• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nu Nu NU *Smash* MA Player finder: Yo whaddup?

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
Just gotta leave a quick post. Can't stay.

@ Spife: I no longer think I could give you any trouble with my Marth BTW... and Gojira IS a very **** film... if that means good lol.

@ Roman... O.o Dude, my thumb hurts like all heck. I tried to practice today with a better controller and it felt like I was being stabbed... : ( gotta take a break from Melee I guess... darn it.

And for anyone curious, Roman and Joker sparred yesterday. The match count was something like... Roman: 40 wins. Joker :10 wins. He's too good...:laugh:

I may be on later tonight, but I gotta go. But "I'll be back"...:laugh:

Spife

Smash Master
**** is good (>__________________>;;; )

and roman is too. He has high expectations, if he were pro he'd be the Dr. Cox of the smash community. He doesn't call me a girls name (in public anyway) but he doesn't give out hugs and he does treat people for diseseases.
Tha'ts a lie, I couldn't make the connection so I lied. Do you see what Banks does to you?? he makes you lie!
Bets on when Banks will see this post?

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
Just gotta leave a quick post. Can't stay.

@ Spife: I no longer think I could give you any trouble with my Marth BTW... and Gojira IS a very **** film... if that means good lol.

@ Roman... O.o Dude, my thumb hurts like all heck. I tried to practice today with a better controller and it felt like I was being stabbed... : ( gotta take a break from Melee I guess... darn it.

And for anyone curious, Roman and Joker sparred yesterday. The match count was something like... Roman: 40 wins. Joker :10 wins. He's too good...:laugh:

I may be on later tonight, but I gotta go. But "I'll be back"...:laugh:
I should play you guys.
And if you want a stabbing sensation use my controller

Spife

Smash Master
I'd have that. That's why I use two controllers now. One's my Link controller, the other isn't, and they're both going to worn down less (I hope) because I'm not just ****** one.
Spam.

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
**** is good (>__________________>;;; )

and roman is too. He has high expectations, if he were pro he'd be the Dr. Cox of the smash community. He doesn't call me a girls name (in public anyway) but he doesn't give out hugs and he does treat people for diseseases.
Tha'ts a lie, I couldn't make the connection so I lied. Do you see what Banks does to you?? he makes you lie!
Bets on when Banks will see this post?
Dr. Cox is without a doubt the funniest doctor on the T.V. Forget House. I find him boring. And I was surprised how courtiously Roman wiped the floor with me for the first 20 matches or so. Probably cause he didn't want to offend me or something. I genuinely got a win or 5 (by the skin of my teeth,) but I have the sneaking suspicion that he was holding back at some points. Oh well, he's got a much faster reation time than I do, not to metion experience fighting pros at tournys. A new controller might help me I think... ...

matt his controller is actually worse than yours

atleast the control stick; not only is the rubber gone but it has sharp parts to it
Not anymore. I clipped them today lol. it's not that I'm cheap (Well, I kinda am... :3 ), its that money is tight, that's all. that controller is sadly the only that isn't SO worn out that it registers Wave Dashes and the like. I haven't gotten a new controller in at least 5 years... I'm overdue to get another one...

I'd have that. That's why I use two controllers now. One's my Link controller, the other isn't, and they're both going to worn down less (I hope) because I'm not just ****** one.
Spam.
Double spam. :laugh: random no? what did you guys think of the Dark Knight?

Spife

Smash Master
Roman does this thing where you think you're getting better cause the matches are getting closer and then he snatches that away by ****** you. True story. I thought I was closing the gap once but I soon realized that the amount of thought that goes into his game (and the amount he was sand bagging) as mind boggling.

No offense roman, it makes our matches interesting when you manage to self destruct down to 1 stock, or don't try hard enough let me get you there. And then you start. And the change is a lot. To much for our little Tunic-Wearing-Knite and I get overwhelmed.

I'll beat you in tourny once ONCE even if I have to kill you. In the match.

Roman.

Smash Champion
you think you're getting better cause the matches are getting closer and then he snatches that away by ****** you. True story. I thought I was closing the gap once but I soon realized that the amount of thought that goes into his game (and the amount he was sand bagging) as mind boggling.
this happens to me when im taking a ****

flaco

The Terminator
hey guys I got a good idea you want to know how to give brawl a massive disrespect
just buy a gamecube and get melee and burn brawl lol

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
That would be amazing.
Yeah it would be. I think that Godzilla's future is actually in the motion-capture tech. They've done all they can with the man in suit thing, but the computerized G.I.N.O. lacked personallity completely, so motion capture is the logical step... the best of both worlds. All they need to do is cough up the moolah to do it.

Yeah, that is pretty much why I like Final Wars.
:laugh: me too in fact. "Watch Godzilla: Final Wars! Leave your brain at the door!":laugh: A fun movie regardless though...

Roman does this thing where you think you're getting better cause the matches are getting closer and then he snatches that away by ****** you. True story. I thought I was closing the gap once but I soon realized that the amount of thought that goes into his game (and the amount he was sand bagging) as mind boggling.

No offense roman, it makes our matches interesting when you manage to self destruct down to 1 stock, or don't try hard enough let me get you there. And then you start. And the change is a lot. To much for our little Tunic-Wearing-Knite and I get overwhelmed.

I'll beat you in tourny once ONCE even if I have to kill you. In the match.
I know exactly what you mean. but really, all of the players I've ever played has a rythm, a beat... whatever you what to call it. If you're unable to disrupt it, then you lose. Roman's just got like 10 different beats for each of his characters. My best fighter was actually able to break into his "beats" more than once or twice, but really, he just adapts so fast that what you're doing that worked for two hits suddenly leaves you completely open and totally helpless. My main problem is that I think during the matches... and the controller of pain, but really the thinking. and then there were a few matches where he was goofing off, then went ballistic in the last stock, which I see you've had done to you as well eh? As said above... He's freaking good.

this happens to me when im taking a ****
:confused::confused::confused::confused: Say what?! huh?... hmm...:confused:

Spife

Smash Master
Take out spam in your title please
It needs a new title. Why is this?
I was just trying to get CT to help us spam -_-

@Shadowball: I don't see the game in beats. I hardly see play styles and I definitely don't see adaption. I know he does it but I don't see it. I try to think about the match, and I do, but I dont' see patterns. I'd make an ADHD john (something about being bad at memorization or underdeveloped brain matter) but you know.

Me want think good!

SilverBlaze

Smash Apprentice
Is anyone here planning on attending the Tufts Tournament? I'm trying to get a rough idea of numbers. If it'll help, I'll go make it Godzilla themed ;)

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
@Shadowball: I don't see the game in beats. I hardly see play styles and I definitely don't see adaption. I know he does it but I don't see it. I try to think about the match, and I do, but I dont' see patterns. I'd make an ADHD john (something about being bad at memorization or underdeveloped brain matter) but you know.
"Beats" wasn't a very good way to put it... the rythm, the timing of combos, when and how they are going to gimp your recovery, which attack is coming next... that's what I meant. Every player has a rythm, regardless of if they're a noob or a pro. the really, really good players, such as Roman, have several rhythms, whether they realize it or not. Watching Ken's matches on youtube, I've seen at least two dozen, all of them flowing into the other. Too cool. And playstyles exist. You've got a very different Link than any other one I've seen, in person or on the web. Okay... was that long-winded enough?

Me want think good!
:laugh: I LOVE CHICKENS EDDY! :laugh:

Spife

Smash Master
I think better tonight (but only in the falco match up, I looked like balls against his marth) but I think over all I thought good.

Is it a good or a bad thing that
"You've got a very different Link than any other one I've seen, in person or on the web. Okay... was that long-winded enough? "
I've been told that. I think it was cogsmooch that said I have a different play style from Skler. Which is good imo. Even though skler is succesful and I'm not. Oh well, maybe some day.

p.s. I think it's time to bury fast link as my primary play style and go a little slower and definitely trying harder to think...harder. RIP lil' buddy, will ressurect soon.

Spife

Smash Master
hey this place looks fun :]

i play fast B) hehehuaehau
You know what else looks fun and hehehuaehau??? My stories! I'm going to drop another one, not my favorite yet. I should also finish one too...
Here we go!

Wally the Washing Machine’s Wacky W-adventure

Wally was a washing machine, he was born in 1993 and being pretty pubescent. His voice was cracking, his body was going through strange chances, and he was growing hair, which is pretty weird for a washing machine no matter where it’s growing. On top of all of this that was going on in his life, he had a defect that left the clothes he “cleaned” with an acrid smell (his mother drank to much bleach while he was in the womb)*. So Wally was sent off to a mechanic who knew much about his trade, despite being a broom.

But the mechanic couldn’t rectify Wally for numerous complications. Instead of fixing him, he sent him on a mystical quest to find his spirit. With this, Wally would finally know his meaning.

The mechanic sent Wally into the forest, and at first Wally was scared because he was a indoors washing machine. Plus, Wally needed sustenance, oil and cleaning fluid, otherwise he would surely cease to work. Things looked grim for poor Wally, yet by the first night, he already had killed two deer, and luckily found a bottle of “Mr. Oily Cleany goodness” on their bodies, which he promptly looted and devoured.

After a week, Wally wandered out onto a military camp and was conscripted into the army! Oh what will Wally do now? Boot camp, that’s what. His drill sergeant had a goiter on his neck and Wally had to do extra push ups cause he was always staring at it.

Two more weeks passed and not only had Wally completed boot camp faster then any other recruit, he also passed with flying colors, so he was consigned a secret mission which turned out to be a quandary of sorts. It had him walking on a precipice while searching for the drill sergents goiter (he lost it while they were scaling cliffs).

Wally was given a medal for all the travail he did. He was proud to be in the Army Reserve and ready to serve his country. But congress passed a bill later that year that states washing machines can not enter armed combat. So Wally fought it, he fought it hard. He went to congress with a litany of reasons why this bill is in-just and wrong. Wally won, and went to war 4 years later when the U.S. invaded The Individual People of Hawaii. He fought and served his country until one night on patrol he thought he saw something in the ocean. He went out to investigate and rusted, or sunk. I doubt a washing machine can swim.
And so ends this great story, Ex+ for greatness, just kidding but seriously.

*god I can’t decide between that line and: “(the assembly line workers drank alcohol during his assembly)”

Keep in mind he's a washing machine. :bee:

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
Spife that was me who said that. You could def slow down and it would help you think more about what you're doing in the match. Since Link's moveset is so limited that would be good. Just learn how to buffer spot dodges out of Nairs and then downsmash.

also upload more vids of me XD

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
Is it a good or a bad thing that
"You've got a very different Link than any other one I've seen, in person or on the web. Okay... was that long-winded enough? "
I've been told that. I think it was cogsmooch that said I have a different play style from Skler. Which is good imo. Even though skler is succesful and I'm not. Oh well, maybe some day.
The way that I look at it, if you have a style that's all your own... then that's a very good thing. I can't stand people who try to play just like another player they look up to. By that, I don't mean borrowing combos *coughKENCOMBOcough*, I mean approaches and everything else. My Marth is different from Roman's, and even though he can blown me out of the water with his, mine is different, and that's all I care about as far as playstyles go. Meanwhile, my Marth is superior to Dou's in a totally different way. I wonder when he's gonna start posting?! (It won't be here, but still...)

Spife

Smash Master
@ Cog - I did slow down. I think. I hope it wasn't a fluke. I was thinking a lot more though. I hope I can still play like I was (slow and thoughtful). I'm not focusing on moving fast anymore.

@ Shadow - I hear that. If I were to play Fox I'd probably go almost as text book as possible (I'd be playing fox for the soul purpose of winning so why gimp that concept with using a play style(s) that aren't the metagame?). Not Falco though, I love Forward's C.O.C.K. because of how unconventional some of those combos are. So fly so fly.

Back @ COg - how bout you upload some more videos of me?!

Top Bottom