• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Code Q&A + Requests

b17bomber

Smash Rookie
I've tried for more than an hour, trying different suggestions from around the net. So now I come to you.

I recently installed an external hard drive. I have copied my legit Super Smash Bros. Brawl disc to it for use in USB Loader GX rev 600.

I cannot for the life of me figure out how to run the Official Brawlplusery 4.1B, and my custom character skins while playing it from the hard drive.

Do I need a different USB Loader? Throough help would be much obliged!

rocklee10

Smash Journeyman
Where is Brawl+ going in the future? Will it ever be a major competitive video game, just like vBrawl?
I know when it first came out, very few people used it, than a few tournaments popped up, and now Japan is starting to use it. So does anyone think/know that Brawl+ will ever be included in the MLG roster?

codfish92

Smash Ace
Denver Colorado: wishing it was never summer.
Could some one tell me where i can locate CSS
Or a list of them.

:embarrass
CSS are handled by a code, so there isn't some set list. i find brawl +'s to be very good. it's in the code agenda thread.(you have to use independent pokemon engine if you wan independent pokemon)

Where is Brawl+ going in the future? Will it ever be a major competitive video game, just like vBrawl?
I know when it first came out, very few people used it, than a few tournaments popped up, and now Japan is starting to use it. So does anyone think/know that Brawl+ will ever be included in the MLG roster?
Brawl+ will never be in the MLG roster(MLG doesn't endorse modding of games). Brawl+ will most likely never become as big as vbrawl. vbrawl will always control the brawl tournament scene.

brawl+ can have tournaments and be a good chunk of the tournament scene, but never the majority. vbrawl will always win in that scene.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Random thought: Does Sakurai know of brawl+?

If so, I hope he's ******ing looking at our changes and thinking of stuff for the next game.

pokelover980

Smash Ace
Ok, I'm confused. My texture hacks for Marth and Mario worked perfectely, but now I'm editing ZSS, and no matter what I do, unless it is the original texture her body always turns white. I have the .pac as well, but that didn't do anything. Also, I tried making her paralyzer invisible by making the texture for it the purple color used to make transparency.

Oh, and if it's important, I'm NOT using ASH, I'm using SmashBox, as it makes having all of the ASH's worthless.

EDIT: The face texture works just fine, but the body doesn't. Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask.

Acarus

Smash Rookie
I've heard rumours that there is a code that allows additional players to join from the same Wii in online Brawl "With Anyone". Is this true? If so, could someone show me how to use it (I'm kinda new to this)? Thanks.

marter

Smash Apprentice
I'm having some issues with the CSPs. I have both the big and small files ready, and they all seem to go through CUPASH fine, but when I load up the game, only the big files load. The in-battle portraits are not there. Could someone help with this please?

codfish92

Smash Ace
Denver Colorado: wishing it was never summer.
I've heard rumours that there is a code that allows additional players to join from the same Wii in online Brawl "With Anyone". Is this true? If so, could someone show me how to use it (I'm kinda new to this)? Thanks.
it is true
Code:
with anyone

4A000000 90180B44
38000000 00FF1000
10000000 0000000C

you must be host for this to work

with anyone team

4A000000 90180B44
38000000 00FF1100
10000000 0000000C

don't have to be host, but you have to be in the training room before you join another game.
only one person will be in the training room.

you have to have that code on, then just go to anyone and click start.

Anyone know the code for custom stages on Wi-fi?
check in the code thread, i know it's there.

camzy

Smash Journeyman
Is there a way you can make a .gct file that has more than 256 lines? I see the Balanced Brawl and Brawl+ code sets are over 256 lines yet they work fine.

SonicChrono

Smash Cadet
How do I add the music patch code onto a new .gct file without overwriting the RSBE01.gct file from Brawl+?

I just need help on it.

Acarus

Smash Rookie
it is true
Code:
with anyone

4A000000 90180B44
38000000 00FF1000
10000000 0000000C

with anyone team

4A000000 90180B44
38000000 00FF1100
10000000 0000000C

don't have to be host, but you have to be in the training room before you join another game.

Thanks a bunch, the Basic Brawl code works fine, but teams doesn't seem to work.
When I enter the Team Battle character select screen, it doesn't allow any players (other than player 1) to join from the same Wii.

Any suggestions?

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
How do I add the music patch code onto a new .gct file without overwriting the RSBE01.gct file from Brawl+?

I just need help on it.

there's a guide on this on the first page, first post, on how to do this. basically you need to make a text file and put it in there. It tells you everything you need in the first post.

Happy accident, I was the one who made the guide :D

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Is there a way you can make a .gct file that has more than 256 lines? I see the Balanced Brawl and Brawl+ code sets are over 256 lines yet they work fine.
the newest computer cheatmanager can break the limit, and so can the cheatmanager on homebrew.

marter

Smash Apprentice
I have 2 questions, one of which I already posted, but did not receive a response, so here is the old question, and the new one.

1) I'm having some issues with the CSPs. I have both the big and small files ready, and they all seem to go through CUPASH fine, but when I load up the game, only the big files load. The in-battle portraits are not there. Could someone help with this please?

2) When using PSA hacks, is there currently, or will there ever be anyway to not completely replace a character when using them?

Thanks!

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
I have 2 questions, one of which I already posted, but did not receive a response, so here is the old question, and the new one.

1) I'm having some issues with the CSPs. I have both the big and small files ready, and they all seem to go through CUPASH fine, but when I load up the game, only the big files load. The in-battle portraits are not there. Could someone help with this please?

2) When using PSA hacks, is there currently, or will there ever be anyway to not completely replace a character when using them?

Thanks!

1. I have this problem as well @_@

2. Not yet. In the future a clone engine will be released (hopefully)

rocklee10

Smash Journeyman
it is true
Code:
with anyone

4A000000 90180B44
38000000 00FF1000
10000000 0000000C

with anyone team

4A000000 90180B44
38000000 00FF1100
10000000 0000000C

... No it's not : (

Finman702

Smash Journeyman
Good to know I'm not the only one with this problem.
Any idea when the clone engine will be released?
You have to rename the smalls after theyt come out of CUPASH
There is an extra "." somewhere in every file thats not supposed to be there. Idr where, sorry.

marter

Smash Apprentice
You have to rename the smalls after theyt come out of CUPASH
There is an extra "." somewhere in every file thats not supposed to be there. Idr where, sorry.
OK, so after I put the CSPs through CUPASH, I need to rename some files. Could someone please let me know which files?

Finman702

Smash Journeyman
OK, so after I put the CSPs through CUPASH, I need to rename some files. Could someone please let me know which files?
The files for the smalls. If you tell me the directories and a file or two in each I will tell you wich ones. I just cant remember off the top off my head, nor can I check right now.

TheStig

Smash Lord
i'm trying to run the forgotten city stage texture for smashville and it freezes every time. i used all parts from 00 to 04. anyone here get it to work?

spiderjjr45

Smash Apprentice
I've been checking out the partial size modifier code, and I simply can't find the modifier for Ness's hat's BRIM. Not the whole hat, but the BRIM, which should be another offset.

Anyone know the offset for the brim of his hat?

CheDDar-X

Smash Apprentice
Code Request:

Normal Brawl is actually Angled Brawl. ( I like angled better, and it'd be cool if I didn't have to go to special brawl every time.)

Acarus

Smash Rookie
I can't seem to get Brawl+ to work for me. I'm using the .GCT file and the version of Gecko OS included in the Brawl Plusery small package. When I try to run it through Gecko OS 1.9, it tells me there are too many lines, and then runs the game without any codes.

Am I doing something wrong?

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
hey guys can someone post/link me to a thread with the codes for swapping the ingame music around (you know, moving song x to stage y)

and explain exactly I have to do please?

NNID
Budget_Player
Ugh.

So I'm trying to put together my own Brawl+ GCT and I've run into a problem. What's floating point? Like, say I want the hitstun to be equal to the current brawlplus hitstun... what do I use for the changable value?
Hitstun [Phantom Wings, Spunit262, The Paprika Killer] 02B84F48 00030001 04B83AA8 3ECCCCCD The value in yellow is the floating point, and also brawls default
The last one is yellow... I don't know what to do to change that at all. Same with a few other codes.

Top Bottom