• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[NSW] Boost: REBOOT - Sunday, the 11th of September 2011

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
FFFFFFIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSHHHED D UNI EXAMS

leaving planet for a higher place soon

i agree with the universe...DON dont leave
you have to beat me in a tourney set first =)

D0N

Smash Ace
I <3 D0N fan club

He's a bit too nice for an American, what up?
I am? lol I guess so, I dunno why.

And scoot glad to see you stopped your I quit mode ;).

Shaya I have to admit I will be highly disappoointed if I don't do it at Stigma. It's my goal next to beating attila in our MM.

swordsaint

Smash Master
ugh, it's gonna be so hard on me to have to watch that suicide again..... I couldn't even be angry at it, it was just saaaaaaaaaaaaad

Vermy

Smash Champion
You'd clearly want to listen to the brilliantly witty commentary by myself, condog, SD and Luke. I know I do.

Drinking game: do a shot everytime you hear the word "Gay".

C~Dog

Smash Champion
I didnt say much. And i have the feeling the audio for the grandfinals is quote-unquote corrupted.

In retrospect, it was funny at the time, but hugely disrespectful and offputting to ted and shaya :<

tibs7

Smash Champion
sorry vermy imma let you finish but, ADHD was/is the greatest smasher of all time. OF ALL TIME

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Me too, NSW commentators are generally the worst. Very unpro at times.

The difference being I'll let them know they suck in-game ;)

...Ellipsis...

Smash Lord
I hear the commentary got out of hand, we all know that it was because I wasn't there to keep it in line. There would have been less insults and more disscussion about random stuff, like Charles the farmer from picto chat. I wonder how he is going and I don't think we gave him a deep enough biography, I mean does he have a family and what do they do? I hope that mabye in future tournaments Toby SD and myself may be able to find the answers to these questions and many more.

Vermy

Smash Champion
Tibs, I legitimately am diagnosed with ADHD. Jerk. XD

No disrespect was intended, Ted. Playing "gay" successfully with Wario is very impressive imo. I've been trying to tell Ugly that he'd win more if he played more evasively but he won't listen. =/

S.D

Smash Master
I hear the commentary got out of hand, we all know that it was because I wasn't there to keep it in line. There would have been less insults and more disscussion about random stuff, like Charles the farmer from picto chat. I wonder how he is going and I don't think we gave him a deep enough biography, I mean does he have a family and what do they do? I hope that mabye in future tournaments Toby SD and myself may be able to find the answers to these questions and many more.
This is the type of thing that annoys some people unfortunately.

Truth is we have to talk about something, and if noone is being hit there's really nothing relevant to say.

@ Cao: Sorry you feel that way.

@ Ted: What were your exact complaints so that we can avoid making the same mistakes in future.

Pretty much everything we say is tongue in cheek anyway, its not meant to be taken seriously. Sorry to those who were offended by anything we said, I assure you we are never out to do anything of the sort.

Most of them time we were just on some tangent, but when we were actually discussing the gameplay we gave due credit to the players, or so I thought anyway.

Silfa

Smash Ace
I should really be studying and finishing off some work at the moment, but here it goes anyway.

Luke: Thanks for driving us all over the place. You did well as usual. And I really have no idea what else to say here now, haha. I wonder how I'll go with the rest of these.. Anyway, will get that money to you probably this week.

Ted: Thanks for having us over at your place for the weekend. Congrats on 2nd! Those melee games probably really helped my terrible melee game. Hopefully I can put up a bit more of a challenge in the future.

Scabe: Dude, our team is getting somewhere now haha. I reckon we did really well and you probably carried me through some of the games. Good work on making the bracket. Link for mid tier... lol.

Shaya: Nice work on getting this whole tournement business together. The venue, the food, it's all pretty great. Pretty much annihilated me once I got off stage when we play, I just have no idea lol. First place isn't too shabby.

Liam: Metaknight is a toughy. It's cool using him, doesn't bother me much at all. I enjoyed our matches nonetheless. Should get around to some more DK dittos in the future.

Meteor: We got to play some singles and I finally get to see how nuts your Ness can be. They were probably the most fun games I had all day. and the spikes.. how they destroyed me, haha.

Toby: Those doubles games were tough. I just got absolutely destroyed by squirtle, it was pretty nuts. Really bad luck with the ivy SD. :(

Vermy: Your squirtle was giving me heaps of trouble too. He's kinda crazy. Good games in both pools and in those doubles matches. Next time we'll take our ganons off easy mode :cool:

EA: Only played you in those doubles, which I really had some fun with. We should get some more friendlies in the future.

Melancholy: It was good seeing you again man. Thanks for all those games of melee we had, I think they've encouraged me to pick up a bit of spamus, I really had fun with her. You really have improved.

Summoner: Those doubles matches against you and Melancholy were tough! They were good fun.

SD: Again, someone I only played in doubles, but you're diddy was on the ball as usual. Nice work on first in teams.

Bjay: The couple of friendlies we had were good. Looks like you've got the chaingrab down now! Had no idea what to do lol. Thanks for the games of jump. A cool guy as always mr. personality. ;)

Nova: Ah, you should've taken my place in the bracket hey? You're olimar gave me so much trouble, wow. It's probably a character I should learn some more stuff about. Sorry if it was somehow my fault in anyway though. You're a really good player.

FTS: 4 way Moss kong games were so crazy haha. I had no idea what was going on half the time, but they were really great fun. We should get some singles/dittos next time. Looking forward to playing you more in the future.

D0N: I learnt a lot from you back when we played awhile back and just watching you has probably given my DK a bit of a boost. The DK 4 ways were insane lol. Up b breaking is pretty cool. I wish you luck and I hope to hear of your tournament endeavours in America. You really will be missed.

tibs7

Smash Champion
jon's shoutouts just reminded of the lol bomberman train rides when rocky was on ...how i miss them....:(

unreon

Smash Ace
D0N we love you man, please don't go :(

At least have a beer with the rest of us before you go!

We should organise a proper D0N farewell! Parties and drinks and music and hookers - it'll be great.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
NSW commentators are the best imo, too hilarious.

I don't know about disrespectful commentary; I didn't watch most of the finals since I was packing all my stuff up. But a part of me is like "jeez be respectful guys," while another part is like "they should be blocking it all out anyway." Either way, I eagerly await the finals being put up, since I didn't actually see most of the games.

I LAG

Smash Lord
D0N will you miss me? coz i know i will miss you. Win those MMs at pound 4 for me ^_^

also the commentary is always bad when i'm not there to keep it PG-13

D0N

Smash Ace
Sure I will I_LAG :).

Unreon you should go to stigma if you aren't already.

Scabe

Successful Businessman
Just like everyone, I also felt the tourney was kinda meh. But I still had a really great time because I played really well! :D

That ******* burger wasn’t as great as everyone it was. Maybe it’s because I didn’t take the burger out of my bag and when I ate it the burger, I ate some of the bag. :cry:

I’ve saved many matches on to my SD card and I’ll post here again once they’re uploaded. A valuable lesson I’ve learnt is to save as many matches as you can!

Also not many shoutouts I see, I guess everyone's busy...

SHOUTOUTS!:

Bjay

Gah we didn’t get to play any Smash together at all, but I’m glad that I got to play you in Jump. That was so much fun! We really need to gather all the Jump players and have a Jump tourney.

Condog
You and Leisha made a very good team when we played at Toby’s. It was good to finally play you in some singles and also it was nice to chat with you too. Link’s DACUS > Kirby’s Inhale :p

D0N
Nice MM, I thought I got ***** by you but I actually did quite well after watching the replays. It was good to see you again, and do our Zelda + Link team. Sorry I was fail when we first started but at the end of the day we actually had great teamwork. Will miss you when you leave, and enjoy that 5 dollars on strippers and such. :mad:

e_alert
I’m so afraid of your Ice Climbers. You pull off those chain grabs so well. I was so lucky when I won that match because it looked like it was the end for me when I died at like 0 percent. I say keep working on your IC’s and forget about MK.

Elipsis
Ike vs Link is so freaking epic. Your such a good player, I don’t even understand how you got so good. I thought you were a DK mainer, but you sadden me with your MK.

Foxy
That shoutout that you gave me, made no sense when you started talking about all those AT’s. I really wish you could have shown and taught me IZAC and SMS. :’(
Anyways it was good to hang out with you in the car and play Bomberma and have some karaoke. I’m so lucky I didn’t smell whatever it was that was in the car. Also nice friendlies we had. Link > Toon Link haha ;P

FTS
I told you man, all you have to do is keep playing me and eventually you’ll start ****** me, which is what you did. All the characters you used in doubles at the end of the night was ****. I hope you raged at my Zair on DK muwahaha. Good games man, and thanks for coming up to me and asking to play :D

gords
I was really impressed at your Toon Link when you were playing Liam. Man that kill you did against me was so epic that I wish we got to save it. Nice chatting to you in Burger Fuel.

Hotdogs

Wow you’ve got a real tough Kirby I must say, the way you used your hammer got me everytime I air dodged. I wish we got to have more friendlies but I’m happy with a 1-1 score although if you count Rocky the record is 2-1 me :p. Also your girlfriend is hot… I felt sorry for her because she must have been so bored there.

LeishaChu
It’s nice and refreshing to have a girl at the tourney, especially one as pretty as you...Alright I’ll quit with the hitting on girlfriends thing. It was really nice to talk to you and play you in doubles, but we didn’t get any singles though D:

luke_atyeo
Thanks for letting me tag along with you to the tourney. Sydney’s roads suck and it was good and bad to see you rage. I love hanging out with you because your so funny and stuff. How much money do I owe you? I hate how I had to play you in Brackets D: And just you watch out, Hyrule Kings Of Swing will beat the Walls of Elysium one day.
Also…COK STAIN!!

Melancholy_Aus
You were so epic in teams. It was good to see you and chat to you again. We didn’t get to play any Melee :O but at least we had some Brawl friendlies. Sorry if it seemed like I was sandbagging, I honestly wasn’t, I was just so tired and my Jigglypuff is just so much fail now. Keep improving.

Meteor
I swear I thought you lived in Melbourne. Anyways, it was really an honour to finally play you. Your Ness is so tricky with his PK Thunder. You killed me twice with PK Thunder 2! And what is it with you and epic comebacks, I was doing so well against Sonic and Ness in pools, and then you have this massive comeback.

Nova
Man you really need to stick with a main because I reckon your good enough to make it out of pools. I had no idea you played Olimar, and Olimar was ****. I wish I saved that match where you ***** me, but I did save one of the Ganon vs Link ones.

Pirate.
Your Wario is so good man. I wish I got to play you more, but that one match was still good!

S.D

I never ever get to have any friendlies with you, it’s always because your so busy doing your matches. Why can’t you lose for once and join me! Congrats on winning doubles!

SCAR1
As much as I dislike you on the internet, your not so bad in real life. Good work on beating me in the bracket. I really would like more games against you since MK is one of my hardest matchups.

Shaya
Wow your Marth in Melee is as nuts as your Brawl Marth. Same thing as SD, I would have liked friendlies against you but your always so busy.

Silfa
Hyrule Kings of Swing AKA LinDK :p is really coming along now! We have such great team work, and I can’t believe we pulled off our epic footstool combo (it really needs a name). Anyways if we stick with this team and not go partner off with hot chicks then I know we’ll just continue to do better.

SummonerAU
Wow your such a good player. In doubles you were frightening, and your Kirby and Jigglypuff was really good, I had a really tough time with Jigglypuff and I reckon you should keep using her.

swordsaintscoot
Thanks for all the training you gave me. Even after all that MK practice I still couldn’t beat Scar. I guess I’m pretty certain now that my Link > Over your Link :p, and wow your Falco is freaking tough. You should have taught me what to do against him since he’s one of my harder matchups. ;~;

tedeth
Thanks for letting me stay at your place! And for once I finally got to play you. It was good playing you in singles and doubles and in Bomberman. Man I’m still too good at that game :’D

Toby.
The doubles we had was intense, and it was so close. You and Meteor have such great chemistry in teams. I now regret that I didn’t get to play you in singles , gah I should have quit that match against Liam. I’m really sorry, I hope we get to meet again.

Turtle

Still ***** me in Melee as always! You said you’d play me in Melee which was nice but I never got around to it.

Zero
The matches we had were freaking epic, and I’m so glad I got to save them all. I’m not sure but I think we tied 3-3, but in my opinion your ZSS > Link. Those were some of my favorite games of the day since every last stock would somehow end in an epic way. The matches will be up on YouTube soon.

AdmiralComrade
Thanks for the shoutout, I just wish I got to know who you were/play you.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431

AdmiralComrade

Smash Journeyman
Lol scabe i was the other asian guy (besides bjjjaaaaaaaay) =P

and yes twas epic cause i had a picture of a chimney! =P and below me was epic beef burger <3

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
ok ***s time for some shoutouts

Canberra crew!

Scabe: lol you are a funny funny kid, and I love your shoutouts, espcially when half the people's photos didnt even have them in it, your link is getting pretty **** now and its good to see you have fun and make a name for yourself, lets start the link for mid tier bandwagon! great work getting into the bracket

Silfa: its great to hang out with you man, when its you me and scabe everything is twice as lols and I have so much fun, even when raging in a car. great work for you too getting into the bracket, its a shame everyone knows the DK matchup now though, but we'll have to conduct some secret canberra training.

isaac:: :( needs more piesaac

Ted: yeah your practically a canberrian, so you'll have to live with that. thanks heaps for letting me stay and chillin and stuff, and I'm sorry about the whole "nah I'm ****ed I dont wanna play the doubles finals" thing, but I was pretty ****ed. I'll make it up to you by 6 stocking tripping tipper balls next time, and they thought they would **** rocky... brb I'm just going to go fall on the floor laughing at that.

- and sorry about the commentary, any offense was not intentional, and we mostly just talked about stupid but funny unrealated stuff-

toby: also an adopted canberrian as the history books go, you finally opened the dark door in your soul, but YOU OPENED THE WRONG ONE!!! where was your epic snake aside from in your pants? anyways great to see you, hanging out with you is the best and I'm still raging that we didnt even get to play naruto, or enough smash, or anything. dammit!

foxy: just thought I'd put you in here instead of being part of the rest... you are deffs one of my fav smashers, and we sure had some lols. also great work against my fox, I thought it was getting pretty good but you know fox inside and out, I can tell that with a bit more expericance you'll become a serial rapist so dont get too dissapointed when you dont make it through to the bracket.

Qld...

Hotdogs: well we finally played again, wouldnt really call it a rematch unless its a tourney match,
'Looks like you're a lot better than me now since we last vs'd" I dunno man, it was pretty even between us, but I look forward to some more matches ;)

J-birds: sorry we didnt get to play at all, but I was just feeling like **** that day and didnt really care about anything, but we'll get some snake dittos in for sure, apparently hotdogs says my playstyle is very similar to yours so maybe we can pick some things up off each other.

the rest...

Cao: aww when cao doesnt have a good time we're all sad :( I didnt really talk to you much, but I should have, brawl is pretty gay huh? I hope you enjoy yourself more next time.
"Me too, NSW commentators are generally the worst. Very unpro at times." lol good joke.

