• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[NSW] Boost: REBOOT - Sunday, the 11th of September 2011

Gords

Smash Champion
A tourney on the 28th. Hmm. I may make my smashfest a sat meet only so we can go to the tourney. Or may cancel it completely as interest seems low.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
oh shi- wow I totally forgot gords's meet was on that weekend

now this make look like a 'go against everything that is shaya' post, and while that may not be entirely untrue (although I do do favours for him from time to time) I think its wrong that shaya host a tourney that weekend

gords already 'dibs'd the date' if you will, and it would be unfair on him for you to overide him, dont you think shaya?

as for intrest seemly low, its probably because no-one really plans for this stuff until last minute and what not, but I can confirm act will be there.

edit now that I feel like it -

I'd like to use the following image to put forward my thoughts about you two.

I lol'd at your picture, it was funny, but do you really think I'm being a baby about this? what would you do if shaya just hit you for no 'good' reason and then claimed he was in the right and you were wrong, would you put up with his ****? probably not because I reckon you'd have punched the ****er out and he would wake up in hospital with a drip (only the drip wouldnt have liquid in it, it'd have a piece of steak)

it tooks a very mature person to refrain from doing anything back to him and instead laugh it off, and thats what I did.

and let that be a lesson to all of you (lol) last I heard people who hit other people at tourneys get banned from them.

Rad

Smash Ace
I leave for Japan on like the 29th and won't be back till just before Thriller. I might be able to make the 28th, but it's doubtful. (ie, I'll probably find a way)

Being a horrible player I would favour jumbo pools over middle tier.

tedeth

Smash Master
Yeah Luke you were strong to not punch him in the face but the argument seemed to just become:

"You yelled in my ear!"

"You hit me in the head!"

EDIT: Also the picture was just plain hilarious. That was my main reason for it. :p

patv

Smash Journeyman
hey guys what did did you finish? were the doubles still on? is that why your getting rid of low tier? cos thats liek the only thing i have a chance in, haha

Sieg

Smash Champion
it tooks a very mature person to refrain from doing anything back to him and instead laugh it off, and thats what I did.

and let that be a lesson to all of you (lol) last I heard people who hit other people at tourneys get banned from them.
I would have hit him. Lol.

EDIT: Bwahahahha, ****ing legendary Cao and Billy.

I WANT TO DO IT TOO.

Zero

Smash Hero
Next tournament will be on the 28th.
Probably will be the final one before Thriller.
Unless randomly the room is free again on the 4th and I (as well as everyone else who shows up) are clinically insane.

Im not sure if I will run Middle Tier or not. I think I may. But probably should run pools magic.
boo you! I'm going home that weekend for my birthday T_T.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Oh god your birthday :(
Youll finally be able to drink... :(

Im seeing this is overlapping with a couple of things people are wanting to do (including Gords super meet), BUT I think people would want good tournament practice as close to thriller as possible.

tedeth

Smash Master
I know I would.

It would be a good warmup for thriller.

EDIT: Yeah let's do a tourney at Gords' meet. :)

ANOTHER EDIT: We should just pull a Melbourne and make an entire thread devoted to deciding if we do Gords' meet or Shaya's tourney. :p

MORE EDITING: Is anyone going to Animania this wknd?

Zero

Smash Hero
lol Animania. I decided against it this time. August/September one is always better anyway. At least they got the Tech Park for the March session this year. Last year's hotel was soooooo cramped.

ALTHOUGH I MIGHT STILL GO.

Zero

Smash Hero
If we could print off a bunch of flyers and give them out at their Smash "tournament", we may be able to attract quite a few people.

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
I also agree that having something on a date someone else has already planned would be a jerk move. Making it free but with entry fee is...silly. You can get practice at Gords' meet.

inb4 too lazy to travel to Gords' meet

tedeth

Smash Master
If we could print off a bunch of flyers and give them out at their Smash "tournament", we may be able to attract quite a few people.
Exactly

I also agree that having something on a date someone else has already planned would be a jerk move. Making it free but with entry fee is...silly. You can get practice at Gords' meet.

inb4 too lazy to travel to Gords' meet
Exactly

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Im not trying to undermine anyone/anything; BUT what would you prefer, no tournament up until Thriller or not :\

You seemed happy about me saying tournament on the 28th before Ted -.-
Considering a tournament can have a capacity for 20-40 people, whilst Gords meet would probably have issues managing that many people...

eRonin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
eRonin
3DS FC
3969-5180-1975
There is an extremely high chance that you will never ever see me again because there is an extremely high chance that I will never ever go to another tournament.

tedeth

Smash Master
I think a tourney would be good. However, if we're having a tourney with no entry fee and no prize money, it's basically a meet that we have to pay to go to and don't get to stay as long at.

Gords

Smash Champion
Wow, after joking that i was reposting the details too many times it still seems that some poeple havent read the whole post.
Expect to see BRAWL, MELEE, SSB64, NSMBW, MK NDS, MK64, PKM HGSS, PPL, XS ENERGY and more. Also very likely that i will hold a house tourney or put on crue matches on saturday arvo. A little bit of something for everyone so your all welcome. 'Doesn't matter if your black or white' everyboday can come along. Canberra guys, Hunter Valley/Newcastle guys, Sydney guys even OoSers, your all welcome to an epic fun filled weekend of smash.
Im seeing this is overlapping with a couple of things people are wanting to do (including Gords super meet), BUT I think people would want good tournament practice as close to thriller as possible.
this was the whole reason why i chose this date to begin with.

Considering a tournament can have a capacity for 20-40 people, whilst Gords meet would probably have issues managing that many people...
what has the average tournout been for boost at the current location, not including this is it and the last one with SF4 players?
My last STD had about 20 poeple in the house at the one time without any issues, i cant see a problem with it again. As ted says a tourney without an entry fee is basically a meet, therefore seen more casualy than competively as your other usual tourneys.

If a tourney was to be at my place the better day would be sat though since poeple that want to be at my place for the weekend can leave on sunday at a reasonable hour, not to mention be alert on the sat as on sunday probably will be sleep deprived.

This is how i see it.
Either it is a casual tourney at Manhatan Bowling, sunday, $5 for venue, $10 for lunch, no prize money, running late and the hassel of going home at such a late hour if they want to stay till the end.
OR
Tourney at my place, Saturday, $5 for tourney = prize money but still keeping the casual feel (since it is at a house), free cans of drink (while stocks last), $5 to chip in for pizza for dinner (probs wont do a works outing if a tourney is being held), for those who wish to stay late or those who have already planned to can stay the night, where epic crew matches can be held far into the night.
(the only thing here is though is a bit of organiosing has to be planned before hand so i can prepare the house for extra people and mums garage sale outside. still will be plenty of space on reserve and front lawn and road for parking.)

peoples thoughts

gords already 'dibs'd the date' if you will, and it would be unfair on him for you to overide him, dont you think shaya?

as for intrest seemly low, its probably because no-one really plans for this stuff until last minute and what not, but I can confirm act will be there.
yeah, i was comparing it to last time i did this where interest was expressed staright away. i kinda didnt realise how the comunity has changed since then. thanks for the confirmation though Luke.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I said I could maybe run the tournament without a prize fee.
This boost had 37 smash entrants, TII had like 42?

I just cannot believe I am being called a jerk for wanting to run a proper tournament to give people practice before thriller.
I get called selfish by people like ted and luke all the god **** time whilst others seem to make out running tournaments is a piece of cake?
I feel a lot of animosity about this; I suppose me cancelling the tournament and me sleeping in to 2pm is a lot less selfish.

Rad

Smash Ace
So like, I can (semi) confirm that my friend and I can come to this tourney on the 28th. It would be better for me if I knew whether the tourney is actually going ahead sooner rather than later. Doesn't matter too much tho

edit: I hope it goes ahead.

tedeth

Smash Master
I never called you selfish Shaya. I realised that in retrospect if I was planning a meet for like 2 months and then a week and a half before it someone was like "oh come to this instead" and everyone did I'd be quite annoyed. God **** it why do you always think I'm attacking you?

Look, how about we all go to Gords' thing, then go to the tourney on the Sunday. Even if we had a late start or something. Then everyone's happy.

EDIT: After reading all my posts relating to this discussion I can't see how I was attacking you in any way Shaya. Stop accusing me of **** I'm not doing.

Sieg

Smash Champion
Seriously.

Shaya, Ted/Luke. You guys have some ****ing issues you need to sort out.

I read this thread every now and then and all I see is you three ****ing each other in the ***.

Seriously, get over your ****ing petty hate for each other.

Gords

Smash Champion
I said I could maybe run the tournament without a prize fee.
This boost had 37 smash entrants, TII had like 42?

I just cannot believe I am being called a jerk for wanting to run a proper tournament to give people practice before thriller.
I get called selfish by people like ted and luke all the god **** time whilst others seem to make out running tournaments is a piece of cake?
I feel a lot of animosity about this; I suppose me cancelling the tournament and me sleeping in to 2pm is a lot less selfish.
I am certainly not calling you a jerk, nor selfish shaya, although i do find it a bit rude to set that date well after i had announced that i was doing this on the same date.
I also know that it takes a great amount of effort on your part to organise and run your tourneys, and if a tourney at my house would be upgraded from a casual house tourney as it was previously planned to a proper style tourney i would definately appreciate your help, since you have done this before. (same for SD if i were to run melee here as well, which i definately would like to if it is held at my place)

EDIT
also shay i wanted average attendance not including those two tournaments and while your at it, what would be your estimated attandence for a tourney on the 28th?

Top Bottom