• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Innovative Ideas Thread

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
I do have this one potential doubles 0-death with mk, but I feel like its not enough to dedicate a whole video to it. I'll do it anyway though since it might make people think of some more tricks. Gonna get lunch then get to work!

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
put up a vid of true combos mang. not neccessary all of them because some are too specific but put up the general true combos to give people an idea on what is guarenteed. at least i think you should....

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
that's hot **** dude!

and if you look a lil higher up i listed a bunch true combos that i know are indeed true. i can guarentee everything up there is true except dthrow>rising nair. it hasn't failed me on like wolf at 0% but i stopped doing that when learned how to chainrape him so i would test that one on other characters before saying it's true.

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord
I like this thread. It'll go more in depth and evaluate things when I finish this thread.

Can I ask tho, why do you wingdash after the Glair? I don't really see it's purpose.

Edit: finish this work O_o

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
I like this thread. It'll go more in depth and evaluate things when I finish this thread.

Can I ask tho, why do you wingdash after the Glair? I don't really see it's purpose.
That is what makes the wingstool effect. If im understanding you correctly.

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
Yeah, it makes them fall earlier since their upwards momentum gets canceled. Look at the beginning of the DTUB chasing video. One part shows bowser flopping around in the air for a bit and then the next part shows him falling almost immediately.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
luckay, another 0-death 2v1 is weegee dthrow>pit woi or footstool>fireball jab lock infinite. or same with kirby's fthrow>WOI>jab lock. or pika dthrow>same general idea. DDD's dthrow>stop opponent from going forward at all with WOI>DDDregrab infinite. actually same could be done with wolf's dthrow as well in theory.

now here is a wacky idea. so the tip of pits dsmash jab locks. if it always jab locks, in theory, 2 pits could do something like:

pit1 dthrow> pit2 WOI or footstool> pit1ftilt lock then dsmash tip lock>pit2 dsmash tip lock>pit1dsmash tip lock>pit2 dsmash tip lock...... double bair or fsmash or a combo of both ftw!

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
Footstool works better obviously since you cant tech it. The infinite cgs would be nice to try out. I don't think the tip of dsmash always locks though.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
but the 2 pit dsmash may lock long enough to get a kill. or instead both pits could keep fast falling sour spot bair. anyways that is so advanced and requires such perfect placement that i doubt it could be pulled off. the other ones that aren't double pit that i listed tho are totally plausible.

also, ima nag at you :awesome: (points down)

true combo vid ftw luckay. to quote some guy, "You hAve the technology"

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
so ive got a question for ya luckay. could you test and see if when we get an air release on mk if 2sjcus will hit guarenteed like running attack does? if so that's one more option we have on mk.

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
Doubtful. Dash attack's hit box is just the right length to hit mk after an air release. Usmash cover's Pits body more or less which doesn't reach mk in time. I won't be able to test anything this week because I have a midterm and 2 papers.

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
I'm gonna post this before I forget.

I was in tournament against a Marth and he used up b to get back to the ledge, but didn't make it for some reason. It could be his judgement of distance, but a pro Marth player like him wouldn't make that mistake. Coincidentally I had accidentally used woi or I might have wing dashed out of habit because I like doing it just for fun sometimes. This happened at the same time he up b'd to recover.

What I'm trying to say is maybe we can pseudo-spike characters who are about to barely make the edge when recovering by stopping or slowing them in their tracks by using grounded woi near the edge and they won't grab it. The wind push effect goes through the stage. There is proof of this because it works the opposite way when we up b on the ledge to push snake's grenades away.

I've seen footage of Snake and even TL bombs hitting the stage and stage spiking people under the ledge of the stage. So if the explosion can go through, a circular hitbox with a radius, why can't our wind push?

I'll test this soon enough and in theory, if it works, we have an almost effortless (Timing would just need to be precise) way to kill characters with recoveries like Marth, Mario, Luigi, etc. Especially when they try to plank us. Keep it on the down-low for now Pits. ;)

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
wat are you talkin about fuddo? if this works then it is guarenteed lol. luckay if this works ill luv you 4ever. oh wait i said that when you found out skid cancelling.

ill stop nagging you for the true combo vid. hows that? btw i officially nag :troll:

fUddO

Smash Ace
I just find it very unlikely to be something that will work consistently. The ledge snap distance is huge, so unless they were going for a perfectly spaced ledge snap, I doubt that we would be able to push them far enough.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
true, but all things have a purpose in this game. anything mayb we could do it to something like sonic's up b which doesn't ledge snap or it could throw off the course of like Diddy's barrel rockets or stuff like that. hell it could mess up squall hammer or mayb even lucario's ES. hell it could even mess up wario's bike jump by stopping his upward jump momentum and put him too low to up b.

damn it i have to get ready for work

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
You know when you recover and dont snap the ledge, but you get enough boost to reach it in your vulnerablr state? I think it affected that interval of time.

Zulo

Smash Ace
Hey guys, I've been working on this idea for a while and I haven't been able to pull it off consistently at normal speed. It may just be my lack of skill, I'unno.. Anyways, what happens is when your opponent is between you and the ledge, start a wingdash forward. The wind will push them off the edge and, occasionally, you can footstool them before they grab the ledge. I've made this work plenty of times (using Marth as a dummy), but 3 out of 4 times Marth grabs the ledge and I just float out off the stage.

From there when it worked, the best things I could think of were try to mirror shield and/or punish the landing. And this isn't as dangerous as it seems, because you've done a wingdash so if he hits you out of it, you still have all of your recovery options. As far as I can tell, he automatically grabs the edge too so you should have enough time. Hopefully you guys can think of better followups. Another thing you can do after footstooling is WoI again.

I saw the Metagame Minute 3 video shortly after, and realized how much easier this would be off a platform. I was right, I can pull it off just about every time on x1/2 speed. From the footstool, you can WoI again and jab lock them on the ground with fair or weak bair. Then you can do the usual followups, I just charged an fsmash.

This could possibly be a followup to the combo on the front page, dthrow > WoI > fair on the Smashville platform. The great part about this technique is that it works at any percent (at least the footstool part).

This hasn't been done before, has it? I at least haven't seen anyone using it.

Zulo

Smash Ace
It might be called wing refresh. It's like a wingdash except you don't land, instead you go forward and footstool them off the ledge. And yes, you're footstooling out of WoI.

CHOMPY

Sinbad: King of Sindria
NNID
Chompy621
Yesterday, I discovered cool combo and it was something I never seen before. As your gliding towards the stage, you glide attack on a character while landing on a platform. After that, you dtilt spike the character while that character is in the air on a platform after a glide attack. In other words, you him them with a Dtilt and it's all a matter of a tech chase. I wondered if anyone else had discovered this cool combo.

I'll have the video up soon for those who are interested! :)

Lenus Altair

Smash Ace
This hasn't been done before, has it? I at least haven't seen anyone using it.
I know I have. I'm trying to think who it was. Someone had a whole video dedicate to techs like that...

Ill edit it in if I find it. Still it's a good idea to know about.

Top Bottom