• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nova Scotia Thread

Spaceman_Spiff

Smash Cadet
Odds are very slim that I will be able to make it on the 29th, but if there is anyway I can go I will. If I do make it I want to challenge you to a money match Colin, just to ensure we play something other than random dubs.

MALCORE

Smash Cadet
hey, was wondering if anyone could offer some insight,,,
my headphones arnt being recognized when i plug them in. i right clicked the speaker in the bottom right corner and went to playback devices and did a test on the headphone option and it worked, that is a heard a jingle through the headphones, but all sound continues to come from my speakers when the headphones are plugged in.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
hey, was wondering if anyone could offer some insight,,,
my headphones arnt being recognized when i plug them in. i right clicked the speaker in the bottom right corner and went to playback devices and did a test on the headphone option and it worked, that is a heard a jingle through the headphones, but all sound continues to come from my speakers when the headphones are plugged in.
USB or standard input?

MALCORE

Smash Cadet
standard input.
the headphones and the input jack itself work fine because i can use the test function and it will play a jingle through the headphones, but all other output goes through my speakers regardless if the headphones are plugged in or not

camden

Smash Apprentice
So yeah, I think I'm starting to shape up again. I was doing really badly in the past month, so I started training more. Idc if it was wifi, it still helped. I'm going for a comeback this Saturday.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
you can specify outputs it most programs under preferences. give that a try in foobar
This. Whatever you're trying to run, they usually have an option to specify it. Otherwise, you may wish to see if there are selection options available from your sound card.

Adapt

Smash Lord
standard input.
the headphones and the input jack itself work fine because i can use the test function and it will play a jingle through the headphones, but all other output goes through my speakers regardless if the headphones are plugged in or not

First, what OS? Also, is there a program like RealTek HD sound manager on your computer?

Next go to control panel>sound and disable your speakers. Then open up a program and test the sound. If you get the sound properly then you're having the same issue I am.

My problem is even more annoying.... I can find some settings to make it so when I plug in my headphones it will silence the speakers, but it doesn't work properly. The sound output will bounce between speakers and headphones every few seconds as if I was plugging and unplugging the headphones over and over.

Spaceman_Spiff

Smash Cadet
I can confirm I wont be at at our event on the 29th, as I will be in Massachusetts at that time. I will however get to go to Mass Madness 20, which is also on the 29th, where I will get to play people like Kage and Darc, should be a good time.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I can confirm I wont be at at our event on the 29th, as I will be in Massachusetts at that time. I will however get to go to Mass Madness 20, which is also on the 29th, where I will get to play people like Kage and Darc, should be a good time.
That's legit, Good Luck and Have Fun, broski.

zhao_guang

Smash Lord
NNID
zhaoguang1
pretty sure you're the first Nova Scotian to play in an out of country tournament, too good! Cheers man! :)

zhao_guang

Smash Lord
NNID
zhaoguang1
guys i'm super pumped for the 29th now. havent seen any of you fools in a while :)

me and nick are bringing our cameras to record melee matches, or even brawl matches if that suits your fancy. get hyped!!!

Justin Wiles

Smash Journeyman
Kage > Mango. That's hardcore dude, let us know how it went!

I'm also super pumped for the 30th! I can't wait to see you guys! It'll also be the first tourney I've hosted in my house, so we'll see if we blow a few fuses or not :)

We've got plenty of TVs, can we get a few Wiis with games up in this *****? There's also a projector for finals (but it's a bit big for regular matches, I might need the space to put other stations until finals).

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Kage > Mango. That's hardcore dude, let us know how it went!

I'm also super pumped for the 30th! I can't wait to see you guys! It'll also be the first tourney I've hosted in my house, so we'll see if we blow a few fuses or not :)

We've got plenty of TVs, can we get a few Wiis with games up in this *****? There's also a projector for finals (but it's a bit big for regular matches, I might need the space to put other stations until finals).
I'd rather play finals on a TV, tbh. xD

Also, it's the 29th, Mr. Event Host.

Also, I will bring my Wii, Melee, and Brawl.

Spaceman_Spiff

Smash Cadet
I played melee on hdtv most of last year, and its really horrible, like playing in sand or something. It didn't seem like lag was the only problem, I think the wider screen makes it seem slower, if that makes sense. It forced me to learn characters like peach and sheik though, who don't give a **** about frames.

Not that I'm johning for all those missed l-cancels at Dr. Strangefalcon.

Top Bottom