• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[NSW] Boost: REBOOT - Sunday, the 11th of September 2011

Rad

Smash Ace
Read zxv's interview recently in relation to all the questions about how he improved.
Do you do that?
Do you put in the work he did in so many ways?
He entered the smash scene ready to improve with a large and rich base of knowledge to go from.
What zxv did was exactly what I DID continuously and tirelessly up until July of last year. There's no cheap way out from just playing some good players and getting face rolled over and over.
Shaya, calm down.

If your analysis of me is that "I'm bitter because I suck, even though I haven't put any effort into understanding my character or into understanding myself," then you couldn't be further from the truth.

I've put a lot of time and effort into building up a large base knowledge, which is still growing. I am always analysing myself as well; looking for issues that need fixing.

I am not looking for a 'cheap way out from just playing some good players,' I only felt it would be more productive getting experience against them.

Also; I'm not bitter about sucking.

There's no way Rad could apply these concepts to a match against somebody like Tedeth, because non perfect spacing will result in rapid death. The odds of a low level player actually understanding what is happening to them (and retaining that information, whilst desperately trying to avoid getting 3 stocked) are slim.
Reading through your post I think that you're completely right. While I still feel there's some value in versing top players (which if asked to explain I would find impossible), you've changed my thinking on Amateur Bracket.

Also; how is that picking on me? c:<

I'm sorry if you get frustrated with the way I play Sonic, Rad. It's probably Ness main instinct to be as merciless against a Marth as possible. =/
Would be happy to give you some tips for both the Sonic and Ness matchup if you're ever after them.
Haha, I wasn't calling you out or anything! I'd really appreciate some friendlies / tips of course, but don't get me wrong, I meant frustrated in a good way. Being forced to rack my brain as you spin around tauntingly is not something that makes me rage when it's all over.

Toby.

Smash Master
I agree that playing top players is useful. Playing people much better than you is one of the main methods of moving forwards if you hit a skill plateau.

Although I believe that it's better to face those better players in friendlies rather than in tournament, if you have the choice.

Shaya, I think you were too hard on Rad. He seems to put in more work than the majority of the NSW scene.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I wasn't talking directly about rad at all though...
Gah talk about insulting the wrong people :(

You gave an opinion on the amateur bracket notion in general.
I argued for it, not against you.

Of course I know you've put a lot of work and research into this game.
I've BEEN THERE most of the time. Reading your insights/answering your questions/etc.

aka.carpet003

Smash Cadet
Shaya, calm down.

If your analysis of me is that "I'm bitter because I suck, even though I haven't put any effort into understanding my character or into understanding myself," then you couldn't be further from the truth.

I've put a lot of time and effort into building up a large base knowledge, which is still growing. I am always analysing myself as well; looking for issues that need fixing.

I am not looking for a 'cheap way out from just playing some good players,' I only felt it would be more productive getting experience against them.

Also; I'm not bitter about sucking.
I'm bitter about sucking. how do you find the time to research smash?!

planetstereo

Smash Ace
Wait. Wait. What did I miss? I was too busy being rediculously goodlooking. Anyway I think its time for me to ask how everyone is in the the most un-cliched way possible.

How? Is... it? Surely not. Blue and orange. Yes.

ComboTurtle

Smash Lord
amateur bracket ftw i always end up with like liam zxv and shaya. Also i took a match off you in brawl last time we played zxv :)

patv

Smash Journeyman
Will we be using the amateur bracket as a form of seeding? Like use the placing from that bracket and the power rank of the other players to seed

dainbramage

Smash Journeyman
Boost XV - This sunday, 22nd of August. See you there.

Boost XVI - Sunday, 12th of September.

This Is It 2 - Featuring Mew2King - Sunday, September 26th.
Guys, shaya just provided more than a month week's warning before a tourney. The universe is about to implode.

Top Bottom