• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OC#7 - Season's Beatings 4: New Crack City - Oct. 17, 18 - 2009 - Columbus, OH

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
Is there any chance I could see an attendance list for this?

There's a chance I'll make an appearance for MM's but won't enter because the cost is ridiculous. OSU is just too fun though.

QUIVO

Smash Master
I'm just not very motivated to attend, especially with my performance last night. I'll probably just go to Athens for the weekend tbh

solecalibur

Smash Master
I'm just not very motivated to attend, especially with my performance last night. I'll probably just go to Athens for the weekend tbh
This sunday is when Kiest goes back to athens and we are gonna go to morton and such and dont get downed by the MWC it was your first tounry you went to in awhile right?

OUGA will have there usual meeting on Friday at 8 at Morton hall (that I will miss ='( )

solecalibur

Smash Master
Is teams on Sunday? If I end up going I don't think I'd want to stay until Sunday. That's kinda lame.
From the looks of how many people are coming so far (dont know the list)
its possible for us to do doubles and singles in a day

TheKiest

Smash Champion
This sunday is when Kiest goes back to athens...
False: we are going back to Athens on Saturday after us God Pies get eliminated. If by chance a God Pie is still winning, they'll win enough money for bus fare :)

Is teams on Sunday? If I end up going I don't think I'd want to stay until Sunday. That's kinda lame.
AZ's plan is top 8ish for doubles will be Sunday, unless things run really smoothly.

its possible for us to do doubles and singles in a day
It's much harder at this venue, there isn't as much room plus people WILL be in other events. People CANNOT be dqed for playing in another tournament.

All I can really say is, if you want the tourne to go fast: bring more setups.

solecalibur

Smash Master
False: we are going back to Athens on Saturday after us God Pies get eliminated. If by chance a God Pie is still winning, they'll win enough money for bus fare :)
Heh from the people Ive been playing lately I seem to have a steady winning streak in Blazblue by any chanse would you know when we really plan on leaving since blazblue singles start at 3pm and id be willing to drop it when ever your ready to go

Ghaleon

Smash Apprentice
Reminder: you've got all Monday and Tuesday to pre-reg, otherwise you'll be hit with the lazy tax at the door and no real guanatee of a bracket spot.

The shirts should be in either late Friday or early Sat, yeeea.

Teams could go on into Sunday, it depends on how big it is. We should know by the time singles is over whether finishing teams is doable (we have the place till like 4 a.m., so those still in the tourney can decide whether to finish or to save it for Sunday if it starts getting late)

Momos food is really good, but there's Rasing Cane's Chicken, McDonald's, and a grocery store in the same plaza if they run out of food or something.

P.S. If you're coming to play MMs, you have to pay the venue fee anyway, so there's really no reason not to pre-reg.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Yeah I won't be attending this. Venue fee is a little high and I need to cool it with the spending after last weekend's expenses. Soooo I'll probably see the majority of you at Nope's tourney if I go.

solecalibur

Smash Master
Yeah I won't be attending this. Venue fee is a little high and I need to cool it with the spending after last weekend's expenses. Soooo I'll probably see the majority of you at Nope's tourney if I go.
See you at Nope's then this Nov 7th I expect a MM vs you I hopfuly can even up vs you by then

Sorry but I have a quick question! Can you come just to watch? Or do you still have to pay venue fee and enter? Please and thank you~!!
You still gotta pay the $25 (if you pre-register) From what I heard if you like just watching other fighting games its worth going to

CR4SH

Smash Lord
I want to know what part of cincinnatti wants to ride in the mothership, and where we ought to meet up in cincy (im not terribly interested in driving all over the city).

Infern, this means you.

Kassandra did you still want to go? Who else?

If I cant get at least a couple people in my van to help with gas I very well might skip it.

Kel

Smash Master
I might be going Crash. So if you're needing more people, and don't mind that it's me, I might be up for that.

I don't think Kassandra and Infern are going though.

