• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NO KOAST v2 Results/Shoutouts - FULL RESULTS UP!

furiousduffmanx

Smash Lord
We won game 2 on Halberd. Vex got super ***** by Dekar, so we lost.
You did not win on halberd.... Me and dekar were actually making fun of it <3

lol at Dphat being surprised at me knowing results last night. Like i said stop being good cause you are not going to want to ever team with me

TEXAS IS GOD TIER IN DOUBLES

Inui

Banned via Warnings
1: Corn Cob With Braces (Dphat and Lee)
Yay! :)

17: Two Loaves of Bread Hugging (Andy & Nicole)
Atomsk and I used that team name like a year ago wtf...

You did not win on halberd.... Me and dekar were actually making fun of it <3

lol at Dphat being surprised at me knowing results last night. Like i said stop being good cause you are not going to want to ever team with me
Why are you making things up?

Our set went to game three. Game three was on FD. Game two was Halberd. How did we get 2-0'd?

It's ok that we lost, but making stuff up? That's just gay.

Gnes

Smash Master
I had terribad seeding at Hobo 19 from the looks of it, but I suppose that's alright as I've done terribly at other TX tourneys.

Then again, I was the only person who went even with Dojo (AKA the old dirty ******* ;))
Haha i just dont understand this. How do u get 2-0ed by ozz but go even with dojo LOL. Wait i think i know lol.

Anyways...good shiz dphat. U told me u guys would win doubles, and hey look at the results. Too good. Just lucky i couldn't go. Would have EXPOSED your ***.

Lee...its good seeing u up there at 1st buddy. Im really proud of u. :).

ANTi_

Smash Hero
Lee beat Razer? oh ****

RAZER GET ON AIM

EDIT: M2K should of came to this instead...

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
You fought Lee Martin in quarters despite him being the 4th best in singles there at worst. Sethlon, Bwett, Fogo, and others were given better seeds.
Inui, Lee Martin LOST to Fogo. So...that sorta negates the entire problem you have. Lee Martin was seeded appropriately - you just seem to forget that you don't need "perfect" seeding in a double elimination bracket, especially when such seeding is LARGELY out of bias. Example here is perfect: you would give Lee Martin an "easy" bracket cause you think he is really good, but you would give Fogo a "hard" bracket because you think he is not as good. Lee Martin losing to Fogo is exactly why you can never assume a persons skill level with anything other than "meh" accuracy. Outside of seeding the top 2, maybe 4 players, the people in the 5-16 seeds are almost all interchangable/match up dependent/don't have consistentcy. Essentially, the only thing you can really justify for definitive seeds every tournament is M2K and Ally at 1/2 and then maybe (if its tx or something) Dojo as 3 and then you got a toss up for who is 4 (gnes? razor? lee martin? see where I'm going, it is very hard to justify one over the other).

Seriously, if only top 3-5 are paying out, then what is the complaining about? Dekar, for example from the same tournament: you lost to Dojo/ozz. Losing to a TOP 1/2 seed in the whole tournament in winners bracket does not mean you got a bad seed. You are SUPPOSE to lose to these players, and so is almost everyone else. It is what happens in losers bracket that matters (Dekar losing to ozz, Lee Martin losing to Fogo). In a double elimination bracket, first/second place are determined with near 100% accuracy. So, if you got 7th losing to first/second you can complain. If you got 7th losing to 1st/5th you can't. Or if you got 9th or some **** losing to 1st or 2nd and then in losers 7th/5th you also can't complain. If you want to place in the money, you are going to have to BEAT someone who likewise plans to place in the money. If you are the best TEAM (cough, inui) at a tournament, then your seed doesn't matter at all, because at some point you are going to have to beat the 2nd best team there anyways. You will probably have to do it twice, too.

Essentially I think there is some complaining cause people don't like to fight good people all the time. They want to have a walk in the park and they want to believe that someone is getting an easier time then themselves in order to make themselves feel better. Guess what? If you aren't placing in the money you really shouldn't be complaining that you got like 7th instead of 5th or 9th instead of 7th or 13th instead of 9th etc etc.

I've gotten 7th or 9th (forget) at a tournament where I lost to 1st/2nd place. That is getting bracket ****ed (but not seeded poorly, because the 2nd place team had a lose to someone they were "suppose" to beat (another seed fallacy) in winners).

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Planking Gnes While He Watches Invincible Youth
Argue about teams somewhere else.
This tourney was seeded pretty well imo.

I used dk once though. 75% lucario then zss then mk against hylian/razer

I dont want dk by my name though. didnt win a round with him.
All lucario against Lain baby ;)

omg alpha i lost to fogo once when i almost just forfeited bc of time constraints and a terribly run tourney.
-Lee

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Inui, Lee Martin LOST to Fogo. So...that sorta negates the entire problem you have. Lee Martin was seeded appropriately - you just seem to forget that you don't need "perfect" seeding in a double elimination bracket, especially when such seeding is LARGELY out of bias. Example here is perfect: you would give Lee Martin an "easy" bracket cause you think he is really good, but you would give Fogo a "hard" bracket because you think he is not as good. Lee Martin losing to Fogo is exactly why you can never assume a persons skill level with anything other than "meh" accuracy. Outside of seeding the top 2, maybe 4 players, the people in the 5-16 seeds are almost all interchangable/match up dependent/don't have consistentcy. Essentially, the only thing you can really justify for definitive seeds every tournament is M2K and Ally at 1/2 and then maybe (if its tx or something) Dojo as 3 and then you got a toss up for who is 4 (gnes? razor? lee martin? see where I'm going, it is very hard to justify one over the other).

Seriously, if only top 3-5 are paying out, then what is the complaining about? Dekar, for example from the same tournament: you lost to Dojo/ozz. Losing to a TOP 1/2 seed in the whole tournament in winners bracket does not mean you got a bad seed. You are SUPPOSE to lose to these players, and so is almost everyone else. It is what happens in losers bracket that matters (Dekar losing to ozz, Lee Martin losing to Fogo). In a double elimination bracket, first/second place are determined with near 100% accuracy. So, if you got 7th losing to first/second you can complain. If you got 7th losing to 1st/5th you can't. Or if you got 9th or some **** losing to 1st or 2nd and then in losers 7th/5th you also can't complain. If you want to place in the money, you are going to have to BEAT someone who likewise plans to place in the money. If you are the best TEAM (cough, inui) at a tournament, then your seed doesn't matter at all, because at some point you are going to have to beat the 2nd best team there anyways. You will probably have to do it twice, too.

Essentially I think there is some complaining cause people don't like to fight good people all the time. They want to have a walk in the park and they want to believe that someone is getting an easier time then themselves in order to make themselves feel better. Guess what? If you aren't placing in the money you really shouldn't be complaining that you got like 7th instead of 5th or 9th instead of 7th or 13th instead of 9th etc etc.

I've gotten 7th or 9th (forget) at a tournament where I lost to 1st/2nd place. That is getting bracket ****ed (but not seeded poorly, because the 2nd place team had a lose to someone they were "suppose" to beat (another seed fallacy) in winners).
Lee Martin said:
omg alpha i lost to fogo once when i almost just forfeited bc of time constraints and a terribly run tourney.
And I already stated that upsets made the seeding look correct when it truly was not at all. Upsets don't justify crappy seeding. HOBO 19 just had upsets make it look right when it definitely wasn't, as usual.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
And I already stated that upsets made the seeding look correct when it truly was not at all. Upsets don't justify crappy seeding. HOBO 19 just had upsets make it look right when it definitely wasn't, as usual.
No. You are treating **** like its a single elimination bracket. Its a double elimination bracket, that even with "crappy" seeding, mathematically will produce VERY accurate results (aka close to 100% certainly for 2nd, 99%/100% certainty for 1st)through top 2 and pretty accurate results through top 3/4 (again, talking close to 100%). This is why seeding essentially only ****s with the positions from 4/5 through 8, positions which at most tournaments don't pay money and/or don't pay enough money to justify someone *****ing and moaning.

Essentially you are upset that matches happen in winners bracket "earlier than they should". I'm simply pointing out that, regardless of how early the matches happen, if you are the player who is suppose to get 2nd at a tournament, then you are GOING to get 2nd even if you fight the best player in round 1.

Zori

Smash Champion
how can you complain about seeding in the losers bracket o-0

anyways, great job lee :]

Inui

Banned via Warnings
No. You are treating **** like its a single elimination bracket. Its a double elimination bracket, that even with "crappy" seeding, mathematically will produce VERY accurate results through top 2 and pretty accurate results through top 3/4. This is why seeding essentially only ****s with the positions from 4-8, positions which at most tournaments don't pay money and/or don't pay enough money to justify someone *****ing and moaning.
It's not all about money to everyone. Placing where you should is important to a lot of people. Getting 13th because of crappy seeding when you deserve something like 5th feels crappy.

Stop trying to justify Lee Martin getting a seed lower than 4th (absurd, obviously) at HOBO 19. It was poor seeding, regardless of the results.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
EDIT: M2K should of came to this instead...
Affinity2412 (3:51:45 AM): howd viridian go?
"Mew2King" (3:51:52 AM): how did no koast go
"Mew2King" (3:51:52 AM): DUDE
"Mew2King" (3:51:53 AM): ally beat me
"Mew2King" (3:51:55 AM): 5th game
"Mew2King" (3:51:57 AM): last stock 120
"Mew2King" (3:51:58 AM): ****
"Mew2King" (3:52:01 AM): SO ANNOYING GAH
"Mew2King" (3:52:17 AM): he won 235 more than me cuz of ONE HIT
"Mew2King" (3:52:23 AM): which BARELY killed me
Affinity2412 (3:52:30 AM): **** lol
"Mew2King" (3:52:35 AM): i shoulda went to no koast
"Mew2King" (3:52:37 AM): oh ya
"Mew2King" (3:52:39 AM): tyrant sucks now
"Mew2King" (3:52:43 AM): i ***** him badly in mk dittos
"Mew2King" (3:52:53 AM): meep beat tyrant, anti, adhd, and many others but lost to me twice
"Mew2King" (3:52:55 AM): i ***** meep
"Mew2King" (3:52:58 AM): i ***** tyrant, and anti
"Mew2King" (3:53:06 AM): and everyone esle but BARELY LOST TO ALLY ****
Affinity2412 (3:53:40 AM): you were in winners all the way til GFs, right?
"Mew2King" (3:53:44 AM): yes
"Mew2King" (3:53:49 AM): then i gave up GF cuz no way im gonna win 2 sets
Affinity2412 (3:53:52 AM): ok. figured
"Mew2King" (3:53:53 AM): i just gave up too soon
"Mew2King" (3:53:57 AM): WF set was good
"Mew2King" (3:54:03 AM): ****kkkkkkkk
"Mew2King" (3:54:04 AM): we are so
"Mew2King" (3:54:06 AM): 50:50
"Mew2King" (3:54:13 AM): and then the next best person after me and ally
"Mew2King" (3:54:15 AM): is way behind us
Affinity2412 (3:54:23 AM): yeah, i can tell from all the results
"Mew2King" (3:54:24 AM): idk it might be larry
"Mew2King" (3:54:28 AM): idk who it is
"Mew2King" (3:54:34 AM): but **** MAN
"Mew2King" (3:54:36 AM): ****TTTT
Affinity2412 (3:54:37 AM): lol
"Mew2King" (3:54:39 AM): i hate losng 5th game LAST HIT
Affinity2412 (3:54:47 AM): yeah, that sucks man
Affinity2412 (3:54:57 AM): dont worry. youll get him next time

"Mew2King" (3:55:07 AM): who won no kaost
"Mew2King" (3:55:08 AM): and how much money
"Mew2King" (3:55:10 AM): i shoulda went
"Mew2King" (3:55:11 AM): FREE win for me
Affinity2412 (3:55:13 AM): its still going lol
"Mew2King" (3:55:13 AM): if i went -.-
"Mew2King" (3:55:20 AM): no koast was a free win for me
"Mew2King" (3:55:24 AM): i think i should have went
Affinity2412] (3:55:45 AM): you def should of. our venue was the ****, and everyone had sooo much fun
Affinity2412 (3:56:04 AM): NKv3 is gonna be in March. you should go to that

"Mew2King" (3:56:24 AM): what is guaranteed pot?
"Mew2King" (3:56:32 AM): i wanna know how profitable it is
Affinity2412 (3:56:55 AM): for v3?
"Mew2King" (3:57:01 AM): yes
"Mew2King" (3:57:04 AM): if its a huge pot ill go
"Mew2King" (3:57:09 AM): it needs to be very profitable basically
"Mew2King" (3:57:12 AM): then ill travel for it
Affinity2412 (3:58:03 AM): today was really successful, and we broke 100 people. were expecting the next one to be bigger. this tournament, including the champ pot, went over 1k, i think
Affinity2412 (3:58:08 AM): not exactly sure though

"Mew2King" (3:58:21 AM): **** I SHOULDA WENT DAMMIT
"Mew2King" (3:58:24 AM): the thing is
"Mew2King" (3:58:29 AM): the circuit points thing i dont like cuz
Affinity2412 (3:58:33 AM): i know lain won the singles circuit, cause he already had a lot of points
"Mew2King" (3:58:35 AM): i prolly wont get many points cuz ill rarely go to them
"Mew2King" (3:58:41 AM): if its just individual tourney pot then thats good for me tho
Affinity2412 (3:59:18 AM): well, the thing about today was that it was the champs, so all points were doubled, so anyone had a chance of winning the circuit money
Affinity2412 (3:59:51 AM): but, im not sure if v3 is going to be part of a circuit. once i find out, ill let you know.
Affinity2412 (4:00:09 AM): oh, how the v2s going? ummm...
Affinity2412 (4:00:55 AM): lains going into GFs against either Lee Martin or Ultimate Razer (whoever won WFs) now
Affinity2412 (4:01:08 AM): he landed a gordo ftw 4th game lol
Affinity2412 (4:01:34 AM): oh, its lee
Affinity2412 (4:01:44 AM): Lee Martin vs Lain GFs starting now
Affinity2412 (4:01:58 AM): so yeah, you def should have come lol

"Mew2King" (4:02:11 AM): OMFG
"Mew2King" (4:02:13 AM): FREE WIN FOR ME
"Mew2King" (4:02:17 AM): IM STUPID for not going
Affinity2412 (4:02:35 AM): we tried so hard to convince you lol
Affinity2412 (4:03:17 AM): dont worry. i expect to see you at v3 :-)

"Mew2King" (4:03:24 AM): if its huge payout
"Mew2King" (4:03:25 AM): ill come
Affinity2412 (4:03:39 AM): alright cool

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
It's not all about money to everyone. Placing where you should is important to a lot of people. Getting 13th because of crappy seeding when you deserve something like 5th feels crappy.

Stop trying to justify Lee Martin getting a seed lower than 4th (absurd, obviously) at HOBO 19. It was poor seeding, regardless of the results.
Okay. I get it now. You want every single position from 1st-49th to be 100% accurate. Got it. It is physically impossible to do this, regardless of how "good" your seeding is, because of the very nature of competitive games and flucuating skill levels, but if you want to believe that your perception of a persons skill (rofl, I'm sure it is "unbaised") is the same as their actual skill level on that day then go ahead.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
lol Jason is so cocky

and people complain about ME being cocky?

I'm just public about it, while people like M2K and Atomsk aren't :laugh:

Okay. I get it now. You want every single position from 1st-49th to be 100% accurate. Got it. It is physically impossible to do this, regardless of how "good" your seeding is, because of the very nature of competitive games and flucuating skill levels, but if you want to believe that your perception of a persons skill (rofl, I'm sure it is "unbaised") is the same as their actual skill level on that day then go ahead.
Why haven't you said "Lee Martin being seeded less than 4th is indeed total BS and bad seeding" yet?

I am not saying perfection should be obtained. I'm saying seeding shouldn't be god awful, which it usually is in TX events sadly.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
M2K YOU DiD NOT **** ME

I GOT YOU TO LAST STOCK BOTH GAMES WITH WOLF

**** OUTTA HERE

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
By the looks of it he's cocky 'cause he ***** everyone. lol

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Planking Gnes While He Watches Invincible Youth
Tournament was a TON OF FUN. Glad I decided to come, didn't think I would place so high in singles, BTW Bassem stop beating me please lol. Anyways good stuff to everyone had a blast shoutouts soon to come.

Also everyone arguing in this thread please do it through PMs, Don't corrupt another another Tournament Result Thread :(.

KY and Domo- THANKS for housing me dude I really appreciate it, also good games Domo wish your hand wasn't broken can't even call it a victory knowing you were handicapped lol. And KY dude I'm glad I got to see you again before you quit man you are too chill and if you ever come to Dallas you know I'll definitely be housing yall lol.

Anyways more shoutouts later me and Lee just got back into Dallas time for some R&R.

meepxzero

Smash Master
true story i 3 stocked m2k. Then he proceeded to glide under smashville and run the timer against me and i was pretty much like *** it lets play like an idiot and chase after him XD. He was playin bad so watever. Im always playing bad because he just literally runs timer against ic now *boring*.

Everytime i play him he just gets more gayer with the camping. =(

ANTi_

Smash Hero
AHH **** NICE STRAT M2K

*Practices gliding under stages efficiently*

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Im always playing bad because he just literally runs timer against ic now.
You are always playing bad because... M2K chooses to play the matchup the way he is supposed to?

If M2K keeps on camping like that, I dunno if you will win Meep. Not because you suck, but because I dunno if IC's are SUPPOSED to win when people start doing that. I dunno how you can put up with matchups like that with IC's where the other guy's goal is to just run as hard as possible from you and time out the match.

meepxzero

Smash Master
You are always playing bad because... M2K chooses to play the matchup the way he is supposed to?

If M2K keeps on camping like that, I dunno if you will win Meep. Not because you suck, but because I dunno if IC's are SUPPOSED to win when people start doing that. I dunno how you can put up with matchups like that with IC's where the other guy's goal is to just run as hard as possible from you and time out the match.
i have nothing against it, but it really is the same as using jigglys pound to stall in melee under the stage to win and that was pretty much shunned upon. I dont expect anything to change but i can still whine about it >:0

ive accepted rules have to be slightly bent to even have a chance against an effective ice climbers.

Hydra.

Smash Lord
NNID
Aqua.Sword
true story i 3 stocked m2k. Then he proceeded to glide under smashville and run the timer against me and i was pretty much like *** it lets play like an idiot and chase after him XD. He was playin bad so watever. Im always playing bad because he just literally runs timer against ic now *boring*.

Everytime i play him he just gets more gayer with the camping. =(

You're automaticly gay for playing Ice Climbers. They aren't fun to play against, it's just people wanting to win. If they grab me (with me being Fox) I'll have to put my controller down and go get a drink and come back for my next life. At least Metaknights are entertaining and fun to fight, because I actually get to fight even if I lose. Congrats on being able to grab someone you are truely amazing.

Trent

Smash Champion
Was a fun tourney, venue was awesome! (Except for the constant smell of popcorn + me craving popcorn + me not being able to afford said popcorn..) Shout-outs later.

Top Bottom