• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NYC - March 14 - Anime Spring Fest - SSBB - FREE VENUE - Registration is CAPPED!

BIGM1994

Smash Champion
LOL. OK the Spring Fest is planned from like september 08, waayyyyyy in advance. No way can the date for that change, and therefore this tourney date cannot change. Sorry dude, if you can;t make saturday you can't make this.

There will be a Brawl tournament the week after, on March 21st, at the same school, Poly. No anime con, but brawl doubles and singles. Won;t be in the gym, but honestly, gym is just a bonus for the anime fest, and isn't required since the lounge is just awesome comfy as is.

Look for PolyBrawl 2, that's the March 21st tournament.
sorry my brother posted that comment

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
This sounds cool, I might give this a shot. Anyone good wanna team? I wanna make it far in teams and not get screwed over again.

GuruKid

Smash Ace
Fack, I can't seem to find a suitable costume that will help me be the very best, like no one ever was.

If anything, I'll just bust out my ninja turtle plushy.

Oh yeah... ahem... Money Match, anyone?

Bizkit047

Smash Lord
I think I'll be going to this. I'll need a partner for doubles. I'm not too picky on partners.

Princz15

Smash Apprentice
I'm defiantly going to this. I need to place better than the "road to virdian city" tourny. I didnt do as well. I cracked under pressure and was too nervous that being my second tourny and all. My first was over the summer -_- Smh So I'm definatly going to more tournys. This is in my weeks budget too lol.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Again, anyone that is really good wanna team? I actually wanna have a chnace to get some cash for teams.

Allin

Smash Journeyman
Does the Anime Fest cost to get into as well? If not i soooo wanna go <3 Anime

DSNPX

Smash Cadet
I'm there.

Do you guys need an extra Wii and/or Gamecube?

nessqk

Smash Journeyman
I don't know who you are.
Honastly d peach I always wanted to team up sometime with you but just for fun and I really need to train in doubles plus it would be good to have a game plan and I think samus would do great with peach but idk plus u seem to really wanna win some dough anyway if you ever wanna try for teams I'm always willing to give it a shot

-dMT-

Smash Lord
OK guys..here's the deal... If any of you came to GIMPED, you might have seen how people bringing in TVs had to sign them in and then sign them out and such for security reasons, and since this anime fest isn't my event as a whole I am not in charge of such - I just have space and TVs for Brawl.

The Spring Fest also has a lot to offer. It has a wide schedule, which all attendees will receive up front upon entering the school - for FREE - and I also don't want to take up much of the time.

I am therefore going to cap entry for both tournaments on a first come first serve basis:

32 Singles entrants
16 Doubles Teams

I will, however, completely remove the Venue Fee. The Anime Fest is free entry, and all the money put in for the tournament will go directly to the pot. The point of the Anime Fest is to enjoy much more than just an SSBB tournament. Outside of the tournaments friendlies will definitely commence all day as Brawl will be made available for play.

For the competitive spirits, and everyone else, the immediate week after on Saturday, March 21st, there will be Poly Brawl 2 - that's the tournament I'm in charge of and will need setups for.

Please take a look at the updated prices and information for more clarification. Think of it as a cheap pre-tourney for PolyBrawl 2.

-----------------------------------------------

Drk.Pch I might be teaming with JTails again, idk if he's gonna be there though but if he is I'll be teaming with him. If not I can team with you if you want.

-dMT-

Smash Lord
=o there was a limit 2 the amount of people 4 this? noooooooes >_< is there anyway 2 join in both events somehow? pls lmk thnx
Show up early for registration. To make it fair, I will NOT start registration before 11am, as stated on the main post. Strictly first come first serve as of 11am for tournament. The rest of the day will be friendlies if you want, and/or plenty of other things to do at this epic annual con.

I removed the venue fee because I'm capping the tourney..so basically it's just an extra now, rather than a main event at the con.

GuruKid

Smash Ace
OK guys..here's the deal... If any of you came to GIMPED, you might have seen how people bringing in TVs had to sign them in and then sign them out and such for security reasons, and since this anime fest isn't my event as a whole I am not in charge of such - I just have space and TVs for Brawl.
So... will you need setups for this still? Or will there be too little space for extras?

I will, however, completely remove the Venue Fee. The Anime Fest is free entry, and all the money put in for the tournament will go directly to the pot. The point of the Anime Fest is to enjoy much more than just an SSBB tournament. Outside of the tournaments friendlies will definitely commence all day as Brawl will be made available for play.
No venue fee? Awesome! The 32-entrant cap is a bit disappointing, but understandable. I guess I could try to learn what makes anime so **** popular while I'm there. ;)

blackanese

Smash Lord
New York Citaaay :333 Occupation: Stripper ;]
Show up early for registration. To make it fair, I will NOT start registration before 11am, as stated on the main post. Strictly first come first serve as of 11am for tournament. The rest of the day will be friendlies if you want, and/or plenty of other things to do at this epic annual con.

I removed the venue fee because I'm capping the tourney..so basically it's just an extra now, rather than a main event at the con.
well thats good 2 know. but papa DMT is there a reason y u removed the fee? i mean i honestly dont mind paying like $5 so i dont go and find out theres already more than 64 people waiting on line. cause i KNOW thats whats gonna end up happening xDDD u gonna see dudes with tents outside xD

if anything if venues $5 i think every1 would be fine with it, just more people would end up going, and if thats the problem 4 u guys then its understandable

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
So what happens if i having tutoring classes from 10-1pm? i probably wont be make it to doubles but its ok.. but will i still be able to make it to singles?? cus i know ima make it there but deciding on a time tho.. >,< just want to know just in case so i can shizz out...

GuruKid

Smash Ace
*sets up camp outside of Poly*

Low-tiers would be awesome. Maybe... draft crews as well? Or just crew battles: I'd love to be in (or just even watch) one of those.

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
skip needs a teammate. skip mains jesus, ken, and ghandi.

seriously, I can use luigi, dk, and pikachew if anyone would like to team.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
lmao who caps tournaments thats not even hosted at a basement or house

SF93

Smash Cadet
=o Ill team if my partner doesnt come =P ill keep you updated on if hell come, he said hell probably not

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
So wait, am I able to enter and all since there is some limit? I might want to do singles and maybe teams

Sanu

Smash Champion
Have fun Alex!! Good luck hosting and all that <3<3

I can't remember your real name ;_;

xNeoShadow

Smash Rookie
where exactly is this taking place at, as in the address of the place and at what time.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
So lets say I end up there around 1pm or 2pm, will I be able to still enter singles (idc about doubles but it'd be nice to enter lol) ? Or will it be locked? Or will it be friendlies from there? :/ Man i hating being a HS student with no ****ing freedom -_-

GuruKid

Smash Ace
So wait, am I able to enter and all since there is some limit? I might want to do singles and maybe teams

Just make sure you come early, and you should be fine to enter both.

Top Bottom