• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NJ/NY Rankings: New Rankings 9/25/12!!!

Eazy23

Smash Lord
Wow Kai, why did you even include me in that "telling them what they want to hear" comment?

I am simply questioning a mechanic of the game. I feel as though it is possible for sonic to time out ike. Most people do not have the patience or the nerve to do so, but it doesn't change what COULD be done. I'm not giving Inui any johns, I asked him a question that I don't think he answered.

I'm not stupid, Inui will do this.

Inui- Wow w/e I loss to sonic with Ike that match is horrible for Ike.
Someone else- what? Really? Why do you think so?
Inui- Sonic can easily time out ike and never ever approach ftw.

This completely distracts people from what ACTUALLY happens in Inui's sets vs sonic. The fact that Sonic ***** Ike by running away and never ever approaching and winning by the timer is ONLY RELEVANT IF THAT IS WHAT IS HAPPENING TO INUI.

Its like saying MAAAAN marth gets wrecked by ics and thats why I lost after losing to atomsk, when in all actuality he never got a grab on me anyway lol.

But that doesn't make his claims of sonic being able to clock out ike wrong, regardless if that is the reason he is losing or not.

Allied

Smash Master
Wow Kai, why did you even include me in that "telling them what they want to hear" comment?

I am simply questioning a mechanic of the game. I feel as though it is possible for sonic to time out ike. Most people do not have the patience or the nerve to do so, but it doesn't change what COULD be done. I'm not giving Inui any johns, I asked him a question that I don't think he answered.

This completely distracts people from what ACTUALLY happens in Inui's sets vs sonic. The fact that Sonic ***** Ike by running away and never ever approaching and winning by the timer is ONLY RELEVANT IF THAT IS WHAT IS HAPPENING TO INUI.

Its like saying MAAAAN marth gets wrecked by ics and thats why I lost after losing to atomsk, when in all actuality he never got a grab on me anyway lol.

But that doesn't make his claims of sonic being able to clock out ike wrong, regardless if that is the reason he is losing or not.

Do you realize how mad you are going to make king inui when he sees this

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master

I included you because you will never agree with me and in the past 2 discussions we've had my achievements were the only ones being diminished.

Any character who can outrun another cannot clock out the character without getting hit. This entire point is like saying Falcon beats every character that he's faster than because of the timer and can safely jump over them if they need to

Eazy23

Smash Lord
Man relax, I am not involved in this discussion to diminish anything or anyone.

Also, relax with the whole " I PLAY SONIC SO I KNOW WHATS UP" talk please. You play sonic the WAY you CHOOSE to play sonic. Blue use to time SO MANY PEOPLE OUT. There are other sonic players who would never do it, because it is not their style. You are not the epitome of what Sonic can do in every single situation, regardless of how amazing you are with the character.

I have been working on new time out strategies with marth that I KNOW no other marth does. These strategies COULD give me auto wins vs certain characters if I perfect them and choose to do them. I still might not do them because it is extremely boring tho.

You choose to interact with ike, thus you take risk. If you limit or erase the number of times you initiate interaction with ike, you make the mu alot easier on yourself.

I play falco alot. I can literally lose falco vs ike to keitaro when I choose to fight him. Like I'm TRYING to out fight him, but he wins. But when I say hmm, I'm just going to laser him forever....things go waaaay differently.

If you aren't committing yourself to staying away from Ike, because honestly maybe you just don't feel the need to, you are giving him more opportunity to hurt you THAT is the point. It has nothing to do with YOU unless you honestly identify yourself with Sonic on that kind of level.

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
Relax? This isn't making me annoyed and I don't think I'm being offensive at all.

I can't get away from the "I play the character so I know better than you". I think experience counts for more than theory battles or discussing it.

Blue timing people out could be bc they don't know what to do. I call him faking them out so that he can get away skill in his playstyle.

MalcolmM

Smash Lord
Sonic's aerial movement speed blows. He is fast in the air during b move specials (where he is incredibly vulnerable) His actual aerial movement...like after an Up-b is abysmal. Its somewhere around bottom 10 in the game. He is way slower than Ike once he Up-bs.

