• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v5

Status
Not open for further replies.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Yoshi has even/somewhat even match-ups with Snake, Wario, and Ice Climbers. When talking about high tier, this also applies to everyone besides Lucario.

:069:
1.) He was talking about top tier, not high tier
2.) Snake has a sound advantage over Yoshi
3.) Not sure about Wario but he's not top tier
4.) I give you ICs

:059:

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
1.) He was talking about top tier, not high tier
2.) Snake has a sound advantage over Yoshi
3.) Not sure about Wario but he's not top tier
4.) I give you ICs

1) I know. It was just an aside. Actually, I think Yoshi does overall worse against the C-tier characters than B-tier. :laugh:
2) No, he doesn't. I've played this match-up extensively, and both sides agree to a slight advantage to Snake. Out of the top 4 he's definitely the easiest.
3) Not according to this tier list. Just saying...
4) Thank you.

:069:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Polt, don't listen to Gheb. :\

Also, grab release shenanigans on Ness is one of the few reasons why Sonic has an advantage on Ness but not Lucas (because it doesn't work on Lucas).

The reward factor is stupid good if Sonic gets a grab. Free 30% or more, plus getting Ness off stage and below you. DELICIOUS.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
But seriously, do people actually think Wario is top tier? The character is good but top tier should be restricted to MK, Snake, Diddy and maybe Falco at the moment imo.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
But seriously, gheb should be restricted to STFU tier at the moment imo.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I talk about reality, not this tier list.

lol nice job covering yourself...

but to answer your question.

yes, wario is still top tier. Just because somebody suffers from teh golden rule of brawl harder than others doesnt make them better or worse than any other character.

Marth is top tier and hes probably THE BIGGEST example of the Golden Rule of Brawl.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I suppose a person has to ask--What Wario is around that is putting up a great fight in top-level play, justifying the character\'s spot above Marth and Ice Climbers? I don\'t recall seeing a lot of results from Wario on that level, really.

I suppose Wario is top tier material.
He has great weight and KOs at lower percentages than most. Even though fishing for a KO is probably difficult. His aerial mobility grants him an approach and a method to camp. Recovery is decent enough. Overall, I do not see why he shouldn't be up there.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Placement is not the ultimate stance of how good a character is unless it can be reasonably proven why they aren't placing.

Aka people figuring out G&W, and R.O.B.

Luigi player

Smash Master
I don't think Ghebs point was that Wario should drop much. It's just that A tier should be:

(MK), Snake/Diddy/Falco

B Tier should be guys like Wario, ICs, Olimar, Pika, etc. ...

The top 4 just seem like they are a step higher than the rest...

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I suppose Wario is top tier material.
He has great weight and KOs at lower percentages than most. Even though fishing for a KO is probably difficult. His aerial mobility grants him an approach and a method to camp. Recovery is decent enough. Overall, I do not see why he shouldn't be up there.
How does he approach characters with safe anti-aerials? Falco / Diddy utilt? Hell, even Mario utilt goes through his aerials and don't require the opponent to leave the ground or force them in their shields. Same goes for GW nair, Peach / DDD bair, not to mention MKs wall of anti-aerials.

*Edit* LP with that hard read <_<

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
How does he approach characters with safe anti-aerials? Falco / Diddy utilt? Hell, even Mario utilt goes through his aerials and don't require the opponent to leave the ground or force them in their shields. Same goes for GW nair, Peach / DDD bair, not to mention MKs wall of anti-aerials.

If you do a Falco/Diddy U-Tilt, it leaves you open on the ground. Those moves are good at stopping most aerial approaches, but simply airdodging to the ground and attempting a jab/grab is more than enough to punish these moves soundly. Also, well-spaced B-Air can hit through.

As far as aerials go, people can only do them while in the air, where they can't always be. That being said, Wario has a method for getting around almost anything; the trouble is creating that opening with proper movement.

Also, I think Wario's jab is underrated.

Reflex sums up what I was referring too in a way. Wario has the mobility to get in and out of stuff all the time. Does it always work, no. But it means he doesn't get completely shut down by anything. Besides, why do that when you have the option to just sit there in front of people, double jumping all day long, shaking his arse saying, "Come bite this hunk of sexy ***!"

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Marth is better though.

Also, "not getting gayed" isn't good enough for top tier. Pikachu doesn't really get gayed by anything either, and no one but me thinks he's top tier. :D

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Airdodge approaches are super risky for Wario because a pivot-grab mix-up can lead to grabs and grab releases. It's a guessing game but unless he actually hits the opponent with an aerial it doesn't seem to be very rewarding.

Wario > Marth

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Airdodging with Wario is a lot safer than doing a U-Tilt with Falco. :/

I would've suggested N-Air with Falco, honestly.

Also, Wario has all the tools he needs to avoid grabs, so they're really not very detrimental to his placement.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
He has tools to avoid grabs. But even in theory he can't reliably avoid a grab if he wants to actually approach via the air to obtain the lead, which is what he needs to play his hit and run game [in which case he is really hard to grab].

And whether it's utilt or nair with falco ... the commitment to cover ALL of his aerial approaches is minimal. I doubt that airdodging it is reliable or safe.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
gheb, I really really hate the fact that you respond to

'well usually when im in that situation, I do [X] and it works because [Y]' from reflex with

'That SHOULDNT work because I THINK [Y] MIGHT be safe enough to keep [X] from happening'

its just ignorant because you argue with people who are telling you how it is from experience when YOU EVEN ADMIT IN YOUR POST, that you barely have half an idea of what youre talking about.

also. since im on the subject of how stupid gheb is
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJwXBcRnbNM

now can you PLEASE stop meat riding masashi and acting like pit is a good character?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
You call me ignorant

And then you use the only video EVER where Masashi wins with a character other than Pit as proof even though you know absolutely NOTHING about Pit, Masashi or Japan.

Kill yourself.

Die !

Smash Cadet
You call me ignorant

And then you use the only video EVER where Masashi wins with a character other than Pit as proof even though you know absolutely NOTHING about Pit, Masashi or Japan.

Kill yourself.

Just stop, each and every time you post, you look more and more silly

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
You call me ignorant

Kill yourself.

You didn't even watch the video. :/

Flayl

Smash Hero
I've watched it and it doesn't make any sense at all to use it as anti-Pit propaganda. Maybe if you showed him doing even worse as Pit?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Let's keep it in the one topic. No need for two of them.

I look silly because I have my own opinions and stick to them. Because I'm not a tool like ...

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I've watched it and it doesn't make any sense at all to use it as anti-Pit propaganda. Maybe if you showed him doing even worse as Pit?
I think that video deserves to be posted in every thread ever just for how awesome the first 20 seconds it to be quite honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom