• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nova Scotia Thread

ssbmaster2007

Smash Journeyman
Sorry I haven't been active here for a few days. A tournament June 20th huh? Less than a month away...I really doubt I'll be able to make it, sadly... :(

Turns out that I can't get High Speed Internet here after all, but I am a short walk away from somewhere you could. >_<

I've been playing Melee lately, Brawl is continuing to freeze after being played for just a short time, no matter how much rest I give the Wii before trying to play it again, so I'm now asking for a new Wii and SD Card for my birthday, I'm not using any codes for Wii games ever again now...it cost me big, I'll get little else than a Linksys Wireless Router, Nintendo Wii, and SD Card for my birthday now... -_-

MALCORE

Smash Cadet
does your wii freeze for all games or just brawl?
if its just brawl are you using music codes?
if you're using music codes you should try the music default reset code. i had problems with my wii freezing when someone would select battlefield online (happened infrequently), or if i went to battlefeild in the my music settings (always froze).

even when i started up brawl without codes the problem still occurred until i used the music reset fix and now so far so good.

MALCORE

Smash Cadet
a couple things regarding the tourney:
-- we're trying really hard to bring food for this one. basically we want to get a couple grills together to grill us up some burgers and wieners (we'll bring veggie dogs and burgers just in case).
-- all of this is pending we can actually find some grills. right now we have a couple of prospects but no absolute guarantee.
-- assuming all goes as planned we will be raising the entry fee to 15$. this should cover the venue fee, cost of food, and prize money.
-- there will be no option to enter the tourney only and waive the food fee. this is ensure the organizers don't end up losing money on wasted food (i assure you the entire food budget will be used efficiently).
-- keep in mind the T.O.'s do not make money off of these events. we're a non-profit organization that put together events because we love the game and our community

so hopefully this will spark some interest and we can continue to bring food to our events. at past events we usually held a food break and people went out and bought food on barrington that i can only assume was equal to or more expensive than the 5$ we're asking.

at this point we're still open to ideas and we're always interested in what the community has to say about how our events are run. in fact this organization is basically run communally in that it sets its own rules and standards.

questions/comments?

MALCORE

Smash Cadet
in the tiny room at the last gamestore of course....

psych! our venue is the roy building on barrington. on the second level there is a photography studio called "Aperture Studios" which is pretty much our official venue. we've held about 5 or 6 events there so far. we were actually hoping to use a bbq since they have this rooftop area in the center of the building that is accessible to us, but no dice (fire regulations).

ps: relish is the worst condiment. it's a fun word though, i like how it sounds.

MALCORE

Smash Cadet
i think i confused you there. bbqs are against fire regulations but grills are not.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Okay, I understand. Haha, my bad. Sounds good to me, though will there be some sort of limit on the food? For example, everyone gets one or two of something, before the whole pack dives in.

MALCORE

Smash Cadet
registration is now open on facebook.
rules and details are also posted.

ssbmaster2007

Smash Journeyman
Wish I could be there, but I can pretty much guarantee not being able to make it. >_> Hope it all goes well, and that everybody has a lot of fun... <.<

zhao_guang

Smash Lord
NNID
zhaoguang1
Haha, I know you guys are far away but there are planes nowadays that resolve that problem.
Yeah, it's just that I'm using my money to go to the final Only In Niagara earlier in July, so I wouldn't have enough to get over to Alberta after all that.

Which sucks, because I'd really like to play a lot of you guys.

MALCORE

Smash Cadet
how about you prairie dogs come out to our tourney?
ps: there are planes for this sort of thing :)

MALCORE

Smash Cadet
we had a couple new brunswickers in for the first big melee tourney... that doesn't count does it?

Top Bottom