• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
So here's an easier to follow version of the regional Alola dex locations (by island).

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/121901/alola_dex.pdf

Spoilers obviously.
*looks at it*
*lets out tiny screams about every 2-3 seconds*
There's around 71 pokemon in this region I want to catch. I count evolutionary lines as 1, and not 3, for the sake of keeping the number low.
Still.......71 to choose from, and one of them will be mermaid popplio for sure......decisions decisions......

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Nah, trust me, I've tried. I understand why it's easy for most people, but since I was a kid I've been TERRIBLE with pens and pencils. My hand is shaky and highly scribblely. Most elementary schoolers have better hand writing and art.

I'll probably stick to writing and modeling. :p Though my GF is an artist, so perhaps she could help me out.
I gave up on drawing years ago.

I just can to the conclution I'll never be good no matter how hard I tried and threw out my chickenscratch called "drawings" and never drew again

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I actually tried to draw on multiple occasions, I even took multiple art classes and had multiple people assist me. I just can't draw. Though I still have some pics saved of my "art". Though perhaps I just need to develop a passion for it.

Actually, I am good at painting though.
Painting is actually not too unlike drawing...You're basically molding shapes out of blotches of paint on a canvas and refine the edges as well as blending colours and values together to show form
Drawing is literally nothing more than just indicating a bunch of edges, sometimes just loosely sketching and not worrying about how messy things get can help you work shapes into better forms...I always like to sketch as if I'm painting, but just the edges and slowly try to mold shapes into what I want them to be...
This is why you need to work at drawing softly with the pencil at first and then build into darker lines and values as you go...

Having a good understanding on how shapes and objects sit in space can help...sometimes even imagining your subject is a wireframe in a way and try to visualize how the forms bend around itself and how things sit in perspective...

Sometimes if you're having trouble it's just a matter of finding other methods to get better...experiment with different technique to find what works...

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I still draw terrible things to this day. . .much less so than I did a couple years ago, though. I think I might have decent observational skills but I'm completely impatient and I tend to throw that out in favor of just attempting to draw a vague mental image as fast as I can and failing.

At least when I'm fingerpainting using the scrollpad of a laptop it usually . . .not always at all but usually. . .comes out recognizable. That's a plus. I feel like it comes out slightly better on Nintendo systems or paper since it's faster that way but then again probably not by much and definitely not always.

D

Deleted member

Painting is actually not too unlike drawing...You're basically molding shapes out of blotches of paint on a canvas and refine the edges as well as blending colours and values together to show form
Drawing is literally nothing more than just indicating a bunch of edges, sometimes just loosely sketching and not worrying about how messy things get can help you work shapes into better forms...I always like to sketch as if I'm painting, but just the edges and slowly try to mold shapes into what I want them to be...
This is why you need to work at drawing softly with the pencil at first and then build into darker lines and values as you go...

Having a good understanding on how shapes and objects sit in space can help...sometimes even imagining your subject is a wireframe in a way and try to visualize how the forms bend around itself and how things sit in perspective...

Sometimes if you're having trouble it's just a matter of finding other methods to get better...experiment with different technique to find what works...
Oh, I meant painting as in painting models and such, also deciding colors. :p Just coloring in general. It's strange because I know how drawing works, but my hand is rather sloppy. Then again, I probably over-analyze everything before I even start, I usually get stressed out and end up just drawing something funny instead. :p Since my imperfect lines dont really mean much there, I tend to do that more whenever I draw.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Working on Minecraft textures actually made me better at working with colors and shading

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
My drawings recently are more or less circles/ oblongs molded together into shapes with curved lines connecting them and textures added after that.

I think it works, I get proportion pretty easily doing it like that

Last edited:

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Oh, I meant painting as in painting models and such, also deciding colors. :p Just coloring in general. It's strange because I know how drawing works, but my hand is rather sloppy. Then again, I probably over-analyze everything before I even start, I usually get stressed out and end up just drawing something funny instead. :p Since my imperfect lines dont really mean much there, I tend to do that more whenever I draw.
Well honestly that seems like you just need to work on loosening up when drawing...believe it or not drawing is a bit of a work out in a way...similarly to going for a run or workout you actually want to warm-up first...Sometimes literally just doodling is a good enough warm-up and just feeling the pencil making contact with the paper, or perhaps repetitive shapes like drawing dozens of circles and squares to just get yourself in the groove...

As a creature designer one warm-up I like to do is somewhat of a set of strange assymetrical mirrored images that are jsut random amalgamations of creature parts and sometimes I actually come up with some really neat concepts...

A lot of artist fall into a trap of trying to make everything a masterpiece...when a lot of professional artists draw a whole lot of **** on their off time...a lot of them literally spend all day drawing a bunch of random crap in their sketchbooks and they never show it to anyone because they are mostly drawing without purpose for these sketches...

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
Man, the comments, albeit only 4 or so, are pretty good.
Doing a bit of schoolwork, but then I'll post a page of my journal for a class I used to do some drawing, the drawing is amateur level, but I'm proud of it.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
I'm a flipping macaroon.
I'm going to install Wine instead of doing this Windows XP partition my SSD stuff.
Runs Emperor fine, so I've seen.

Chrono.

Bruh, I was just watching a video on YouTube and it got killed for copyright in the middle of watching it (not literally).

Rude.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Rich of ReviewtechUSA is complaining about Nintendo showing off Skyrim on the Nintendo Switch even though it's not on the console

Last edited:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Rich of ReviewtechUSA is complaining about Nintendo showing off Skyrim on the Nintendo Switch even though it's not on the console
It'll probably be released on the console, they just don't want to confirm it yet.

That or it really is just a way for Bethesda to say "We're working with Nintendo now." Which is sorta weird cause, why not Fallout 4?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It'll probably be released on the console, they just don't want to confirm it yet.

That or it really is just a way for Bethesda to say "We're working with Nintendo now." Which is sorta weird cause, why not Fallout 4?
Those companies specifically collaborated with Nintendo in the making of the trailer, it's not like Nintendo just put on some 3rd party titles randomly

Mythzotick

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SKY1ice
3DS FC
2724-0959-8115
On the topic of salt, when I saw this...

This was my reaction.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
This week just won't stop won't it?

Sun and Moon Demo (and datamine)
Nintendo Switch
New Korn album (which they just released in it's entirety on their Youtube, it's pretty decent)

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
People being positive about a new Nintendo console on "Smash"boards, in a thread called Nintenzone? The humanity! :rolleyes:
I wonder if it's the same for Sony on the PlayStation forums.

Though it's pretty unlikely since most of Sony's platforms have been successful to this day (with the exception of the Vita, PSP, and the PS3 to a lesser extent).

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
This week just won't stop won't it?

Sun and Moon Demo (and datamine)
Nintendo Switch
New Korn album (which they just released in it's entirety on their Youtube, it's pretty decent)
One of these things is not like the other...

I haven't posted here much since the big reveal.

I am a happy weebo today.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The Phillipines has severed ties with the US

It has allied itself with China and is in talks with Putin

They want the 3 of them to go against the US

D

Deleted member

As I explained earlier, they're definitely developing it. They just haven't 'announced' it. Much like how most games in the trailer aren't 'announced' yet.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
One of these things is not like the other...

I haven't posted here much since the big reveal.

I am a happy weebo today.
You're right...

Korn's the only one that actually released something...others were either just a demo or a reveal...:p

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
As I explained earlier, they're definitely developing it. They just haven't 'announced' it. Much like how most games in the trailer aren't 'announced' yet.
I think the fact that both companies that were in the trailer used THE EXACT same line about neither confirming nor denying means they were told to say that by Nintendo

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
The reveal for the Switch has over 7 million views...

Holy Crap.

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
This is likely one of the best weeks of my life, so many good things have happened.
And it's not even over yet.
RWBY Volume 4 hasn't even premiered yet. Once it does, THEN the week can end. On a high, red (like rose) note.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom