• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "Little Mac for SSBB" Thread (SNES Mac, not NES)

Link'sShadow

Smash Journeyman
I agree with Parrothead. It's like how you name Link in the Zelda games so techniqually there is no Link in the Zelda series. Now I think they are going to put one of the Mac's that Parrothead listed before but the others will be color swaps (Like Daisy is to Peach).

Now personally I think NES Little Mac is more popular (Just test it on Youtube, Google,....), but Parrothead makes a good point as to SNES Mac is the most recent design. Think would you like Fox in Starfox Command (which he's taken from) or Starfox Adventures.

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
I didn't say that Super Punch Out wasn't a sequel to Punch Out, I said that the main character is never referred to as Little Mac or Mac(or anything that I'm aware of).

I didn't know that he was referred to as Mac in FNR2.

I'm pretty sure the NES Punch Out is more popular, especially the Mike Tyson version. Mike Tyson's Punch Out was one of the most popular games of its time, because it was one of the first sports games to feature a real athlete as a character.

Link'sShadow

Smash Journeyman
I'm going to change my opinion. Since many character are taking there latest forms (Link, Zelda in there Twilight Princess, and Fox in his Command) I would assume that Mac will be in his SNES form. I do hope he's short though. Put the "Little" back in Little Mac.

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
but linksshadow, also remember that the retro characters like pit are getting sevre makeovers, which could lead me to believe that little mac will get a makeover reminisant of the original

also mike tyson for at, knock out punch and ear bite will be his moves

Link'sShadow

Smash Journeyman
Ah ClarkJables is on to something. A brand new looking Mac maybe instore. Though I'm still wondering. I mean Pit and Ice Climbers were soo pixel that they almost had too recreate them for Wii graphics. SNES Mac has been made in Gamecube graphic, though he's really creepy in my opinion (That's what Anime looks like in Real life). But even NES Mac had a well design portrait. It could go either way.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Bottom line: Nobody wants the SNES main character; so why they heck are we all posting here instead of the real Mac thread??

@Xaron Fisk....I like that stage. It was kind of like what I was thinking, but I was thinking the platforms would behave sort of like those on FoD. I definitely want a Punch-Out stage. I've said it before, but I'd love to hear that music while fighting...

Pieman0920

Smash Master
La di da~

*This was made with NES Little Mac in mind, but it works for both*

(Some of Little Mac’s special moves work in a different way than other characters do. When Little Mac connects around 5 to 6 attacks, a star will appear above his head. This acts like a charge for certain special attacks.)

Neutral B: A large punching bag appears right before little Mac, and instantly, LM punches it, sending it forward like a projectile. The distance of a uncharged shot causes it to fly away only a little bit, falling fairly shot. (But the distance is still about one and a half the length of Bowser) When charged up by a star though, Little Mac will punch the bad father, at around the same length and arc as a capsule would be thrown, although the size is much larger. The start up animation for the sandbag to pop out of nowhere (ala Wario’s bike) takes a brief second, but the punch is almost instant (it actually can’t be stopped, much like Ike’s up B) If the player has a charge and doesn’t want to give it up, if they quickly tap B a second time, Mac will keep the star, but the bag will have a short distance.

Forward B: Little Mac hops forward three times, ending the third hop with a powerful punch, which has power that’s slightly under the Falcon Punch. Actually, Little Mac will stop and make the punch after the first or second hop if the opponent is in range, but the power will be cut if this happens. His attack can be stopped if the opponent hits him while he is making the shot hops. The speed of the hops is pretty fast, and while the second and first jump hop punches are also fast, the third has some slight lag as he rears back his punch. The distance in all is around the length of a Falcon Kick.

Up B: Little Mac performs his trademark uppercut. This is the second move that is effected by a star, actually. If uncharged, Little Mac will perform a short jump uppercut. The jumping range of this is smaller than the uppercuts of Mario and Luigi actually. The punch also does little power if it connects, although it will knock the opponent down to the ground. (Though not away) When charged, the recovery distance increases exponentially, with a range that is larger than Mario or Luigi’s uppercut. The attack’s power only increases slightly, but knock back changes so that it sends the opponent flying upwards instead of tripping.

Down B: Little Mac puts his boxing gloves up, and crotches down, swishing his body to the left and right before getting back up. If Little Mac is hit while doing this, he will near instantly dodge the attack, and counter it with a punch. The power of the attack is moderate, and is always at a fixed amount. If a projectile is shot at him, he will perform the same action, and dodge the attack, but this will leave him open as he still throws the punch. Also like other counter stances, he becomes vulnerable after he leaves the stance.

Final Smash: Little Mac’s FS can only hit one opponent, but even at low percentages it can KO them. After it is done though, Little Mac gets a power boost, and unlimited stars for about 10 seconds. Anyways, for the actual attack Little Mac makes a running dash punch and if he connects, he will start punching the opponent so fast that his arms will start to blur out. He starts to wind down by throwing several powerful but slow punches to the opponent multiple times (I was watching some Hajime no Ippo AMVs when I wrote this) then ends it with a final uppercut. After this is over he will make his victory taunt form the games, and receive the temporary power up.

parrothead

Smash Lord
Another reason why I chose the SNES Mac is that he has more officially-named moves. Watch the training segment after the opening of the "SNES Super Punch-Out!!". You'll see some officially-named moves, like "Knockout Punch", "Rapid Punch", "Counterpunch", and "Power Up". NES Mac doesn't have that many. All he has are his basic punches and his Uppercut, which is unofficially called the "Flying Uppercut" or the "Star Punch". The Wire Boxer from the arcade versions only has Uppercut and Right Hook.

Either playable boxer is more-likely at being as an Assist Trophy than as a playable character, because neither of them would have a Final Smash as powerful and effective as other characters' Final Smash moves, unless if the SNES Mac would use his "Power Up" move as his Final Smash, or allow other Punch-Out!! boxers to jump on stage and attack with their trademark moves, like Bald Bull and his Bull Charge.

parrothead

Smash Lord
King Hippo and Sandman come and help Little Mac out...
While Bear Hugger and Super Macho Man jumped in to support SNES Mac.

Popularity doesn't mean everything. When Kirby inhaled and copied the characters in both SSB64 and SSBM, he never did wear anything in his hands, but only on his head. SNES Mac has a more unique hair-do than NES Mac does.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
I'd like to see LM in Brawl.

Punch Out was a phenomenon for so many people. He deserves the spot far more than many characters who got spots already.

CronoMaster

Smash Apprentice
In my opinion, NES Mac deserves it more than SNES Mac. Both games are old, so new gamers most likely dont know either one, so, if theyll bring back one, NES Mac has more chances, cause is more classic

parrothead

Smash Lord
Kirby could get a pink jogging suit hood. >.>
No, Kirby has to wear something on or around his head, and it has to match the character. He doesn't always need something around his hands. In his Samus costume, he only wore Samus's helmet, but didn't use her Arm Cannon. In his Marth and Roy costumes, he doesn't always hold one of the Fire Emblem characters' swords, he only holds them when he begins to attack. In his Donkey Kong costume, he had hair around his body, but not around the tip of his hands, just the arm-parts of the hands.

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
The NES mac of course...he is one of the most legendary players of nintendo... i still dont know why he is not in smash!!

Punch out was undoubtely in the first top 10 most played games on nes (together with mario, contra etc...).

One thing is sure.... Little mac would need huge revamping (a la pit) cuz his old sprite simply sucks XD...

he needs a much modern style.

parrothead

Smash Lord
If the NES Mac enters SSBB, I might as well think that the SNES Mac is the remake of the green-haired Wire Boxer from the arcade versions.

Right now, I still think the SNES boxer is the remake of Little Mac. Let's compare the NES Mac's face from the NES manual to the SNES Mac's face from the SNES game:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* SNES Mac's nose is smaller than NES Mac's.
* SNES Mac's eyes are a bit larger than NES Mac's.
* SNES Mac has eye color, while NES Mac probably doesn't. However, NES Mac's eyes could be Aniridia: Eyes wherein the irises are not present; when the eyes appear to be two large pupils. However, there are many cartoon characters with eyes like that, such as the Simpsons characters, several Sesame Street characters, almost every character from Jim Davis's U.S. Acres and Garfield series, several Hanna-Barbara characters, almost every DragonBall/Z/GT character, some Kinnikuman characters, and so on.
* SNES Mac's hair is brownish-blond and has some cowlicks, while NES Mac's hair is very plain and black.
* SNES Mac wears nothing over his upper body, while NES Mac wears black tank tops.
* SNES Mac has no freckles on his face, while NES Mac does.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I guess they made SNES Mac different from NES Mac, because of the Green Wire Boxer's arcade Punch-Out!! look (LEFT) being changed to the look of his arcade Super Punch-Out!! look (RIGHT):

Or perhaps it's like when SNK Playmore changed Terry Bogard's Fatal Fury look:

To his KOF2003 look:

BUR5T

Smash Cadet
no way!!!!! i was think'n tha gangsta day that they should add tha old mac from piznunch out becuase tizzle would be off tha hook but tha new one is gay n not a very popular n recognizable brotha compared ta old mac

Xaron Fisk

Smash Journeyman
Unfortunately, according to the icon theory in the brawl general forum Little Mac's current chances are almost nonexistant, not that they were ever all that great. He will probably be an AT or sticker, or perhaps a post-release wifi addition if we're lucky. :( I hope I somehow turn out wrong.

burrito

Smash Lord
I won't believe that Little Mac is an assist trophy until I see it. I think 1up may have made a mistake.

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
You're in denial, bro. Little Mac is definitely deconfirmed, I don't think 1up could mistake it.

Would like to see him in a later Smash game, though.

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
As much as I didn't want Mac in brawl either, you didn't have to rub it in their fases. Jerk.
Since when did I rub it in their faces? I'm laughing because I'm so ecstatic for him actually being in Brawl in the place he deserves to be. I'm very happy that my trust in Sakurai's taste has yet to fail me.

Top Bottom