• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Meh, Luigi seems to be fine right where he is, really. It's not so much that he's going to drop anywhere, just have a character or two move above him (Sonic and possibly Wolf/Ike).

I'm also sad that BigLou is maining Diddy now. There goes another even match-up with a good player. :(

:069:

D

Deleted member

Ike ness wolf and sheielda definately should be above luigi.
yoshi ***** diddy whatchu talkin bout.

lol trevonte is the new TKD XD

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Uh, definitely not Ness and Shelda. They haven't really done anything to warrant a rise above Luigi. Heck, recently Ness has been doing worse than a couple of low-tiers.

everyone use lucario to make polt main D3. we must convert the good mid-low tier mains
Even so, why on Earth would I main King Dedede?

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Eyo lou, if youve finally come to terms with playing a character that doesnt kill until 140, that means you can play sonic now! right?!

BigLøu

Smash Lord
Meh, Luigi seems to be fine right where he is, really. It's not so much that he's going to drop anywhere, just have a character or two move above him (Sonic and possibly Wolf/Ike).

I'm also sad that BigLou is maining Diddy now. There goes another even match-up with a good player. :(

When we play I'd go luigi our matches are tons of fun :D

D

Deleted member

Uh, definitely not Ness and Shelda. They haven't really done anything to warrant a rise above Luigi. Heck, recently Ness has been doing worse than a couple of low-tiers.

Even so, why on Earth would I main King Dedede?

FOW got top 3 at WGF with ness and MK (im not sure if he got 1st, 2nd or 3rd, he was in winners finals vs m2k).
The only matches i can confirm he went ness in (because i saw them) were vs havoks marth, and he beat richbrown with ness as well. But if he went ness vs havoks marth (by far ness' worst matchup) i would assume he was feeling confident enough to go ness most of his other matches (he beat tyrant and such).

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
double jump canceling banana shenanigans with yoshi are so much fun.

Pound 5 ruleset

Trevonte 2 stocked Tyrant on RC, beat tyrant
Beat TKD
Beat someone else very good, Havok maybe?

wadup Norcal
Everyone's already familiar with fox players doing work, they just like to deny it because hating fox for no reason is more fun.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I don't remember, but my memory is rather bad in general.

All I know is, "It's obvious without him as a player, I'd be trash, right? But SBR decided that they voted for the last time."
Yeah but it seems like a forum policy to prohibit any discussion about banning him even if the SBR isn't.

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
Lol I always get owned by our local Diddy Kong T_T
I do just fine against everyone else thought =/
I suck a lot in that MU.
The Diddy match up is interesting. Diddy can do anything with his bananas. One of my good buddies mains Diddy and he is so random with his Diddy because each round he completely changes his tactics.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Funny thing:

Dakpo learned the banana infinite and can do it consistently, so the best Diddy in his area stopped using them altogether. LOL match-up changing much?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Not to the point of having an advantage on him, because he can do it back to her the same?

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Diddy has no set-up into his infinite. It's also harder, does less damage (thus taking a lot longer) and is very easy for ZSS to avoid.

All ZSS has to do to set her's up is land a neutral B (small one) and it's game on. It also does a lot of damage very quickly so even if you mess up in the middle, you did a lot of damage.

And ZSS wins the match-up without bananas.

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
Diddy is actually a weird character that could drop REALLY far down if people took the time to learn. As far as I know, every character is capable of these footstool infinites with just one banana.

Ness: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXPu-KR9qZk
Ike: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vniX-jpjf1k
Pikachu: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtHIhOaDYXo

I mean... it doesn't even look that hard to execute... So... if everyone learned it, Diddy could drop a reasonable amount on the list, right? Although he probably will stay relatively high, considering Diddy has the superior item pickup range.

The BBR will be discussing the banishment of a certain character in due time.
The decision, arguments and a crapton of information will probably be out around April.
This is interesting. Keeping the discussion among the BBR members may help provide a less cluttered discussion this time around. Just glad to see the notion hasn't died down amongst you guys. A re-evaluation has been overdue and I'm glad to see ya'll are on it.
Back to Diddy talk now.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
The BBR will be discussing the banishment of a certain character in due time.
The decision, arguments and a crapton of information will probably be out around April.
I will look forward to reading the crapton of information.

and of course the decision to keep him legal and the reason why. :bee:

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
How will my friends and I still win easy money if Meta Knight is banned?

Jesus, sounding defeatist there.
The fact that the BBR is even discussing this again is a joke. Let's face it, they'll never ban him. He's just not broken because other characters win big tourneys. Oh wait, they already banned one unbeatable technique and micro-banned grabbing the ledges a certain number of times across the board because of him and those characters only won said tourneys because of the micro-bans.

The current state of the game with MK legal and all of these bans to make it reasonable is an even bigger joke. We'd be better off playing vs. mode in Yoshi's Cookie, honestly.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
The fact that the BBR is even discussing this again is a joke. Let's face it, they'll never ban him. He's just not broken because other characters win big tourneys. Oh wait, they already banned one unbeatable technique and micro-banned grabbing the ledges a certain number of times across the board because of him and those characters only won said tourneys because of the micro-bans.

*shrugs*

Who knows what will happen.
Don't expect anything, you won't be surprised nor disappointed.

etecoon

Smash Hero
SFP has won money? from this game!?

I am legitimately shocked

but in all seriousness, MK should at least be banned from doubles. there's nearly no point in having a team without an MK on it, his overcentralization of doubles is far beyond what he does in singles and yet that's what everyone complains about XD

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I wasn't kidding when i said i gave up hope a long time ago.

I mean, i appreciate the effort and all and i really will enjoy reading all of the information you guys collect, but at this point i'm just over it. Not like the brawl scene will live long enough to see him banned anyways, eh?

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
I wasn't kidding when i said i gave up hope a long time ago.

I mean, i appreciate the effort and all and i really will enjoy reading all of the information you guys collect, but at this point i'm just over it. Not like the brawl scene will live long enough to see him banned anyways, eh?
We need some Courage Wolf.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LI1FP3czJnY

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Some of those were legitimately funny.
+5 spots on the tier list for courage wolf.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero

but in all seriousness, MK should at least be banned from doubles. there's nearly no point in having a team without an MK on it, his overcentralization of doubles is far beyond what he does in singles and yet that's what everyone complains about XD

I love you more every time you post.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931

That was noted back then as well: the dominance of MK in doubles was quite clear early on. 1 big concern brought up would have been the lack of uniformity for leaving him in the game for singles, but not doubles. The other argument was "Well MK always wins doubles because the best players play MK".

Also, real talk for all the people who hyped FOW vs M2K for over 6 hours:

I hate you all with the passion of an Omnipresent God who is utterly and entirely displeased with your very existence. I watched M2K basically gay the crap out of Ness with grab releases, shuttle loop, and Dair and this was supposed to be hyped just because FOW beat people along the way? I'm disappointed in some of you for thinking that would be a close set. No disrespect to FOW, but jesus the last time I heard people this exited was back in the day when people thought Bowser or Yoshi went even with MK. This kind of baloney is getting old.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom