• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Create a Stage! Create, Share, Rate, Discuss!!!

red stone

Smash Ace
magnet rail train level

ok, i thought this would be a pretty fun stage. it starts off with all the characters being dropped onto the roof of a high speed train. it's a pretty straightforward level. if you get knocked off, the rails the train is on are only for show, you cannot touch them. the front and rear of the train have edges you can grab onto. (it's at the hood, same as corneria).

ok so you're fighting for a while when suddenly, a warning sign pops up (or an announcement says "you are now arriving at your destination") at this point, you better duck because a tunnel is coming up. there are gaps between the carts that you can go into to avoid being hit by the tunnel. of course that would mean everybody would cease fighting which would be boring. so why not continue fighting with CRAWL action. that's right, the roof of the tunnel leaves just enough space for you to crawl towards each other and continue the fight.

finally, you can stand up when you reach the terminal. you can continue fighting normally for a while until a voice says"train is now in motion". this is when the train goes out through another tunnel. finally after that, you're out in the open air again high above the city.

Shot at 2007-07-23

fierfek99

Smash Rookie
I thought of a unique/innovative stage, but I really, REALLY don't think that it would be easy to draw,
so I'll just explain it.

It could be based on some metroid-themed thing, starfox, or hell even just Mario Galaxy.

You would be 'falling down' in space, surrounded by asteroids, stars and stuff.
Asteroid platforms slowly sink into the bottom, an endless pit.
Stars come floating upwards, and stardust bridges form at certain points between asteroids.

At one point, perhaps a massive comet could come up from the background and
the players would fall onto it, battling on the comet's surface before it breaks up into smaller asteroids again. The asteroids would float horizontally for a little while, providing a more stable battleground, but they would all get sucked into a black hole eventually,
bringing you back to the beginning of the stage.

Also, characters would have less gravity then normally.

Picture it initially like a vertically-scrolling stage, but everything is sinking DOWN slowly,
while the background is going up.

SuperAce

Smash Journeyman
magnet rail train level

Shot at 2007-07-23
That one sounds fun!
I thought of one while I was playing Budokai Tenkaichi on wii. It'd be a compilation of the pokemon stages from all three games. Picture this, you start on the Saffron City Pokemon Center. Once you knock somebody off the edge, the other living characters chase after him/her where they landed... say Silph Co or something of the like. Something with interactive KOs and lots of movement. You could even end up chasing the guys to the train station from GS or Copycat's house.

VivaLaPuff

Smash Apprentice

I'm on my MacBook so I'm without any image editing software so I can't show you a true visual representation of my idea, but I think you get the point. I certainly wouldn't have it be so big but I'd make sure there are at least 3 levels of ramps. DK wouldn't be at the top, instead barrels would just randomly roll down the ramps (and of course, sometimes down the ladder).

During VS. Mode (when items are turned on) a Hammer will appear on a platform at the top every few minutes.

I also wouldn't have it be a walk-off stage. The edges would be cliffs.

Ladders, baby.

And who doesn't love a little 8-bit.

ness4life

Smash Journeyman
In the apartment next to Sakurai. Friday is Pizza
i would like to see a level based on the very final battle of FE7.

it would be a flat stage like final destination, with the dragon and the portal in the background. the dragon would occasionally strike the stage with flame tounge, destroying a part of the floor for about 30 seconds.

i thought this was an original idea, what do you guys think?

Desruprot

Smash Lord
Honestly this has the same chances as the create-a-character feature but, in my opinion a Paper Mario stage would be cool... The main thing I think I would want would be a "Create-An-Event-Match" option it would be very interesting... Another Idea of a stage would be the Gannondorf's Castle in OoT

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
i would like to see a level based on the very final battle of FE7.

it would be a flat stage like final destination, with the dragon and the portal in the background. the dragon would occasionally strike the stage with flame tounge, destroying a part of the floor for about 30 seconds.

i thought this was an original idea, what do you guys think?
Sounds a lot like the Bridge of Eldin stage except the bombs thrown on stage to make the ground explode are replaced by the flame tongue =/.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
So, is this going to get moved to the Stage Forum, too?

I want to go back and get my Pikmin stage, too...not too many comments on it.

This is a stage I posted in the Olimar discussion. meta_owns_your_dad and I came up with some of the concepts. This is not a walkoff level. The swooping snitchbug carries a platform around like the carpet in MK2. The shearwigs will destroy the bridge slowly, causing a gap. The rolled up part is something you can stand on. Later on, the pikmin will unroll it, closing the game. There is also a mushroom, which acts as a platform.

The background will have some cool scene going on involving Pikmin, large enemies, battles, carrying items to the onions and whatnot. Maybe Louie or something will appear back there commanding pikmin. For simplicity's sake, I left it blank here.

Zoinkslls

Smash Apprentice
Mario's Oil (I think) Factory, one of the Game & Watch games, or better yet, the original SSB desk you see in the intro in SSB64, that would be sweet! I've wanted it since I played SSB64.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
Mario's Oil (I think) Factory, one of the Game & Watch games, or better yet, the original SSB desk you see in the intro in SSB64, that would be sweet! I've wanted it since I played SSB64.

Building upon the desk idea, why not have the Hands come in every so often and transform it. It would be pokemon-esque, but maybe less broken. I think it's a great idea.

vesperview

Smash Hero
DK Arcade Stage:

Well, this is what I came up with, I know it's a little flat but for a retro stage it makes sense, basically it's flat with two platforms on top, barrels drop from time to time, and the fire barrels on the edges throw fire which must be avoided to not take damage, only item available on this level, can you guess? DUH! the Hammer!

Edit:

*cries* :'( everyone posts the arcade game stage before me!!!

WaterTails

Smash Lord

Okay, This is a pendelum stage... I made it with paint, I know it sucks!

Mewtwo uses his oober pshchic powuh to turn the stage up to the top and lets gravity work for a while...

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose

Green Hill Zone.

I figured you can temporarily be invincible while running through the loop, then lose it once you've finished the loop itself.

You can grab both ledges on the loop, and the left ground ledge.

Remember in Sonic 1 where you could break through the wall? Thought I'd make it so if you attacked into that platform on the far right, it would reveal a tunnel that leads to the right side. The wall could respawn back in like the bricks do in the mushroom kingdom levels.

Also, both the edge of the tunnel near the pit, and the top right ledge of the platform can be grabbed.

helterskelter

Smash Cadet
Oh my gosh. That guy is really good. Awesome find, hetlersketler.
Yeah, he really is a talented guy. I wish he would go here instead of Nsider (Thats what i did), he not only does great work in drawings but he also goes to tournaments and stuff and is definately not a noob to the smash scene.

D

Deleted member

THE WINDFISH'S DREAM (Link's Awakening)

This stage takes you on a whistle stop tour of Link's Awakening. Sorry, but you gonna have to use your imaginations here!

1. Southern Shores. A sandy area, and with a swift sunrise visible in the distance. The beach is similar to Delfino Plaza, except without the houses. The Zelda Main theme plays here. Then this fades into...

2. Gonopo Swamp. A sticky area, in which the water slows down combatants. Plants and fish leap out at players. A remix from the second dungeon plays here. The midday sun shines high in the sky. After a time the scene again pulses into...

3. Ukuku Prairie. A wide grassy field, where moblins and other animals can attack the player from the long grass around the screen. There are no platforms. A faster, more upbeat Zelda Main theme plays here. After a time, this fades into...

4. Tal Tal Heights. A huge moutian range, and many levels to play on, with cut-able ropebridges, pitfalls, and breakable platforms. The famous Tal Tal Heights Theme plays here, in the setting sun. Another phases occurs...

5. Wind Fish's Egg. A dark, dungeon-like area, with lit candles. It resembles a small room, so there is no chance for opponents to be KOd. Consider it a free for all area. A sorrowfull remix of the Ballad of the Windfish plays. Suddenly, a deep whale song is heard, and the entire screen will fade to white...

6. The Open Ocean. You're fighting amid driftwood on the ocean again (basically unstable platforms that sink when they are standed on). The sun is risen again, and the windfish can be seen flying away in the distance.

Shifts occur based on how much time is left, so fights always end in the ocean. Not a good area of tournments, but rather shows off a wide range of scenery and frantic battle options.

Enjoy.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
i added this to my battalion wars discussion, and so i thought i'd post it here

it's one huge stage, similar to the middle section on castle seige, except there is barb wire in the middle. tanks and planes crash down near the area and make the two black platforms you see. enemy planes will drop bombs on the tanks or planes, which causes the platforms to dissapear. but eventually another tank or plane will get destroyed and cause another platform to appear. don't worry though, the only thing that hurst you is the barb wire in the middle.

it's the background i like though. you'll see in this crudely drawn pic that the two opposing forces will fight in the background (the red areas are explosions). so along with the music, you may hear explosions or gunfire. again, this won't affect the characters.

what do you think?

