• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nova Scotia Thread

MALCORE

Smash Cadet
we need some actual discussion in this thread. i'm sick of facebook.
i guess we could start with talking about bi-weeklies. is anyone here available to host if i were to set up a calender and get other people in on it (the most you would host would be once every 2 months or so depending on interest). any capacity limits? we could set up a sign up sheet if thats the case.

like i said i would probably make a thread about this on facebook but tyler and steve would turn the thread into a "why everything should be legal" topic, they're pretty bad for off-topic posting.

zhao_guang

Smash Lord
NNID
zhaoguang1
we need some actual discussion in this thread. i'm sick of facebook.
i guess we could start with talking about bi-weeklies. is anyone here available to host if i were to set up a calender and get other people in on it (the most you would host would be once every 2 months or so depending on interest). any capacity limits? we could set up a sign up sheet if thats the case.

like i said i would probably make a thread about this on facebook but tyler and steve would turn the thread into a "why everything should be legal" topic, they're pretty bad for off-topic posting.
Now that's more like it Mr.Wayne

Anyways, my house is sadly unavailable for hosting. Though our TV room is kickass, with plenty of seating and a huge *** TV, I still live with a fair amount of siblings, plus my Ma wouldn't be too wild about letting a bunch of randoms into the house for a gamefest.

Except you Mal, she <3s you.

MALCORE

Smash Cadet
haha, adorable.

currently the T.Os are discussing options in our private thread. realistically i don't see this happening unless we can strike a deal for a cheap venue fee at the studio. if that can be negotiated then that would be pretty gnarly.

pros
- 2 stations already setup
- lots of space
- a consistent venue would promote better turnouts

cons
- we'd have to charge entry to cover venue costs (hopefully 5$, no more)
- drops ins would be difficult because of the locked door

all this is pending the popularity bi-weeklies. if we cant get 15 people consistently then it wouldn't be worth it to brian because he wouldn't be making any money off us.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I can potentially host bi-weeklies, my basement has room for 8-10 comfortably, probably up to 15 not as comfortably, you guys would just have to find a way out to Hammonds Plains. ^^

zhao_guang

Smash Lord
NNID
zhaoguang1
Let's get something for tomorrow, I did Wifi for the first time yesterday in 3 weeks and almost gauged my eyes out.

Plzzzz <3

EDIT: Well I played wifi a little bit in the past 3 weeks...but I tried to take it seriously yesterday. BOY that was a mistake.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Zhao, you keep saying that. You could always host it yourself! :mad088:

But in all seriousness, that would be pretty rad. Especially considering that I've never played Melee.

zhao_guang

Smash Lord
NNID
zhaoguang1
Kailin and Cory will go anywhere. :)

Side note: Melee is amazing, and I'm bringing it to every tournament/smashfest from now on. I love this game. <3

zhao_guang

Smash Lord
NNID
zhaoguang1
C/Ped from Tyler

That's right people, it's time for our annual gala event! I'm so pumped I might even wear a suit and a tie*!

Our next event will be on August 29th, and we will celebrate the second anniversary of Justin packing IntenCity so full we could barely breath and giving birth to the scene by doing so, ha ha. To celebrate, we're going to let him do everything whilst the rest of us kick back and relax**. ;)

But seriously, you're not going to want to miss this. No cooking, no gimmicks that could end in disaster***, just good clean organized Smashing with a surprise or two.

Speaking of which, we will have Brawl! Well will have doubles in Brawl! We will have Melee! And it will be epic!

To steal a couple words from Zhao if I may:

Get pumped!

-Smash Halifax

Tenative price list:

Venue fee (mandatory): $5
Brawl Singles: $10
Brawl Doubles: $20 per team
Melee: TBA

*No, really!
**I may have been joking, but this is pretty tempting . . .
***No fuses shall be blown on this day!

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2544130341&ref=ts#/group.php?gid=2544130341

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Get puuuumped Nova Scotia, it's gonna be mad pro.

Top Bottom