• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

No Bull****!: A Meta-Knight BANNED Tournament! PLUS Mid-Tier Side Tourney

snake23

Smash Cadet
So how much would i have to pay for the venue fee and to enter brawl singles exactly?
Also is the tournament on August 13th or july 23th please confirm the date as soon as possible.

swordgard

Smash Hero
Though I understand how you feel Cruxis, banning MK isn't the way to go.

Was sentinel ever banned in mvc2? Phoenix banned in mvc3? E Honda banned in Ssf4? Sagat in Sf4?

I'm not coming but I just wanted to voice my opinion, maybe you should switch your main to MK Alex.
MVC is a tag team game, so having 1 overcentralizing character is not an issue. Same for mvc3.

SSF4? E-Honda was not even first iirc for the most part. Sagat had similar matchups to MK, but he did not benefit from the CP system that MK does.

The comparison becomes especially trivial when you compare the amount of wins/money % won that each of them gets, MK is much more overcentralizing than any of those.

PS: All of these games are also "patched" by new releases, thats why its not as bad either.

.EXE

Smash Apprentice
Ok found it finally well I guess this is where i found the trollface being scary anyways I will attend again drag Zetsu and wii's I am confirmed to attend but I need a confirmed date/ more ppl to confirm so that this actually happens always willing to attend.

Sadly no MK tourney I actually want to play more Mk's I may have not played the best but I was still able to destroy one in under 3 minutes and yes I have the replay....... so I'm kinda stoked went back to bruce lee style of playing using the nun-chucks XD

.EXE

Smash Apprentice

Was sentinel ever banned in mvc2? Phoenix banned in mvc3? E Honda banned in Ssf4? Sagat in Sf4?

I'm not coming but I just wanted to voice my opinion, maybe you should switch your main to MK Alex.
I understand his point and with my crazy mind I agree some ppl complain too much because even though you may not be where you want to be everyone READ THIS because we're an adolescent society but even though you guys are childish at times I still view you as men and real men make no excuses because YOU have to do is figure how to do things with what you have!

Apply that to the game and apply that to life it's like when you choose a character it's like a bold statement saying that they are the best. Like my Zss that can be Gimpied to hell and it's annoying but I deal/manage with it.....

anyways I wont go on but just wanted to say that when i play Holy it feels like he's cheating I feel that best describes him I'm not scared or anything just that's my impression of him but I'll still fight him and do what I can.

Cruxis

Smash Lord

i wanted you to reach bro was lookin forward to seeing you again.

i feel the need for an MK ban tourney because i find that a lot of people, besides me, would have an improved performance and it would be interesting to see how different the top 10 would be.

So how much would i have to pay for the venue fee and to enter brawl singles exactly?
Also is the tournament on August 13th or july 23th please confirm the date as soon as possible.
venue fee is $10, brawl singles is $10, so in total $20.

@EXE. This tourney is gonna happen no matter what. It will just be on August 13 I can confirm that now.

I dont trust the venue that wants me to host on Jul 23, they never had a tournament hosted there before and from talking to the guy i just got a bad feeling that he will find a way to overcharge me, and I'm not looking for that headache.

So, August 13, confirmed.

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
If we had a Larger Scene, I think we could do the Bloor Venue, It seats about 80 People and looks really nice. Though, I prefer A&C Better.

MeekSpeedy

Smash Ace
This looks like it'll be a lot of fun, but it's on the same weekend as ktar. :( I know I probably won't go to ktar, but I'm really tryin my hardest to try to, loool.

omg i love you. if its august i'll come and repping dat picto
Not if I rep it harder.

This.
We all saw that fox, but my Robot is a furry destroyer =)
What happened to Metal Sonic?

.EXE

Smash Apprentice
Glad to see that you're still with us SkylerSilver and sup Meekspeedy.

Anyways this is how I see this tourney going basically my predictions, either Diddy, Wario, Falco, Olimar, Marth, or Snake will win this and for god sakes don't let marth win I hate him almost to death not that he's not good just moves are really stale for me unless in the right hands.

I put snake last because I just feel like everyone is kinda used to how snake is played and can really beat him up now, the other ppl have a more difficult time with.

Whatever what do you guys think? Who will be the winning characters?

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Ganondorf.

But no, none of the better players in GTA even play mid-low tiers.

Patches

Smash Master
Hopefully, ill be going. Gotta see if I get the time off work.

If I do, who's interested in doubles?

Edit: I'm calling it. Top 3. Rob, Fox/wario, Olimar.

In that order.
:phone:

Peachy-Desu

Smash Journeyman
Glad to see that you're still with us SkylerSilver and sup Meekspeedy.

Anyways this is how I see this tourney going basically my predictions, either Diddy, Wario, Falco, Olimar, Marth, or Snake will win this and for god sakes don't let marth win I hate him almost to death not that he's not good just moves are really stale for me unless in the right hands.

I put snake last because I just feel like everyone is kinda used to how snake is played and can really beat him up now, the other ppl have a more difficult time with.

Whatever what do you guys think? Who will be the winning characters?
=_= oh fine, don't even include my wonderful Peach or Tins Oli.... I didnt even check if he's going but w/e. </3

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Maybe some random Dedede will win. :awesome:

Also at this point Cruxis, it doesn't look like my life will be in enough order to actually get the mid-tier tourney organized, so go ahead.

Cruxis

Smash Lord
yo i just got a warning from a mod for making the title sh*t instead of ****

LOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLL

ok people now that tins tourney is done lets get some confirmations!

if youre too poor for KTAR or you just dont give an eff about it, then reach here!! its not often that way have an MK Ban tournament in fact, I think the last one was over a year ago. please confirm in this topic if youre coming

also please confirm setups if you guys wanna do pools, like i said i wont do less it with less than 10!!!

A&C already has 3-5 TVs, so we just need a few more.

Peachy-Desu

Smash Journeyman
Peach counts as mid tier right? dispite the fact she is "mid high tier" she's not in high, so.... yea XD

As for me, I'll talk to my dad during the day tomorrow, it is a relatively short timeline from the tourney that just passed... so I may not be confirmed for this unless I get other means of transportation.

I'm def a maybe... but that's all I can say for now. Updates tomorrow! :p

Tin Man

Smash Hero
Hopefully, ill be going. Gotta see if I get the time off work.

If I do, who's interested in doubles?

Edit: I'm calling it. Top 3. Rob, Fox/wario, Olimar.

In that order.
imo thats a lulzy order, and still, I'm more than likely going to Ktar 6

ill be hosting a mid tier tourney later on maybe on aug 27 or sep 3
Ugh, way to many effin tournaments... Attendance is gonna be spread so thin with all these gimick tourneys sandwiching the actual ones. Ppl can't reach everything >_>.

Cruxis

Smash Lord
imo thats a lulzy order, and still, I'm more than likely going to Ktar 6

Ugh, way to many effin tournaments... Attendance is gonna be spread so thin with all these gimick tourneys sandwiching the actual ones. Ppl can't reach everything >_>.
Bro more tourneys is a GOOD thing, people get more practice and improve. US has tourneys every week, why dont we?
Besides, no ones bein forced to come to mine. They are as u said gimmick tourneys so if people arent interested then they can go to the regular tourneys

Top Bottom