesome on the Wii U.

Anyway, yeah, this E3 further reassured me that the 3DS was the best choice. The two games I wanted the 3DS for the most - Animal Crossing and Paper Mario - may have not been given any solid release dates, but there continues to be an amazing amount of other games that I want. I haven't been this excited for games since the GCN generation.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Sunshine 2 would be amazing, but it probably won't happen because Sunshine is essentially a failed IP (if "IP" is the right term here) in terms of media reception.

What a shame.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Sunshine 2 would be amazing, but it probably won't happen because Sunshine is essentially a failed IP (if "IP" is the right term here) in terms of media reception.

What a shame.
Was Luigi's Mansion recepted all of that better? I remember both titles getting criticized quite often.

If there's a Luigi's Mansion sequel, I want to see a Super Mario Sunshine sequel as well. It's only right. I enjoyed both games quite extensively. In fact, Super Mario Sunshine might be my favorite 3D Mario platformer.

UberMario

Smash Master
How are 6 million sales a failure when Luigi's Mansion didn't even get 4?

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
It all depends on a number of things, such as sales and critic's reviews. It just shows you that even good games can sell less than a million and they never get a sequel while bad games sell millions and get like 10 different sequels.

I would like to see a Mario Sunshine 2 though, but they'll prolly make Mario Galaxy 3 for the Wii U at some point in time.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
It all depends on a number of things, such as sales and critic's reviews. It just shows you that even good games can see less than a million and they never get a sequel while bad games sell millions and get like 10 different sequels.

I would like to see a Mario Sunshine 2 though, but they'll prolly make Mario Galaxy 3 for the Wii U at some point in time.
=(

I like Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2 and all, but seriously, it's time to move onto something else. Whether that be a Super Mario Sunshine sequel or a new style I don't care as much. I just don't care to see Super Mario Galaxy 3. Lets try to differentiate the Wii U from the Wii just a little bit, please?

Anyway, this is really off-topic. lol.

I didn't mention it before, but I'm actually really happy for Luigi's Mansion 2. I did not see that coming at all. I thought that the people who were clamoring for it were grasping at straws. I'm glad to be wrong.

*Tyson*

Smash Ace
Yeah, Paper Mario and Luigi's Mansion 2 are easily the games i am the most excited for!

Also, anyone else been playing Excitebike?? Those CPU racers are on some crap!!! Hahaha soooooo many times they fly in the air and land on me and make me crash. That game was surprisingly really fun

Abel1994

Smash Lord
Ugh I never played paper mario before :(

I want to see how the gameplay is!!!

Street fighter is getting boring and I have 40 bucks left for Oot and yea thats gonna be a hella fun

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
I could play 10 Galaxy games, honestly.

whereas, I can't even play through the one Sunshine game we have. I admit it's pretty though. I wouldn't mind another SM64 style sandbox game. I'm kind of hoping the 3DS Mario turns out to be like that.

*Tyson*

Smash Ace
Princess Peach's Castle as a hub world was amazing, easily my favorite. I agree, jumping into paintings made it that much better!

Also, it's like a year old news, but did anyone remember the stuff from last years E3 when they had a bunch of retro titles as demos for the 3DS and Reggie said they would be coming to the 3DS ( as 3D Classics i believe)

Here was a list of them

Mega Man 2
Castlevania
Urban Champion
Kid Icarus
Yoshi's Island
Smash Ping Pong
Mario Bros.
Super Mario Bros.
Tennis
The Legend of Zelda
Metroid
Mystery of Murasame Castle

and the link: http://www.1up.com/news/mega-man-2-yoshi-island

I am beyond excited for these

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I liked jumping into the graffiti more. I disliked Galaxy's hub the most. It was a failed rendition of 64s IMO.

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
I have it but the online isn't as good as I thought. It's still a great game and better than SSF. There is a lot of lag for some odd reason and now it is hard to find players suddenly.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
it doesnt lag for me...lemme get your info later and we can see if we lag....I love that game

and I love how everyone plays online

you: jab jab stop
opponent: tries to counter like 8 times
you: grab combo -> damage damage damage

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
^

I just wish I had it - 3DS and DoA. Getting heartily sick of DoA4's multiplayer because it's so hard to find a decent matchup. Not to mention the huge grade boundaries.

:phone:

D

Deleted member

I really am loving Link's Awakening! Weird how a $5 downloadable game is better than every 3DS game I have.

Dodongo

rly likes smoke
BRoomer
Yeah, it stops after you beat the dungeon that contains the power bracelet.

I think new VC games are coming out tomorrow! Japan got Double Dragon, Donkey Kong, Qix, and Fortress of Fury.

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
Sunday will definitely be a good day. Zelda comes out. I will have to make sure I get it before going to work. Even so it'll still be hard to concentrate knowing I have it. The gamestop here isn't going to do a midnight release.

:phone:

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
The biased gamestop only sees games like FPS, HALO, and MADDEN worthy of midnight releases. And they do one too many midnight releases.

REMEMBER WHEN A MIDNIGHT RELEASE MEANT SOMETHING!?!

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Oh, lol. I remember doing that for MvC3 (going to walmart), then walking to the nearby gamestop to meet my friends and nearly boasting that I didn't need a preorder to get my game at midnight.

I hate gamestop.

Top Bottom