• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Innovative Ideas Thread

fUddO

Smash Ace
I'm pretty sure Earth does it all of the time in his matches. Seriously, if you haven't already, check out the preSRT vids. Earth took 2nd at a 97 man tournament.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Ik it's not really innovative, but i think we should have a video of pit mirror shielding every recoveryand ways to gimp it afterwards with WoI.

Xcallion

Smash Ace
As soon as i get my normal computer back, i'll be happy to help however i can

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
when i get a new wii jons.

anyways heres a list, and please guys make you're own lists, i don't want this being like the ARROW IS A LIE thing where like every1 just went with wat i said.

list:
-true combos
-mirror shield>WOI gimps (btw you can do it to D3 but you have to jump into his butt hitbox and time mirror to hit it then. in other words, when he is coming down)
-test your radiel WOI gimp through the stage thing on a bunch of recovery stuff.
-be sure to use epic music :)

CHOMPY

Sinbad: King of Sindria
NNID
Chompy621
I found that if you let go of your control stick and press B while your still in that dash animation. The Angel Ring gives you more range and speed.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
hey guys, does any1 know how many footstools pit has to do hit some1 with buffered dair out of footstool? because im thinking if it only takes 2, then we could true combo peeps on the ground with footstool>WOI>foostool dair. i don't know if this would useful at all but i know if anything it could set up a juggle. plus it's always nice to have more true combo options.

(man im bored as hell if im thinkin of crap like this)

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
I honestly might not have any time until after finals in May. The next vid will be a big one though, probably around 10 minutes of a lot of things Pit can do like grab combos, grab releases, woi properties, etc.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
okay ill take initiative and keep coming up with great ideas. like the one i forgot to mention where i took your skid cancel idea but then went and did a pivot skid cancel with WOI or arrow into jumping bair or falling bair or bair WOP. pulled that off on some dude at sync's house and forgot to tell you about it. well guess you know now :)

ill post more ideas as they come :p

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
I tested a reverse skid cancel and I couldn't do it at first. You bringing it up made me test it again while playing wifi and I realized we could jump-cancel a woi from a reverse skid cancel. This might work great for bair kills at that angle.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
see? we just hella bossed that out and upped our metagame just that much more. we make a good team for ideas luckay, i think up some good, plausible ideas or lay out some obscure fact, you test it out, perform it to perfection, and teach everyone else how to do it.

of course in the beginning the reverse of that was true, where you found the skid cancel and taught me and everyone how to do it. and i thought of doing AR backwards out of skid cancel for edgeguarding purposes and we found out that works.
and you thought of DTUB stuff at SV, and i found that on battlefield, we can position ourself to do a DTUB in front of a platform, the WOI forces them onto it, and we can fair lock them once and then do a bair punish. it is highly situational but i've done it.
and you made that MK/Pit 0-death, and i laid out several other highly doable ones that i mentioned in their individual threads in my doubles study. which then led to me listing all of pit's true combos to my knowledge.
hell, this thread inspired me to find out stuff like Mystic Wrath (the true crit bair version i didn't put in the video, before i knew the lock was way too delayed), and now reverse skid cancel that was based off of your original skid cancell.

like i said, we make a great idea team bro :)

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
i don't know if anyone does this but as a mix up i do dthrow>wingdash>fsmash on people. and if they are at higher percents it only hits with the second hit (the one with the knockback) so they can't just SDI out. i mean don't get me wrong this is totally escapable but the fact is it takes a lot of people by suprise and can get that kill for you when you need it.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
i don't know if anyone does this but as a mix up i do dthrow>wingdash>fsmash on people. and if they are at higher percents it only hits with the second hit (the one with the knockback) so they can't just SDI out. i mean don't get me wrong this is totally escapable but the fact is it takes a lot of people by suprise and can get that kill for you when you need it.
Haha the vex combo :awesome:

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
for the most part ya. some of the footage in "huh thats nift" was more mind game based but mostly all of that is true. (the only thing that wasn't perfect was mystic wrath but that's because the timeing is near impossible and i couldn't do it right for the vid.)

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
so i was trying a new mix up yesterday and i found it to have good results as like any mix up, i used it sparingly.

some1 is chasing you, run away. then do a pivot. now full hop and b reverse (this all has to be done really fast btw guys) an arrow but charge it until you land. i would always go over and land behind him and then shoot the arrow. the arrow has enough hitstun to combo into stuff like grabs and smashes and DA and jab so when used as a suprise tactic it works really well.

it also worked as a fake approach where you run towards them then do the pivot jump and reverse.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
hey luckay, i need you to test this as it's legitly important.

you know how on RC marth can gr>stutter tipper fsmash metaknight when the screen is scrolling left on the top portion? well im thinking by that logic, we shoud be able to gr>fair metaknight on that portion of the stage especially since there are so many places to grab him and get the guarenteed air release.

if this works that is one more option against MK at RC. and that is worth having as it could be an easy kill if it works

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
hey luckay, i need you to test this as it's legitly important.

you know how on RC marth can gr>stutter tipper fsmash metaknight when the screen is scrolling left on the top portion? well im thinking by that logic, we shoud be able to gr>fair metaknight on that portion of the stage especially since there are so many places to grab him and get the guarenteed air release.

if this works that is one more option against MK at RC. and that is worth having as it could be an easy kill if it works
I'll test it today :)

Top Bottom