• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Brawl Game Disc Ripping Thread: File Structure up! Stages! ATs! Roster!

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
I'd be willing to help out with this, seeing as I dabble a bit in some programming languages myself.
:p Just hook me up with a torrent when the time is right(Via PM, or AIM/MSN, incase the boards are lagging and crashing again).
^_^.
-DD

Rock Man X

Maverick Hunter
I have to agree with everyone and say that ripping the music would be most excellent. If you could do that, huge kudos and many thanks to you!

Do you think you'd be able to rip the game's models and/or rigs as well? I'm an animator and I would LOVE to play around with some of the Brawl characters in Max or Maya, depending on which they used.

J18

Smash Journeyman
i hate the fact that i know people are gonna find a way to cheat online, and everyone's gonna do it too.

geogaither

Smash Apprentice
i hate the fact that i know people are gonna find a way to cheat online, and everyone's gonna do it too.
Hopefully not as frequently as on some games if there is no true ranking system.

Who cares if you won if you can't gloat about it?

Kubuu

Smash Journeyman
To be honest, I think people just need to kick it old school:

- Buy the game

- Play through it all thoroughly

- Buy the soundtrack when it drops

- Enjoy every minute of Brawl

That's just me though.

MAST3R

Smash Apprentice
To be honest, I think people just need to kick it old school:

- Buy the game

- Play through it all thoroughly

- Buy the soundtrack when it drops

- Enjoy every minute of Brawl

That's just me though.
I agree. Even though i'll be recording videos for YT, i'll still take my time and enjoy this game to the fullest. I won't rush through SSE or unlock everything asap just for the pulicity. Ripping the game is like cheating yourself out of the experience of playing through and finding out everything on your own. Also, isn't it illegal?

supa*

Smash Cadet
Oh gosh, no online cheating! :O

Mario Kart DS online was ruined due to a little thing called Action Replay (AKA insta-win).

Actually, I'm perfectly fine with benign hacks, it's just the "1 hit KO", and "You beat me?! Freeze your game nao!" hacks that I can live without.

Heck, it would be fun to play online as an Alloy :p.

As for music, yes/10. Though, I wouldn't be surprised if there were some miracle feature that let you download all Smash songs onto computer MP3s, the game is that crammed full. :D

LuigiTendo

Smash Apprentice
Well, I can't wait for the soundtrack! FOUR songs per stage and there's like 20+ stages already!!! so that means like FIVE CDs worth of CDS!!!!

AkA`Mr.Wigz

Smash Apprentice
Hey man... I do the same... but with the Shadow of the Colossus soundtrack.
Dont get me wrong I like the music for Brawl...

But I cant picture anyway blasting their system to "Yoshi Ending Theme" or anything of that nature

btw...

MGS music is the ****...

DragonBlade

Smash Journeyman
I can't seem to find a program that converts AST to something more common (mp3, ogg, etc). Does anyone have an idea?

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
I can't seem to find a program that converts AST to something more common (mp3, ogg, etc). Does anyone have an idea?
Use Winamp with the in_cube.dll file in Winamp\Plugins folder. Then in winamp, for output, select diskwriter and it'll make a WAV file from the file you play.

LeeHarris

Smash Lord
I wrote my OWN GCM Reader and NDS reader. I never released them. I wrote DS-X Manager (if you've heard of it) and I was the one who wrote the opensource NDS ROM Trimmer.

This tool (WiiED by Crediar) only decrypts but people have repackaged games. Decrypt, Modify, Encrypt, Play on Wii. This allows homebrew and hacks.
I don't mean to be rude, but you say people have repackaged games? Please link me to a repackaged ISO. I haven't heard anyone from the scene say they have found how to sign the disc with a new hash.

Do you have your GCM/NDS readers hosted anywhere?

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
I don't mean to be rude, but you say people have repackaged games? Please link me to a repackaged ISO. I haven't heard anyone from the scene say they have found how to sign the disc with a new hash.

Do you have your GCM/NDS readers hosted anywhere?
Haven't you seen the 24c3 video where modifies the Lego Star Wars game with a code injection. It was decrypted, code injected and re-encrypted.
As for the reader, I haven't publically posted anything. The NDS one is a full program, it's just a bunch of functions (parse header, convert logo/banner to BMP, trim ROM), stuff like that

Garuda

Smash Ace
Shortfuse, do you think it's at all possible to convert 3D models to .3ds format?

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
Question about the soundtrack. Can't it just be ripped by connecting an audio captrurer to a speaker outlet?

Garuda

Smash Ace
Unless you set the recorder to Stereo Mix, the quality would be pure crap. I could do that, though, since I have nVidia stuff or whatever I don't know anything about anything.

Wolfgang457

Smash Journeyman
I know you've probably heard this several times already but...
If and when you rip the Brawl OST to MP3 files you will officially be my hero.

Zink

Smash Champion
blergh let's try this again.

is it possible to find the hitboxes on the disc? I know we don't really know how it's all divided up until we see it, but it would be six kinds of awesome to rip hitboxes directly.

Goopygoo

Smash Ace
Looking for our princess in another castle.
Question about the soundtrack. Can't it just be ripped by connecting an audio captrurer to a speaker outlet?
The problem with that is that it takes forever, and if any sound effects occur, then it can be heard in the final product.

Hey Shortfuse. Not to be greedy, but you said you made a DS decrypter? Have you ripped the Meteos soundtrack, and if so, can I have it? Can't wait to hear the Brawl soundtrack!

P.S. You never cease to amaze me dude.

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
The problem with that is that it takes forever, and if any sound effects occur, then it can be heard in the final product.

Hey Shortfuse. Not to be greedy, but you said you made a DS decrypter? Have you ripped the Meteos soundtrack, and if so, can I have it? Can't wait to hear the Brawl soundtrack!

P.S. You never cease to amaze me dude.
busy busy! i'm attending to my most popular thread (also the most popular thread on smashboards). didn't you know? WHobby08 is going on RIGHT NOW.

Garuda

Smash Ace
I guess in all honestly, you have no clue whether or not it's possible to convert models to .3ds format.

Xane

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XaneFeather
3DS FC
3866-8124-2065
I'm mostly interested in the BGM and Sound Effects.
Would be very nice.

Knightcrawler

Smash Journeyman
Ugh! Guys, do not make specific requests yet. He doesn't have the game, how could he possibly know for sure if he can do something or not?

I have to agree with everyone and say that ripping the music would be most excellent. If you could do that, huge kudos and many thanks to you!

Do you think you'd be able to rip the game's models and/or rigs as well? I'm an animator and I would LOVE to play around with some of the Brawl characters in Max or Maya, depending on which they used.
I'm with Rock Man X here. I just wanna say that I am an artist, although I'll admit that I work really, really slowly. I've actually already started making a Brawl level; I was intending for it to be done before it went gold and then promoting the heck out of it until it got noticed, then hoping Sakurai would include it. Anyway I'd be interested in making models/textures for Brawl mods if it has to come to that, and if it is possible. I'm not promising anything right now, though. I've gotta make a few changes in my life first.

That said, if you have an E-mail subscription for your work, please subscribe me: Knightcrawler2@yahoo.com

That's my junk E-mail that I'm not afraid to get spam in with, too. Maybe in a few months, we can work together to make Brawl even bigger and better.

Urser

Smash Apprentice
Wait. So you're telling people not to request things ripped from the game because it may not even be possible... Then you go on to say how you want to mod Brawl and change textures, etc.? Isn't that a bit contradictary?

Knightcrawler

Smash Journeyman
I wasn't talking about simple things like music, I was talking about hitboxes. To make them visible might take some fiddling around. These are usually only visible in games where the debug menu is left intact. Let's say the debug menu isn't intact in SSBB. You could have a few choices. One of them would be to extract the model with the hitboxes and animations, then render them in 480p in a program that renders similarly to this game/the Wii. Another would be to set it up so the game renders edges (1-dimensional objects) for hitboxes in play. This is probably harder than it sounds.

Another question was asking where to find repackaged ISOs. This is not a question that should be asked in public.

There was another request that was probably not the best, but I forgot what it was.

And I wasn't requesting he do this or that, I was saying that if he takes a certain avenue in his modding, that he'll have my support from an artistic standpoint. So that's the difference, IMO. w/e, I don't want an argument. Sorry if I was a douche.

cedrick001

Smash Rookie
I don't understand sorry, i'm french, but to rip song, do you have the original game at home??:confused:

heartless-bowser

Smash Rookie
If you'll get the music from Brawl....

I'll go crazy!!! Then you'd be my hero man... Of course, they need to be in MP3 format.

You've my support! =D

Xane

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XaneFeather
3DS FC
3866-8124-2065
If you'll get the music from Brawl....

I'll go crazy!!! Then you'd be my hero man... Of course, they need to be in MP3 format.

You've my support! =D
DSP/HSP >> OGG >>> MP3.
I'd prefer the original format myself.

okiyama

Smash Ace
Basically, in order to be a good programmer, you have to be good at logic. That's all computers are. They are not opinions. They are not thoughts. They are all logic. Any Sci-fi movie you have seen where the computer goes crazy after having hours of thought is false.

Computers don't think, we just program them to emulate thought. Basically, AI.

But I must say, my friend loves his programming classes in college. He loves to make up hilarious things while still doing the actual program for a grade.
Programs are all chains of events. Most programs start with one thing then makes omething happen because that happened then something else happens etc... of course there are exceptions but a simple code would be:
(GML)
if speed=20
speed=10
That will make it o that if the variable "speed" becomes exactly 20(if you don't program it in computers are always precise and exact) then the variable speed will be 10.

Obviously programming is more complex than that because you need different events to tie into eachother so that it can work all into one big mess of things going on.

on topic: I believe it would be highly illegal to offer the soundtrack for free if you do successfully rip it, especially if Nintendo releases a disk with the soundtrack.

Kasado-Bit

Smash Cadet
Oooh, this'll be interesting. I'll have to keep this thread bookmarked for when the game comes out in Japan...you'll rip the Japanese disc, right?

Top Bottom