• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official MBR Tier List

Status
Not open for further replies.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
What's with people saying "look at mango and hbox doing so well in tournies, puff MUST be higher" and then knocking down falco despite chops, shiz, mango, peepee, and zhu's dominance.
don't get it twisted. i don't think any one player's performance should determine how good the character is. i honestly believe puff is a better character than falcon and peach by a noticeable amount.
when looking at who's "dominating" the smash scene, i don't see any sheiks other than tope and i don't see tope winning pound 4. that doesn't stop me from saying sheik is a top tier character. looking at who's doing well lately at big tourneys would have me say falcon's one of the best characters in the game and we all know that's not even close to accurate. (sorry falcon, i still love you bro)

edit: i think all the top tier characters are really close together. the only placement i'd say i'm really sure about is fox being the best. he's too perfect, imo.

D

Deleted member

In all seriousness I think Falco is 2nd best. Shine is so broken lolz even if he got the slightly less ridiculous one.
I also put falco at 2nd best. not so much merit put on the shine so much the ability to control the stage/opponent with lasers/priority. if fox had falco's priority, no one would play this game.

MarioMariox2

Smash Ace
NNID
KunehoKun
3DS FC
0748-3131-6459
list should look like

fox
falco
sheik
marth
jiggs
peach
falcon

yadda yadda yadda.
Spaces as top two? Deja vu, perhaps?

Eighth tier list (July 8, 2006)
Top Tier

* Fox
* Falco

High Tier

* Sheik
* Marth
* Peach

Middle Tier

* Captain Falcon
* Ice Climbers
* Samus
* Dr. Mario
* Jigglypuff
* Mario
* Ganondorf

Low Tier

* Link
* Luigi
* Donkey Kong
* Roy
* Young Link
* Pikachu

Bottom Tier

* Yoshi
* Zelda
* Mr. Game & Watch
* Ness
* Bowser
* Kirby
* Pichu
* Mewtwo

Virusbluemage

Banned via Warnings
Spaces as top two? Deja vu, perhaps?

Eighth tier list (July 8, 2006)
Top Tier

* Fox
* Falco

High Tier

* Sheik
* Marth
* Peach

Middle Tier

* Captain Falcon
* Ice Climbers
* Samus
* Dr. Mario
* Jigglypuff
* Mario
* Ganondorf

Low Tier

* Link
* Luigi
* Donkey Kong
* Roy
* Young Link
* Pikachu

Bottom Tier

* Yoshi
* Zelda
* Mr. Game & Watch
* Ness
* Bowser
* Kirby
* Pichu
* Mewtwo
Lol, Mario above Ganondorf.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
lmfao in retrospect the old tierlis tis garbage.

this one is looking to be that way pretty soon as well. I dont see why you would an arbitray title like "final tier list" on this thread when the game is still going strong over a year years later.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
lmfao in retrospect the old tierlis tis garbage.

this one is looking to be that way pretty soon as well. I dont see why you would an arbitray title like "final tier list" on this thread when the game is still going strong over a year years later.
exactly why we shouldn't say "final tier list"

S l o X

Smash Champion
You guys do realize he just copy pasta'd the 2006 tier list? So arguing over a tier list made over 2 years ago is quite dumb. (:
-
Just update the tier list every 4~7 months. I don't see that being a problem....there really isn't a FINAL tier list.

betterthanbonds9

Smash Ace
Tier list of smartness and resulting character wins (ie: people could argue Pichu needs the smartest player, but either way, Pichu should lose in high quality play no matter who uses him)
1. Falco
2. Jiggs
3. Falcon
4. Fox
5. Peach
6. Sheik
7-26 everyone else

Signia

Smash Lord
The more options a character covers at once, the less you have to think. Also, when a character has safe moves or when you can do things without having to consider the risk or weigh your other options you don't have to think too much either. When matchups don't differ too much you don't have to be too smart either, when you learn one matchup for some characters you just do the same for their weight class/fall speed or whatever.

Falco doesn't require the MOST thought.. if anything he'd be in the lower half of such a list. His matchups differ less than most due the fact that when he's in control, you play pretty much the same way, with lasers and shield pressuring and eventually combos.

Sheik's got a big shield so she doesn't have to think about shield stabs too often, her large grab range, the followups to her grabs, and her long-lasting aerials usually mean you don't have to think about timing them as much.

Peach can mindlessly Dsmash at times and get big damage..

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
yeah ness should be high on your list dude what can he do on the ground other than dash attack? BUt I argee with signia you don't even have to be creative with some of the people.

betterthanbonds9

Smash Ace
yeah ness should be high on your list dude what can he do on the ground other than dash attack? BUt I argee with signia you don't even have to be creative with some of the people.
Ness doesn't win much; you have to be smart AND win, otherwise the low tiers would be at the top and it's not like this list is either quantifiable or serious; it's just for fun :lick:

I find falco players to be the ones that are most constantly throwing out moves in order to judge how people react and with the number of approaches he has and all the possible DI's from his combos that he needs to cover. I think that takes intellect.

Jiggs players need to play the game of dont get touched more than anyone, not to mention the absolute need to attack any opening because you aren't going to be comboing people if they are past 40%

Falcon is the same as falco imo, it's just that I find Falcons lose more <_<.
--in the real tier list and in my make believe stupid fun one, Falcon always has issues with where he is

Fox can cover so many options with just nair shine wd away...

Peach, has to play the same dont get touched game as jiggs, but peach just seems less movingl because of less air mobility

Sheik is all about techchasing and combos out of ftilt, throws, w/e. Pretty mindless compared to the others, except in recovery.

Edit:
lol tier list for smartness is a dumb idea :p
shhh :p

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
yeah that's the point what's he going to do? If your going to say amount of mental effort I play as a lot of people.

I only think hmm I should rest this guy when i'm jigglypuff

As falco laser to attack

falcon be hard to predict and have good movement

fox- be hard to predict and get combo moves

sheik lol just get a grab or attack that works

kirby i'm going to kill myself

ice climber- study their projectilt game it really messs them up, keep nana, try to find a way to grab or de-synce and how should I edge gaurd and keep moving. They are pretty hard mentally

Pichu- what are they doing I must know, keep moving avoid attacks and punish if you can, mix up movement speed and approach 3 different ones each, how should I recover there are mmany ways and you mst be unpredictable, know when to randomlly change side-B, and a hundred different tools and ideas I have to mess with people.

Really I think the most as pichu and not a thought goes through my head when using jigglypuff. I do odd movements sometimes but really I don't think

Divinokage

Smash Legend
yeah that's the point what's he going to do? If your going to say amount of mental effort I play as a lot of people.

I only think hmm I should rest this guy when i'm jigglypuff

As falco laser to attack

falcon be hard to predict and have good movement

fox- be hard to predict and get combo moves

sheik lol just get a grab or attack that works

kirby i'm going to kill myself

ice climber- study their projectilt game it really messs them up, keep nana, try to find a way to grab or de-synce and how should I edge gaurd and keep moving. They are pretty hard mentally

Pichu- what are they doing I must know, keep moving avoid attacks and punish if you can, mix up movement speed and approach 3 different ones each, how should I recover there are mmany ways and you mst be unpredictable, know when to randomlly change side-B, and a hundred different tools and ideas I have to mess with people.

Really I think the most as pichu and not a thought goes through my head when using jigglypuff. I do odd movements sometimes but really I don't think
Any character is just as hard mentality with the amount of mix-ups you need to do in order to beat the opponent. What you said for Pichu is exactly the same for any player/character, the tools are just different, though Pichu has close to no tools in order to beat a good character.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
LOL says the guy who goes "All I have to do is spam Ganons moves and win"
DON'T MAKE ME FIND THE QUOTE
(though it was just for Luigi >_>)

That list of whatever from a few pages ago is decent...
BUT WHERE IS LUIGI!!!

GRRRRR >:[

Sasha

Smash Journeyman
Kage has spoken. It shall be done.

I wish I were a mod lol.

Also, YOSHI IS TEH BEST CHARACTER IN MELEE.

Un-pokeable shield and double jump cancels are too good son.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom