• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Non-Stop Infinite Climax! Feat. AXE, TAI, and Texas' Best!

Kal

Smash Champion
There aren't any random elements in Jungle Japes, as far as I'm aware. The Klaptrap is on a timer.

Noc

Smash Journeyman
But it's hard to control when you are put in a position to recover when the Klaptrap is present. And it's different from the cloud in Yoshi's Story because the Klaptrap has a more consistent (negative) effect on one's ability to recover.

Kal

Smash Champion
It's no harder to control being put in that position than to control any other facet of 1v1 gameplay. The only reasonable argument I've seen in favor of banning the stage that has anything to do with the Klaptrap is that characters who need to recover from below are strongly gimped.

If you want to argue for banning Japes, the Klaptrap alone isn't enough to do that.

Tirno

Smash Journeyman
Hmm, I'm tempted to say spacies are broken on Japes. Using ledgestalls, side-b tricks, and lasers to out-camp the opponent has all the makings of an impossible to beat strategy. Don't know if anyone's tried it though, so banning it for that reason might be premature.

Kal

Smash Champion
Yeah, the spacies being overpowered is probably the best argument for banning Japes.

MT_

Smash Ace
Isn't there something inherently bad about having isolated islands anywhere that promotes camping? If someone camps an island like that, the only way to approach them is in the air. I don't know if that's considered bad or not though.

JOS.fm

Smash Journeyman
are we having a discussion about what's preventing them from bringing them back or about banning them?

i'm assuming the stages on the OP are up-to-date

I don't like isolated islands because it's a little difficult to be aggressive. but then people argue, 'well yeah it's a counter pick.'

Noctournez

Smash Cadet
I'm pretty sure I'll be riding out and bringing some of the AZ crew with me.
So far, AXE has shotgun in my car.
I talked with Nicknyte and he informed me he'll be riding back in my car.
So what I'm looking for now are 2 other people in the Phoenix area who are wanting to go to this..
I will handle the driving, all I ask is help with gas money to and from.

We're planning to come out a day early for practice/etc and then leave Saturday Night/Sunday Morning back to Arizona.

I'm hoping for this to be finalized by NEXT Saturday, no later.

If you are interested in riding out there with me, send me a PM on here, and I'll give you my number.

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
I'm pretty sure I'll be riding out and bringing some of the AZ crew with me.
So far, AXE has shotgun in my car.
I talked with Nicknyte and he informed me he'll be riding back in my car.
So what I'm looking for now are 2 other people in the Phoenix area who are wanting to go to this..
I will handle the driving, all I ask is help with gas money to and from.

We're planning to come out a day early for practice/etc and then leave Saturday Night/Sunday Morning back to Arizona.

I'm hoping for this to be finalized by NEXT Saturday, no later.

If you are interested in riding out there with me, send me a PM on here, and I'll give you my number.
WOOT!!
How about Taj for one of the spaces in your car? I wanna fight a pro Mewtwo lol.

We can also discuss the housing situation.

Noctournez

Smash Cadet
WOOT!!
How about Taj for one of the spaces in your car? I wanna fight a pro Mewtwo lol.

We can also discuss the housing situation.
I'm not sure, that'd be awesome if Taj could ride out there with us, although I believe we asked him and he's not sure whether or not he'll have work off.

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
alright, just lemme know.

Right, so the housing, I'll be honest up front, I have a one room studio apartment, lulz.
So instead I'll list the place where you'd be more comfortable:

Kal's, Tirno's. Tirno lives much closer to where we're having the tourney so you might prefer that.
But I'll let them speak for themselves.

Noctournez

Smash Cadet
alright, just lemme know.

Right, so the housing, I'll be honest up front, I have a one room studio apartment, lulz.
So instead I'll list the place where you'd be more comfortable:

Kal's, Tirno's. Tirno lives much closer to where we're having the tourney so you might prefer that.
But I'll let them speak for themselves.

I believe one of my friends in Austin who goes to the UT Smash Club will provide us housing, his name is Aydn. It's not 100% yet I'm still waiting for him to get back to me on this though. if it comes down to it that he's not able to, it would be greatly appreciated :)

JOS.fm

Smash Journeyman
I'm up for housing anybody. one guys can sleep on the couch and others on the floor. I got a sleeping bag and ****. I also got two tv's and two consoles but only 1 melee.

hopefully I'll finish golden sun by then. I might have a nervous breakdown if I don't get to play it because of smash.

I believe one of my friends in Austin who goes to the UT Smash Club will provide us housing, his name is Aydn. It's not 100% yet I'm still waiting for him to get back to me on this though. if it comes down to it that he's not able to, it would be greatly appreciated :)
you're aydn's friend? I thought you were supposed to go by SOL or solar. being noctournez is the complete opposite lol. he lives down the street and comes over sometimes.

Grinin

Smash Journeyman
I'm going to try to drive up to this with friends. From what I've heard from people here there should be a decent number of Houston smashers going. I really want to meet Axe in person, he's and inspirational dude haha

Grinin

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, that'd be great if Dallas showed. I know Wobbles used to live in AZ for a few years so maybe he'll want to come play those guys. DoH was posting in this thread earlier wasn't he? And Darkrain doesn't go on smashboards so someone in Dallas needs to get his attention.

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
Actually... I saw darkrain on smashboards not long ago, he was in the DFW Melee thread, so I'm pretty sure he knows about it.

Solidusspriggan

Smash Journeyman
The stagelist now looks legit. It was lookign pretty hair earlier, Japes was spacie **** 110%, and Mute City is the bomb.
Hoping to get OK to go to this if I can find a driver, probably will prefer housing.

Jake13

Smash Lord
Axe, I played you at pound after your mm with strongbad. Ima get ***** again but $5mm?

There wil be at least three cars from htown and we're gonna need housing.

First request tirno, second kal (for geographical proximity) :)

Can't believe I never subscribed to this lol

Kal

Smash Champion
Housing with me won't be an issue as far as distance from the venue goes. Since I'm running the tournament, I will probably be the first one there.

Noctournez

Smash Cadet
I'm up for housing anybody. one guys can sleep on the couch and others on the floor. I got a sleeping bag and ****. I also got two tv's and two consoles but only 1 melee.

hopefully I'll finish golden sun by then. I might have a nervous breakdown if I don't get to play it because of smash.

you're aydn's friend? I thought you were supposed to go by SOL or solar. being noctournez is the complete opposite lol. he lives down the street and comes over sometimes.
Hahaha yess!! I do use the tag SOL but my name is noctournez on the boards

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
First post in a few months here... I needed to subscribe anyways.

For sure me and S.O.S will be there, and hopefully I can drag along a few more people from SA.

Looking forward to saying hi to Axe when I get there. At first I felt bad about losing to a Pikachu at Genesis, but then he proceeded to **** everyone else in the pool and get first seed, and then I didn't feel so bad.

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
Actually, won't NickNyte be taking one of those spots?
Unless your car can fit six, how about Taj and Forward? GamerGuitarist7?

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
forward doesn't really play anymore
taj and gg7 have work, but *might* have it off.

how many people do you estimate are showing up to this?
if possible, try to give a regional breakdown (X from Dallas, Y from Austin, Z from Djibouti). thanks, much appreciated :D

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
We're right now looking at close to 40 cumulative including yall, Austin will have the most closely followed by Houston, a handful from San Antonio, Dallas is still X. There might also be a handful from Oklahoma.

Djibouti is
OVER 9000!!!!

Top Bottom