• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[NSW] Boost: REBOOT - Sunday, the 11th of September 2011

S.D

Smash Master
Shoutouts - better late than never.

Meteor: Oh mighty master of meteors, jolly good show. Had some epic matches with you on the day, the tables turned from my favour in the morning for gotgames to yours for MOTHER MADNESS and of course high tier finals. Your Rob has improved a lot lately and you really dished it out when it mattered, grats.

Tedeth: How the heck did I make mid tier finals again? Oh wait that’s right – surprise attack from my old pal CROC! Lmao yes it was almost as dramatic as wrestling, though definitely not as scripted. You’re always on the improve every time we play, thanks for rewarding my faith in dodgy counterpicks.

FTS: Great to meet you dude, you had a very successful day all round – Shaya’s new nemesis. Lucas dittos were hawtness, grats on second overall.

Luke: Our first proper introduction and some tense teams battles to boot. Congrats on winning teams, taking all 6 of our stock on that madcore stage that I was really happy about playing on :p

Shaya: Great TOing as usual. Managed to get a lot into one day even if it was a bit hectic and took 3-4 years off your life. Close matches as per usual, Brinstar worked out in the end… somehow. Stoopid Shadow Moses in teams :( (grats on taking out teams title by the way). Sorry I stole your banana XD

Gi-k: No idea if your on the boards or not but you really impressed me. First tourney and you ripped it up. I shoulda lost to you in mid for sure, well played hope to see you and ur bro shizzle again.

Zero: Shame we had to come head to head so early in the brackets, I think your Zamus would have trailblazed a path towards glory had the mighty Lucas not stood in your way. Great to see you and Tom making the journey and looking forward to the meet :)

Defiled: Release grabs… I’m sorry, I really am :(

Turtle: We’re pretty awesome hey, smoked up finals in brawl and melee with our rad skillz. Your Smash 64 abilities made my head explode – with ur mad sandbagging to make shaya feel good and suicidal mindgames. I don’t know why people think you’re nice, more fool them.

Summoner: TOM, good work making the trip – didn’t play you all day somehow but I hope you enjoyed it AND WILL BE BACK.

Dedu: STUEY – Great to see you again man, hard luck on how you went out in melee – Dreamland 64 grr. Good games in melee, don’t think we played in Brawl, some fun friendlies and tourney match. I don’t know that I would agree with your saying I was about to be ***** :p (JV 2 stock), but you were definitely on the comeback trail with a lot of momentum and playing well, a great match and you read me incredibly well indeed :)

Gords: Great games Gords! Sorry to take you out of mid and low but it was revenge for my 64 loss :p good to see you again and hope u can make the Hunter meet.

e_alert: How is it we never play each other??? Wtf?

Everyone else I send my love xoxo

idontgottaname

Smash Apprentice
hi everyone. Sorry for doing this so late, but as i promised, here is the link for ssb wad.
http://rapidshare.com/files/146176838/Super_Smash_Bros_V4.5_by_abel09.wad.wad
you need to put it in a /wad folder on your sd card, and run a wad installer in the homebrew channel. here is a wad installer if you dont have one
http://rapidshare.com/files/111564132/boot.elf
if you dont have the homebrew channel, look for it. Instructions are everywhere. also, this is a very good site for other custom vc games, not released on the vc.
http://z10.invisionfree.com/We_Hack_Wii/index.php?showtopic=45&view=getnewpost
and a good site for homebrew on wii
http://www.wehackwii.com/
also, you must already own anything you download etc. for moral reasons. its illegal to download if you dont already own it ;)

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
apparently just posting epic is too short, so now that I've filled up some room

epic

Dedu

Smash Lord
Kaabi sama no Dair is too good.

Spam teh SPAMMMMMMMMMMM on most chars till death %.
Would be great if that move was in Meleeeeee!

hmmm!

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
because I was just sitting in a park enjoying a nice sandwich, when somebody screamed "hands off my bread" the next thing I remember is waking up in a hospital.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
S.D said:
It's true, I 'persuaded' (bribed is such an ugly word, let's call it equivalent exchange) Shaya to keep me as far away from you as possible in the brackets.
I love references.

luke_atyeo said:
because I was just sitting in a park enjoying a nice sandwich, when somebody screamed "hands off my bread" the next thing I remember is waking up in a hospital.
:laugh:

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
lol, I was playing so bad that day. Sure I got all the kills in that match, but the rest of the time it was shaya doing all the work.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
The SBR has 'officially' released a statement on Metaknight.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=206925

Due to this, and other reasons, boost's stance on Metaknight will be:
He is not banned.

I think Sydney has not had the opportunity to continually fight Metaknights, let alone Metaknight mains. While it was true that many people of Sydney believe he is too cheap/good; I now actually realise my stupidity. I sit back and go "who are the best players in sydney? [for the dc interstate crew]" and I have little idea. MK is the best character in the game for various reasons, and if players are able to combat this with whatever character they use they are of course exceptional players.

Sydney does not have a large contigency of MK users in the first place, and while there are from time to time have been MK users at tournaments, no MK main has won a boost tournament since Kulla. We have players who beat the MK users; I want more of them.

MK shouldn't be played purely to win however. I'll say it now that I would consider him to be "soft banned" in this scenario. If he arises as a 'problem' like he did at the Revo tournament back earlier this year (where I believe 6 out of the top 8 used MK) then sure, restrictions becometh.

If you want me to describe soft banned, here it is:
- MK should not be used as your 'blind pick' first character.

That's all.
Sure someone could break the 'soft ban' rule, but I believe those within the community with any 'history' so to speak will reframe from doing so, and those who are new and use MK I hope will be beaten by our players who have a larger array of competitive experience and knowledge against MK.

Anyway, who knows when I'll next be running a tournament, and if tournaments are run but not by myself and they use the 'sydney rules' (just like the hunter meet did) then perhaps they will follow this stance as well.

Thanks for reading, and I hope you guys understand.

ComboTurtle

Smash Lord
The SBR has 'officially' released a statement on Metaknight.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=206925

Due to this, and other reasons, boost's stance on Metaknight will be:
He is not banned.

I think Sydney has not had the opportunity to continually fight Metaknights, let alone Metaknight mains. While it was true that many people of Sydney believe he is too cheap/good; I now actually realise my stupidity. I sit back and go "who are the best players in sydney? [for the dc interstate crew]" and I have little idea. MK is the best character in the game for various reasons, and if players are able to combat this with whatever character they use they are of course exceptional players.

Sydney does not have a large contigency of MK users in the first place, and while there are from time to time have been MK users at tournaments, no MK main has won a boost tournament since Kulla. We have players who beat the MK users; I want more of them.

MK shouldn't be played purely to win however. I'll say it now that I would consider him to be "soft banned" in this scenario. If he arises as a 'problem' like he did at the Revo tournament back earlier this year (where I believe 6 out of the top 8 used MK) then sure, restrictions becometh.

If you want me to describe soft banned, here it is:
- MK should not be used as your 'blind pick' first character.

That's all.
Sure someone could break the 'soft ban' rule, but I believe those within the community with any 'history' so to speak will reframe from doing so, and those who are new and use MK I hope will be beaten by our players who have a larger array of competitive experience and knowledge against MK.

Anyway, who knows when I'll next be running a tournament, and if tournaments are run but not by myself and they use the 'sydney rules' (just like the hunter meet did) then perhaps they will follow this stance as well.

Thanks for reading, and I hope you guys understand.

if i ran a tournament i wouldnt follow rules made by you.

ComboTurtle

Smash Lord
i know its brawl and yeah i wouldnt run a brawl tournament because id be too busy not running a brawl tournament and watching tv and eating doritos and stuff, btw ima break ur stupid softban rule.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
i know its brawl and yeah i wouldnt run a brawl tournament because id be too busy not running a brawl tournament and watching tv and eating doritos and stuff, btw ima break ur stupid softban rule.
And you'll lose to a Sonic because you are not a good brawl player, and nothing you john about will ever change that.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
lol, I love it when you two argue.
it's a bit annoying having to fight meta, but snake is almost as bad I guess.
I suppose meta isnt too bad in Sydney, I need's anti-meta practice!

Dekar289

Smash Hero
soft ban is stupid
it's not even a rule
people who play meta will play meta
meta will win

ComboTurtle

Smash Lord
And you'll lose to a Sonic because you are not a good brawl player, and nothing you john about will ever change that.

and you will never get sex cause ur face looks like it caught on fire and someone put it out with a screw driver.

jamus

Smash Apprentice
Shaya I think you should make the "soft ban" rule a proper rule and not just something you "expect" from expereienced players.

Otherwise you shouldn't have the softban rule at all.

planetstereo

Smash Ace
Now, Now boys, Love and peaceful is good, lets not get into a cat fight.
This isnt so bad, its just like the old days when we all thought Roy was better than Marth.

(bU7 Roy h@s f1re!!11!!1!!!! - we've all been there remember) :psycho:
Anyway the point im trying to make is that we should all smoke the proverbial peace-pipe of Smash.
And then suddenly we will all realise that MK really really isnt that bad to verse anyway. sure he might act like a total badass most of the time, but deep down he probably want you to braid his hair and sing hippy songs till Kirby comes home to make dinner.:chuckle:
anyway
peace
stereo

P.S. Dont do drugs kids.........:bee:

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
but shaya and combo fighting is funny, they do it for the lol's.
and like shaya said there aren't many MK's in NSW anyway.

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
He's only not enforcing a softban to its greatest effect cause he uses Meta Knight. :p

Doesn't bother me whichever way we take this. I'm probably more for not banning a character.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Ceremonial BUMP.

27th of September

AND IF THE VENUE IS FREE (looks like it will be) and the first one WORKS OUT (i.e. they're happy with us), FOURTH OF OCTOBER FOR NRL GRAND FINALS AWESOMENESS.

TV dedicated to the finals will be most likely.

TWO TOURNAMENTS ON TWO WEEKENDS IN A ROW?

HOLY **** SHAYA.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Wait, what happened to Western Sydney 5? I'm so confused.

Where's the venue?

What'll the schedule look like?

*goes off to read first post in the hope these questions are answered*

Edit: Bowling? SWEET.

D0N

Smash Ace
Ill go if there is housing available for me.

and Shaya if your banning the D3 standing infinate, does that include the small step or not?

Edit: nevermind that last bit, I guess your still working on the rules

Top Bottom