• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[NSW] Power Rankings #5.00000001337 (4/11)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tedeth

Smash Master
imo ted should now be like 5th or 6th
Are you an idiot? I won the biggest tourney of the year thus far. Not only that, but I dominated it. Power rankings take into account someone playing badly on a day. They aren't toally rankings based, but also consider circumstances of losing and winning. Learn how power rankings work and come back afterwards.

The only position I could possibly be is 2nd or 3rd. I think in terms of power ranking status me and toby are pretty much even, with Shaya ahead of us. How could you possibly justify 5th or 6th?

swordsaint

Smash Master
he cant, but i think currently, 3rd is more fitting for you ted

i came 4th again (my current power ranking) so any changes shouldn't affect me immediately

don should be 5th right now
Meteor
Liam
Luke
SD
???? insert here - zero's missing a lot of tournament and should be replaced by someone a little more consistent IMO.

I LAG

Smash Lord
ted i was joking. i just said that because of your post.
i think S.D is really underrated
and i dont know why luke has been going so bad the last few tourneys

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
The way placements are shifted 'hopefully' come under an ideal such as,
a player succeeds over another when they thoroughly prove it.

This unfortunately leaves some of the latter placements in the list really hard. Someone already on the power rankings has proven their placement, and is over all given a benefit of the doubt.
We have one player who hasn't attended much recently, and only one player could really be argued to replace that spot.
However, that one player hasn't excelled, he hasn't breached top 8 even with that one player not being there.

Not saying names, but the variables should be reasonably obvious.

At the moment three of the four panelists have agreed to a new list.
Zero hasn't partaken in it's discussion, and he may decide not to for various reasons.

kapish?

Zero

Smash Hero
:(

It's all in the past now.

It'll comfort you JP, that I'll be making my glorious comeback mid November, if not at Rocky. :)

I LAG

Smash Lord
<.< stupid power rankings just making it EXTREMELY hard for people who aren't power ranked to make it out of pools and harder to get seeded well so then harder to make it further through the bracket which makes it harder to get power ranked

swordsaint

Smash Master
If you deserve a spot on the power rankings you can outplay those that are power ranked in pools and make the bracket that way.

Either way, there is only 10 spots in the power rankings, and 16 players in the final bracket. 6 players not in the power rankings get another chance to beat those power ranked.

If anything, those that are power ranked have to be a lot more consistent, because unlike those that aren't, we have something to lose from one bad game.

S.D

Smash Master
he cant, but i think currently, 3rd is more fitting for you ted

i came 4th again (my current power ranking) so any changes shouldn't affect me immediately

don should be 5th right now
Meteor
Liam
Luke
SD
???? insert here - zero's missing a lot of tournament and should be replaced by someone a little more consistent IMO.
I don't really see why I would be behind Luke and Liam - both great players, quite likely better than me, but as I have a close record with Luke and beat him this Boost, and placing equal with Liam but with a better past record I dont know that they would be above me. Although I think everything below #3 is very close and could easily change in the next month. I mean when I win Rocky and move to #1 XD

tedeth

Smash Master
I put forward my ideas and Luke seems to agree.

Shaya is apparently taking a smash vacation so I donno when the list will be updated.

Zero's location is unknown.

...Ellipsis...

Smash Lord
I wouldn't be so unkind as to use meta knight against pokemon trainer. Especially because I don't want to play a MK dito against Toby.

Toby.

Smash Master
I was more talking about metaknight in general. Actually top tier in general. Actually matchups in general. Pt's matchups are overall too consistently bad for my liking. I'd much prefer to have a bit of fun with ivysaur rather than put myself through the mental torture of winning another match against marth, MK, snake etc :p

But don't forget our plans for the finals liam. We'll need a bit of the ol' metaknight there at least.

S.D

Smash Master
It couldn't be as epic as doubles finals - where RC was counterpicked and all players chose metaknight.

I died twice in the first minute, and proceeded to win.

What fun.

I LAG

Smash Lord
why doesn't someone host a metaknight only tourney?

like seriously imo S.D and liams mks are better than their mains
and teds mk is coming along nicely

there's nothing wrong with maining mk
dont be scared to use him because he is soo extremely hard to use

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
argh! if only liam came to rocky... see liam has beaten me 3 sets to 0 ever since he got serious about this ****, and so he should be higher then me, but I have outplaced him and I've been beating ricky lately, who beats liam.

so you can we have this stupid triangle going which wouldnt be happeneing is liam sucked, so liam you should either become super ****, or super ****. (probably the latter imo)

and I need some more training at tobys

tedeth

Smash Master
Scoot you'll at least be on the next list, unless you are saying it's your actual adgenda to be removed and you don't want to have anything to do with PR.

Really though the scene will miss you. You're a good player and a good guy really. People rage at your rage which makes you rage, but you're ok imo. :)

At least keep coming to my meets, I'll be sooooo bored when D0N leaves if you don't...

tedeth

Smash Master
Yep. I secretly love scoot.

I love that sly smile he gets when he's winning and that rage face he has when he's losing... it's been around all too much lately.

But yeah. I don't think anyone can deny that he's a good player, and nobody could say he's not committed. He's been the second most consistent person in terms of coming to my meets after EA I believe, so imo he's a big part of the scene.

Not to mention I think playing his gay falco so much helped my game out alot in terms of forcing me to have perfect spacing and avoidance.

Pirate.

Smash Apprentice
Yep. I secretly love scoot.

I love that sly smile he gets when he's winning and that rage face he has when he's losing... it's been around all too much lately.

But yeah. I don't think anyone can deny that he's a good player, and nobody could say he's not committed. He's been the second most consistent person in terms of coming to my meets after EA I believe, so imo he's a big part of the scene.

Not to mention I think playing his gay falco so much helped my game out alot in terms of forcing me to have perfect spacing and avoidance.
Rumour is that leisha JV 4 stocked him with tech-chase judgement hammers, and he doesn't wanna play anymore :p.

Yeah scoot is quite cool, only person i talk to irl of the smash people, haha (coz hes just that friendly), and he hassles me into coming to meets and tourneys, all 3 of them that ive come to :bee:! Dont leave scoot, we'll miss you possibly, also we need falco mains, and gud playerz who live in your general area! Maybe our lamenting will make him want to come back :laugh:.

tedeth

Smash Master
An ode to scoot:

Top tiers you choose,
But still, you lose,
Your Falco used to be feared,

Head round as a rock,
Just don't get 3 stocked!
With your hilarious little neckbeard.

Original composition by Tedeth.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
deserves an award imo.

also dw enigmalik, we still have a falco main in gopo, better at falco than scoot tbh.

Dedu

Smash Lord
An ode to the mood in melee singles finals at Rocky:

Cao, the best peach,
got his worst breach!
The audience was gasping for breath!

The **** was ensured;
Marth's win was secured.
That silly pink dress was nigh till came death!

swordsaint

Smash Master
Well, I've heard that because mid level players between 5-10 in the Power Rankings are difficult to rank due to they inconsistently beat each other, and that because I won't be playing for a bit, it's make your jobs easier anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom