• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[NSW] Boost: REBOOT - Sunday, the 11th of September 2011

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Poor Shaya, having to wait half an hour after hours for a train.

So like, I heard that (most places) outside the airport line run trains every half hour standard, every hour+ after hours. It's pretty rad.

Re: 29th. I'll be pressed for money, but I'm sure I can make it if I don't eat for a week or something.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
hmm dunno if I could make the 29th, and I think being so close to squat alot of other people probably wouldnt either.

tibs7

Smash Champion
ahaha, i just wanted a reaction but didnt get one...:(
ill take him in mkds and dkr, i hate mk64 though...
so we are MM'ing in mkds at squat.

I LAG

Smash Lord
i can come on the 29th ^_^

and i need to play don before he leaves because he refused to play me last time ;-;

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
There will not be a tournament on the 29th.

Sorry for the delay of confirming this,
the next one will most likely be on the 7th of December (Monday)
and will get confirmation probably over the weekend.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
so what you're saying is
don's last tournament in aus is this sunday, in melbourne

for 2009 anyway ;)

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
and also what are the advantages of having the R and L buttons not clickk?
do you mean like me and toby's controllers where the springs are taken out of the triggers so that they are more like a normal button and less like a pressure sensitive trigger (not sure how else to describe it) because if so, the advantages are being able to shield and dodge and stuff just a little quicker and easier.

the disadvantages however are if you are playing melee you cant light shield at will, and often the button will get stuck causing you to constantly shield making you unable to do anything but roll, grab and jump. although if that happens just be luigi, somehow I managed win a tourney match like that...

S.D

Smash Master
Bikes, yeah i guess they're pretty interesting...

Smash64 has a new tier list if anyone cares at all: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=8497038

segway into

Offtopic question of curiosity: Concerning melee... what qualities must a cube controller hav to be a 'good fox controller'... and also what are the advantages of having the R and L buttons not clickk?
I have the world's greatest fox control so I can probably answer that.

Basically it just has to be really smooth in all aspects, so it needs to be sort of worn in. Shoulder buttons really nice and smooth, never 'sticks' analog that isn't too stiff and general smoothness in all the buttons I suppose. idk why but some controls just feel incredibly easy to use and others feel slow, sticky and clunky.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
i usually use 5 other people's controllers in one tourney, doesn't make a difference

Pirate.

Smash Apprentice
@ Luke: ty for the reply :bee:. I'm not really sure what i meant, haha, but i didn't know of the usefull-ness of no springs for brawl either, makes sense tho cause brawl doesn't use the pressure mechanism of the L/R buttons. Are modded controllers legal :p?

My question was mainly prompted by: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=8709497 <-- that thread.
They were talking about tearing the little rubber clickers in the L/R button, so they didn't click when fully compressed (i think).

So ilag just admitted he had spindly little girl fingers, i knew it! :laugh:.
@Ilag: i think there are guides on the net, and even possibly on smashboards about taking the springs out of your troller.

EDIT: forgot i was writing this post, then came back to it like an hour later to find replies (after i posted) :)

@S.D: ah sweet, thanks muchly for clearing that up :bee:.
Are there any characters where a good controller is 'particularly' necessary?

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
there are guides on the net, but I watching mine get done and its a very delicate operation, one little mistake and you've screwed your trigger, I wouldnt recomend trying.

tkls

Smash Apprentice
is it just a case of careful opening followed by removing 2 springs?

Top Bottom