• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oakville Uproar 2011

Windrose

Smash Lord
only 2 people for melee?

I might have to bust out my flippy floppies =(

Cruxis

Smash Lord
yea you guys better invite all the locals you can cause as it stands thisll be like a 10 man tournament

Windrose

Smash Lord
It doesn't look like the melee attendance list is growing with interest...i'm most likely not going to come if only 2 people are signed up.

Gichan

Smash Champion
Don't mean to bust balls but you guys gotta take a lesson from this tournament. I know you have the Ottawa tourney to compete with for attendance but if you hustled hard enough you could have gotten more people. Simple private messages to people's inbox actually goes a longer way than expected. Posting on AiB, or posting on people's walls, etc. You see Tin posting regularly in his threads and when I co-/hosted I must have been a **** with advertising.

Regardless, I love supporting tournament attempts by others so I'm coming 100% with Pharaoh via GO. If people want to tag along the plan is to meet at Union at 11:45am, that should give plenty of time for many of you to reach.

Also, this tournament will now be part of the tournaments weighed for next PR update, so some of you step up your game. It will go from either slightly, to mildly affecting the PR depending on attendance. For those who slap around a PR member, good points for you.

Snow Shard

Smash Journeyman
Yea, thats a good point Gichan, other then posting this tournament, we didnt advertise it to the smashboards, I should prolly get some friends on this cite so i can send messages like this. Nontheless, thank you for your support and I'm glad you and Pharaoh are coming at least, hopefully more join you guys.

Snow Shard

Smash Journeyman
... and yes i see Windrose's point, hopefully more melee players will post for this tournament, if not, i guess i can join the melee tourny, but ill be a freebie for sure, i used Kirby when i used to play, thats enough said right lol.

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
I might be there for Brawl, depends on when I move back into residence at Sheridan

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Aww I'd totally give you a ride, Peachy, but it might not be the one you're looking for <3
/dirtiestpostI'veevermade

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
^ dohohohoho

i totally wanna go to this but I have a prior commitment on that day, if you guys host another one in oakville i'll do my best to show up + bring along as many ppl as i can :)

R e d X

Smash Journeyman
^ There goes my ride.... Xo
You could take the GO train. It's not that expensive and the station is right near the venue.

Don't mean to bust balls but you guys gotta take a lesson from this tournament. I know you have the Ottawa tourney to compete with for attendance but if you hustled hard enough you could have gotten more people. Simple private messages to people's inbox actually goes a longer way than expected. Posting on AiB, or posting on people's walls, etc. You see Tin posting regularly in his threads and when I co-/hosted I must have been a **** with advertising.

Regardless, I love supporting tournament attempts by others so I'm coming 100% with Pharaoh via GO. If people want to tag along the plan is to meet at Union at 11:45am, that should give plenty of time for many of you to reach.

Also, this tournament will now be part of the tournaments weighed for next PR update, so some of you step up your game. It will go from either slightly, to mildly affecting the PR depending on attendance. For those who slap around a PR member, good points for you.
Wasn't really aware of AiB but thanks I'll keep that in mind for the future. Same goes for the private messages thing, wasn't sure if that was appropriate to do lol. Regardless thanks for the tips and the support it means alot. Depending on how this one goes I'd like to host in the future so I'll keep all this in mind.

Cruxis

Smash Lord
Aww I'd totally give you a ride, Peachy, but it might not be the one you're looking for <3
/dirtiestpostI'veevermade
wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooowwww this post actually made me consider quitting smashboards

Windrose

Smash Lord
i guess people dont' check the canadian smash tournament's forum enough :S

Gichan

Smash Champion
I'm assuming he can't stand the images of one man inserting his penis into another man's rectum. Also, I think it is disturbing him to picture a gay man masturbating to the sexually aggressive approach of another man.

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
Damn Crux, what crawled up your ***.

Honestly sorry to hear about your injury peachy, wish you the best.

Cruxis

Smash Lord
loool

ok back on topic for this shit confirm fuddo and poke

im also sayin that if theres only like 5 teams it should be winner takes all instead of 60/30/10.

either that or scrap dubs cause we got sooo little setups and we are startin mad late so it wonnnt finish in time

Mr_L

Smash Journeyman
Whitby will be unable to attend this tournament...

Mprime has work, Rhyme has no money and I have no ride there

R e d X

Smash Journeyman
Actually I sprained my wrist in another manner, but if you guys want to make a joke about it... w/e.
That's too bad, hope you get well soon!

loool

ok back on topic for this shit confirm fuddo and poke

im also sayin that if theres only like 5 teams it should be winner takes all instead of 60/30/10.

either that or scrap dubs cause we got sooo little setups and we are startin mad late so it wonnnt finish in time
The plan for dubs is to see how many teams show then go from there because you're right, with so few teams that's an illogical ratio. It'll probably either be 70/30 or winner take all depending on attendance. Also I'm workin on gettin more setups, atm i have 3 tvs, 3 wiis and 2 copies of brawl and Shard has 2 full setups so if I can find another disk that will be 5 right there, which I think should be fine seeing as how we have 10 hours. Still, any additional setups we can get is greatly appreciated.

Whitby will be unable to attend this tournament...

Mprime has work, Rhyme has no money and I have no ride there
That's too bad would have been cool if you guys reached, but that's ok, thanks for trying anyways.

R e d X

Smash Journeyman
Also, my livestream runner backed out on me so I have no one to run the livestream, so unless someone else steps up, it won't happen.

On another depressing note, it seems that Melee interest is virtually non-existant so I think we'll have to scrap the Melee tourney all together unless there's some mad interest tomorrow. Not happy about that but there's nothing I can do, sorry Dirt and Windrose :(

Top Bottom