• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official FL Power Rankings (top 10) as of 10/04/07!!!

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
Amber thought parameter was a good word too.

Parameter for top 10 in FL!!
Parameter for Brawl.
Doodah operates OUTSIDE parameters.

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
parameters are information taken from the population as a whole, while statistics taken from a simple random sample of the population... well, generally SRS, it could be stratified, or even blocked according to some category. But its an important distinction because if you have the parameters then you can get a plethora of information just by taking a test of significance using Z or a confidence interval, otherwise you have to use a T-test and well now you have to do all sorts of extra steps. You have to assume much less as well because statistics generally have a tendency to contain some bias. sample size would of course have to be large enough to draw any sort of meaningful conclusion, that and unbias make it possible to draw conclusions about the population from the sample.

And of course everyone knows that using statistics as such, one should probably make sure that if you wish to prove anything outside the realm of chance, you should have a z-score above 2 (so that the probability of the occurrence happening by chance is about 5%) and the power of such a test should be around 80% in relation to your findings, otherwise it would have a high propensity to predict such things incorrectly.

double-blind experiment with simple random sample.

z score

chi squared test

correlation!power!transformations!boxdiagrams!

*runz*

Zoro

Smash Champion
I rock and roll

all day long sweet suzy

lol

HBOX with that sick nickname

and jiggs

top 10 doesnt really signify much

just what a general opinion of FL's top 10 players are

excluding doodah
Only because your not on it haha
if you were youd be like LOOK AT ME IM TOP 10!

TedBoosley

Smash Ace
parameters are information taken from the population as a whole, while statistics taken from a simple random sample of the population... well, generally SRS, it could be stratified, or even blocked according to some category. But its an important distinction because if you have the parameters then you can get a plethora of information just by taking a test of significance using Z or a confidence interval, otherwise you have to use a T-test and well now you have to do all sorts of extra steps. You have to assume much less as well because statistics generally have a tendency to contain some bias. sample size would of course have to be large enough to draw any sort of meaningful conclusion, that and unbias make it possible to draw conclusions about the population from the sample.

And of course everyone knows that using statistics as such, one should probably make sure that if you wish to prove anything outside the realm of chance, you should have a z-score above 2 (so that the probability of the occurrence happening by chance is about 5%) and the power of such a test should be around 80% in relation to your findings, otherwise it would have a high propensity to predict such things incorrectly.

z score

chi squared test

*runz*
The fact that I understood every word of that despite the fact that I had an 'F' in AP Statistics in High School horrifies me.

Raistlin

Smash Lord

z score

chi squared test

*runz*
Is freaking everybody taking statistics? I hate that class, so much.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
This is Exarch at Fenrir's

Hey guys look how cool we are: we hang out with smashers when we're not at tournaments!!!

We're smashing with DF, and he definitely should be #1 on the power rankings!!!!

I feel bad for all of you who just missed DF's Marth vs Fenrir's Link on DL. Most intense match i've ever seen.

Zoro

Smash Champion
This is Exarch at Fenrir's

Hey guys look how cool we are: we hang out with smashers when we're not at tournaments!!!

We're smashing with DF, and he definitely should be #1 on the power rankings!!!!

I feel bad for all of you who just missed DF's Marth vs Fenrir's Link on DL. Most intense match i've ever seen.
aw
I need some Link vs Marth tips fenrir!

1-up

Smash Journeyman
this has got to be the gayest top ten since.. well the last top ten. i hope the people who shouldnt be on that list feel better about themselves now cause its not going to help you when the next tournament comes around and you lose to the people that should be in those spots.

BoomStick

Smash Journeyman
NFL for GA power rankings..or AL or somethin..Gartz to all that made the list..Esp Skrach and the 3 brothers who love going to macdonalds with NFL

QDVS

BRoomer
BRoomer
I like how people complain, but don't provide good reasoning...

Saying the list is gay or sucks, doesn't tell me what you find wrong on it!!!

And saying people don't deserve to be on it (without saying who) and why you think that doesn't tell me much either!!!

Though I know 1up rarely checks the boards so he prob won't see this anyways!!!

>_<

:colorful:

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
Lol, tell us who should replace Exarch and SmashMac?

I can't think of anyone...

at all.

And to the people in CFL, like HBOX, yea you placed 3rd at some tournies, which is good. But you havn't done that at really a great tournament. I mean something with people from all around FL. Not mainly just CFL.

Exarch can't randomly beat someone like Colbol, it has to be skill. Its not our fault when we view Exarch we view a Roy player that doesn't get all that far, but does good. We should be viewing a really good peach player.

SmashMac, at LTEC 2, he got 9th. Beating Queen, and almost beating Forward in pools. Lol?

9th out of 70 ppl sounds kinda top 10 to me, considering about everyone good from FL was there.

And now he just got 7th at a Gigs beating Queen(again) and beating Green Mario. 2-0 for both. That sounds pretty top tier to me.

Hell, next tournament *** might take me out. But hey, that shouldn't be considered top 10 right?

Quit johning and give a valid reason for them not to be on the list. And don't give me this B.S. Ohhhhh they only did good at those 2 tournaments. That would be a Rice situation. He doesn't go to many tournaments. But when he does, he *****. Thats why he is Top 10.

And even if they have only did good at a couple tournies, they did it at the most important ones.

StripesOrBars

Smash Master
LOL.

This is coming from the "other" pro Doc player on SmashWiki.

Did one of your scrub buddies put you on the list, Cyphus?

Or did you put yourself on that "pro Doc" list?

Either way its hilarious.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
yea..too bad 2 of my "scrub buddies" took out Rice last month (no johns, i love rice)...but you're right- bashing LA is definately cool. As for me though, i don't have much use in defending my skills to you. I've heard from many people though, you're a lot cooler in person...anyway....just don't forget you have a buncha MoneyMatches w/ us n00bs from back when you were an asshat in June. I have not forgotten.
5 bucks against, Cyphus, John, Taylor, Ricky
20 bucks against Lee ;)

------------------
anyway though, from my limited experience in playing the FL community it looks great. And with that, i take my leave. (begin generic insults now)

Top Bottom