• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Offical Pit Match Up Thread: Looking for Assistance!

AndrewCarlson

Smash Journeyman
k Updated with TL rightup and link to Snake thread, does someone wanta toss me the advantages for the TL right up and stage picks so I can put them in?
For Toon Link, I'd say either 55:45 in Pit's favor or 50:50 (just to please the Toon Link mains). Depends really on how campy the Pit is. I think played at the top level, Pit would have the slight advantage over Toon Link.

Even if you were to go in talking about big name Pit mains, they now can bring up the Sagemoon vs Praxis Rematch. It was pretty recent and Praxis played like a monster. Nothing against Sagemoon, it's not like we all don't know he's a beast already. Peach just happened to take some of Mario's shrooms that day.
I think Forward should be mentioned in the same breath as sagemoon. He really is one of the smartest Pits I've ever seen. Top players can attest to Forward being one of the best Pits around..

Ryanarius

Smash Journeyman
k Updated with TL rightup and link to Snake thread, does someone wanta toss me the advantages for the TL right up and stage picks so I can put them in?
High ceilings like jungle japes and mario circuit work well against toon link as his best kill moves are vertical.

I'd say his better maps against pit are pirate ship and corneria although pits counterpicks against him are more effective then his counterpicks against pit for the most part.

Coffee™

I need it....
The Pika match is 50:50. As for stages to ban, I would say places like Final Destination and possibly Smashville as they give him quite a bit of room to QAC and make use his projectiles.

For counter picks I would go with Battlefield and Luigi's Mansion for the obvious reason of limiting QAC and his projectiles, while posing no real disadvantage to yourself.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
As Pit you shouldn't fear Pikachu's QuACk... Pit is one of the few characters that can take Pikachu's biggest strength and make it into a weakness. Give him opportunities to do it and bait him into doing it. Pit can mirror shield him to death rather easily this way as the mirror shield not only forces the opponent to go the other way, but also reverses the direction of any buffered input. Meaning a second jolt from the Quick Attack would also send him the wrong way, often off the edge. Not to mention Pit has a lot of fast and multi-hit moves that can pull Pikachu out of the QuACk.

While I don't think this gives Pit the advantage; until the Pikachu catches on to Pit's game he won't be able to fight normally.

Anyway with Pikachu I believe it's 50:50.

Also, I might've missed this, but do tiers take into account on this? For instance, I think Samus counters Pit in nearly all fundamentals of the game. However Pit is such a better character then Samus that the actual match-up becomes 65-35 or 70-30. However if you go strictly by the criteria needed to decide who counters who, Samus should have this in a 35-65 or 30-70 ratio.

Again I'm going to stress that Pit has a large advantage over Samus in competitive play. What I'm saying is is that Samus fundamentally counters most aspects of Pit's game. So much so that even her physics counter Pit's physics.

Coffee™

I need it....
I don't think tiers should have anything to do with it really. It should more or less be a character to character comparison of advantages and disadvantages while fighting against each other.

Edit: I sent CF an updated version of the Pikachu summary to include your info about QAC.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Well if I made a comparison list for Pit to Samus, Samus would look like she hard counters Pit. lol

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Samus is somewhat annoying, but I still wont call her a counter to Pit, since Pit and I have such a great bond. But yes, a good Samus does seem challenging, maybe is she didnt have that Z-air, she'd be much easier to fight...

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Er, it's not that. A Samus should never seem challenging unless the Samus is in the hands of someone that is much more skilled then you are. ...or you're on wifi. -_-

This is an instance where a character has the match-up won on paper, but it doesn't translate during the fight.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
We should make a link for Pit, well, for umm Pit dittos, what to do, besides gimping Up-B.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
I dont think we really need one for Pit dttos, as your right its gimp ^B watch out for arrows and know how to reflect. But if you make one ill link it.

Coffee™

I need it....
Sure, I'll make that one next then after I finish the summary for Marth and King Dedede since we don't want things to back up on us. Marth should be done today, DDD either today or tomorrow.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
K marth Match up is up, i need the #'s stage picks and a new thread for who is next then I will try to update the OP match up chart.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
K redid how the summaries are done, to make it eaiser to read.... Put DDD and Marth up there, but need Ratios and stage picks/avoids for both of them.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Enjoy your sticky :).

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
Did you (anyone really) make that opening thread pic with the characters? That's pretty cool! would you mind if I stole that idea for the Zelda board someday when we are closer to being done with Matchups?

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
i just got them all on google...fine by me if you take them lol.

Manic: the blank chart is on my photo bucket im doing home work now so just grab it off that, or go back through the posts I think it was Dryn who left it here for us to use.

Coffee™

I need it....
Ok cool CF and feel free to GodatHand, I think every board has it somewhere....lol I'll make a better more customized one later but i'll update this one for now until then. I will update the numbers and everything tomorrow.

Chaser

Smash Rookie
Finally a Thread I can contribute to:

I'm going to put in my opinion of Pit's matchups as I see them from playing and watching.
This is nothing official and I'm only giving my opinion I would love to argue on each point or counter point but honestly I do not really feel like posting that much and nobody wants to read that much in one post:

If you have any questions about the matchups pm me or ask here, there were a few matches that I was torn on, I tried to weed out all personal bias towards and character. I am also assuming that these two characters are on a neutral stage and the two players are of equal or close to equal skill level.

Chaser

Smash Rookie
It's not that he ***** everything, he just has the advantage in some matches, I think the ones originally posted in the thread were pretty good like dk and ddd, however after talking to a bunch of snakes they all agree pit is a bad match for them. Other 50/50's have equal good points and bad points about them.
The reason I didn't take stage into account was because of characters like zero suit - who when placed on a stage like lylat cruise really changes the match drastically in pits favor.

I was really iffy on Marth as well, any Marth knows that if you over B pit, and up B anything else that pit does he's almost powerless in the match. It's a constant uphill battle.

Slight changes like pikachu is a difference of opinion - most of pikachu's moves cause some sort of stun or knockback which is bad for Pit's placement. Coupled with the clanging of thunderjolt and arrows, and his down smash that you have to come from above on, or wait out make him a formidable opponent against pit. Also, if played correctly on the edge the gimpablilty is not there.

Dk and Ike - This is pretty much played the same way. If you use a abundance of arrows dk and ike fall easily because there is nothing they can do, except trying to stay close to you. If you choose to fight the match, it becomes more in favor of dk and ike. No moves Pit has comes anywhere close to the damage potential and range of both these characters.

The only move I can't get around for MK is his tornado, If you stay close and time your moves you can beat him, also remember he has to approach from the front except on final d. Just stick moves out and you'll rack up damage. (Most everyone will probably disagree with me, this match takes time to learn.)

The fat characters and snake can be chain grabbed making the matches about even.

Just this weekend at Critical Hit 4.5 I changed my mind about Falco's matchup. His chain grab is really damaging to Pit, and you can't sit and range him because he'll range you back. You also cannot up B push Falco away out of the grab like you can to DDD. In general I think it is a constant uphill battle for Pit.

Kyuubi9t

Smash Journeyman
Finally a Thread I can contribute to:

I'm going to put in my opinion of Pit's matchups as I see them from playing and watching.
This is nothing official and I'm only giving my opinion I would love to argue on each point or counter point but honestly I do not really feel like posting that much and nobody wants to read that much in one post:

If you have any questions about the matchups pm me or ask here, there were a few matches that I was torn on, I tried to weed out all personal bias towards and character. I am also assuming that these two characters are on a neutral stage and the two players are of equal or close to equal skill level.
ummm i see a few kinks that i can overlook, but the 50-50 metaknight matchup is unforgivable. you must change it.

Chaser

Smash Rookie
I was being really conservative I would consider Metaknight in that range.
Pros:
Metaknight has to approach you from the front, he has to. If you stick out moves, which there are some of Pit's moves that win, and depending on the slot of the Wii, you will do damage to him.
Gimpability's in favor of Metaknight his is better but they both can do it.
If you practice the match you will learn what beats what, Metaknight is not all powerful that's why he's not banned.
You have a projectile, he doesn't.
If he tornado's or over b's just walk away and wait.
Metaknight's damage potential is slightly higher, if you downsmash and he downsmashs it's around the same damage output.
He can stall - things you can't do anything about are banned.
Vertical recovery is about the same or in Pit's favor. Metaknight's horizontal is better.
Both Pit and Metaknight die at about the same percentage if correct DI.
Con:
Damage
Stalling
Changes in DI
Recovery

That's all I can think of at the moment.

Kyuubi9t

Smash Journeyman
mycurse4life is a SPAMMER how does he have 130 posts in 2 days? Because they are all pointless once sentence posts and he probably didnt read any of the threads.

this guy should get banned

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
Im not saying your wrong, but rather then post it, in a thread where it doesn't go, and spam yourself, just hit the
or if its Pit boards related I would rather you PM me.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Hey guys, can I make the next match up thread? Just tell me who yall want me to do and I will make the thread and do my best to keep it organised and gather as much needed info as possible.

Who is in favor
Ratio of favor
stages:
-ban
-counter picks

and any thing else you want me to collect. I want to make a suggestion: Pokemon Trainer. I think it would be a good discussion thread. so what do you thnk?

Coffee™

I need it....
You seem enthusiastic, so feel free to make it if you wish. However, would I have to be the one writing the summary for it or will you do that?

Also, feel free to use this threads to actually discuss what matchup you want done next.

Top Bottom