• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official MBR Tier List

Status
Not open for further replies.

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
Well, that's debatable. Barq's is a carbonated beverage, therefore your throat is more susceptible to being harmed from its acid; A&W doesn't have as much priority when attacking your throat, but it suffers from the disadvantage of not tasting as fresh.

even matchup IMO.

.Marik

is a social misfit
Barqs > A&W
This man knows what's up.

Well, that's debatable. Barq's is a carbonated beverage, therefore your throat is more susceptible to being harmed from its acid; A&W doesn't have as much priority when attacking your throat, but it suffers from the disadvantage of not tasting as fresh.

even matchup IMO.
I lol'd.

Probably around 60:40 Barq's favour. Ice is just an unbeatable AT in some situations.

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
I'm not that crazy about hoppy beers, but 60 minute is growing on me.

I miss PA where I could buy a case of Yeungling. It's nothing exciting, but for a standard boring lager, it's the best hands down imo.
Yeah, first sip of it I asked my cousin wtf was wrong with his tastebuds, but by the end of the second bottle I started really liking it.

If I ever see Yeungling I'll give it a try. My go-to lager is usually Beck's though.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
Edit: double post oops LOL
but yeah...something on topic...
Dittos don't really determine which player is better at the character. Also, they don't affect the character's relation to other characters at all, so it doesn't affect the tier list.
So it's whoever knows that match up best that wins.

I dunno, his Falco lost to Armada. But if he could beat everybody (including Armada) with Falco, then I'd be prepared to call Falco the second best. Then it would depend whether his Falco or his Puff is better overall, and I would consider that character to be the best in the game.
So Armada knew how to fight good Falcos, and not good Jiggs.

That's the only flaw in general theory.

Also, take note that people have been AMAZING Fox and Falcos at the peaks of the at-the-time-current metagames for a decades, how to fight Jiggs isn't nearly as evolved.

Also, take note that Fox is 1000% more unforgiving to play as. A perfect player can only hit another perfect player by tricking them. Jiggs gets % but gets out, Fox gets gimped.

St. Viers

Smash Champion
Um

S Tier
Coke
IBC Root Beer
Schweppes Raspberry Gingerale

A Tier
Sunkist
Barqs
IBC Cream Soda
Mountain Dew
Cherry Coke

B Tier
Dr Pepper
Pepsi
Mountain Dew Code Red
Mug Root Beer
7 up

C Tier
Coke Zero
A&W Root Beer
Sprite
Canada Dry Ginger Ale
Vault

D Tier
Mello Yello
Dr Thunder
Diet Coke
Moxie

E Tier
Diet Pepsi
Diet Root Beer (all varieties)

Honesty, I main Moxie, and I feel that if it were easier to pick up and master, it would be doing better. You just get quicker results with the higher tiers in terms of an easy time.

St. Viers

Smash Champion
after dawn: It's not that it's a bad character, it's just that it only does well at a regional level, and is more average that the other characters of it's type.

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
no way man.

a&w root beer has a clear cut advantage over soft drinks because of its lack of carbonate. its hitbox is therefore a lot smaller and it doesn't take up as much room.

not to mention that it's fountain chilled, as opposed to other root beers being chilled by ice cubes, which gives it a huge advantage in the later half of the match when the a&w root beer still has its momentum while the other root beers are washed out.

I'd say at LEAST high tier. but top tier sounds more accurate.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
sorry, i know this is a little off topic.

i was just thinking about the tier list and gained more confidence in my theory.

i believe the tier list is as follows:
TOP: fox/marth/puff/sheik/falco
HIGH: falcon/peach
MID: doc/ganon/ic's/samus
LOW/BOTTOM: everyone else

imo, the gaps between these tiers (mainly top, high, and mid) are huge compared to the gaps between each character in any given tier. (hence the categories)

while i'm not ridiculously sure about the placing of certain characters, i'm beyond confident with these tiers.
(i know i didn't change much from the "final" list, but i'm putting more emphasis on the separation of tiers)

Stev

Smash Ace
What's with people saying "look at mango and hbox doing so well in tournies, puff MUST be higher" and then knocking down falco despite chops, shiz, mango, peepee, and zhu's dominance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom