• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nova Scotia Thread

Syko_Lemming

Smash Ace

Graters gonna grate

nothin's perfect

:)
Tube TVs are.

I hear you can get third-party cables to fix that. ;)
I have third party cables for mine, which is why I insist that Nick is wacky. >_>
How the **** are third party cables supposed to fix lag in a tv? That does not work. The cables can't just put the information through before it happens -__________-

-_______________-

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
The cables alleviate the HDMI lag son. That's the whole reason it lags to BEGIN WITH son, the cables aren't designed to process the information correctly.

Spaceman_Spiff

Smash Cadet
I used third party component cables (RGB) to connect my wii to an HDTV. My tech-savvy roommate basically did everything humanly possible to reduce lag for me. Melee still did not run right on the HDTV, whatever anyone says. The lag may have be eliminated, I'm not sure, but something was still off. Now I run a gamecube though a tube tv and it beats all. Edit: with an RF switch, of course.

Not sure if anyone is actually talking about melee here though, apart from myself.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
It's impossible to completely reduce the lag on an HDTV with anything Nintendo, which does not support HD. Cables alleviate that somewhat. I have an HDMI cable for my PS3, and I have no lag issues whatsoever with that. Nintendo needs to get their act together with HD already.

Spaceman_Spiff

Smash Cadet
Turns out I can't make it to the states until early next week, so I'm going to try to make it to Halifax on Saturday, hope to see you people there. Melee friendlies and seriouslies welcome!

zhao_guang

Smash Lord
NNID
zhaoguang1
John, we should have a MM. I'm bringing my camera too, we can record it! :)

Just so you know, after getting relentlessly ***** by Parker in wifi friendlies, I've decided to go out on friday night. expect hangover johns on the 29th.

cheers :)

Pey

Smash Apprentice
Hey syko_lemming if I make it from Kentville to Windsor, any chance I can hitch a ride with you to the tournament?

Syko_Lemming

Smash Ace
Pey said:
Hey Nick, it's Zach. if I make it from Kentville to Windsor, any chance I can hitch a ride with you to the tournament?
If I knew I was going I'd drive you, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to make it. I have work I'm supposed to have done by sunday, that I'm trying to have done by saturday so I can go. Also, I still have my beginner's liscense, so my dad would be driving me, in a truck, so you'd be sitting in a sideways seat in the back, lol.

You don't have any other way of making it?

Cause at this point I'm not reliable.

swordgard

Smash Hero
It's impossible to completely reduce the lag on an HDTV with anything Nintendo, which does not support HD. Cables alleviate that somewhat. I have an HDMI cable for my PS3, and I have no lag issues whatsoever with that. Nintendo needs to get their act together with HD already.
Dolphin 720 P says hi : )

Rush 2112

Tag: 2112 (Twenty-one Twelve)
NNID
KevinOfNine
awesome, i had no idea you were recording that. what's funny is that i had been practising my fox in the weeks leading up to that tourney, then i end up using Falco. im surprised i was able to keep up, im satisfied ^.^

zhao_guang

Smash Lord
NNID
zhaoguang1
you're falco was looking super slick man, you had a unique style that was effective. glad i got this set recorded, it was super flashy and very fun to watch! :)

also LMFAO @ purple drink being made in game 3.

zhao_guang

Smash Lord
NNID
zhaoguang1
thanks zhao. im still waiting for the time i face your luigi heh
my melee luigi is terrible X_x

<--- got volcano kicked as puigi in melee. xD

John, I only saw game 5 of the set but it was Parker's Jigs vs. Nick's Falco. All I remember seeing was coming over and seeing Parker juggle Nick's falco to a rest. I believe my exclamation was:

JESUS FUHCK!

Top Bottom