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850
I'm not totally sure if I can make it. I've got a concert that I may be attending. <_<
I'll let you know though...
It's still just a maybe for now. :\

Kel

Smash Master
AZ I asked you earlier haha

but if I go, sure.

In all seriousness, Raising Cane's is my biggest reason for wanting to go to this.

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
How much is waived for a setup? Who do I talk to to confirm the setup discount? If I bring a friend that has no interest in playing does she still have to pay venue?

CR4SH

Smash Lord
Yeah kel, if we end up going you're more than welcome to come along. No reason to leave someone behind.

But if we don't get enough we'll probably end up going to KI with the gkais.

solecalibur

Smash Master
How much is waived for a setup? Who do I talk to to confirm the setup discount? If I bring a friend that has no interest in playing does she still have to pay venue?
I want to say $5 and Az will probly help you out with the waived fee (just pay you back in cash) and your friend DOES have to pay for venue even if he just wants to watch

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
I Just Want To Remind Everyone, That This Weekend...

AND I MEAN THIS WEEKEND...

IS THE EVENT TO GO TO!!! ;)

If you are a smasher that appreciates a good time, an incredibly well organized event, and an amazing venue...AND OTHER FIGHTING GAMES WITH...

GODLIKE COMPETITION...

AND ADDED HYPE?

THEN THIS TOURNAMENT...

AND I MEAN THIS TOURNAMENT....

IS THE PLACE TO BE THIS WEEKEND. :)

It pains my soul that I won't be able to make it this year (I was present at SB2 and SB3, running tournaments). :( But I will be watching the stream from beginning to end.

I hope you all have a fabulous time! Galeon and Fugee are too STRONG!!! Their tournaments are amazing. Please guys if you can go to this tournament...THEN PLEASE GO!!! DON'T MISS AN INCREDIBLE OPPORTUNITY! :psycho:

Suyon

Smash Lord
I don't see Green Greens, Port Town (sadface), Distant Planet, and Pictochat. Frigate is still there sole. But....stage list is okay...I see some annoying stages that I have to get use to it seems.

Maybe an attendance list would be good here. Be very interesting to see who goes and not goes.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
I want to know what part of cincinnatti wants to ride in the mothership, and where we ought to meet up in cincy (im not terribly interested in driving all over the city).
I think Today is interested in going, but she's also interested in going to King's Island. I'd kinda rather go to this, since it would be cheaper and such, and don't know if I'd be able to make it to King's Island. Infern probably isn't going to go, but may change his mind. I don't think anyone from louisville would be up for it :/ Maybe calic.

I'll ask Sai if he's interested though

Kassandra you need to go thooouuuughhh!

I'm also interested in how much is waived from setups... AZ if you could confirm that, it'd be great. I'm assuming it's only $5 though, but that's still fine.

King~

Smash Champion
ill say it again you get $10 off your venue fee. just pm ghaleon to let him know, thats what it says a coupld of pages back for those of us on 10 per page

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
ITT: Ghaleon - send him a PM here or on SRK.

I also believe it is $10, but I do not control how much is taken for setups so confirm with Ghaleon.

COHEED AND CAMBRIA

Smash Ace
I wouldnt come back to this i drove far and had to pay alot only to Be in the melee and brawl do well in brawl but it took forever and ever because so much going on at once lol

And they wouldnt let me use my name for smash :(

solecalibur

Smash Master
I don't see Green Greens, Port Town (sadface), Distant Planet, and Pictochat. Frigate is still there sole. But....stage list is okay...I see some annoying stages that I have to get use to it seems.

Maybe an attendance list would be good here. Be very interesting to see who goes and not goes.

Screw frigate I train on that stage CP me there all day....and I might sd once

I just like this stage list in general and compared to MWC where we should just get 2 bans

Argh i wanna go to this! but i doubt i'll have the moneyyy.
You should just have some one spot you im pretty sure you would safely take top 3

Top Bottom