• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

No Bull****!: A Meta-Knight BANNED Tournament! PLUS Mid-Tier Side Tourney

Cruxis

Smash Lord
NO BULL****!: A Meta-Knight BANNED Tournament! PLUS Mid-Tier Side Tourney​

Address: A&C Games Venue, 702a Spadina Avenue
Main Intersection: Bloor & Spadina
Where: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Date: Saturday, August 13th, 2011

META KNIGHT IS BANNED. No Meta Knight in Doubles, or Singles. I dont even wanna see him in friendlies, spare my ears the sound of that disgusting tornado

There will be a Mid Tier Side Event starting around 5 - 6 PM. Only the following characters will be eligible:

Middle
D: :fox: :wolf: :peach:
E: :dk2: :kirby2: :rob: :pit: :sonic:
F: :ike: :sheilda: :luigi2: :sheik: :ness2: :yoshi2: :pt:

Low
G: :lucas: :mario2: :bowser2: :samus2: :falcon:
H: :link2: :jigglypuff: :zelda: :ganondorf:

I encourage everybody who secondaries a lower tier character, and especially those who main a lower tier character to join. This is the very first time we have had a Mid-Tier event in Ontario, and Im sure itll be interesting and a lot of fun

Prices:
Venue Fee: $10
Brawl Singles: $10
Brawl Doubles: $10 per person ($20 per team)
Mid-Tier Side Event: $5

Payout for all events:

1st: 60%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 10%

Schedule:

10 am -11 pm

10 am: Doors open
10:30 am: Registration begins
11:30 am: Brawl Doubles begin
Brawl singles will begin ASAP

BRAWL RULE SET

3 stock
8 minute time limit
Best 2 of 3.
finals matches (losers/winners/grand) best 3 of 5
Double Elimination
50 Ledge grab rule ( if you time out each other in a match and you go over 50 ledge grabs you lose that match. )
Items are OFF including smash ball
* If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.

* Resolving Ties: If percents are the same or both players die simultaneously, there will be a 1 stock, 3 minute, same characters, same stage rematch.

* All sets with the exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 and above should be played out for any "finals" matches)

* In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by RPS

* You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.

* Stalling is banned.
Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while using an infinite to run out the timer rather than to score a KO is. As such, any infinite chain-grabs, locks, etc. cannot exceed 300%.

* Any action which prevents the game from continuing (i.e. by causing the game to crash or causing all characters to freeze indefinitely) is banned. If the Tournament Organizer or a judge can conclusively determine the player responsible for the failure, that player loses the interrupted game. Players are expected to know their characters and prevent this from happening.

* Some interactions (for example, a throw with a wind attack) can cause one character to become frozen until being hit. If this happens, the free character is expected to capitalize on this in a timely manner; a failure to do so is stalling.

Doubles:

• Team attack ON
• Life stealing is allowed

Set format (In Order of Procedure):
Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
Opponents start the stage striking procedure in a 1-1-2-2-2-1 fashion
Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counter picks of the set
The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
The winner of the previous match chooses their character
The loser of the previous match chooses their character
Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches
*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match

Neutral Stages: Each player can strike a stages until one stage is left. That stage is then played.

Neutral:
* Final Destination
* Battlefield
* Yoshi's Story
* Smashville
* Lylat

Stages for Counter pick:
* Frigate Orpheon
* Rainbow Cruise
* Brinstar
* Pokémon Stadium 2
* Pictochat
* Delfino
* Halberd
* Pokemon Stadium 1
* Castle Siege

Banned Stages:
*Everything Else

Stage Banning: Each player / team may select up to 1 stage that will be banned from the tournament set from the neutral/or counter pick group

Counter pick Rule: The loser of the match first chooses the stage that the next match of the set will be played on. The opponent, then, makes the choice of changing character or not. than the loser of the match selects his/her character.

If the loser of the match chooses to select the stage at random. The opponent CANNOT change character. The loser of the match than makes the choice of changing character or not.
• Excessive stalling tactics are banned.
• Controller Mods are banned
Violation of any rule is punishable by non-refunded disqualification.

Setups:

TVS:
Host : 3-5
Patches: 2
Supreme Dirt: 1-2
Poke: 2

= 8

Wiis:
Host: 1
Patches: 1
Supreme Dirt: 1
Snake23: 1
Poke: 1

= 5

Attendance List:

1. Cruxis
2. Meekspeedy
3. SkylerSilver
4. Iliad
5. Gichan
6. Snake23
7. Googs
8. Sauc3 (maybe)
9 .EXE
10. Zetsu
11. TO Joe (maybe)
12. Leafshadow
13. Poke
14. SparkX (maybe)
15. Supreme Dirt
16. Javon89
17. Patches
18. Peachy-Desu
19. HolyNightmare (maybe)
20. MPrime
21. Mr. L
22. MAR1
23. PoisonMist
24. Jupiter354
25. Inle~Orichas
26. Jasuke (maybe)
27. Culex
28. Red X

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
Oh my.
This is Interesting GTA is Stepping it up.
/Poke takes Credit.

Cruxis

Smash Lord
Cant do august 6, im working that day

I know jul 23 is kinda short notice but u got a whole week to prep still, i will try for aug 13 but ktar is that day and some ppl mite be goin

Venue will be either at 584 bloor st west or at the a &c games venue, ill edit it all tonight

:phone:

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
Cant do august 6, im working that day

I know jul 23 is kinda short notice but u got a whole week to prep still, i will try for aug 13 but ktar is that day and some ppl mite be goin

Venue will be either at 584 bloor st west or at the a &c games venue, ill edit it all tonight

Alright, I guess the 23rd is the most reasonable date. Get the info quick so I can schedule my trip.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I will try to be there.

Kind of short notice though.

No Metaknight... It's like this tournament will take SKILL or something.

Gichan

Smash Champion
Come on Swordgard, you gotta come, look at that **** talking!

And Tin's olimar vs holy's ROB? Who do you guys think will take that? I still think Holy's ROB cause man that thing is ridiculous.

Cruxis

Smash Lord
Ok everyone heres the deal.

I have one venue the bloor west that wants m to host on jul 23. But they want a 500 venue fee meaning we need at LEAST 50 ppl. I am broke i aint payin outta my pocket.

The other option is a&c venue which wants to host on aug 13. They dont any down payment so whatever number of ppl can come.

So, if we can get 40 ppl confirmed itll happen next week at bloor. If we cant, itll happen aug 13 at a&c

i1337

Smash Ace

I have one venue the bloor west that wants m to host on jul 23. But they want a 500 venue fee meaning we need at LEAST 50 ppl. I am broke i aint payin outta my pocket.

The other option is a&c venue which wants to host on aug 13. They dont any down payment so whatever number of ppl can come.

So, if we can get 40 ppl confirmed itll happen next week at bloor. If we cant, itll happen aug 13 at a&c

What's the name of the Bloor venue?

edit: wtf it's a korean restaurant?

Cruxis

Smash Lord
Ya its a restuarant lool i dont think its korean tho the guy i talked to on the phone had an indian accent, they have a separate room to rent out

Ask poke for more details he told me abt it

Tin Man

Smash Hero
This.
We all saw that fox, but my Robot is a furry destroyer =)
Matchup Johns :cool:

aug 13 = ktar 6 :/

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
I kinda doubt you'll get that many people in such a short time o.o, 500$ so damn expensive what does the venue look like? I have like till Monday to decide if I'm coming or not, was kinda hyped too :(

*Edit And yeah 13 August is kinda meh :/
Not possible to lower the venue prize or increase the venue fee to pay off?

Cruxis

Smash Lord
I just got off the phone with him, he insists on 500 no less :/. If i raise the venue fee itd be 15-20$ per person i dont think ppl would like that.

Its all up to u guys really this tourney will happen either way, we just really got get people in if we want 23.

I know 13 is kinda iffy but 6 and 20 arent available and i dont wann wait longer lol

Cruxis

Smash Lord
btw, there is NO japes, NO norfair, and if googs says hes not coming there is NO pictochat either (left it just for him lool)

when i say no bullshit i mean it

SilverDoc~

Smash Lord
Though I understand how you feel Cruxis, banning MK isn't the way to go.

Was sentinel ever banned in mvc2? Phoenix banned in mvc3? E Honda banned in Ssf4? Sagat in Sf4?

I'm not coming but I just wanted to voice my opinion, maybe you should switch your main to MK Alex.

Top Bottom