• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Japanese Everything Thread: Sakurai Famitsu Interview - Translators needed!

Kokichi

Skia Oura
BRoomer
I'd translate this for you guys, but I'm busy the next few days, so I'll let SamuraiPanda get on this when he wakes up :) Cool find, love the little rectangle character pictures.

Heretique

Smash Apprentice
Found this on Fox's bio:

"[Note]
Too fast Kuri Shima of self-destruction.
DX, but this does is undermine the strength of character?

Command to create graphics on the original.
Wolf and Crystal have to go to war? "

Hmm.

Zinfandel

Smash Journeyman
Maybe if we all start chanting "Samurai Panda", he will untangle this vexing mess of foreign, taunting glyphs yet faster, ending our torment and despair?

Sariku

Smash Master
Calm down guys >.> Panda doesn't wake up till 7: AM Eastern Time, and then has school today. After that he has to record for SMYN and do homework and all that other fancy stuff.

Just wait a few days >.>

RyuDragonKing

Smash Journeyman
Excellent find, this should keep SamuraiPanda busy for a while. :D

I noticed this line of text: BGM siege warfare, "the theme of Fire" and the fiery "Bern superpower"

This obviouslly is talking about the music in the Castle Siege stage, 'the theme of fire' is probably the main Fire Emblem theme that was shown on the dojo, but the alt music 'bern superpower' I think is something new being confermed.
Can anyone more familliar with the Fire Emblem series give us an idea of exactly what song this is?

I'm pretty sure Bern was the main antagonistic country in Fire Emblem 6, which was Roy's game. They played a small part in 7, which was a prequel to 6.

Gill

Smash Journeyman
I'm gonna lose my ****ing mind if Ike got decently buffed.

(With joy, that is X3)

Tinkerer

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2251-4736-2935
People, these are all just random replies on a forum of people like us. It's hard to distinguish fact from fiction - we'll need an accurate translation to actually be sure about some of the stuff on there.

The Adder

Smash Apprentice
There's probably a thread on that forum that says 'Hey, I just found the english equivalent to our boards! The translation's sloppy, but look at all the E4All info! Maybe <Japanese equivalent of SP> can translate for us?
There's probably a thread on that forum that says 'Hey, I just found the english equivalent to our boards! The translation's sloppy, but look at all the E4All info! Maybe Grizzly Knight can translate for us?

ExtremeBrawler

Smash Cadet
Can someone make a list with the most important information about items,AT,characters of the Japanese Forum,please?!?
Only 'cause I don't wanna read all that...XDDDD
But also for other members of SWF...:)

susu_atari

Smash Ace
This is pretty slick.
Can anybody think of better translations than Google, though? A lot of it doesn't make any sense (just who is Rain Bullet?).

DMAJohnson

Smash Journeyman
Nothing to do now but wait, I suppose... :/

There's probably a thread on that forum that says 'Hey, I just found the english equivalent to our boards! The translation's sloppy, but look at all the E4All info! Maybe Grizzly Knight can translate for us?
That is easily the best thing I've read all day (granted, the day has just begun, but still). I can just imagine some of the other threads they must have. XD

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
Can someone make a list with the most important information about items,AT,characters of the Japanese Forum,please?!?
Only 'cause I don't wanna read all that...XDDDD
But also for other members of SWF...:)
This is pretty much the Japanese translator summon thread. We tried to summon SamuraiPanda but all we got was Kokichi. Eh, I guess he'll do. :laugh: :p

But seriously, I'm expecting somebody to make a supertranslation thread and this one to collect dust. By the way, JumpFesta had a Brawl tournmant on the 23rd where you used the classic controller, or so Google translates.

babelfish.altavista.com works pretty well
Except it doesn't romanize (convert to english characters) japanese words. There are many things that don't get translated that you can pretty much make out with Google. (ie: WARIOMAN, SAMURAIGORO, JANPUFESUTA, etc)

Oh and DX = Melee, X = Brawl. Guess what 64 is. :p

shipoffools

Smash Journeyman
shortfuse, all the info found you should really edit and put in the first post. for example i know nothing about jumpfesta b/c of the lack of organized data and how much its scattered in that thread, and plus this would show your desire to be a mod. thanks!

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
shortfuse, all the info found you should really edit and put in the first post. for example i know nothing about jumpfesta b/c of the lack of organized data and how much its scattered in that thread, and plus this would show your desire to be a mod. thanks!
Except we can't know all for sure. It's all pretty broken. I put stuff like Rosetta, clock, and soccer ball but this will be nothing compared to what real translators can do. I'll see if I can summarize some stuff we know for sure.
Smamix's update today talks about GimpyFish's Bowser. WIN! They link to this video, which I'm sure is Gimpy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_RZtQzzCCg

Edit: Well, it's not GimpyFish, it's Aries, but there IS GimpyFish's voice in the background.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Courtisy of Kimarhi Ronso of GameFAQs.

OK, found something. Someone on there claims that Metagross, Onix, Garchomp, Castform, and Gardevoir are in balls (we knew Gardevoir already of course). They further say that Metagross hovers above the ground and stabs it, causing an earthquake.

This person also reports Duster, Rosetta (Rosalina), and Sothe as ATs (as well as Lakitu and Samurai Goroh) and that Sandbag-kun is an item.
Oh, there's more in the comments, no wonder I missed it.

One person claims Regigigas, Metagross, and Garchomp are in balls. They say Regigigas starts out slow and gradually turns red, until it uses what they think is Crush Grip. They also say that Metagross definitely uses Earthquake.

I'll scour the comments now for more.
One person says "Latias appears (calls Latios)". I'm not sure what that means. I guess maybe that they're the same ball summon, and that Latias appears first, who calls Latios to come in too? Could explain why they do the same attack.

Also says that Pokemon Trainer and Pit say something with their final smashes, so I guess PT has a VA after all. On the other site, I believe they said PT says Ikuzo! Sanmittai! which, if the English version uses the same as the English site does, will be "Take that! Triple Finish!"

They also say Wario's techniques are slow to come out, but he's powerful.
Again, this is all thanks to Kimarhi Ronso.

WeeklyJumpman

Smash Journeyman
I'm a translator, and I've already translated the items page, so here goes:

The soccerball item is an attack that cannot be countered or caught and it turns into fire when you kick it.

The Timer item slows your opponents down, but it will sometimes flub like the hammer, and if that happens, YOU will slow down instead. So it's like grabbing "dynamite"!

I'll look over the others now, and if I see something useful, I'll tell you.

And you might want to add this info to the front of this thread, man. Thanks.

And please, please don't use AltaVista!! Their translations are as wooden as a tree.

Edit:
The forums that you posted at the bottom of your post are just speculation for characters and such, but it does answer the question "Do Japanese people suggest characters as stupid as Americans do"? The answer: Yes, they most certainly do. Someone even had a Goku moveset (and they included filler attacks!). Yikes.

Zinfandel

Smash Journeyman
I'm a translator, and I've already translated the items page, so here goes:

The soccerball item is an attack that cannot be countered or caught and it turns into fire when you kick it.

The Timer item slows your opponents down, but it will sometimes flub like the hammer, and if that happens, YOU will slow down instead. So it's like grabbing "dynamite"!

I'll look over the others now, and if I see something useful, I'll tell you.

And you might want to add this info to the front of this thread, man. Thanks.

And please, please don't use AltaVista!! Their translations are as wooden as a tree.
Really nice of you to make the effort *taps fist against chest, annoying stereotypical black movie character-style*.

It said something about Wolf and Krystal. Please be telling us in as unambiguous terms as possible what the heck they were talking about.

IntelliHeath1

Smash Ace
hmmmm

japanese think that Marth are similar to Ike.

" The sky is a long time to exercise.
けっこうマルスに似てるような感じです。 Mars similar to thank you like."

X-DS

Smash Cadet
The timer and soccer ball were explained by Sakurai himself in an issue of Famitsu earlier (where I imagine the Japanese forum got its info), and posted about in the Official Item thread.

WeeklyJumpman

Smash Journeyman
Thanks weeklyjumpman + pieman0920
Can somebody translate the last comment on: http://sumabura-x.com/modules/smartsection/item.php?itemid=95
It describes Rosetta's (Rosalina) Assist Trophy.
It states that Rosalina throws out star pieces for a few seconds, and that if you pick them up, you'll recover health. And the writer also states that a Luma comes out with her.

And great find, Shortfuse!! This is just as good as getting an update!!

Top Bottom