• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Japanese Everything Thread: Sakurai Famitsu Interview - Translators needed!

WeeklyJumpman

Smash Journeyman
Really nice of you to make the effort *taps fist against chest, annoying stereotypical black movie character-style*.

It said something about Wolf and Krystal. Please be telling us in as unambiguous terms as possible what the heck they were talking about.
I apologize that you don't understand me... but I think the threadmaster does, and that's who I'm looking to please, as I posted in his thread.

I don't see anything about Krystal or Wolf that really matters on the site, so...

IceClimbersUser1

Smash Cadet
thank you sooo much for finding this info! I am soo exscited about the clock and the PT and Pit VAs. Wouldnt it be awesome if they had Veronica Taylor do the voice for PT (voice of the original ash?) that would be awesome!!

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I should amend my earlier post. The more likely candidate for the song Bern Superpower is "Kingdom of Bern" which plays in FE7.

http://www.feplanet.net/index.php?fep=music&id=2

This is a link to where you can hear the song for yourself. It's track 62.
Off topic, but are you a member at FEP? I am and my current SN is Zero_to_Hero.

Err, and uh...this is an AWESOME FIND isn't it?

So Jump Fiesta is like Japan's version of E-for All? Anybody find videos of that event?

X-DS

Smash Cadet

So Jump Fiesta is like Japan's version of E-for All? Anybody find videos of that event?
JumpFesta is an event for the Weekly Jump and V-Jump comics. The focus is hardly video games, and even then it's mostly on games based on the comics.

Anihawk

Smash Rookie

I just registered under the name Anihawk. I found the awesome website through a search.

I'm not the biggest fan of the song but I can definitely imagine a remix fitting for Brawl. I'm crossing my fingers for the return of "Together We Ride". Now that was a fantastic song.

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Nice find. Hopefully these people aren't just speculating, but that some of these things are actually true. I would love to see Garchomp pop up in a pokeball.

Kittah4

Smash Ace
Thanks for all the effort, Jumpman. It's great to be more united in the info Japan and America both have with their events. Also, you support both Krystal and Mona, which is awesome to me.

WeeklyJumpman

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for all the effort, Jumpman. It's great to be more united in the info Japan and America both have with their events. Also, you support both Krystal and Mona, which is awesome to me.
Right back at you! I love your sig!

And I've been translating for about three years now, so it's actually quite fun for me.
Plus I love Smash, which makes it even more enjoyable!

If anyone finds any info regarding Smash, I'll gladly take a look at it and tell you if it's useful or not. And thanks!

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
This character info is great. They also reveal that Yoshi doesn't flinch when jumping. Is that the same as the double jump cancel I wonder...?

Zinfandel

Smash Journeyman
I apologize that you don't understand me... but I think the threadmaster does, and that's who I'm looking to please, as I posted in his thread.

I don't see anything about Krystal or Wolf that really matters on the site, so...

Nono, sorry, I understood you completely.

I meant to say that the japanese site itself was unclear about what sort of place Wolf and Krystal has in the game, and I was wondering if you could nestle some meaning out of the vague and often ambiguous way through which the Japanese language conveys information. You know how weird it can get when Japanese is translated into English, which is why I asked you to look at that small sentence about Wolf and Krystal and see if you could get something definite out of it. If there isn't anything, don't sweat it.

OrlanduEX

Smash Lord
I wonder how long it will take S. Panda to give us some detailed info on this stuff...

ExtremeBrawler

Smash Cadet
From BrawlCentral

According to some Jumpfiest Impression, we have some new info summed up for Brawl and here it is:

# Kirby's Final Smash does about 35% damage.
# The Soccer Ball bursts into flames when used.
# The clock SLOWS DOWN time. It does not FREEZE time.
# Lucas's PK Freeze is much more mobile than Ness's old PK Flash
# Snakes's Landmine attack is REMOTE, not PROXIMITY for some reason.
# New FE Music: "The Kingdom of Bern". I don't know much about FE, but I guess there''s a city in FE called Bern and it has a battle of some sort.
# Regigigas, Metagross, and Garchomp Poke Ball Pokemon.

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
Yeah, I see that on Brawl Central. They should really reference this thread since I'm actively updating it. There's more information on my original, first post

I'm going to be AFK for a couple of hours so I'll try to update the main post. If you guys want more info posted on the original post, link me to the translation source (or original page if you translate yourself)

MilesPrower

Smash Journeyman
How do they know what PT's voice sounds like and what Snake's mines do? I thought Kirby and Wario were only playable? Or were there new videos being shown at this FumpJesta?

X-DS

Smash Cadet
How do they know what PT's voice sounds like and what Snake's mines do? I thought Kirby and Wario were only playable? Or were there new videos being shown at this FumpJesta?
There were a bunch of new gameplay videos looping inbetween the old trailers and live feeds of matches being played.

EDIT: There's two videos on the Everybody's Nintendo channel. The first one is about 6:32 long and is the E3, Nintendo World, and then what I assume the E for All trailer back to back. (Not sure about the last one, but it's dated 10/2007 and E for All is the only thing around that time I can think of.) I haven't watched the other because my connection is kinda laggy, but I imagine there's nothing new.

EDIT2: Yeah, the Adventure Mode video on Everybody's Nintendo is exactly the same as the one we were shown on the site a short while ago.

IntelliHeath1

Smash Ace
I think I know why they made Snake's Mine Remote. Only reason they did that so they can't overspam the mines around Snake, so

Snake planted Mine > forced Snake's Down B or Down Smash become remote > Blow it up and go back to cycle; instead of plants like 10 mines which would be overabused.

OrlanduEX

Smash Lord
I think I know why they made Snake's Mine Remote. Only reason they did that so they can't overspam the mines around Snake, so

Snake planted Mine > forced Snake's Down B or Down Smash become remote > Blow it up and go back to cycle; instead of plants like 10 mines which would be overabused.
Good point, but they could also have just made it so that Snake can only have one mine out at a time. Kinda like how Link can only throw one boomerang at a time.

Top Bottom