EDIT: d*** the link wasn't working. oh well, maybe you can just ignore this then

Wreked

Smash Lord
I have an idea for a super mario galaxy stage. I tried posting this in the galaxy thread, wouldn't let me. Anyway i'll start. You start on a simple large round planet. This is not a walk off stage. If all the people move to one side of the planet, the camera will scroll around to where you are. After about a minute, a large shooting star forms around all the players. It squeezes and you shoot off. While in the air you are still able to fight. Also there will be small stars that you can collect that heal you. There are white, red, blue, yellow, orange, you get the idea. The smallest ones will heal you 1%. The large ones will heal 10%. There will only be one to two large ones each trip. After 5-10 seconds you land on another planet. The type of planet varies. There are large round ones, small cylinder looking ones, flat large ones. Only one or two stages will have stage hazards. One planet will have lava, others will have bullet bills, goombas, and catepillars.

http://img.hexus.net/v2/internationalevents/e3/wii_mario_large_1.jpg
This will be the starting planet, very basic and large.

This is what the lava stage will look like. Lava shooting up, and multiple small pillars.

This is what that flat large stages will look like.

The stars in the top right is what the stars would look like. You have to move to them to collect them not just point the wiimote at them.

This is the size of the bullet bills. But there will be not that many.

And this is the small cylinder planet. There will not be too many if any catepillars though. If there are just jump on them to kill them. Same with the bullet bills.

D

Deleted member

what do you think?
Very good. Maybe a little difficult to follow, but I like the idea of planes and tanks. Though I'm a little unsure as to whether they would include it in the current climate over iraq :(.

MFZ95

Smash Journeyman
How about the wrestling ring from the Kirby Games,have a little WWE-love!........The Stage that is suitible is an all new mushroom kingdom,this time its Super Mario Bros. 3 themed!!

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
Very good. Maybe a little difficult to follow, but I like the idea of planes and tanks. Though I'm a little unsure as to whether they would include it in the current climate over iraq :(.
why not? they made Battalion Wars during the war, and the second comes out this october

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
Hahaha, all so good. I really enjoy the Zelda stages, because IMO there can never be too many Zelda stages, but that Mario galaxy one is also sooo good. But can it be done without lag?!?! That is a question to be answered. I guess theres one way to find out!

slicknick9688

Smash Rookie
my first stage idea

Here's a sketch I made of a stage idea I had today. I'm not sure if it's been though of yet, but if it has, here's my take...

The Table, A Bedroom
(Super Smash Brothers)

>As if I really need to explain it, this is the table from the ssb intro. I don't know if it's too soon for a ssb throwback already but whatever, I like it.

>The main area is the tabletop. Then there's the books which will act as a platform or a platform/obstactle. The top of the lamp will be another platform, this one being downfall-able. I'm not sure about the tissue box yet, would it be too obnoxious being as short as it is? Also, should I include the pencil holder or leave it out?

>Nothing too crazy will happen on this stage, but of course the hand will make random visits to rearrange the objects on the desk. And I know the idea is being used a lot already, but time could pass from day, to night, and back again outside. Finally, and I might be pushing my luck here, but to make the stage even more epic...there will be custom character entrances just for this stage. The hand will drop the dolls of the characters onto the table just like in the ssb intro.

And there's my first ever stage idea, I have more ideas brewing but let me know what you guys think of this one. :)

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
^^^^
I like it. Classic. Not really "your" idea, but yea. I think it should change back and forth between real-world desk form and Smash-world stage form throughout the course of the battle.
Like, it should be a desk while it rearranges, and once it's done rearranging, it goes to Smash world, just like in the Intro!?!? This stage is going to be so well thought up, that Sakurai himself is going to read this thread and demand that the stage is put in Brawl. I would even go so far as to say it will be the final stage to unlock. Maybe you could get it only after you unlock every character and every stage.

slicknick9688

Smash Rookie
Hey, thanks for the positive feedback so far. I know it's not exactly "my" idea but I wasn't sure how else to word it. I had thought about having the desk change into classic smash levels but I thought that might be a bit too much. So how do you guys think the books, lamp, tissue box, and maybe pencil holder should work? Should the books be a solid object or should the tops just act as a platform? Should the tissue box be a solid object and/or should the pencil holder be there? The main problem I'm having is that I can't decide what to do as far as platforms go.

Edit: Now I know what you meant by not exactly "my" idea, I didn't realize Zoinks had posted the desk idea a page before mine.

Rapiido

Smash Cadet
Well.. I'd have no idea how to draw this.. so.. >> <<

Anyways, everything is set in a Pokemon Stadium-esque stage. And there's two trainers (Red and Blue, the boy an girl from the series [the girl wasn't playable til Fire Red/Leaf Green]) ordering attacks to a Charizard and a Blastoise (or Venusaur... since... Green came first in Japan and the revamped was called Leaf Green) and the players are brawlings within and around the Pokemon Battle.. I dunno. xD I fail at describing. It would definitely bring out the main focus of Pokemon, battling.

Either that or the stage from the First Pokemon episode with Gengar Vs. Nidorino/Jigglypuff which is in the beginning of the first two/remakes games.

Top Bottom