Tibs: where the **** were you!?

condog: you've improved heaps eh? those were some dam close matches, shame about the whole stupid 3 way tie dog**** and you not getting into the bracket, our pool was ****ed.

vermy: lols those matches falcon v ganon were great, but just a friendly tip, when your opponents get you down to a 2 on 1 and then they both jump off trying to suicide and take you with them, due to whole thing being fun and not serious, then in such instances it probably isnt a good idea to them yell at them about how good you are and how much you just ***** them, it only makes you look stupid, so try to tone that down a bit eh? otherwise it was all good, your falcon is one of the better ones I've played for sure.

SD: I think the term "winnerman" describes you well both in game and IRL, your the best, had some fun games as usual which is great because when I lose to you, I really felt like I was out smarted and out played, not out gayed. I'll send you up some of our famous "adult fireworks" ;)

shaya: grats on first in singles and doubles, but dont get too comfy eh? good job running the tourney etc etc... I give you **** but I'm always willing to help out.

ricky: its a good thing, but also a bad thing that we didnt get to play... and I forgot to play you in dissidia FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU... good to see you though, we should have chilled more.

bjay: should have chilled with you too, sorry I left my jump at teds :(

FTS: ****ing finally... great to see you again, bad luck about how long it took you to warm up but you'll **** next time

AK: good to finally see you again too, like I said if you want snake tips just ask, and I think I could learn a trick or too from you as well, I didnt see you play much but what I did see was impressive.

DON: aghh I had you man! but as usual you were calm and didnt get pressured and instead make a **** comeback, and it was well earnt.

liam: didnt even get to play you, what a gib, and you totally could have sold the briefcase thing more.

Ilag: wow, you've improved a ridiculous amount, like holy ****, I was really impressed, and you could have had shaya, you need to stop relying on that stupid nado move, seriously if you had just kept played without nado you would have won.

EA: lol nice C falcon skills, and I bet your happy that you finally didnt have to play me eh? also I'm pretty sure I said I could take the tv there but not back. sorry that I cant be everywhere with my car but I'm not a taxi service and I already had a full car.

nova: ****ING ****! I still didnt get to talk to you or even play you! sigh, oh well you seem like a pretty cool guy so I'm sure I'll get to at some point.

summoner: lols, NOT WEEGEE, FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

zero: ahh sorry about the gay 3 way ties and ****, but I had fun playing you, except I forgot how **** the armour pieces were.... still good to see you again.

Stereo: it was good of you to drop by, sorry I didnt talk to you more during lunch and stuff but I was pretty tired and cranky, still it was great to see you even if just for a little bit, and if you ever come past my place again drop in for a visit.

whew, I think thats it... sorry if I forgot anyone (or am I?)

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Well Ted said he could take the TV until I could pick it up, and I thought you were fine with that too after we spoke on the phone. I don't really see why you would have room on the way but not the way back, but really, is it so wrong of me to feel cut when you didn't end up doing what I thought you said you would do (and was relying on)?

Sorry if it was a misunderstanding on my part, though.

And yeah, I'm pretty glad I didn't have to play you, repeatedly losing to the same person consecutively over several tourneys is not fun. lawl

Attila - thx br0, I feel like those were really close and I could have won if I was just a little more on form for that match, so I have complete confidence in you. :3

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
well thats why I wrote, I'm pretty sure, because I wasnt sure if I was the one who ****ed up or not, so if I did say the wrong thing my bad, I'm sorry.

...Ellipsis...

Smash Lord
Yeah Luke the brief-case didn't really work so well, I'm going to blame this on both me and toby being, like everyone else, meh. Wasn't really feeling well that day and was stessing about an exam which I had the next day and hadn't studied much for due to smash lol. Next tournament will be much better cause it will be in the holidays and everyone will be more chilled out. :)

Also any more info on SQUAT yet?

Top Bottom