• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Offical Pit Match Up Thread: Looking for Assistance!

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Those sound about right Sgt. Pit
Any pikachu infomation?? oh and Fox... I just two stocked one... without a gimp. seems like the match itself was a bit lopsided and I don't think it was how he played fox either.

TsNmi

Smash Cadet
This is probably self explanatory but for the stages where there's counterpicks and bans, ban: banned to play against them in those certain maps at tournaments?

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
Banned stages are ones that can't be picked, and at a tourney each person gets 1 or 2 bans (depending on the TO). What this means is: if you and I were to play a set best of three, you would pick one stage that I can not pick no matter what and I would pick 1 stage that you can't pick no matter what. This is very helpful in either stoping a player from picking a stage built for him (ex. Falco, Jungle Japes) or from him picking a stage that your char can't play on (Olimar, Rainbow cruise). How ever when you pick a stage ban, you can't pick that stage either. And each touney has its own list of preset bans (hyrule temple, 75m, Spear Pillar ect.)

Coffee™

I need it....
I've decided I'll start doing matchup threads again, however I currently don't have the time to finish the summaries so I'll just be posting links to the matchup threads, editing ratios....etc however, if anyone wants to do them feel free to send me a pm. However Wario is the next matchup up so feel free to discuss that in the aproiate thread.

IrisKong

Smash Lord
Im finding it hard to believe that with so many matches at a 50/50 chance that pit is so low on the tier list.. Although im hoping to get good with pit to validate the statement!

KY_Des

Smash Ace
*reads last few pages*
G&W is a harder matchup than MK. When Pit finds an answer for bair other than running away, I'd be happy to change my opinion. Pit vs Snake should be in Snake's favor slightly, but is definitely winnable. IC's **** you.... Glad I could help =D

Coffee™

I need it....
Edited MK to 60:40 MK's favor.

*reads last few pages*
G&W is a harder matchup than MK.
Imo G&W is slightly easier than MK in terms of difficulty. He has the potential to kill you around 80 but his kill moves are pretty hard to land in general. Most of the time I find myself dying to Fair at like 130% lol

When Pit finds an answer for bair other than running away, I'd be happy to change my opinion
If you get hit by it SDI upwards and out and Bair or Dair him.

woody72691

Smash Ace
the matchups, in melee it was simple. for ex: i were playing C. Falcon against a marth player. u had 50% of winning.

how does this matchup work? does the higher determine if u can beat them or not?

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
it determines how hard the match will be for you.
if your the better player you'll most likely win unless it's like an 80:20 match-up then it's almost even.
but yeah use it as a guide to counter picking. If you are going as pit but someone picks one of Pits hardest match-ups ( metaknight or Marth as of right now) then you should pick a character that lets you win without having to fight a match that is really difficult. Hopefully that explains it.

P.S. whenever we get around to the samus Match-up gimme a holler! I think it's in Pits favor. a 55:45 Most definitly. it's basically even but gives Pit a bit more or an edge than samus. Mainly because it's harder to spam against Pit because of all the reflectors. Not impossible, just harder to do. And pit ***** our Ground game so hard our mothers feel it.
Anyways we'll talk about that later.

woody72691

Smash Ace
i have pit falcon and snake.
top middle and bottom. works for me. and thanks should be easier for me to find good matchups

napZzz

Smash Hero
pit out camps snake horribly. Close range? Aerials will beat out anything not named utilt, your only chance at killing pit that you cant risk to stale.

Ledge camping pit? Cant do much to that.

Recovering? Its a *****. pits a multi jump character with decent aerials and can give snake alot of grief when he tries to recover.

so when a character out camps them (their best attribute) has trouble close range, and has no other pro's why shouldn't it be in pits favor? :/

DominusHaven

Smash Cadet
pit out camps snake horribly. Close range? Aerials will beat out anything not named utilt, your only chance at killing pit that you cant risk to stale.

Ledge camping pit? Cant do much to that.

Recovering? Its a *****. pits a multi jump character with decent aerials and can give snake alot of grief when he tries to recover.

so when a character out camps them (their best attribute) has trouble close range, and has no other pro's why shouldn't it be in pits favor? :/
A Good Snake can out-space Pit considering his great range. His Grenades if used right can counter arrows well, considering they blow up on contact with the arrows. Aerials can be blocked and grabbed if you space right, N-air can also handle most of Pit's aerial manuvers.

Ledge camping is pretty good against Snake, but get creative. Drop Cooked Grenades Down, B-air, Use your Down-B, It's pretty simple to stop tbh.

Good Snakes can usually predict the aerials and come down, although it is true that Pit can handle Snake's recovery if used right.

Who gives a darn if we can do more damage, Snake kills Pit pretty fast and it takes us a long time to kill a good DI Snake that can space well.

It's pretty even, barely in Pit's favor if anything.

Doctor X

Smash Lord
Pit beats snake by camping. If you do not camp, you lose. Pit has literally nothing else. The difficulty arises when trying to kill the mofo. Snake can just utilt. Pit has to get snake to around the 150-200 range and fsmash or dsmash, usually. Bair is next to impossible to land unless you can force a low cipher recovery. Even then, he'll often opt to cancel the cipher and c4 himself than get baired, which is certainly a smart move on his part. I found a lot of my "kills" against Smash64 are when he c4's himself and bounces off the stage. : \

50:50 are my thoughts currently. 60:40 to Snake if Pit doesn't camp.

DominusHaven

Smash Cadet
Mk being moved down to 6:4 is awesome? Can we discuss the Ice Climbers matchup soon if that hasn't been discussed already? It is a matchup I have no knowledge in, I would like to learn more about it.

Coffee™

I need it....
Mk being moved down to 6:4 is awesome? Can we discuss the Ice Climbers matchup soon if that hasn't been discussed already? It is a matchup I have no knowledge in, I would like to learn more about it.
I'll make that matchup thread next then. Probably in a day or two.

napZzz

Smash Hero
A Good Snake can out-space Pit considering his great range. His Grenades if used right can counter arrows well, considering they blow up on contact with the arrows. Aerials can be blocked and grabbed if you space right, N-air can also handle most of Pit's aerial manuvers.

Ledge camping is pretty good against Snake, but get creative. Drop Cooked Grenades Down, B-air, Use your Down-B, It's pretty simple to stop tbh.

Good Snakes can usually predict the aerials and come down, although it is true that Pit can handle Snake's recovery if used right.

Who gives a darn if we can do more damage, Snake kills Pit pretty fast and it takes us a long time to kill a good DI Snake that can space well.

It's pretty even, barely in Pit's favor if anything.
between uair and arrows from afar snake cant stop the ledge camping.

Killings not hard, fsmash fresh can kill snake at like, 130? Learn 2 DI and snakes utilt wont kill you for awhile, or at least bait it so it stales.

If you use your many jumps to get up to where snakes going to be recovering its not hard to hit him with the bair Doctor X...

DominusHaven

Smash Cadet
between uair and arrows from afar snake cant stop the ledge camping.

Killings not hard, fsmash fresh can kill snake at like, 130? Learn 2 DI and snakes utilt wont kill you for awhile, or at least bait it so it stales.

If you use your many jumps to get up to where snakes going to be recovering its not hard to hit him with the bair Doctor X...
I fought good Snake's like FatalX and Ally before Nappy, they were able to at least live to 160-170%, it's not that easy to get a fresh F-Smash out, it's pretty predictable what Pit is going to do to kill you.

120-130% is when Snake kills you, but he has so many other kill moves and methods, and they are all easier to do, and not that predictable if you move them around much.

Doctor X

Smash Lord
It's not about not being able to reach him, it's about not being able to hit him period.

If you hit a Snake out of his cipher and he doesn't at least attempt to cancel it into a nair or a n airdodge or some such..... You're playing against a terrible snake.

Edit: Also, you can't usually reach him if he decides to go up high. He gains height too quickly.

Afropony

Smash Lord
Lol Kown why do you keep turning every thread into "Kowns Thread"?

Also Nappy, it's probably best to either get the Snake before he gets really high up into the air or just shoot arrows at him.

kown

Smash Lord
Lol Kown why do you keep turning every thread into "Kowns Thread"?

Also Nappy, it's probably best to either get the Snake before he gets really high up into the air or just shoot arrows at him.
thats me:).... btw did u get my message?
Kown. You baller, you.

You still kicking *** in Texas?
im trying...dude y did u quit brawl!?!?! remember all the **** we did together!!!

Katana_koden

Smash Ace
I'm a pit main, I'm rarely on boards but i main both peach and pit mainly. I know this is late but I seen the Sage vs Praxis fight and noticed something. As I play with peach my friend found a way through my peach gliding strategy. with ice climber at least, run up smash on peach approach is a good way to change her strategy. Peach main said that they are basically waiting on us and probably thing we just spam arrows. But it rare for us to use our up smash and I'm curious if would work. Its fast and we go a bit of distance. to me I think its a peach blind spot if her approach is her Fair.

Top Bottom