• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Innovative Ideas Thread

pulse131

Smash Ace
ledge hopping away into b pivot is a pretty safe mindgame if your opponents is on a platform

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
Speaking of mindgames, when shooting arrows with Pit I like to double jump, then drop back down and shoot an arrow or jump glide and cancel the glide just to shoot another arrow. It stops them from approaching most of the time so you get in more arrows.

Added Katana combo to the OP, check out the video.

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
Hmm, do you have enough time for a fair lock on mystic wrath? I don't think you can ftilt because it didn't look like Marth got locked in the video.

Added to the OP for consideration.

Katana_koden

Smash Ace
Help me calculate possibilities for ART- angel ring technique.

Okay some know I found the frame that ART activates on landing. It apparently is every 11th landing frame ONLY.

Short hops are 40 frames. Now lets assume every air hop is also 40 except his last jump. This example shows how far it goes for 11th multiple.

Short hop(40) fair( 38 frames)
Air hop 1 (40) dair( 36)
Air hop 2 (40) dair( 36)
total (120) and (110)

Now 110 is a high number but ART works!!
I couldn't be the only one to notice, pits aerials are only a frame in different speeds including aerial dodge. So lets find shorter and even logical setups for it.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
luckay you should take the stuff from my arrow combat thread (at least the stuff u think is relevent) and put it in here in a collapse box. that way we can start to clean up these boards.

btw if the above message didn't get it across i vote that we should keep this thread as it is important for pits to constantly try to advance their metagame and this seems to be the thread to do it in imo

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
all ur doing is stopping ur run just b4 u hit the edge, waiting a bit (u should learn to recognize pit's skid animation so u know when he is skidding at the edge as opposed to just standing there), then use any special (mainly WOI>aerial but i skid cancel all specials based on the situation now). once again thx u luckay for finding this as it really did up my meta game.

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
Nothing new, but I'm going to make a video for woi gimping. It's extremely effective against the psi kids and snake. It wrecks Ness and Lucas' up b by pushing them away and making it hard for their pk thunder to hit them at the right angle. If they know this then they will probably come after you with pk thunder and try to take you down with them, but I doubt that it will happen often. I've done it in tourney against Coney's Ness.

Against Snake, it cancels the momentum of his c4 recovery tactic, but he maintains the knockback so it's pretty much certain death. Possibly better than a spike since the wind hitbox is so big.

That being said, I think I will also make a video for Pit's 2v2 capabilities. Woi can play a pretty nice role in 2v2, and I intend to show you guys some neat tricks.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
against psy kids it can be jsut as effective to run off stage and take the pk thunder hit against ness as it leaves him dead and you with your jumps and recovery. also you can just cancell out their pk thunder with woi wind too if they are good at takin u with them.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
aww luckay he was obviously jokin (i would hope so anyways). but luckay is right try to keep it serious outside the social thread.

here is some metagame advancement, make a vid about the properties of tilted dtilt (if you don't know what i mean read my post on the second to last page of the DDD mu). i forgot to mention there that it also changes the spike box and that can set up for some good comb-age

Nitrix

Smash Ace
Lucario is a wonderful 2v2 partner for Pit. Lucario soaks up damage, Pit stock tanks and lands arrows which gives Lucario free hits.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
it's mk. nuff said. if you wanna be uncreative and have an mk on ur team instead of experiment that's fine because you will do fine because it's mk. however if you experiment with diff char partners you'll find out things like if you give ur kirby team mate palutena's bow and he draws back and holds the arrow he is short enough for pit to shoot his arrow over and thus if you 2 wind up on the same side of the stage with ur opponents away from you then you have the ultimate camping tactic down. me and blaze beat sk92s team at WG4 in friendlies that way

Nitrix

Smash Ace
MK isn't always the answer for teams. Yes he is a fantastic partner, but you need to realize his weaknesses and make sure that the other partner accounts for them.

Metaknight can't kill at low percentages, Pit isn't seen as an effective killer either. I think another character like Wario or Lucario might be better.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
um... are we forgetting donkey kong good sir? dk + pit = total ****. and im not saying that mk is always the best partner im just saying he is always a good partner

also luigi and pit have some crazy kill combo's since pit can wing dash luigi into people as he charges his already ridiculously powerful smashes. and god damn does it work just too good

Xcallion

Smash Ace
MK isn't always the answer for teams. Yes he is a fantastic partner, but you need to realize his weaknesses and make sure that the other partner accounts for them.
I will never forget these words o' wisdom.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Dat luigi so fresh.
I teamed with sensei b4 he toook a hiatus. Hope he comes back asap :). Our teams were so awesome.

D3(me) and luigi (him) we had dthrow to jab to regrab semi-infinite. Dthrow to upb dthrow to fsmash and our absolute favorite down throw to taunt spike :troll: we love seein ppl faces when we pull it off.

Our other team was Snake luigi cause of pure killing potential.

Our other team was Pit mario which had some very interesting aspects and set ups.

when he comes back we'll be doing double pit, pit luigi now that yall told me about that lol. Didnt think of that one. And prolly snake pit/lucario pit. He no longer mains mario :( i understand why though. So he's now a pit main with a sub of IC's cuz he has the cg mastered on mk's.

btw luigi is too legit in teams lol. Same for lucario xD.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
He no longer mains mario :( i understand why though.
the only reason mario is so low tier is cause how hard he loses to mk and the fact that very few people actually use him in tourney cause of that. however when you look at mario's actuall match ups he goes even with a lot of the cast and it's only cause how popular mk is that he ain't higher tier.

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
Boss got 5th at a tourney a couple weeks ago going all mario. Mario is good, but characters like mk **** him. Ban mk someone, the cast is crying.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
honestly without mk this would be a balanced game imo. sure snake and diddy and falco are all great but other characters would learn the match ups and thus get better ratings without a who r e-nado to shut em down. or a shuttle loop. or a frame 2 uair. or constant transcendent priority......

Xcallion

Smash Ace
are we seriously out of ideas? If all else fails we could bring up true combo's for doubles.

Xcallion

Smash Ace
as far as i know the only true combo's for pit are: stuff that lead out of throws at low %, the katanna combo and (this is news to me) arrow>buffered dash attack.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
okay. if that's all you know man let me enlighten you on ALL the true combos i can think of before i got to bed here real quick.

note that against g&w marth, mario, and mk they can up b out of some of these. other combos are character weight class specific. but for the most part, these are general true combos

out of fast falled sour spot bair:
fsmash
utilt
dash attack
AR

out of sourspot bair in the air:
crit bair

out of dthrow on certain characters/percents:
utilt
rising nair

out of arrow at specific distances:
dash attack
utilt (here is how this one works. on certain characters you can stand/fall to where you are "inside" them. when that close you can hit them while they are standing with an upward aimed arrow. from here you buffer utilt)

utilt can true combo into itself against certain fast fallers like the spacies and link at low percents based on DI, placement, and percent.

out of looped arrow:
any attack besides ftilt (for the most part)
AR
footstool
wingstool>crit bair (this is true. but also near ****ing impossible. never pulled off in tourney)

out of back throw:
buffered dash attack. low percents only

if i have stated any falsehoods here someone please let me know but to my knowledge these are all true combos on at least some characters

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
I hyphen smash out of fast falled sour spot bair most of the time and it usually works

I also think glide attack cancel into an utilt is a true combo. Not all 3 hit of utilt connect, but if you hit them with a glide attack and it cancels into the ground an utilt can combo out of it at low percents.

I've been wanting to make a new video for this thread, but school johns and pokemon johns. Spring break is next week though so expect something new soon.

Top Bottom