Chen Li Cha

Smash Journeyman
Falco beats Ike because he camped with lasers

Sonic can't shoot lasers. Someone answer this, if Ike starts out winning by one hit, how can you run away to win? All stages are not FD? Answer.

Eazy23

Smash Lord
Wow chen are you serious?

Just so you know, there is a difference between disagreeing with the fact that sonic can out run ike and claiming that he loses because ike is so powerful and blah blah blah.

I think If someone like spam played sonic, they would wreck ike really badly.

Most of the time Ike hits people is because of mutual interaction. Both characters decided to FIGHT. I think alot of characters could play really really really gay using their speed to not get hit. Regardless of whether ike gets the first hit, sonic can still hit him back at some point. Ike doesn't have the speed that sonic does. At most sonic will DEF get grabs which will do damage.

Edit- Everyone fails at reading right now. I and Doom as well have stated that sonic out running ike until the timer is not percieved as EASY by either of us, only possible. It makes Sense. So it someone basis sonic ****** ike on THIS factor because they have played sonics who played without approaching I see it to be valid.

Eazy23

Smash Lord
Well if you're not and you're just trolling I couldn't tell. I know you well enough to know you have real opinions on stuff like this even if you post like you're making fun of stuff.

daisho

Smash Lord
Haha, I was gonna post something like 3 pages ago... so happy I didn't :)

Anyway good **** to remix for standing up for yourself.
20 dollar MM?
Kingz vs. Remix... the battle of the NJ 12 year olds...

Eazy23

Smash Lord
If it's not easy then I assume it requires skill. Getting out played doesnt make a matchup bad.
What does that even mean? Ice climbers cg requires skill, and many people can not do it. Does that mean that ice climbers don't beat the people that they beat?

BIGM1994

Smash Champion
Haha, I was gonna post something like 3 pages ago... so happy I didn't :)

Anyway good **** to remix for standing up for yourself.
20 dollar MM?
Kingz vs. Remix... the battle of the NJ 12 year olds...
lol tbh remix didnt post that, kingz did on his profile, he was logged in through internet on my computer. in Janurary they should do a 20$ MM...seriously

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
Alright, I just read the thread, and while there was some good stuff in there (Thank you Kai, Eazy, Doom), there was still a lot of trash. I noted Keitaro stating that he didn't care if people spammed in here. Well, guess what? I don't really care. As said by Keitaro and Chibo, mods will deal with it. I will be VERY liberal with the report button in this thread. It's not in the Tea Room, because it's a serious thread. Fortunately, it has not yet degraded to the point of the previous thread (or it would be pointless to have even read through it). I expect it to stay that way.

At any rate, we've worn out the Sonic vs. Ike MU discussion. As Inui said (and this truthfully is the wisest decision as far as I can see), matches will be judged on an individual basis. I have faith in Kai's honesty, so if we are considering a win against his Sonic to count, we can do smart stuff like just ask him if he was going to use Diddy if he had the choice.

However, regardless of character preference, low-tiers matches that place in the money will count towards rankings. Don't tell me you were just entering to screw around and didn't really care when you were about to place third or higher and there was actual money on the line. At that point, it's just like a MM. It takes skill to get that far in this region, and they players you'll be fighting will be competent with their characters.

I believe that the votes are 4-1 in favor of a top ten instead of a top 15, so Inui, you have been outvoted. I'm sorry, but 10 ten in NJ just has such a more significant ring than top 15. Trust me, I know, because Bleachigo wouldn't shut up when he got ranked 14, and now he goes around talking about top 10. If he does it again, maybe I'll be impressed.
You're on your way though kid, even though you suck. Keep up the good work.

Just to clarify again, it does not count against you if you lose a set in any event. I could lose to Shippo on Saturday, and while it would be seriously investigated and people would dodge me assuming that the swine flu affected my ability to play, Shippo would benefit (assuming that it was confirmed I had not merely thrown said set) but I would not be negatively affected by the loss.
And no, I do not have swine. I think I had it in June, so I don't even think I can get it now. Please do not turn this into a swine flu joke thread just because I made one joke, that is what Kosha Boy thread is for.

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
What does that even mean? Ice climbers cg requires skill, and many people can not do it. Does that mean that ice climbers don't beat the people that they beat?
I don't know much about IC's so my info is limited. As far as I know the CG is much easier on Fox than other characters taking less skill. I'd say Fox is easier as a matchup with less skill required. Same as Snake vs Sonic. Some characters who have to time an attack to stop his spind dash takes more skill than someone who can just hold jab like snake

Pierce: Question regarding the low tiers counting for matches in the money.....does this count for anyone in the money range or just those who main low tiers

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Pretty sure it's a different strain, Dan, so you can still get it. It's swine flu strain mixed with seasonal flu. Just saying so you're still careful.

Kai: Snake vs Sonic isn't that easy. Sonic can get through Snake's jab, and it's so annoying to catch Sonic. This is one of the reasons why I went Wolf on you instead of Snake so long ago.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Just swinging by in here to support the fact that Ike doesn't lose to Sonic as hard as some people believe. More like a 45:55 Sonic, or something along those lines.

And no, Sonic can't run away. It doesn't work.

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
Sonic's aerial movement speed blows. He is fast in the air during b move specials (where he is incredibly vulnerable) His actual aerial movement...like after an Up-b is abysmal. Its somewhere around bottom 10 in the game. He is way slower than Ike once he Up-bs.
Sonic is the sixth fastest character in the air.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
If two people had identical standard singles accomplishments, but one decides to actively participate in low tier singles and the other does not, how does this affect their placement on the rankings?

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Inui logic: The one who enters low tiers and can use more characters is a better smasher overall, and should be ranked accordingly.

That's right, folks, have multiple mains and you're better than mew2king and adhd.

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
Yes!: You have to have equal accomplishments for that to even be a factor.

I actually think that's a fair tiebreaker. Doubles can't be used as a tiebreaker/indicator of overall Smash skill due to it having its own ranking. If two people have equal "resumes", so to speak, and one performs significantly better in an otherwise unweighed format, it indicates some form of an extra set of skills.

★J.G WentWorth★

Smash Champion
Just to clarify again, it does not count against you if you lose a set in any event. I could lose to Shippo on Saturday, and while it would be seriously investigated and people would dodge me assuming that the swine flu affected my ability to play, Shippo would benefit (assuming that it was confirmed I had not merely thrown said set) but I would not be negatively affected by the loss.
Are you serious? Can another panelist please confirm that losses aren't supposed to count against you? I wasn't ranked this season because of my losses in the beginning of the last season. But I beat like Shadow(who was #1 in NY at the time) and Eazy(who was #9 in NJ at the time) towards the end of the season. But Inui and Ksizzle said I wasn't getting ranked because of my losses in the beginning of the season.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Sonic is the sixth fastest character in the air.
Are you serious?? Vertically he may be the fastest but horizontally, aka how long it takes to jump over the person, Sonic is horribly slow.

If two people had identical standard singles accomplishments, but one decides to actively participate in low tier singles and the other does not, how does this affect their placement on the rankings?
Sadly I'm pretty sure the low tier player will get ranked higher. But this is as long as he has notable wins in low tiers also.

And no, I do not have swine. I think I had it in June, so I don't even think I can get it now. Please do not turn this into a swine flu joke thread just because I made one joke, that is what Kosha Boy thread is for.
Interesting. You're speaking something that I actually agree with.

@ Eazy: I may have told you before, but the way you debate can sometimes be demeaning. You usually start off the first sentence with something that could be offensive. I'm not the only who believes this. IE: "Why are you so mad?" "Wow, are you serious about what you just said?" "Are you logically thinking about what you're typing right now." "Everyone can't read right now"

Luckily Kai doesn't get bothered by it somehow.

Also it is near impossible for someone to run away from another person for an entire 8 minutes. Spam camps hardcore but usually wins without the timer, but still camps. He is also a great great player so even if he isn't in the lead, he will get it, run, but still attack, cause you have to. You can't just run, you WILL get hit eventually unless you're planking, completely under the stage, or your opponent is just brain dead.
Are you serious? Can another panelist please confirm that losses aren't supposed to count against you? I wasn't ranked this season because of my losses in the beginning of the last season. But I beat like Shadow(who was #1 in NY at the time) and Eazy(who was #9 in NJ at the time) towards the end of the season. But Inui and Ksizzle said I wasn't getting ranked because of my losses in the beginning of the season.
I'm pretty sure this is a new standard that's being put in. Sorry If I'm incorrect, but I wasn't apart of the panel last season so I don't know of all the new rules they made up, but usually people that you lose to count, but not for this season.

Chen Li Cha

Smash Journeyman
Ok, so Pierce, you beat M2K,ADHD and ALLY but loose only to Meepo but I beat M2K,ADHD and Ally too, but I also beet Meepo. Then I loose to garbage man 1, 2,3,4,5. Losses don't count against me, do I get ranked above you?

★J.G WentWorth★

Smash Champion
I'm pretty sure this is a new standard that's being put in. Sorry If I'm incorrect, but I wasn't apart of the panel last season so I don't know of all the new rules they made up, but usually people that you lose to count, but not for this season.
Alright cool I just want to make sure so the same thing that happened last season doesn't happen again. So was it agreed upon by all panelist that from now on losses don't affect you in any way?

Allied

Smash Master
Alright, I just read the thread, and while there was some good stuff in there (Thank you Kai, Eazy, Doom), there was still a lot of trash. I noted Keitaro stating that he didn't care if people spammed in here. Well, guess what? I don't really care. As said by Keitaro and Chibo, mods will deal with it. I will be VERY liberal with the report button in this thread. It's not in the Tea Room, because it's a serious thread. Fortunately, it has not yet degraded to the point of the previous thread (or it would be pointless to have even read through it). I expect it to stay that way.

At any rate, we've worn out the Sonic vs. Ike MU discussion. As Inui said (and this truthfully is the wisest decision as far as I can see), matches will be judged on an individual basis. I have faith in Kai's honesty, so if we are considering a win against his Sonic to count, we can do smart stuff like just ask him if he was going to use Diddy if he had the choice.

However, regardless of character preference, low-tiers matches that place in the money will count towards rankings. Don't tell me you were just entering to screw around and didn't really care when you were about to place third or higher and there was actual money on the line. At that point, it's just like a MM. It takes skill to get that far in this region, and they players you'll be fighting will be competent with their characters.

I believe that the votes are 4-1 in favor of a top ten instead of a top 15, so Inui, you have been outvoted. I'm sorry, but 10 ten in NJ just has such a more significant ring than top 15. Trust me, I know, because Bleachigo wouldn't shut up when he got ranked 14, and now he goes around talking about top 10. If he does it again, maybe I'll be impressed.
You're on your way though kid, even though you suck. Keep up the good work.

What happens if malcolm decides to go sonic again, but theres certain low tier matchups he would use wario against would we rely on his honesty i mean he can honestly say he would of used wario in any low tier scenario >.>

was this low tier standard voted apon?

and what do you mean it doesn't count against you fi you lose a set in any event?

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
No Keitaro, I'm talking about horizontal aerial speed.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=167952

You can clearly tell that Sonic moves quickly in the air, lol. Just do a second jump over the edge with him, you'll notice he goes quite far.
Good findings then.

But what about actually getting away? His second jump is minimal compared to Diddy's forward B and Falco's forward B. Not sure how Sonic's B moves in the air work.

I just would like to see someone time out a Ike with Sonic to see if it's possible.

★J.G WentWorth★

Smash Champion
Lol fcuk Sonic. Someone(panelists) answer thesee.

Ok, so Pierce, you beat M2K,ADHD and ALLY but loose only to Meepo but I beat M2K,ADHD and Ally too, but I also beet Meepo. Then I loose to garbage man 1, 2,3,4,5. Losses don't count against me, do I get ranked above you?
Alright cool I just want to make sure so the same thing that happened last season doesn't happen again. So was it agreed upon by all panelist that from now on losses don't affect you in any way?
What happens if malcolm decides to go sonic again, but theres certain low tier matchups he would use wario against would we rely on his honesty i mean he can honestly say he would of used wario in any low tier scenario >.>

was this low tier standard voted apon?

and what do you mean it doesn't count against you fi you lose a set in any event?

BleachigoZX

Smash Master
Well I have my wins from my first 2 tourneys, hopefully I get better.

I'm not sure how high I'll this season with these results :(

VC6
Ian
Izumi
Gunblade

Bums Gamer
Professer MGW
Red X (NY)
Cable
HoodSquirrel
Wes
PatG