• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo Press Conference

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
:link:
This is good. I was starting to think Nintendo would forget the hardcore. I guess Reggie was right after all el oh el. :laugh:
I've always liked Reggie though.

It's good to finally hear who's publishing the Conduit. That just makes the game even bigger since Nintendo accepted those features. I love it.

Read!
To take away anyones confusion hear, when people are saying a new Mario RPG, they are referring to the Mario & Luigi series, not the Legendary Mario RPG itself.
So, don't plan to see Mallow/Geno/etc in the main story line.

ozg82889

Smash Journeyman
Which...are the same game, right? I only ever played the Dreamcast one, but I was under the assumption JSRF was just a port of said Dreamcast game to XBOX.

There is the occasional rumor that goes around about how SEGA's considering that. I too would absolutely love for a sequel to maybe my favorite DC game to be put on Wii...
they are different games. similar story and gameplay but the xbox one isn't a port.

Snowstalker

Smash Ace
Anyone noticed that, instead of a new Pikmin, they're just porting it to the Wii? Nice.

Still, the Mario & Luigi game looks interesting, as does the DSi.

Deception

Smash Ace
Anyone noticed that, instead of a new Pikmin, they're just porting it to the Wii? Nice.

They didn't say that was all they were doing. They are making a Pikmin game, but the first Pikmin is already made, they're just porting it.

Darkslash

Smash Master

This isn't Pikmin Wii. Its part of a Best of Gamecube revival thing. Its either Gamecube disc re-released or its actual Wii updates.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
:link:
I really doubt this is going to happen, but how about The Legend Of Zelda: Master Quest port with revamped graphics? I would pee my pants if this happens!

Oh, and I'm sure Melee fans will want Melee to be ported. Somehow it'll make it have a "comeback". I really hope this doesn't happen so we have to hear another 6 months worth of gayness. >_>

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
Yeah, but with this you'd just be using what Nintendo has already given you. That's REALLY easy.
For *ahem* some of us it's already as easy as downloading the game then putting it on an SD card. It really can't get much easier.

Delta_BP26

Smash Ace
Oh god I just came.

Oh my god. **** YOU E3!!!! NINTENDO IS BACK!!!

Oh, and F-Zero WX. PLEASE NINTENDO. WX.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
All Nintendo needs now is Star Fox and F-Zero and they'll have me back...

But Cave Story for WiiWare makes me feel happy inside.

derek.haines

Smash Ace
This isn't Pikmin Wii. Its part of a Best of Gamecube revival thing. Its either Gamecube disc re-released or its actual Wii updates.
I'm glad to see it. With the Wii already having outsold the Gamecube considerably, it's nice to see some of the better games get a second chance at a wider audience. Plus, I have big holes in my Gamecube library that I'm eager to fill with Nintendo awesomeness.

I just noticed.

The GBA slot when to hell. *Cries*
Eh, just a reason not to get rid of your existing DS/GBA.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Darkslash said:
YES best PC game evar./
He wouldn't be too far off the mark there...

Sin and Punishment 2:Now with more Jetpack=SOLD.
Either a jetpack...or the weird Ruffian powers Saki gained in the first game, if indeed this new hero has anything to do with Saki.

Its either Gamecube disc re-released or its actual Wii updates.
No, they all have newly-made Wii controls. Of the games they've announced, the only one I'll buy is Chibi-Robo, since I already own all the others, and unless they add in more levels for Jungle Beat or something, I'm not buying it again, for the same reason I won't buy Okami on Wii.

The Executive said:
I am so buying the NHK game.
I know. I'm so tempted. Even if I couldn't understand anything that's going on, just the very concept alone is so preposterous...

------------

WHEEEEE! MORE STUFF!!

>The DSi releases in Europe next Spring, so in theory the US will get it before then (like they usually do). Apparently "well into" is Reggie's way of saying "one or two months".

>DSi in Europe Spring 2009, so hopefully earlier for US

>Videos of...
Punch-Out!!
Sin & Punishment 2
AC w/Wii Speak
The Conduit
(HOLY GOD THIS LOOKS PRETTY)
Let's Tap (seems ridiculously innovative, actually)
Echoes of Time (this looks dumb. The Wii version looks exactly like the DS version, only to compensate for the lack of dual screens...well, just watch the video, and you'll see)

http://www.nintendowiifanboy.com/2008/10/02/six-of-our-favorite-media-summit-videos/

-----------

And some not-so-good news: CLICK ME

Now I know I'm not buying any of the Wii-makes except Chibi-Robo, and then only because I can't find the GCN version anywhere but the internet. This really makes me worried about the Prime re-releases...

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
COMON Wii CONTROL WIND WAKER!! MAYBE NOW I WILL BUY YOU!
Don't count on it.

Pikmin
Analog Stick = move Olimar
A = Throw Pikmin
B = Call Pikmin

Jungle Beat
Analog Stick = Move DK
A = Jump
B = Clap

The most I can see motion controls being used for is maybe rotating the camera, or something.

And if those're anything to go by (which they are), then I could see Prime controlling without actually aiming at the screen, and Windwaker playing just like it always has.

...At least...at least the boxes'll look pretty...right?

Wolfgang457

Smash Journeyman
Oh my god there are so many games that look good right now.

Punch Out Wii- this announcement just pretty much made my whole month as I can honestly say that I've been anticipating a new Punch Out since the SNES one.

Sin and Punishment 2- about **** time

new "tales of" game

Klonoa remake- I love that game

Taiko Drum Master!

Cave Story- OMG this is an instabuy!

A new DS I may actually upgrade to.

This conference all around was just fmazing, I also anticipate some of the gamecube remakes to fill out my collection a bit.

Also does anyone know any additional info about that one 2D hack n slash game from the montage near the end? That's one game that definitely surprised me but looks like it could awesome.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Also does anyone know any additional info about that one 2D hack n slash game from the montage near the end? That's one game that definitely surprised me but looks like it could awesome.
I had to dig a while to find out what that was, since it caught my eye too, and all I could find was:

It's called "Shining Force Feather", so I logically assume it's part of SEGA's semi-good Shining series. I don't know if it'll be a Fire Emblem-esque tRPG like the earlier games, or a pseudo-real time action game like some of the more recent games, as either genre could be applied to the little snippet of footage buried in that video montage. One of the screenshots suggest it to be along the lines of the latter (an Action RPG, rather than a tactical one), but I still think it could go either way.

Pictures!

shadowtroop

Smash Ace
club nintendo...
DSi...
club nintendo...
punchout...
club nintendo...
voice chat channel...
club nintendo...

NINTY DOES CARE!!
*sob* *sob*

did I mention club nintendo?

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Speaking of Club Nintendo...I really, really hope I can take all the games I've already registered PINs for on my MyNintendo account, and redeem them for points.

...Because I could probably buy the entirety of NCL with all the stuff I've bought over the years. :laugh:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
A Klonoa game...the first one, no less...on a Nintendo console?:eek: Hades just had a snowstorm.

This is marvelous! :joyful: I've rented the first game once and loved it. I wouldn't mind having one or both versions.

If there were any doubts as to who would be the Namco representative in the next SSB, they should relieved now.;)

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
If there were any doubts as to who would be the Namco representative in the next SSB, they should relieved now.;)
Well, it is just a remake...but he'd be a better rep than Pac-Man, and as cool as Nightmare is, he's not really Smash Bros. material, y'know?

Oh, and there were two original Klonoa games on the GBA, so this is hardly the first time the Dream Traveler's appeared on a Nintendo console. ;)

derek.haines

Smash Ace
Speaking of Club Nintendo...I really, really hope I can take all the games I've already registered PINs for on my MyNintendo account, and redeem them for points.

...Because I could probably buy the entirety of NCL with all the stuff I've bought over the years. :laugh:
****! And here I thought registering those things would never get me anything! It's nice to get the feature, but I'll probably end up spending a day or more just registering everything now that I have a real reason to...

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Is FE: shadow dragon not coming out on wii?
that sucks.
I actually prefer the games on portables, even if the guys who make Fire Emblem don't. I like my console games to be a bit more visually engaging that N64-quality models moving around a grid and smacking each other.

Plus the battle animations are WAY cooler in the handheld versions.

@derek: If you can get ahold of either of the GBA Klonoas, you'll have a good idea of how the games work. *coughemulatorcough*

Mr.Victory07

Smash Lord
Wow, this was a really good press event, almost makes up for E3/all of 2008.
S&P2 looks really nice, and I may get a DSi. And its dissapoiting that the Wii-makes are only slightly graphical

Puddin

Smash Lord
Sony doesn't stand a chance in the hand held market now.

I'm definitely getting a DSi, I might wait for them to drop the price though (even if I don't know what it will be yet) but they probably won't until after 2010 so you get no Nintendo Points. lol.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
A) Why is everyone so quick to forget everything Nintendo's done so far just because of this? Nearly EVERYONE is all of a sudden like "I completely forgive Nintendo!" except for those who didn't doubt them in the first place. It sounds good and all but let's not count our chickens before they hatch, especially since I don't really think Nintendo's earned the benefit of the doubt here.

B) If people honestly buy remakes of the same game merely with motion controls you're only encouraging motion sensor the way it's been so far; they add it on, and NOTHING MORE, and they still manage to sell the games like crazy. Do what you will, but I don't intend to buy any of them unless there is a significant change other than that to the game, although I severely doubt it.
And Darkslash, no offense, but I can't believe you wouldn't buy Wind Waker before (from the sounds of it anyways, and I presume because it looked stupid or kiddy?) but now that it would have motion sensor you want it. Ugh.

Hell, I think I wouldn't buy the Gamecube remakes partially just because I'm totally opposed to the concept. The other part is because I don't want any of the games I don't have, and of those that I do have, I'm NOT paying extra so I can have motion controls. I know some people thought the Prime games had bad controls, I honestly didn't find them that bad and I'd rather play the original anyways.

Bah, I suppose since everyone's going back to Nintendo now I'm going to be alone again?

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
You're not alone. At least until they announce a Star Fox and F-Zero game.

M.K

Level 55
I'm with Firus.

None of this stuff really excites me at all. I'm fine with my DS Lite, and I don't care for a camera that takes crappy pictures and a music player with crappy audio quality.
The games are meh. I'm waiting for my F-Zero, Nintendo!!
Oh well, at least I have Animal Crossing....

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Yeah.

I'm pretty much heard 'Cave Story' and 'Nintendo is publishing the Conduit'.

Not much else.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
@Firus: The Wiimakes aren't really for people like you and me. The Wii's already nearly outsold the Gamecube twice over, and even then, remember that for a lot of these Wii-makes, most people didn't even play them on their console of origin. So for some people, this is a second chance to play super-good games like Jungle Beat and Chibi-Robo that they (for whatever reason) missed the first go-round, while for (I imagine most) others, it's a slew of high-quality software they've never heard of before.

Yeah, it's silly from our perspective (though I can't wait to finally be able to find a copy of Chibi-Robo), but it's not like it's costing Ninty any sizable amount of money or development time, so why complain when so much good is done for so little?

SkylerOcon said:
I'm pretty much heard 'Cave Story' and 'Nintendo is publishing the Conduit'.
Exactly. :bee:

Top Bottom