• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Recommended Rule List 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikachiru

Smash Ace
Yes, it was brilliantly done. ADHD has noted *props*

But the stages still suck.

But it's not like the BBR just randomly voted on stages and stuff. There was thoughts and stuff in it.

Stages...Well, yeah. I guess they are pretty bad...

i actually never said you're bad. i said you got *****. And i also only ever used the term "national caliber" because you used it when talking about yourself not being a national caliber player..lol.

brb
Mike~~~. Um, in all honestly, I don't think he was *****. By *****, I mean three stocked... IMO. :(

MBlaze

Smash Champion
All you gotta do is host tourneys and dickride the BBR's Lists and all their decisions? Oh **** what the hell am I waiting for?

*Hosts a tourney with all those exact rules*

Am I qualified for BBR now?

But it's not like the BBR just randomly voted on stages and stuff.
Sounds about what they did exactly.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
They decided to make Bowser even worse then he originally was with this rule, LETS JUST **** OVER BOWSER!
To be fair, it isn't the BBR's job to make characters better or worse; their job is to make sure the game is as neutral or fair as possible. If they felt that particular rule was unfairly propping Bowser, I can see why they would have changed it (even if Bowser was a bad character).

That isn't to say I agree that it was unfairly propping Bowser up (as I already said) but yeah.

.AC.

Smash Lord
All you gotta do is host tourneys and dickride the BBR's Lists and all their decisions? Oh **** what the hell am I waiting for?

*Hosts a tourney with all those exact rules*

Am I qualified for BBR now?

Sounds about what they did exactly.
you also have to win various theory fighting tournaments, im hosting one next week btw, im going to use the bbr ruleset.

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
aren't i?

You're knowledgeable about the game in your own opinion. I thought i was good when i was getting 33rd in melee. if you're not able to apply, how much credibility doe you really get?

i actually never said you're bad. i said you got *****. And i also only ever used the term "national caliber" because you used it when talking about yourself not being a national caliber player..lol.
quoted becuase i got paged' and i edited.

ac, are you hosting a super smash brother brawl tournament the week following this week?

It doesn't matter how good a player Raziek is (or really, how good a player any BBR member is).
Skill has nothing to do with being able to decide a ruleset. Most top players are plain ******** when it comes to this.
what? really? so if i joined swf today and told you about how bad some character is and gave theoretical evidence, you'd allow me in the sbr with no question of my actual level of skill?

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
* Battlefield
* Yoshi's Island
* Smashville

* Lylat Cruise
* Pokémon Stadium

* Final Destination
* Castle Siege

* Delfino Plaza
* Halberd
This means that Lylat Cruise is better suited as a "starter" or "neutral" than Final Destination is, right?

ಠ_ಠ

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
This means that Lylat Cruise is better suited as a "starter" or "neutral" than Final Destination is, right?

ಠ_ಠ
Yes, and I agree with that, even though Lylat is pretty bad as a starter, too.

In my region whenever I sit down to play a ranked player they ask me "so are we playing on BF or SV?" It's sort of a joke, but it's also very much reality. People usually strike stages until we're down to just those two, and I doubt this will change that.

.AC.

Smash Lord
quoted becuase i got paged' and i edited.

ac, are you hosting a super smash brother brawl tournament the week following this week?

what? really? so if i joined swf today and told you about how bad some character is and gave theoretical evidence, you'd allow me in the sbr with no question of my actual level of skill?
yes i am, the winner of the theory fighting tournament gets to enter the tijuana underground brawl backroom otherwise known as TUBB

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
yo I heard you're friends with spongejordan he's a cool guy, he housed us and he's got a fine *** computer.

lol budget took my post seriously this dude has no idea what he's talking about.

BIG LETTERS BOLD STREET FIGHTER IS IRRELEVANT TALK ABOUT STAGE LIST LOLZ
Yeah I am, Sponge is a great guy, he does have a large comp with dual screens. :laugh:

I think I played you once before, but you just ***** me hard, I want to play you again and see if I can do better than last time.

~

Anyways, back to the stage listings.

I hope people remember this is a recommendation, because no one is forcing you to use there rules or stage list, if anything not using it would show that the community doesn't support this stage list. So basically if you don't like this stage list, don't use it.

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
..... Bowser's klaw is based on port priority, Bowser should ALWAYS win, dumb move BBR
We know its based on port. That doesn't mean he gets free wins. There's no reason that he should.

It means he gets to play RPS for ports just like Snakes do. That's what's fair. Its the Bowser's job to know what port he is in / counter pick ports in that same fashion.

Flayl

Smash Hero
Because RPS'ing for ports is the definition of competitive and should be encouraged instead of avoided when possible.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
They decided to make Bowser even worse then he originally was with this rule, LETS JUST **** OVER BOWSER!
Bowser always dies second via his side special suicide if his controller has a working jump button. This rule did nothing to help Bowser but only caused needless confusion. Its removal is a good thing, and if you play Bowser, you should find nothing has changed (assuming you know how to survive side special "suicides", which you really should if you are playing as Bowser).

Flayl

Smash Hero
If you would actually test it, you would know it's not nearly as easy (or even possible on some stages / combination of stages and characters) as you seem to think it is.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Yes, and I agree with that, even though Lylat is pretty bad as a starter, too.

In my region whenever I sit down to play a ranked player they ask me "so are we playing on BF or SV?" It's sort of a joke, but it's also very much reality. People usually strike stages until we're down to just those two, and I doubt this will change that.
It's technically less polarizing than Final Destination, yes.
I concur.

I'm not sure I agree that Lylat is more fair/less unfair than Final Destination, as either stage can screw certain characters over pretty badly, but I agree with the "it's bad as a starter" part. Though I've never had a problem with FD being a starter. Maybe I'm biased. Lylat is pretty good for Kirby, whereas FD generally isn't that good, but I still feel that way.

I do think PS1 is a more legitimate starter than Lylat.

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
We know its based on port. That doesn't mean he gets free wins. There's no reason that he should.

It means he gets to play RPS for ports just like Snakes do. That's what's fair. Its the Bowser's job to know what port he is in / counter pick ports in that same fashion.
Free wins.... FREE WINS? are you ****ing stupid? If Bowser takes you to that point, has a strong % lead near a ledge, AND lands the Klaw, you deserve to lose that match to Bowser.

I don't play Bowser at all anymore but I find it highly unfair, I couldn't care if infinites arn't banned, because I believe all infinites should be legal, but doing this to him is dumb.

Ampharos, no.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
I dont see why a Bowsercide/Ganoncide doesn't just result in a win regardless of the controller port.

if you got ganoncided/bowsercided, you deserve to lose. just like if you got grabbed by ICs, you deserved to get CG'd.

lol ninja'd

And how does FD screw characters over? there's nothing there......

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
After rereading my post, I may have been a tad harsh, but please understand you're already making a horrible character even worse, for no reason at all.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I'm glad this rule set is reccomended.There are some stages i can't quite make do with :l

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
And how does FD screw characters over? there's nothing there......
certain characters thrive too greatly on nothing being there

I personally do not like the fact that the suicide rule isn't included/was removed. Not that i think buffing characters is right, but i think some flaws in the game should be accounted for :\

I can understand the rule as DDD at 150% suicide wining the foe who just came back from a fresh stock is pretty lame but stupid if you fell for it -.-;...

DC.Eden

Smash Cadet

I recall reading something in this thread about hazards such as the cars in aero and such ending in something like, "well if the opponent put you in that position then you were outplayed."

Well if bowser managed to koopa klaw you for the suicide win, then weren't you outplayed?

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
The person with the lower percent gets to control which direction the Klaw is headed. Bowser, and nobody else should be granted victory(if sudden death is triggered) in that case because you could only double KO with it if you were in the lead.

Everyone else; Wario, Diddy, Kirby, Dedede, and Ganon, if they commit to a double KO and cause a sudden death, that should cause a tie because the double KO could've been executed no matter what percents both characters were at.

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
After rereading my post, I may have been a tad harsh, but please understand you're already making a horrible character even worse, for no reason at all.
No, you're making a horrible character better for no reason at all. There is no "deserved" win or "undeserved" win for a suicide kill. You are biased. The only thing there is to acknowlege is what the game does. It awards bowser on port and ganon randomly. That's just how it is.

We're not making a bad character worse, we're leaving a bad character as they were. As it should be. Its not for us to decide.

We don't say you can't gimp mario just because he has a bad recovery. This is the same thing. Bowser doesn't get auto wins if he lands a Klaw just because we wish he would or "think its right".

Flayl

Smash Hero
The game also takes us to Sudden Death when there's a tie, that doesn't seem to stop you from changing that.

You're using a (dumb) criteria in selective scenarios instead of globally.

Ganonsburg

Smash Lord
The game also takes us to Sudden Death when there's a tie, that doesn't seem to stop you from changing that.

You're using a (dumb) criteria in selective scenarios instead of globally.
This. I dare the SBR to respond to this. But I doubt they will because they've ignored any logical points saying that they screwed up.

/runs

EDIT: And before you say it, percent doesn't necessarily mean the player was better. Some characters get percents up better, but others get kills earlier. So one player may be up in percent, but the other is closer to being killed and would have lost had the timer not been there. But because of the SBR's arbitrary rule (which they said they don't make), you just screwed the pooch.

:034:

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
these rules aren't going to be used...and I thought the BBR was intelligent players helping advance the metagame not shut it down and make the game dumber then it is currently

OFY

Sonic main since 08'
I like this stagelist, a nice change for such a dull game. Ban MK, and it might get competitive cheaaaaa

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I'm gonna actually try to get videos of people playing on these stages... what i get from the stages is what my stance will be in the end.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
New rules are bull****.

Counterpick:

* Luigi's Mansion
* Norfair
* Frigate Orpheon
* Pokémon Stadium 2
* Port Town Aero Dive
* Distant Planet
* Pictochat
* Jungle Japes
* Rainbow Cruise
* Green Greens
* Brinstar

Oh my god:
The BBR is opposed to the institution of a Ledge Grab Limit of any number (for any character) for use in determining the winner of a match by time out.

Ban Mk?

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
I really hope an MK ban comes of this lol. But then a giant influx of D3s come in, oshi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom